Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale: IN or OUT 16:44 - Mar 19 with 14626 viewsRafc3

Stockdale: IN or OUT

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Stockdale: IN or OUT

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 20:03 - Mar 20 with 3538 viewsrichfoad32

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 19:43 - Mar 20 by _Windydale

I've confidence That Stockdale is still the man. A full season in league 2 he now knows whats required.

I'm hoping to see some fresh eager legs in the summer. I just want this season to be over with. For any unsettled guys at the end of their contract and the lightweights to go.

We need someone who can bring in players we need post-season and Stockdale's got a lot of connections . I think he needs a a good summer seasons training behind him before being shown the door.

Replacing him now I don't think will help us.

He has the contacts and proven he can bring good players when given time. E.g. Campbell, Downing (loan), even kelly who was signed at short notice. There have been a few mistakes like Odoh and Graham but he hardly had much time to vet his choices.

I'm obviously not happy with the current league position and performances. But i believe in manager stability, and Robbie needs more time to work with a settled squad, pre-season. that has players who will play for him.

He didn't bring Odoh in? I'm not sold on Kelly either, very lightweight and gives the ball away far too often for his supposed quality.
Stockdale: IN or OUT on 20:23 - Mar 20 with 3461 viewsTomRAFC

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 20:03 - Mar 20 by richfoad32

He didn't bring Odoh in? I'm not sold on Kelly either, very lightweight and gives the ball away far too often for his supposed quality.

Odoh was a BBM signing.

Kelly has bags of quality and was dominant for his first few games. He's been scouted since, and has been closed down a lot more.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 21:08 - Mar 20 with 3354 viewsnordenblue

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 20:23 - Mar 20 by TomRAFC

Odoh was a BBM signing.

Kelly has bags of quality and was dominant for his first few games. He's been scouted since, and has been closed down a lot more.

Kelly won't be here very long, sadly
Stockdale: IN or OUT on 21:26 - Mar 20 with 3324 viewsEllDale

With reference to remarks earlier in the thread I’m not sure that RS has any more contacts than any other manager.
A hell of a lot of it is down to agents and they’ll be going to the clubs who apparently have more money than Dale.
And as regards RS having a bigger budget next season I’d like to know how?
Stockdale: IN or OUT on 22:22 - Mar 20 with 3217 viewsJames1980

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 18:56 - Mar 20 by AtThePeake

I don't know James. It feels like it's not a trait when things are going well because why would it be? Why would people have wanted us to sack Keith Hill when we were in the top half of L1?

The two managers between Hill's two spells lasted less than a year. Three of the four managers before Hill's first spell lasted less than a year. Football is cut-throat. If you aren't getting results, you're usually out on your arse.

Can't articulate what I want to say but it sounds like our fanbase is not that different to others

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 22:30 - Mar 20 with 3187 viewsD_Alien

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 22:22 - Mar 20 by James1980

Can't articulate what I want to say but it sounds like our fanbase is not that different to others

It's not fanbases that sack managers though, is it? They might have an influence if they put in a major show of dissatisfaction, especially at games (e.g. Rafa at Everton) but it's club boards that do the hiring and firing

It's club boards that might traditionally lack patience

[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 22:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 23:13 - Mar 20 with 3093 viewsMass_Debater

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 21:26 - Mar 20 by EllDale

With reference to remarks earlier in the thread I’m not sure that RS has any more contacts than any other manager.
A hell of a lot of it is down to agents and they’ll be going to the clubs who apparently have more money than Dale.
And as regards RS having a bigger budget next season I’d like to know how?

How do you know what contacts RS does or doesn't have? You don't, none of us do.
Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:09 - Mar 21 with 2879 viewsAtThePeake

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 21:08 - Mar 20 by nordenblue

Kelly won't be here very long, sadly

What's that based on?

If any L1 clubs had been looking at him after his excellent performances a few months ago, I very much doubt they'll still be interested after the last month or two.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:28 - Mar 21 with 2857 viewsJames1980

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:09 - Mar 21 by AtThePeake

What's that based on?

If any L1 clubs had been looking at him after his excellent performances a few months ago, I very much doubt they'll still be interested after the last month or two.

Won't that be down to how well his agent can argue that it is all down Kelly 'not being managed competently'

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:37 - Mar 21 with 2846 viewsAtThePeake

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:28 - Mar 21 by James1980

Won't that be down to how well his agent can argue that it is all down Kelly 'not being managed competently'

I suppose so. Would be gamble for a L1 club to offer a transfer fee for a contracted player who's had an inconsistent season in L2 though. There's a reason we were able to pick him up for a free in the summer and that's because nobody higher than us in the food chain wanted him. I'm not convinced he's done enough at Dale to convince those clubs they made a mistake.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 10:10 - Mar 21 with 2791 viewssamueloneils

Obviously staying in the league is paramount.
Yes we`ve seen teams no better than us getting the ball forward much quicker and getting results.
The biggest problem, and its glaring to me is that we have no decent strikers (who knows with Charman but something must be wrong behind the scenes). To go into a half-season with 2 rookies and one 19 year old loanee, made the aquad completely unbalanced.

The reason I`m Stockdale in, is that we will have a manager in May who knows every little detail of his squad strengths and weaknesses with many opportunities to make changes due to the contracts ending in June (11 of them) plus 5 loanees, and hard experience of what it takes in Div2.

But 2 strikers are essential.
Stockdale: IN or OUT on 12:44 - Mar 21 with 2630 viewspaulscho

Been a while but
OUT OUT OUT
Went to the Barrow Game,I wanted to walk out after 25minutes.
I'm afraid i will not be returning again, its made my Saturday afternoon`s much less stressful not watching that rubbish.
Simple solution bring back our Keith !!!!

livinginadalewonderland

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 13:31 - Mar 21 with 2533 viewselectricblue

Lets have change from the negativity about Stockdale for once.
O'Connell in Or out
Done in or out.

Or another other player etc.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 14:10 - Mar 21 with 2474 viewsDaleiLama

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 10:10 - Mar 21 by samueloneils

Obviously staying in the league is paramount.
Yes we`ve seen teams no better than us getting the ball forward much quicker and getting results.
The biggest problem, and its glaring to me is that we have no decent strikers (who knows with Charman but something must be wrong behind the scenes). To go into a half-season with 2 rookies and one 19 year old loanee, made the aquad completely unbalanced.

The reason I`m Stockdale in, is that we will have a manager in May who knows every little detail of his squad strengths and weaknesses with many opportunities to make changes due to the contracts ending in June (11 of them) plus 5 loanees, and hard experience of what it takes in Div2.

But 2 strikers are essential.

There can be no ignoring the fact that RS came into a sh1t storm and little doubting the idea that he is playing and recruiting for next season. My guess is that that will be enough justification for the board to keep him if we survive. It's probably enough for most fans too.

Despite being dealt a pretty mediocre hand, and perhaps having been forced against his wishes to discard JB and AM, he's had the potential opportunity in terms of financial backing to strengthen his hand by picking up some replacement cards. The acid test is are we seeing positive results from that? The form table posted by HD, where we have W1, D2, L3 and accrued 5 points from 18 with a -6 gd and 19th on form, after scoring only 3 goals during the last 6 games, supports the contention that we are not improving and arguably regressing? There's no denying that that is disappointing and the cause of a lot of the current uneasiness.

At some point in the future, Robbie's survival will be determined by whether he stops our slide through the leagues and our performances start to improve consistently. It's not happening yet, but nor has he been given enough time to prove himself. With 1 in 3 fans on this poll wanting him gone, it's fair to say the honeymoon period is over and it's now time to start fighting to make this marriage work!
[Post edited 21 Mar 2022 14:20]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 18:32 - Mar 21 with 2210 viewsSuddenLad

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 12:44 - Mar 21 by paulscho

Been a while but
OUT OUT OUT
Went to the Barrow Game,I wanted to walk out after 25minutes.
I'm afraid i will not be returning again, its made my Saturday afternoon`s much less stressful not watching that rubbish.
Simple solution bring back our Keith !!!!

What stopped you walking out then? Couldn't get a lift to Scunthorpe ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 18:46 - Mar 21 with 2186 views49thseason

Stockdale was left holding the shitty end of the stick on day one when Humphrys was sold the day before his appointment, quickly followed by Rathbone, players who might have been regarded as backup were thrust into the first team as a result. Add to that the loss of Beesley and Morley in January, covid, injuries and illness and the guy has been firefighting since literally day one. He inherited a paper thin squad with practically no defence which was what got us relegated in the first place thanks to BBMs horizontal attitude to management and Bottom's behind the scenes undermining of the whole structure of the club.

It may well take years to steer the club back to L1 such is the parlous state we have arrived at thanks to the business genius of Bottom and the moribund BoD that let him play Football Manager with an actual club. Was it deliberate mismanagement? Probably not, just a huge dereliction of duty in all sectors of the club, on and off the pitch. Weary old men and a devious narcissist is not a recipe for managerial probity

We do not have the income to act quickly, and swapping managers is an expensive business so rebuilding will take multiple seasons. Without money there is only hard work and incremental improvements. If the hardcore of fans bale out because they think we should be in the playoff places at least, we are doomed.
Stockdale: IN or OUT on 19:17 - Mar 21 with 2128 viewsJames1980

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 18:46 - Mar 21 by 49thseason

Stockdale was left holding the shitty end of the stick on day one when Humphrys was sold the day before his appointment, quickly followed by Rathbone, players who might have been regarded as backup were thrust into the first team as a result. Add to that the loss of Beesley and Morley in January, covid, injuries and illness and the guy has been firefighting since literally day one. He inherited a paper thin squad with practically no defence which was what got us relegated in the first place thanks to BBMs horizontal attitude to management and Bottom's behind the scenes undermining of the whole structure of the club.

It may well take years to steer the club back to L1 such is the parlous state we have arrived at thanks to the business genius of Bottom and the moribund BoD that let him play Football Manager with an actual club. Was it deliberate mismanagement? Probably not, just a huge dereliction of duty in all sectors of the club, on and off the pitch. Weary old men and a devious narcissist is not a recipe for managerial probity

We do not have the income to act quickly, and swapping managers is an expensive business so rebuilding will take multiple seasons. Without money there is only hard work and incremental improvements. If the hardcore of fans bale out because they think we should be in the playoff places at least, we are doomed.

I'd say that's pretty much spot on, well IMHO anyway.

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 19:37 - Mar 21 with 2055 viewsdale1968

Best post I have read in Years...

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 07:40 - Mar 22 with 1807 viewspaulscho

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 18:32 - Mar 21 by SuddenLad

What stopped you walking out then? Couldn't get a lift to Scunthorpe ?

You want to watch that crap season in season out, good luck to you.
The Dale are in a bad place and just slip further and further nearer to the trap door of extinction.
The place is in a stinking mess and the guy leading them will take you all over the cliff with him.
At least Keith had the stomach for a fight, this bloke is a poorer version of BBM.
I have been a life long fan but the pain and frustration is far to painful.
Enjoy the pain as its not ending soon !!!
OUT OUT OUT
[Post edited 22 Mar 2022 7:42]

livinginadalewonderland

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:39 - Mar 22 with 1661 viewsAtThePeake

We spent transfer fees on three players in January and the board said at the Fans Forum that there will be a significantly increased transfer budget for next season, too. We may not be flush with cash but playing the skint card won't wash for several seasons.

I never once expected us to be in a play-off battle this season and I'm not in any way planning to 'bale out' because we're enduring a poor run of form, but as much as Stockdale had a difficult summer, he was backed in January after Beesley and Morley left and to my mind we've gone backwards since then.

Providing we stay up, I'm not bothered about the league position in the slightest, but I want to see some reasons as to why Stockdale is a man we can trust with that increased transfer budget. I want to see some signs of an identity emerging, an exciting style of play, evidence that some of these players are improving, signs of tactical flexibility. Basically, I want to be given a reason to think Stockdale could, eventually, down the line, create a team that challenges for the play-offs. At the moment I'm not seeing any of those things.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:44 - Mar 22 with 1641 viewsAtThePeake

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:39 - Mar 22 by AtThePeake

We spent transfer fees on three players in January and the board said at the Fans Forum that there will be a significantly increased transfer budget for next season, too. We may not be flush with cash but playing the skint card won't wash for several seasons.

I never once expected us to be in a play-off battle this season and I'm not in any way planning to 'bale out' because we're enduring a poor run of form, but as much as Stockdale had a difficult summer, he was backed in January after Beesley and Morley left and to my mind we've gone backwards since then.

Providing we stay up, I'm not bothered about the league position in the slightest, but I want to see some reasons as to why Stockdale is a man we can trust with that increased transfer budget. I want to see some signs of an identity emerging, an exciting style of play, evidence that some of these players are improving, signs of tactical flexibility. Basically, I want to be given a reason to think Stockdale could, eventually, down the line, create a team that challenges for the play-offs. At the moment I'm not seeing any of those things.

And for what it's worth, I voted IN on the poll. I see no reason to get rid of him right now when, to my mind, we'll almost definitely stay up regardless this season. He now has 10 games to start giving us a reason to be excited for the future. If we're going into the final games of the season still playing Campbell on his own 60 yards away from any support, still playing a formation that patently hasn't worked properly for weeks, still not giving any of our talented youngsters any minutes and still picking players who don't deserve to play then I think I'd be looking elsewhere because us enduring a difficult summer off the field 9 months ago isn't relevant when it comes to specific decisions like those.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 10:36 - Mar 22 with 1592 viewsDaleiLama

Stockdale: IN or OUT on 09:44 - Mar 22 by AtThePeake

And for what it's worth, I voted IN on the poll. I see no reason to get rid of him right now when, to my mind, we'll almost definitely stay up regardless this season. He now has 10 games to start giving us a reason to be excited for the future. If we're going into the final games of the season still playing Campbell on his own 60 yards away from any support, still playing a formation that patently hasn't worked properly for weeks, still not giving any of our talented youngsters any minutes and still picking players who don't deserve to play then I think I'd be looking elsewhere because us enduring a difficult summer off the field 9 months ago isn't relevant when it comes to specific decisions like those.

This is exactly where I'm at, with the same vote for in.

There are a ton of mitigating factors that have made Robbie's fist campaign really tough and losing Bees and Morley may have been the worst of them, but we feel like we're currently going backwards at worst, or treading water at best.

I like RS. He's a genuine bloke who fits well at Dale and is well liked for very good reasons. As of now though, the ideas in his head are not translating to the pitch. That is very worrisome, because he's had a lot of games to get the message across and it either isn't getting across, or it's the wrong message. We need to get back to scoring goals. We're not doing anywhere near enough of it. Hell, tonight, I'd put Charman on from the start and see if he can bag one or two based on his previous pedigree, before he gets subbed off if he can't stay the pace or it isn't working. We've done it with Doney often enough and Robbie also loves his 60th minute subs so he's got HT and this slot to make changes. I'd like to see Done, Newby and Charman start up front tonight and see if that produces more goals than the current rate of 0.5/game over the last 6.

And I'll be renewing my ST whether we're in L2 or relegated. I bought shares, supported the legal fund and I'll be there in the MS whoever we have as manager. I want it to be Robbie and I don't care where we finish in the league as long as we've had a good go.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024