Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On-line ticketing live at 9am today 09:43 - Apr 20 with 4904 viewsDaleiLama

Anyone used it yet and is there a surcharge?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:10 - Apr 20 with 3698 viewsfermin

There is a £2.50 booking fee for a season ticket and £1 for a normal ticket. £51.75 of the cost of my season ticket (Pearl Street) seems to be VAT, which I had never really thought about before.

Only odd thing was that after entering my credit card details it did not come up with the usual security verification that I normally have to enter, so I hope it is OK. Email receipt came through immediately.

Hopefully I can pick up the ticket at the game tomorrow.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:16 - Apr 20 with 3681 viewsSuddenLad

I'm amazed that they have allowed you to use a credit card for the purchase of a season ticket. Usually, it is cash and/or debit card only. (Except the vouchers purchased in advance).

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:18 - Apr 20 with 3681 viewsdingdangblue

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:10 - Apr 20 by fermin

There is a £2.50 booking fee for a season ticket and £1 for a normal ticket. £51.75 of the cost of my season ticket (Pearl Street) seems to be VAT, which I had never really thought about before.

Only odd thing was that after entering my credit card details it did not come up with the usual security verification that I normally have to enter, so I hope it is OK. Email receipt came through immediately.

Hopefully I can pick up the ticket at the game tomorrow.

£2.50 booking fee for season tickets. £1 booking fee for match ticket. Wonder if the club will explain this 2 different charges?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:31 - Apr 20 with 3634 viewsTalkingSutty

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:18 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

£2.50 booking fee for season tickets. £1 booking fee for match ticket. Wonder if the club will explain this 2 different charges?

I was thinking the same. One pound booking fee for match tickets( I assume that isn't per ticket?) is ok though.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:51 - Apr 20 with 3576 viewsSuddenLad

Those are the maximum permitted charges for purchases made by credit/debit cards.

The recent Consumer Credit Act prevents extortionate charges for card purchases. From memory, the 'advisory' charges were 50p per transaction for debit cards and £2 for credit cards, (up to a maximum of 2.5% of the total transaction cost) but the charges imposed by the club are in line with what is 'acceptable'.

Credit card purchases always attract a higher charge than debit cards, because the banks charge more for those transactions.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:56 - Apr 20 with 3559 viewsColDale

I was under the impression credit card payments weren't allowed for season tickets.

The fees seem more than reasonable when compared to fees for telephone bookings, and the fees charged when using ticketing websites for concerts etc.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:56 - Apr 20 with 3559 viewsdingdangblue

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:51 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

Those are the maximum permitted charges for purchases made by credit/debit cards.

The recent Consumer Credit Act prevents extortionate charges for card purchases. From memory, the 'advisory' charges were 50p per transaction for debit cards and £2 for credit cards, (up to a maximum of 2.5% of the total transaction cost) but the charges imposed by the club are in line with what is 'acceptable'.

Credit card purchases always attract a higher charge than debit cards, because the banks charge more for those transactions.

So do we think it is £2.50 booking fee for credit cards? £1 booking fee for debit cards then? Or is it £2.50 for a season ticket? Have the club explained any booking fees or just left people to find out as they try and book online?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:59 - Apr 20 with 3550 viewsfermin

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 10:16 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

I'm amazed that they have allowed you to use a credit card for the purchase of a season ticket. Usually, it is cash and/or debit card only. (Except the vouchers purchased in advance).

Didn't think about that, but it seems to have worked. The £25 off voucher in my current season ticket was included in the price I had to pay so that has been built in.

I have been experimenting and it does not seem to want to allow me to buy another season ticket (not that I want to). Perhaps something to do with the special offer period or the fact I have used my voucher. Something they need to sort out as I imagine there may be existing season ticket holders who might want to buy one for someone new.

In answer to a later query the booking fee seems to be £1 per normal match ticket. The booking fee comes up before it knows how you are going to pay so I do not think it is anything to do with credit or debit card.

For match tickets If you pick a particular seat it is still unreserved seating. Presumably they can change this when necessary (eg the Stoke game).

Overall it seems quite straightforward but no doubt there will be teething problems.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 11:03]
Login to get fewer ads

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 11:05 - Apr 20 with 3531 viewsdingdangblue

Just read terms and conditions and no mention of booking fees. They really should be explained on the terms and conditions page I think.

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 11:08 - Apr 20 with 3514 viewstazzydjr

Looks quality easier to use than so the bigger clubs Online Ticketing Systems will be even more Quality once the Online Store is in place aswell

Well Done Rochdale

UP THE DALE

TEAM ROCHDALE

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 11:34 - Apr 20 with 3455 viewssandylaner1

no E ticket option to print at home?
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 12:29 - Apr 20 with 3337 viewswindowsbug

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 11:34 - Apr 20 by sandylaner1

no E ticket option to print at home?

Cos you need a barcode scanner for that.
Anyone with a decent printer could otherwise print a ticket.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 12:36 - Apr 20 with 3303 viewsfunkkk

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 12:29 - Apr 20 by windowsbug

Cos you need a barcode scanner for that.
Anyone with a decent printer could otherwise print a ticket.

Plenty of dirt cheap bar code scanning software out there.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 16:07 - Apr 20 with 3094 viewsFrog

Do you have to collect a match ticket?
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 16:49 - Apr 20 with 3044 views1mark1

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 16:07 - Apr 20 by Frog

Do you have to collect a match ticket?

If a match is taking place a few days away they will post tickets for an extra £1 if you wish the ticket to be posted, otherwise you pick up at ticket office. For Tuesday's game, you would have to pick up, but for MK Dons either pick up yourself, or pay the £1 and they will deliver.

I have registered for it, just in case in future I might want to buy tickets up front, and it looks pretty good to me. Good that they have finally joined the 21st century.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 16:52 - Apr 20 with 3032 viewswindowsbug

Ok
Tried to renew season ticket, the site wouldn't recognise my client number, (which number is it?)
So I registered, no problem there. Went to renew ticket.... bloody flash player upgrade required. No good to me as Adobe stopped supporting my android version galaxy tab/note.
So if you dont have access to a pc this online ticketing service is no good.
I dont have or want a pc by the way.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 16:57 - Apr 20 with 3018 viewsHK_Dale

I have also registered, giving the club enough information to create a profile of sorts. Key next step is how this information will be used to segment and market to the Dale fan base. If you can link this to info to social media presence you can really understand what promotions and offers have the widest reach.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 17:05 - Apr 20 with 2991 viewsfermin

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 16:52 - Apr 20 by windowsbug

Ok
Tried to renew season ticket, the site wouldn't recognise my client number, (which number is it?)
So I registered, no problem there. Went to renew ticket.... bloody flash player upgrade required. No good to me as Adobe stopped supporting my android version galaxy tab/note.
So if you dont have access to a pc this online ticketing service is no good.
I dont have or want a pc by the way.

The client number is the number to the left of your name on the 'ticket' inserted into the front inside cover of the season ticket book. Mine was three digits but yours may be different.

Can't help with the techy questions.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 17:35 - Apr 20 with 2937 viewswindowsbug

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 17:05 - Apr 20 by fermin

The client number is the number to the left of your name on the 'ticket' inserted into the front inside cover of the season ticket book. Mine was three digits but yours may be different.

Can't help with the techy questions.

Tried that.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 19:42 - Apr 20 with 2830 views442Dale

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 17:35 - Apr 20 by windowsbug

Tried that.

There are contact details on the OS, they should be able to help.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/-important-info-ahead-of-online-ticket

Great news that the system is launched. It'll be interesting to see what results it has going forward.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 20:03 - Apr 20 with 2795 viewsBobbyjoe

Sorry to carp (my forte, I know!), but if you can't print off your ticket, what has been gained?
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 20:33 - Apr 20 with 2744 viewssandylaner1

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 20:03 - Apr 20 by Bobbyjoe

Sorry to carp (my forte, I know!), but if you can't print off your ticket, what has been gained?

why would you spend 4-5 minutes buying a ticket online to then have to spend another 5 minutes in the queue at the ticket office to pick it up

the service will only be of benefit to us with e-tickets

*** online ticketing is still a very good move from the club and i'm pleased they have it up and running now but its effectiveness is stifled until they get a barcode reader
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 21:24 - Apr 20 with 2684 viewsKenBoon

I didn't know other places still did print at home tickets.
The system looks good, but to work they need to get family tickets on there. Get specials offers on too.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 21:56 - Apr 20 with 2633 viewsColDale

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 20:33 - Apr 20 by sandylaner1

why would you spend 4-5 minutes buying a ticket online to then have to spend another 5 minutes in the queue at the ticket office to pick it up

the service will only be of benefit to us with e-tickets

*** online ticketing is still a very good move from the club and i'm pleased they have it up and running now but its effectiveness is stifled until they get a barcode reader

The advantage is that it cuts out the need to visit Spotland ahead of all
Ticket games, of which we may have three or four next season. E-readers will be a great next step and maybe something for the season after.
On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 22:34 - Apr 20 with 2560 viewssandylaner1

On-line ticketing live at 9am today on 21:56 - Apr 20 by ColDale

The advantage is that it cuts out the need to visit Spotland ahead of all
Ticket games, of which we may have three or four next season. E-readers will be a great next step and maybe something for the season after.

Yeah definitely, I see that

Hopefully we'll have a lot of all ticket games next season then so uptake on the online ticketing is strong
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024