Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Loss 21:54 - Nov 21 with 9776 viewspearlstreet1

How long will the board of directors let this current form continue.
Somebody text into Radio GMR on Saturday and said under Keith Hill we have only won 9 games out of the last 40 make that the last 41.
I understand we couldn’t keep the likes of Lang but why didn’t we bring in a striker rather than the likes of Steve Davies and co.
I think it’s about time the directors look long and hard is Keith Hill the man to take us forward.
Another Loss on 23:12 - Nov 21 with 2258 viewssoulboy

Another Loss on 22:47 - Nov 21 by rochdaleriddler

I'm not advocating ditching the manager, but if he were to go, there will be many decent candidates.

Depends on your meaning of the word decent. Here a few names who have all until recently been involved with league 1 clubs and probably would be in the same salary bracket as KH. In no particular order, John Sheridan, Lee Clark, Graham Barrow, Gary Caldwell, Martin Allen and of course FRMSE.
Frightening.
Another Loss on 23:17 - Nov 21 with 2237 viewsDaleiLama

Another Loss on 22:41 - Nov 21 by nordenblue

You won't get any answers for who to replace him with,just the same idiots talking bollox after any given defeat

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Another Loss on 23:32 - Nov 21 with 2191 viewsDiddyDave

Another Loss on 23:12 - Nov 21 by soulboy

Depends on your meaning of the word decent. Here a few names who have all until recently been involved with league 1 clubs and probably would be in the same salary bracket as KH. In no particular order, John Sheridan, Lee Clark, Graham Barrow, Gary Caldwell, Martin Allen and of course FRMSE.
Frightening.

Keith Hill lives and breathes Rochdale Football Club,so all those clowns you mention,it would just be a job to them. Football is all ups and downs,ok,it`s tough at the moment,but he will sort it out as he always has. The board gave him a five year deal,so maybe what he`s trying to do is have the club in a better position when that five years is up. From the little I`ve seen this year of Championship 1 teams,there`s not a lot of good sides out there,so survival shouldn`t be too hard to achieve. Rochdale supporters know only too well of the decades of dross they`ve had to cop,so keep the faith,KH will sort it.
Another Loss on 23:37 - Nov 21 with 2160 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 23:12 - Nov 21 by soulboy

Frightening.

I wouldn't have any of those , and I don't know how much we pay Keith hill, or whether it is par for the course for league one.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Another Loss on 23:42 - Nov 21 with 2135 viewssoulboy

Another Loss on 23:37 - Nov 21 by rochdaleriddler

I wouldn't have any of those , and I don't know how much we pay Keith hill, or whether it is par for the course for league one.

I dont think any sane Dale supporter would have any of that lot, but who do you think would do a better job than KH if he were sacked?
Another Loss on 23:47 - Nov 21 with 2123 viewsdingdangblue

Another Loss on 23:37 - Nov 21 by rochdaleriddler

Well he's got a 5 year contract so I'd guess it'd cost a minimum 500k for us to sack him - which isn't going to happen. Then pay for a new manager - then pay for new players in Jan? Great idea.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Another Loss on 00:00 - Nov 22 with 2090 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 23:47 - Nov 21 by dingdangblue

Well he's got a 5 year contract so I'd guess it'd cost a minimum 500k for us to sack him - which isn't going to happen. Then pay for a new manager - then pay for new players in Jan? Great idea.

Not my idea

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Another Loss on 00:02 - Nov 22 with 2079 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 23:42 - Nov 21 by soulboy

I dont think any sane Dale supporter would have any of that lot, but who do you think would do a better job than KH if he were sacked?

I don't know! I just know that there will be plenty of choice around, if we were to ever part company. I don't want to change manager btw

Login to get fewer ads

Another Loss on 00:11 - Nov 22 with 2071 viewsrochdale_ranger

Another Loss on 23:32 - Nov 21 by DiddyDave

Keith Hill lives and breathes Rochdale Football Club,so all those clowns you mention,it would just be a job to them. Football is all ups and downs,ok,it`s tough at the moment,but he will sort it out as he always has. The board gave him a five year deal,so maybe what he`s trying to do is have the club in a better position when that five years is up. From the little I`ve seen this year of Championship 1 teams,there`s not a lot of good sides out there,so survival shouldn`t be too hard to achieve. Rochdale supporters know only too well of the decades of dross they`ve had to cop,so keep the faith,KH will sort it.

As much as I like Hill on a personal level and respect him as a manager thinking like that is a big mistake. He just as soon as went to Barnsley when the bigger job in the championship came up, no matter who is in charge ultimately they are here to further their own brand and feather their own nest. It is a job at the end of the day.
Another Loss on 07:06 - Nov 22 with 1923 viewsaleanddale

The riddler is a bit of a WUM.

regrettably he / she ( I think a he ) is also a WUSS with absolute no stomach for a difficult battle ahead.

Thankfully Hilly and the players are made of sterner stuff!!

4 will go down come May. Dale may or may not be one of the 4.

If we are then we go again in lg2. Hilly still would retain my support should this happen.

There is a lot of football to be played between now and May so lets get behind the lads starting on Saturday! Up the Dale!!
Another Loss on 07:18 - Nov 22 with 1904 viewsTVOS1907

Another Loss on 23:32 - Nov 21 by DiddyDave

I don’t think soulboy was actually suggesting those names as potential managers...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Another Loss on 08:10 - Nov 22 with 1821 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 07:06 - Nov 22 by aleanddale

The riddler is a bit of a WUM.

regrettably he / she ( I think a he ) is also a WUSS with absolute no stomach for a difficult battle ahead.

Thankfully Hilly and the players are made of sterner stuff!!

4 will go down come May. Dale may or may not be one of the 4.

If we are then we go again in lg2. Hilly still would retain my support should this happen.

There is a lot of football to be played between now and May so lets get behind the lads starting on Saturday! Up the Dale!!

Not sure why you accusing me of being a wum, or indeed a wuss, I will be there every home and many away games, whatever happens . If the team is putting in the effort, that will do me. This is the forum, and people can post what they like. I'm all man by the way, an old fat one

Another Loss on 08:23 - Nov 22 with 1808 views1907

Back to the drawing board and back to basics for me.

We’re persisted with the same formation all season which has seen us perform worse and worse. We’re trying to play the same style which was so effective at times last season, without having the quality of players to do so.

The way we concede goals is abysmal and has been for a couple of years now. The way Inman watched his man glide past and head home on Saturday was one in a long, long lost that I’ve witnessed.

We are completely incapable of taking any sort of attacking set piece. We rarely get a corner past the first man for example.

We now pass the ball like an amateurish team, on Saturday the amount of five yard passes that went straight into touch was mind blowing.

This is without doubt Hill’s biggest ever test as Dale manager but due to his contract length he is undoubtedly safe and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their heads a wobble.

We need to limp through December and try and pick up a few wins, get to January and we desperately need to add some quality to the squad and ship out the deadwood.
Another Loss on 08:38 - Nov 22 with 1770 viewsaleanddale

Another Loss on 08:10 - Nov 22 by rochdaleriddler

Not sure why you accusing me of being a wum, or indeed a wuss, I will be there every home and many away games, whatever happens . If the team is putting in the effort, that will do me. This is the forum, and people can post what they like. I'm all man by the way, an old fat one

Your certainly confrontational but that's fine...

WUM because you seem to enjoy the wind up ( also fine )

WUSS because you don't appear to be ready for the challenge ahead. Enjoy it for what it is a relegation battle ( currently ) because as a club we have never been healthier.

If your older and fatter than most ( same here ) then you must have forgot the truly terrible football of times pre Parkin era?

We might go down - but lets go down supporting and united!.
Another Loss on 08:52 - Nov 22 with 1732 viewsrochdaleriddler

Another Loss on 08:38 - Nov 22 by aleanddale

Your certainly confrontational but that's fine...

WUM because you seem to enjoy the wind up ( also fine )

WUSS because you don't appear to be ready for the challenge ahead. Enjoy it for what it is a relegation battle ( currently ) because as a club we have never been healthier.

If your older and fatter than most ( same here ) then you must have forgot the truly terrible football of times pre Parkin era?

We might go down - but lets go down supporting and united!.

I remember the dreadful football from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Recent years have been mostly great, I support the team, I cheer them into the pitch , and during the game . I have pre during and post match drinks at the club. I have a season ticket , I may moan on here, tbf the football quality this season has been mostly dire, but I do support the club and will do whatever league we are in, whoever the manager is. I think we will win on Saturday , gutted to be missing it as I'm on holiday. Up the dale

Another Loss on 09:25 - Nov 22 with 1684 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Another Loss on 22:37 - Nov 21 by paulscho

Shocking talk of replacing KH......loyalties not much of that from some people...

Totally agree - its pat-tet-tic :-)

We need a transfer window where we recruit rather than sell our best players.

The club is on a sound financial footing, so for once the board need to invest in the team and not save for a rainy day.

We need some 'men' in the squad to help our future stars, a James Hanson, Peter Clarke and hopefully Keith Keane back would see us out of this slump.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Another Loss on 09:27 - Nov 22 with 1684 viewsdingdangblue

Another Loss on 08:23 - Nov 22 by 1907

Back to the drawing board and back to basics for me.

We’re persisted with the same formation all season which has seen us perform worse and worse. We’re trying to play the same style which was so effective at times last season, without having the quality of players to do so.

The way we concede goals is abysmal and has been for a couple of years now. The way Inman watched his man glide past and head home on Saturday was one in a long, long lost that I’ve witnessed.

We are completely incapable of taking any sort of attacking set piece. We rarely get a corner past the first man for example.

We now pass the ball like an amateurish team, on Saturday the amount of five yard passes that went straight into touch was mind blowing.

This is without doubt Hill’s biggest ever test as Dale manager but due to his contract length he is undoubtedly safe and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to give their heads a wobble.

We need to limp through December and try and pick up a few wins, get to January and we desperately need to add some quality to the squad and ship out the deadwood.

Are we getting worse and worse? Sounds like we played ok last night and the winner was a mistake by Lillis (these things happen). Obviously the Oldham performance didn't sound great but we've been to Oldham when we've been going for the play offs in the past and put on a dire performance. Before that we were 6 unbeaten with the loss before that being Rotherham 0-1. We aren't getting hammered by 3 and 4 every week and I still think our home form will see us out of this tricky period. In Hill we trust.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Another Loss on 09:44 - Nov 22 with 1648 viewsaleanddale

Another Loss on 08:52 - Nov 22 by rochdaleriddler

I remember the dreadful football from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Recent years have been mostly great, I support the team, I cheer them into the pitch , and during the game . I have pre during and post match drinks at the club. I have a season ticket , I may moan on here, tbf the football quality this season has been mostly dire, but I do support the club and will do whatever league we are in, whoever the manager is. I think we will win on Saturday , gutted to be missing it as I'm on holiday. Up the dale

Agreed!!

Up the Dale!!!!!!

roll on Saturday - big chance to get some confidence back.
Another Loss on 10:12 - Nov 22 with 1603 viewsParkinsGimp

Another Loss on 21:57 - Nov 21 by regjenkins

Well its going to be January before the window opens, so they have no choice but to play the players ee have at our club.

You mean play the players that KH brought to the club.
Another Loss on 10:20 - Nov 22 with 1590 viewsmexmike

Personally It looks as though we may go down but I know i'd rather have Hilly in charge to rebuild and try and bring us back up.
He's worked miracles here, bringing players through and getting some good money for them, it was only going to be a matter of time the conveyor belt stopped for a time.

If we do go down then lets hope its a rebuilding project and we can get back the winning mentality we sadly lack right now.

As others have stated, he doesnt seem to know his best 11 right now and we did lose our best players in summer and you cant just go out and replace them easily, hence the gamble on Williams from Barrow being the next big thing, who knows he may turn out to be.
Another Loss on 11:18 - Nov 22 with 1511 viewsDaleFan7

Another Loss on 10:20 - Nov 22 by mexmike

Personally It looks as though we may go down but I know i'd rather have Hilly in charge to rebuild and try and bring us back up.
He's worked miracles here, bringing players through and getting some good money for them, it was only going to be a matter of time the conveyor belt stopped for a time.

If we do go down then lets hope its a rebuilding project and we can get back the winning mentality we sadly lack right now.

As others have stated, he doesnt seem to know his best 11 right now and we did lose our best players in summer and you cant just go out and replace them easily, hence the gamble on Williams from Barrow being the next big thing, who knows he may turn out to be.

We've played 24 competitive games this season, he should know his best XI by now. Whether people want Hill gone or not (I don't) he's staying wherever we finish this season, so it's an irrelevant argument.

I feel the team and tactics need a shake up. Whether that happens, who knows? We need to start creating a lot more chances and converting more than we have. 1 goal per game will see us relegated imo.

Whether the answer is recruitment or mixing the team up is something that Keith needs to figure out with his coaching staff, let's hope they do.
Another Loss on 12:10 - Nov 22 with 1456 viewssoulboy

Another Loss on 07:18 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

I don’t think soulboy was actually suggesting those names as potential managers...

God forbid I wasn't! Just a few names of managers who have recently been at league 1 clubs until they got fired. KH is head and shoulders above the lot of them.
As the dust is settling after the 2 away defeats, let's hope all this cr*p about sacking KH is replaced by everybody getting fully behind him and shouting the lads on to 3 points on Saturday.
Another Loss on 12:15 - Nov 22 with 1444 viewsTVOS1907

Another Loss on 12:10 - Nov 22 by soulboy

God forbid I wasn't! Just a few names of managers who have recently been at league 1 clubs until they got fired. KH is head and shoulders above the lot of them.
As the dust is settling after the 2 away defeats, let's hope all this cr*p about sacking KH is replaced by everybody getting fully behind him and shouting the lads on to 3 points on Saturday.

Absolutely, but I think your post whooshed one or two people.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Another Loss on 12:15 - Nov 22 with 1444 viewsScunnydale

Taken in isolation, a 2-1 away defeat to Charlton isn't a terrible result. However, lumped in with the past results, it looks a lot worse.

I don't think anyone connected to the club — from the fans, to the players, to the board — is happy with the current situation. Things definitely need to change if we are to stay in League One, but one thing that doesn't need to change (in my opinion) is the management.

I may be showing too much blind faith, but there isn't anyone I'd prefer to have in charge next season than Keith Hill. Whether that's because he has shown great guts and ability in getting us out of this predicament we are in, or whether that's because he's already shown (twice) he has the ability to get us out of League Two.
Another Loss on 12:17 - Nov 22 with 1433 viewspearlstreet1

Another Loss on 11:18 - Nov 22 by DaleFan7

We've played 24 competitive games this season, he should know his best XI by now. Whether people want Hill gone or not (I don't) he's staying wherever we finish this season, so it's an irrelevant argument.

I feel the team and tactics need a shake up. Whether that happens, who knows? We need to start creating a lot more chances and converting more than we have. 1 goal per game will see us relegated imo.

Whether the answer is recruitment or mixing the team up is something that Keith needs to figure out with his coaching staff, let's hope they do.

Very bold statement that Keith Hill we be here to the end of the season do you know something we dont ?
What happens if we get beat against Peterborough then beat again in the FA Cup does he still have a job until the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024