Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy Butler 14:00 - May 22 with 3145 viewsRochdale_Matt

Possible target?

May be wrong but seem to remember him having a trial with us before signing for Walsall?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27521526
Andy Butler on 14:35 - May 22 with 3063 viewsisitme

With the signing of McGinty I feel centre half is a position in which we are well served and I am not sure that Butler would be significantly better than what we have currently.
Andy Butler on 14:51 - May 22 with 3014 viewsrichfoad32

I would have him here like a shot if possible. Still only 30 and I've always been impressed with him whenever we've played the Saddlers. He offers far more experience at League 1 level than any of our current centre halves and a Walsall fan I work with is gutted he's leaving.

If he's leaving Walsall because he's unhappy with the terms they've offered though I don't possibly see how we could offer him anything better unfortunately.
Andy Butler on 14:55 - May 22 with 2997 viewsBrierls

He trained with us for a while after leaving Huddersfield and was expected to sign (from what I heard). I don't know what happened, but he ended up joining Walsall and did very well for them.

I wouldn't be disappointed to see him sign, he's a good player with plenty of experience in League One. No such thing as too many leaders in the dressing room, especially after losing Cav. If he did sign I think we can defo put to bed any hope of getting O'Connell back on loan, we've already got Lancashire, Eastham & McGinty (and Bennett & O'Connor at a push) contracted for next season.

I do think we will sign another centre half.
Andy Butler on 18:25 - May 22 with 2711 viewsAtThePeake

Would definitely take him at Dale. Was gutted when we didn't sign him last time round and I've been proven right by his time at Walsall. Very capable CB.

Tangled up in blue.

Andy Butler on 18:38 - May 22 with 2690 viewsSaxonDale

Would love him but think he may be a bit out of our reach sadly.

Edit- Sheff Utd are favourites

http://www.walsalladvertiser.co.uk/Sheffield-United-tracking-Walsall-skipper/sto
[Post edited 22 May 2014 18:41]
Andy Butler on 18:38 - May 22 with 2689 viewsValleySaddler

From what i have being told by mates who watch Walsall,Butler is after a big payday ..
Andy Butler on 19:30 - May 22 with 2607 viewsSuddenLad

Andy Butler on 18:38 - May 22 by ValleySaddler

From what i have being told by mates who watch Walsall,Butler is after a big payday ..

We've had enough of the mercenaries down the years. Let someone else pander to his requests.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Andy Butler on 19:31 - May 22 with 2605 viewsBrierls

Andy Butler on 18:38 - May 22 by SaxonDale

Would love him but think he may be a bit out of our reach sadly.

Edit- Sheff Utd are favourites

http://www.walsalladvertiser.co.uk/Sheffield-United-tracking-Walsall-skipper/sto
[Post edited 22 May 2014 18:41]

Clucking bell. I didn't expect that.
Login to get fewer ads

Andy Butler on 05:46 - May 23 with 2363 viewselectricblue

Possible bury target......!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024