Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo.. 15:01 - Aug 3 with 22941 viewsFaurlinho

Not even on the bench today. Does that mean he is about to go?
Luongo.. on 13:47 - Aug 8 with 2889 viewsfrancisbowles

Luongo.. on 13:45 - Aug 8 by Dorse

£3.3m? I think that represents good business. Probably works out well for all parties.

Something happening here, what is is ain't exactly clear....

No add ons in this deal. There are subtraction clauses instead. Every time he is knackered and plays poorly after his travels we have to refund part of the fee.
Luongo.. on 14:23 - Aug 8 with 2742 viewsisawqpratwcity

F*ckin' ropeable about this one. I'm sure 'Undisclosed fee" is code for 'spare the blushes of the club (and Mass) that we wanted shot of him so badly'.

When he signed we were a Championship club, and then he renegotiated (up? yeah, right!) two years later: just how f*cking onerous were his wages supposed to be?

Given your antipodean origins, it is fitting that you've joined the Owls (time difference and all that). We'd all appreciate it if you don't make us bitterly regret our decision next time we meet.

All the best, Mass. You were a damn good servant to the club. Between last summer and then this one, you're probably feeling pretty shit. Sorry we had to be part of that.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Luongo.. on 14:38 - Aug 8 with 2679 viewsrsonist

Luongo.. on 10:07 - Aug 8 by connell10

Would love to know how much we got for him , I really have this undisclosed fee bolox!

"picks number out of the air hurr durr"
Luongo.. on 14:45 - Aug 8 with 2637 viewsenfieldargh

Sheffield Star reporting Luongo fee is around 1million

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Luongo.. on 15:08 - Aug 8 with 2562 viewsozranger

Luongo.. on 13:44 - Aug 8 by simmo

Have they?? Not seen that reported by either Sean or Sheffield press. Thought some Ozzie no-mark site said 3.3m but nobody anywhere else has said anything specific other than there was a fee involved?

That Aussie no-mark site is a online version of a TV station (SBS) that actually shows football, or at least did when absolutely no one else was interested. So much, it was actually termed by many as Soccer before Sex as opposed to Special Broadcasting Service owing to the late night films that were regulars. The site is not the problem. The journalist, if that is what he could be called, is. Reports from sources say he has quite a chequered history of making up stories, worse than some you see in the UK. I won't go into the other sordid details about this person. That can wait until over a drink.

So, the £3.3m (which was calcutalted from AUD$6m, which in turn is not the correct exchange value) is probably made up as well and as we have seen with rumours in the twittersphere, they become stories in the rags around the world and explained as truth. Take a look at his previous article in that same web site. It was more than ridiculous to say the least.
Luongo.. on 18:23 - Aug 8 with 2292 viewsE17hoop

Sheffield Star journalist suggesting c. £1m.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/dom-howsons-sheffield-wednesday-column-why-it-wa

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Luongo.. on 18:26 - Aug 8 with 2281 viewssimmo

Luongo.. on 18:23 - Aug 8 by E17hoop

Sheffield Star journalist suggesting c. £1m.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/dom-howsons-sheffield-wednesday-column-why-it-wa

More honest

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Luongo.. on 19:49 - Aug 8 with 2121 viewsgazza1

The 'Owls' are expecting a top six place by the sound of it......Is he good enough for a top six team?? Not sure that he is.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo.. on 07:03 - Aug 9 with 1789 viewshubble

Personally I'm not sad to see Luongo Luongone, even if he did make great Linguine.

For me this transfer window feels like a breath of fresh air, a clean slate. Luongo was almost the last link, player-wise, to several seasons of generally shite football and crap managers. I also felt, again, purely IMO, he flattered to deceive, lacking any consistency in performance and rarely able to stick the ball in the net from very promising positions. Still, he'll probably prove me completely wrong at the Owls...

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Luongo.. on 07:47 - Aug 9 with 1732 viewsdavman

Luongo.. on 19:49 - Aug 8 by gazza1

The 'Owls' are expecting a top six place by the sound of it......Is he good enough for a top six team?? Not sure that he is.

Neither are they, so its a good match...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Luongo.. on 14:01 - Aug 9 with 1538 viewshateley_legend

Luongo.. on 16:02 - Aug 7 by CHUBBS

Although I liked and rated Mass as a good solid player I’m not that sad to see him go.
His break up of opposition play and technical ability on the ball made him a very good player for us but he really did lack the consistency and seemed to have a slightly fragile confidence especially after returning from international games.
I know MW previously tried to sign him but I always felt his transition of play was often too slow so you just wonder how he’d fit in with this new style of play.
I think 3 million is just about right in this market but doubt we got that much knowing us.
Good luck to him but I don’t feel we’ll miss him too much after this excellent transfer window.

This hits the nail on the head for me. I liked him and desperately wished for him to do well - but every time I ever saw him he was chief culprit for receiving the ball, hesitating/dwelling on it forever and slowing the pace of our play right down.

So I'm not as saddened by this as I thought I might be - unless of course SW finish above us, in which case I'll throw my season ticket at Warburton's head in a vein-throbbing rage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024