Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 127218 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 12:58 - Nov 3 with 2504 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 12:51 - Nov 3 by stowmarketrange

It does seem strange that every state seems to have a different system for dealing with postal votes.

Possibly because each State is almost akin to it's own country with it's own laws and ways of doing things.

The USA isn't one big country, it's 52 smaller ones.
Trump on 13:09 - Nov 3 with 2473 viewsstowmarketrange

Trump on 12:58 - Nov 3 by Juzzie

Possibly because each State is almost akin to it's own country with it's own laws and ways of doing things.

I can understand that with their state law, but this should be a federal issue surely?They are all voting in a nationwide election.
The only winners will be the lawyers as this could run and run for months.
Trump on 13:24 - Nov 3 with 2430 viewsBucksRanger

Trump on 12:58 - Nov 3 by Juzzie

50 not 52 states.

The 48 contiguous states bordered by Canada and Mexico plus Alaska and Hawaii that do not have borders with the main country.
Trump on 13:29 - Nov 3 with 2428 viewsqprd

Trump on 13:09 - Nov 3 by stowmarketrange

I can understand that with their state law, but this should be a federal issue surely?They are all voting in a nationwide election.
The only winners will be the lawyers as this could run and run for months.

This isnt just a federal election- state and local elections are taking place, too. I voted (absentee) for biden, a senate seat and a house seat (all federal govt elections)... but i also voted for my towns board of education, state wide positions and for statewide referendum (eg my state was doing a marijuana legalization referendum among others)... all of these items appeared on the same ballot

it is a quirk of the US system, but then again, the electoral college is a quirk which exists bc of the notion of states' rights....

even at the federal level, most states allocate all electoral votes to the candidate who wins the overall vote in a specific state... but states like nebraska and maine actually split their electoral votes, so you can have a situation in which trump can win some nebraska electoral votes and biden the others

there are valid arguments for standardization... in most years, these quirks dont matter bc theres a decisive winner and you can determine the winner on election night... obviously this year is different bc of the volume of mail in votes due to pandemic and b/c trump/republicans are actively trying to stop mail in voting (b/c they believe that more dems will mail in their votes than republicans)... theyve already tried to throw out 100s of thousands votes in texas, pennyslvania and north carolina

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/us/supreme-court-pennsylvania-north-carolina-
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 13:30]
Trump on 14:05 - Nov 3 with 2369 viewsstowmarketrange

Trump on 13:29 - Nov 3 by qprd

This isnt just a federal election- state and local elections are taking place, too. I voted (absentee) for biden, a senate seat and a house seat (all federal govt elections)... but i also voted for my towns board of education, state wide positions and for statewide referendum (eg my state was doing a marijuana legalization referendum among others)... all of these items appeared on the same ballot

it is a quirk of the US system, but then again, the electoral college is a quirk which exists bc of the notion of states' rights....

even at the federal level, most states allocate all electoral votes to the candidate who wins the overall vote in a specific state... but states like nebraska and maine actually split their electoral votes, so you can have a situation in which trump can win some nebraska electoral votes and biden the others

there are valid arguments for standardization... in most years, these quirks dont matter bc theres a decisive winner and you can determine the winner on election night... obviously this year is different bc of the volume of mail in votes due to pandemic and b/c trump/republicans are actively trying to stop mail in voting (b/c they believe that more dems will mail in their votes than republicans)... theyve already tried to throw out 100s of thousands votes in texas, pennyslvania and north carolina

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/us/supreme-court-pennsylvania-north-carolina-

Cheers for the info mate.Just when I thought I was starting to understand how the US electoral system worked I’m now back to square one.
Trump on 14:54 - Nov 3 with 2290 viewsGaryT

The first three minutes covers the stuff we already know but if you think it's complicated now, listen to what he says from 3 minutes....OMG.

(great muppets cameo at 0:46)
Trump on 15:20 - Nov 3 with 2249 viewsrobith

Trump on 00:49 - Nov 3 by Boston

The ‘Popular Vote’ does not decide the outcome of British Elections.

True - but I'm not entirely sure how that relates to my jokey point?
Trump on 16:15 - Nov 3 with 2137 viewsgobbles

Trump on 13:24 - Nov 3 by BucksRanger

50 not 52 states.

The 48 contiguous states bordered by Canada and Mexico plus Alaska and Hawaii that do not have borders with the main country.

Plus the District of Columbia
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 16:21 - Nov 3 with 2107 viewsBucksRanger

Trump on 16:15 - Nov 3 by gobbles

Plus the District of Columbia

Yes, an odd one that. Perhaps we can pretend Washington DC is still part of Maryland.
Trump on 16:49 - Nov 3 with 2065 viewsgobbles

Trump on 16:21 - Nov 3 by BucksRanger

Yes, an odd one that. Perhaps we can pretend Washington DC is still part of Maryland.

The amazing thing in "The Land of the Free" is that Puerto Rico get no vote, despite being US citizens
Trump on 17:28 - Nov 3 with 1985 viewsitsbiga

Trump on 16:49 - Nov 3 by gobbles

The amazing thing in "The Land of the Free" is that Puerto Rico get no vote, despite being US citizens

DC don't get Senators. They have taxation without representation.
One of the main reasons for getting Independence from British Rule.
Give DC and Puerto Rico Statedom and Republicans never win again.
The only way they can win now is via voter suppression anyway.
If Biden wins tonight with a handsome lead then the GOP are in the sh1tter as they will need to revamp the entire party and that will cause a split with their hard right and libertarian cliques. Texas goes blue tonight and thats the GOP done for 20 years.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 17:32]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Trump on 17:41 - Nov 3 with 1954 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 14:54 - Nov 3 by GaryT

The first three minutes covers the stuff we already know but if you think it's complicated now, listen to what he says from 3 minutes....OMG.

(great muppets cameo at 0:46)

It's so complicated and no surprise Trump wants (with no regard to how it actually works) it declared same day as that seems to suit him more. More manipulation of the system, he knows exactly what he doing.
I don't know what is more dangerous, someone who is genuinely loopy or someone who knows exactly what they are doing and is very deliberate in that. The latter I think and that's him.
Trump on 17:58 - Nov 3 with 1916 viewsGaryT

Trump on 17:41 - Nov 3 by Juzzie

It's so complicated and no surprise Trump wants (with no regard to how it actually works) it declared same day as that seems to suit him more. More manipulation of the system, he knows exactly what he doing.
I don't know what is more dangerous, someone who is genuinely loopy or someone who knows exactly what they are doing and is very deliberate in that. The latter I think and that's him.

Agreed, the conversation with Bob Woodward about Covid let that cat out of the bag.
Trump on 18:05 - Nov 3 with 1897 viewsqprd

Trump on 17:28 - Nov 3 by itsbiga

DC don't get Senators. They have taxation without representation.
One of the main reasons for getting Independence from British Rule.
Give DC and Puerto Rico Statedom and Republicans never win again.
The only way they can win now is via voter suppression anyway.
If Biden wins tonight with a handsome lead then the GOP are in the sh1tter as they will need to revamp the entire party and that will cause a split with their hard right and libertarian cliques. Texas goes blue tonight and thats the GOP done for 20 years.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 17:32]

Few things I don't agree with:

-DC dont have senators or congressman. But it is worth bearing in mind that social services are distributed in DC through the federal govt and not the state (b/c there is no state). Therefore, DC actually gets more in federal funding (by a wide wide wide wide margin) than its citizens pay in federal tax to the government. Sure, they dont have representation, but they its not like theyre losing this one

-DC already is represented in the electoral college (ie their vote counts in pres election)

-If PR got statehood, itd have somewhere between 6-8 electoral votes based on their population of 3-4m. Significant, but it would hardly swing the presidential election or the house elections... it could swing majorities in the senate

-ultimate DC/PR will never get statehood b/c its a partisan issue. Rs going to want to give it up bc they know itll help the dems...no one really cares enough to make this a national issue

if texas goes blue, Rs are screwed, for sure....
Trump on 18:23 - Nov 3 with 1853 views2Thomas2Bowles

Batshit Crazy or mad as a box of frogs, you pick which one is which

Much like the election choice here then.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 20:25 - Nov 3 with 1752 viewsRanger_Things

'Across the US, state governors have asked national guard to prepare for deployment in case of unrest and protests surrounding the election. More than 3,600 troops have been activated, the Military Times reports. In the capital, federal officials are preparing a “non scalable” fence around the White House and authorities have advised businesses to sign up for crime alerts.'

Making Umerica Great Again!
Trump on 20:55 - Nov 3 with 1693 viewskensalriser

Trump on 20:25 - Nov 3 by Ranger_Things

'Across the US, state governors have asked national guard to prepare for deployment in case of unrest and protests surrounding the election. More than 3,600 troops have been activated, the Military Times reports. In the capital, federal officials are preparing a “non scalable” fence around the White House and authorities have advised businesses to sign up for crime alerts.'

Making Umerica Great Again!

A transparent spectacle aiming at creating an atmosphere of tension and fear of crazed BLM supporters, anarchists, rioters, looters and Democrats (they are synonymous, obvs) storming the White House.

Here's to the orange stain getting wiped clean tomorrow.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 20:56]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trump on 20:58 - Nov 3 with 1686 viewsdaveB

Whoever wins I do think it's not great that the two candidates for this are both as bad as they are. Biden seems like his best days are behind him and Trump is just a WWE character.
Trump on 21:05 - Nov 3 with 1668 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 20:55 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

A transparent spectacle aiming at creating an atmosphere of tension and fear of crazed BLM supporters, anarchists, rioters, looters and Democrats (they are synonymous, obvs) storming the White House.

So like a few in here, anyone but Trump, forgetting Biden has as much spin as a jellyfish and about as many working brain cells.

Trump on 21:47 - Nov 3 with 1604 viewsSharpy36

Trump on 20:55 - Nov 3 by kensalriser

Buisness owners have been boarding up since yesterday in Democrat states. The same states that have seen all the looting and burning by that anarchic bunch of bedwetters that you list.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Trump on 21:52 - Nov 3 with 2551 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 00:22 - Nov 3 by Match82

Agree that Biden was the most neutral and least controversial character that the democrat party could put up. Entirely disagree that most ordinary people are "pro trump". There's a very small proportion of the country who are "pro trump" (and for that matter not many who are "pro Biden") and vast swathes of the country who are voting democrat/republican regardless of the candidate. I have friends voting for both parties. The ones voting for Trump despise him as a person and a leader but their party beliefs (pro life, pro business) mean they would vote for whoever was on that republican ticket

"Agree that Biden was the most neutral and least controversial character that the democrat party could put up."

The odd thing for me about US elections is that the opposition doesn't have a recognised "leader" who might be elected to replace the sitting president. They've had three years of Trump, and then in the fourth year the Democrats decide to have a competition to choose a candidate for President. As though it hadn't occurred to them before.

It makes me think of people in supermarket check-out queues who pack all their shopping back in the basket, and then the guy tells them how much the bill is, and only then do they start looking for their purse or wallet to pay. They've had ten minutes waiting for that - why was it such a surprise?
Trump on 22:19 - Nov 3 with 2499 viewsRanger_Things

GOP Vermont governor votes for Biden
Gov. Phil Scott (R-Vt.) told reporters after he cast his ballot that he voted for Biden, becoming the first incumbent Republican governor to publicly reveal a vote for the Democratic candidate.

A Trump critic, Scott had said previously he wouldn’t vote for the president, but it was unclear if he would write in another name, like other anti-Trump Republican officials have done.

“It’s been a bit of a struggle for me, but I ended up voting for Joe Biden,” he told reporters, according to Seven Days, a Vermont newspaper.

Scott told reporters this was the first time he supported a Democratic presidential candidate.

“So I had to do some soul-searching,” he said.

Scott didn’t vote for Trump in 2016, and he announced in August that he would again not vote for the Republican at the top of the ticket, but at the time said he hadn’t decided whether he would cast a ballot for Biden.
Trump on 22:45 - Nov 3 with 2451 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 13:29 - Nov 3 by qprd

Thanks for that, mate. So in the event that the Democrats were to sweep the board, is there any chance they might reform the voting system to make it fair?
Trump on 07:32 - Nov 4 with 2212 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump just said .. going to the supreme court to stop election or stop the counting of votes
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 7:35]

Trump on 08:01 - Nov 4 with 2153 viewsLythamR

Trump on 07:32 - Nov 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Trump just said .. going to the supreme court to stop election or stop the counting of votes
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 7:35]

unsurprisingly crazy, from what i see it looks like he is going to win it anyway, unless he knows something he shouldnt about the mail in ballots still to be counted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024