Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 127228 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 16:24 - Jan 8 with 1928 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 16:14 - Jan 8 by PinnerPaul

He's not going to Biden's inauguration now.

Well it's not his party and won't be getting any presents and has nothing to wear
and thinks it's a hoax to get him arrested.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 16:24]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 16:35 - Jan 8 with 1960 viewsJuzzie

I liked how he said on the video above that his only goal in terms of the legal claims (none of which actually had any evidence provided) was to ensure the integrity of the vote.
I don't recall him being too bothered 4 years ago when he won even though Clinton actually had more overall votes and it was only the interesting way the voting system there works that he won. Would he have even been bothered had he got re-elected? of course not. He would have waffled on about how great the systems is and how democracy won etc.

As others have said, he only started questioning the system when he felt he may lose and got his excuses in first.

That speech must have been really hard for him but at least he said it. Now stand down with some humility at least.

[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 18:06]
Trump on 18:01 - Jan 8 with 1882 viewsRanger_Things

One policeman bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. Another 60 injured.

Remember that next time those Trump cnts arrange a Blue Lives Matter protest.
Trump on 18:11 - Jan 8 with 1855 viewsRanger_Things

Even the pro Trump Wall St Journal has had enough of the orange grifter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-final-days-11610062773?mod=opinion_le

Resignation is probably the best option. Then cowardly Pence could pardon him. Democrats reported to start impeachment on Monday.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 18:17]
Trump on 18:41 - Jan 8 with 1817 viewsCiderwithRsie

Trump on 10:49 - Jan 8 by traininvain

Just playing devils advocate here but bringing criminal charges against former Presidents could set a dangerous precedent moving forward.

I wouldn’t be surprised if most presidents have done something which could be deemed criminal (Nixon/Watergate and Bush/Iraq off the top of my head). I’m sure Republicans could point to the actions of Obama (he’s already been accused of spying on Trump) and claim it was criminal.

If they go after Trump once he’s left the White House then it wouldn’t be surprising to see Trump loyalists try to find a way to bring criminal charges against Biden or Harris in future.

I’m not sure what the solution is here as Trump probably deserves it but it could potentially open the floodgates and make the role untenable.

Nixon really did carry out a crime, or at least encouraged one, people did time for the Watergate break-in. Nixon probably would have too if Ford hadn't issued a pre-emptive pardon.

But, no, Bush did not commit any crime under US law in the Iraq War or anything like and there isn't a hope in hell of an allegation that Obama spied getting near court.

It's not enough for some loon to come up with an allegation, you do to meet basic standards of prima facie evidence before you can start throwing charges around and expect them not to be simply thrown out by the courts (just as we've seen countless crackpot allegations about the election thrown out by numerous courts.) In something like your Obama case they'd refuse to even hear it.

Trump's different because on the two counts he might face charges there's a tape recording of his call to the Georgia SoS and TV footage of his call to supporters to march on the Capitol. The actual facts aren't in doubt, merely whether or not a state or federal offence (e.g. sedition) has been committed.

The other difference is that Trump has tried to overthrow democracy. That's what it comes down to, he has spent weeks trying to stop whole US states from being allowed to vote on who should be President. (As pointed out, e.g, by the Republican senator for Pennsylvania.) If you're worried about opening floodgates, that one's the size of the Thames Barrier.
Trump on 18:43 - Jan 8 with 1813 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 16:14 - Jan 8 by PinnerPaul

He's not going to Biden's inauguration now.

Of course not, he'd be far too early.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump on 19:04 - Jan 8 with 1786 viewsRanger_Things

Safeguards have been put in place by US military to ensure Trump cannot launch a nuclear strike.

They are clearly worried it's a possibility, so why on earth ha s he not been removed by men in white coats?
Trump on 22:41 - Jan 8 with 1684 viewsMatch82

Trump on 18:11 - Jan 8 by Ranger_Things

Even the pro Trump Wall St Journal has had enough of the orange grifter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-final-days-11610062773?mod=opinion_le

Resignation is probably the best option. Then cowardly Pence could pardon him. Democrats reported to start impeachment on Monday.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 18:17]

Wouldn't have thought Pence is as inclined to do that as he was a week ago
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 23:01 - Jan 8 with 1660 viewsEsox_Lucius

Trump on 18:41 - Jan 8 by CiderwithRsie

Nixon really did carry out a crime, or at least encouraged one, people did time for the Watergate break-in. Nixon probably would have too if Ford hadn't issued a pre-emptive pardon.

But, no, Bush did not commit any crime under US law in the Iraq War or anything like and there isn't a hope in hell of an allegation that Obama spied getting near court.

It's not enough for some loon to come up with an allegation, you do to meet basic standards of prima facie evidence before you can start throwing charges around and expect them not to be simply thrown out by the courts (just as we've seen countless crackpot allegations about the election thrown out by numerous courts.) In something like your Obama case they'd refuse to even hear it.

Trump's different because on the two counts he might face charges there's a tape recording of his call to the Georgia SoS and TV footage of his call to supporters to march on the Capitol. The actual facts aren't in doubt, merely whether or not a state or federal offence (e.g. sedition) has been committed.

The other difference is that Trump has tried to overthrow democracy. That's what it comes down to, he has spent weeks trying to stop whole US states from being allowed to vote on who should be President. (As pointed out, e.g, by the Republican senator for Pennsylvania.) If you're worried about opening floodgates, that one's the size of the Thames Barrier.

The gerrymandering of the USPS should also be taken into consideration as a tool to supress voting against voters likely to vote Democrat.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 0:32]

The grass is always greener.

Trump on 23:32 - Jan 8 with 1618 viewsRanger_Things

Trump banned from Twitter.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 23:34]
Trump on 00:59 - Jan 9 with 1563 viewsSydneyRs

Trump on 10:41 - Jan 8 by bosh67

Very true. It’s like he’s become a totally different brainwashed man now. He did a lot for New York but his words a few days ago were arguably more divisive than Trump’s.

Similar to a good chunk of the people I've been connected to on social media for a number of years. People who used to be very reasonable and relaxed have turned into raging bigots over the last 4 to 5 years.
Trump on 02:03 - Jan 9 with 2362 viewseccles

Trump on 23:32 - Jan 8 by Ranger_Things

Trump banned from Twitter.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 23:34]

4 years too late.
No, actually 6 years too late.
I Wonder how different the World would be if Hilary won.
Trump on 07:30 - Jan 9 with 2248 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trump on 02:03 - Jan 9 by eccles

4 years too late.

As with the candidates in the last two UK elections, the candidates in the last two US elections have been shockingly poor!

The quality and basic competence and integrity of our political options/leaders globally, have surely never been so poor.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Trump on 11:47 - Jan 9 with 2108 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

4 years too late.

One or all of Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq would probably be slightly flatter and people in Flint would still be drinking water full of Lead.
Trump on 14:04 - Jan 9 with 2021 viewsMatch82

4 years too late.

Equally as interesting is what would have happened if Rubio had beaten Trump in the primaries
Trump on 16:25 - Jan 9 with 1966 viewsJuzzie

Programme on BBC iPlayer about how he got into tweeting.

Loves to dish it out but absolutely cannot take it and behaves like a petulant child if someone dares to say anything to/about him that is remotely similar to what he dishes out on a daily basis.

How does such a person get to be PoTUS, unbelievable (Jeff)
Trump on 14:19 - Jan 12 with 1831 viewsGaryT

8 days to go, impeachment moving forward and the Trumpists are planning another day out (seeing as the last one went so well).

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-11/fbi-warns-of-plans-for-nationwide-armed-prot

The irony is the Trumpists believe they are fighting to save their democracy from the radical left whose voters have been brain washed by the fake news. How you go about deprogramming millions of people that believe to their core that everything is a lie I don't know but someone needs to come up with something quick because time is running out.

*EDIT* There's nothing you haven't already seen in the youtube video, just ITV's coverage at the heart of the events.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 14:30]
Trump on 14:20 - Jan 12 with 1824 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 16:25 - Jan 9 by Juzzie

Programme on BBC iPlayer about how he got into tweeting.

Loves to dish it out but absolutely cannot take it and behaves like a petulant child if someone dares to say anything to/about him that is remotely similar to what he dishes out on a daily basis.

How does such a person get to be PoTUS, unbelievable (Jeff)

That is basically 98% of the people on Twitter TBF.
Trump on 15:16 - Jan 12 with 1751 viewsslmrstid

Trump on 14:19 - Jan 12 by GaryT

8 days to go, impeachment moving forward and the Trumpists are planning another day out (seeing as the last one went so well).

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-11/fbi-warns-of-plans-for-nationwide-armed-prot

The irony is the Trumpists believe they are fighting to save their democracy from the radical left whose voters have been brain washed by the fake news. How you go about deprogramming millions of people that believe to their core that everything is a lie I don't know but someone needs to come up with something quick because time is running out.

*EDIT* There's nothing you haven't already seen in the youtube video, just ITV's coverage at the heart of the events.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 14:30]

I think its pretty much impossible to deprogram them to be fair.

On a tangent, but me & Mrs recently watched "Behind the Curve" on Netflix, about Flat Earthers, and the mental gymnastics some of these people perform to keep their beliefs the same despite all obvious evidence is astounding.

There's one bit where a group dedicate themselves to perform real science to prove their hypothesis that the Earth is flat. One of their members even spends $20,000 to obtain a super-duper special gyroscope to measure the "rotation" (or not rotation as they see it).

Unfortunately, their experiments keep supporting the fact the earth is a globe, and rather than accept it and rethink their position, they come up with all sorts of extraordinary reasons as to why the equipment is wrong/faulty/giving the wrong results.

Just astounding. And its the same with the dedicated Trumpers.

(There, just about brought it back on topic!)
Trump on 15:40 - Jan 12 with 1720 viewsBostonR

Trump on 15:16 - Jan 12 by slmrstid

On a tangent, but me & Mrs recently watched "Behind the Curve" on Netflix, about Flat Earthers, and the mental gymnastics some of these people perform to keep their beliefs the same despite all obvious evidence is astounding.

There's one bit where a group dedicate themselves to perform real science to prove their hypothesis that the Earth is flat. One of their members even spends $20,000 to obtain a super-duper special gyroscope to measure the "rotation" (or not rotation as they see it).

Unfortunately, their experiments keep supporting the fact the earth is a globe, and rather than accept it and rethink their position, they come up with all sorts of extraordinary reasons as to why the equipment is wrong/faulty/giving the wrong results.

Brilliant post.

Crazy times indeed in the US and very sad how misinformation feeds millions there. Unfortunately, the US has woken up late to this threat and it's now a generational effort to turn this narrative off.

Having lived in the US (on and off) for many years this "movement" has been allowed to build unchecked. Fox News being front and centre and both sides on the political aisle becoming more aggressive towards each other.

The US has faced enormous internal challenges in its history and has always found a way forward. Out of this disaster is coming some positives:

- Trump is finished. The swamp will devour him along with the DA in NYC.
- The Trump family will find it very difficult to re-mobilise. No-one wants to touch them.
- Corporates reviewing financial/political contributions. A large number of Republican's are in the firing line and their careers are done.
- An admission that all politics in the US needs to change.
- Now, over 100,000 "tip-offs" to the FBI over the Capitol Hill attack.
- Domestic terrorism is now an acknowledged threat.
- It looks like the poor response by the authorities may have been orchestrated as well. Expect a "clear-out" of some of those Police units that sided with the mob.
- A recent poll suggest over 80% of Americans viewed the attack as a direct threat to democracy.

Important 100 day's for Biden.
Trump on 16:36 - Jan 12 with 1664 viewsGaryT

Trump on 15:16 - Jan 12 by slmrstid

An ex colleague of my wife sends her anti vac/covid stuff on a regular basis. She fact checks each claim and then sends him the proof that what he sent her was bollox. Two minutes later (clearly not enough time to read or watch the evidence) he replies with "Well, yeah Ok, there's a few that could be wrong but what about these five other videos?".

I used to think that fact checking a conspiracy theory would be a way of dragging someone out of the fog but when they are up to their eyeballs in videos and websites confirming their viewpoint, the truth is now irrelevant.

I think part of the problem is that to them there is no logic in someone (or some group) making all this stuff up. I'm sure there are individuals who just make shit up for the fun of it but I'd wager a pretty penny on most of it leading back to "Russians interfering in our elections". I'm hoping that one day there will be a very long documentary that shows how the whole thing works and you can follow the trail from Russian/Chinese keyboards, through the network and onto Facebook/Twitter/Youtube etc and maybe, just maybe, when the trail is fully exposed, we'll have something to point at and say "You see, that video is on the list of those proven to be from the Russian disinformation centre".

Of course that will never defeat the "Well, that's what they want you to believe!" people.

Oh well, happy days
Trump on 17:09 - Jan 12 with 1621 viewsqprd

Trump on 07:30 - Jan 9 by PlanetHonneywood

As with the candidates in the last two UK elections, the candidates in the last two US elections have been shockingly poor!

The quality and basic competence and integrity of our political options/leaders globally, have surely never been so poor.

not sure i agree on hilary clinton

she is definitely unlikeable but the notion that she is somehow incompetent, unqualified or lacking integrity is laughable

lacking integrity? yes, like george soros, the fringe right wing media has concocted numerous absolutely rubbish stories about her, her emails, benghazi etc...

not competent? id actually argue she was one of the most qualified candidates we have had in at least 25-30 years.. a yale law grad, successful career in both private and public practice, first lady of us (where she was involved in healthcare legislation, among numerous other initiatives, and stateswoman roles), senator of NY, secretary of state... very few people can speak to so much experience across all branches of government, plus the domestic and international sphere....
Trump on 19:36 - Jan 13 with 1473 viewsGloryHunter

Anyone else watching the Impeachment Proceedings?

Can any American Rs explain why the "Gentleman from Ohio" keeps reserving? What's the tactics?
Trump on 19:38 - Jan 13 with 1466 viewsflynnbo

Trump on 19:36 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

Anyone else watching the Impeachment Proceedings?

Can any American Rs explain why the "Gentleman from Ohio" keeps reserving? What's the tactics?

I am and think it's so that they can have resounding influential speeches at the end.
Trump on 19:41 - Jan 13 with 1458 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 19:38 - Jan 13 by flynnbo

I am and think it's so that they can have resounding influential speeches at the end.

So why doesn't the "Gentleman from New York" employ similar tactics?

Or if they both keep reserving, will the speaker just blow the final whistle?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024