Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY 14:49 - May 23 with 16180 viewscarrotcrunch_R

For extreme Crimes like those 2 insane nutters that brutally murdered an innocent British soldiers and that scum Ian Huntley be free too add to this list who you think deserves to be terminated or do you disagree and think they deserve to live and be pampered by the state . Over to you lfw posters you are now the jury.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 17:29 - May 23 with 1545 viewsAgedR

If anyone can truly and honestly say they trust the state in any country, that must be your starting point.

If you do, good luck to you.

But, if you don't, how can you sanction it to carry out state murder, because, however we like to justify it, that is what the death penalty is.

One thing that all non developed, uncivilised and extreme ideologies share is their base reasoning of an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. This was the motivation of the murderous extremists yesterday.

Surely, the stare sponsored atrocity that we have witnessed and continue to witness teaches us something?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 17:47 - May 23 with 1530 viewsamhoop

they would simply turn into 'martyrs'.

"To take a life when a life has been lost is revenge, not justice"
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:12 - May 23 with 1512 viewsTheBlob

Use them for experimental drugs and medical procedures.Rather them than animals.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:20 - May 23 with 1505 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:12 - May 23 by TheBlob

Use them for experimental drugs and medical procedures.Rather them than animals.

I like that suggestion blob .
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:39 - May 23 with 1497 viewsderbyhoop

Not for me.

1) Death penalty is not a deterrent
2) The prospect of a death penalty is more likely to introduce more doubt into a jury
3) If killing is so heinous, why is it OK for the state to do it?
4) If we decide that the death penalty is suitable for some crimes, how do you decide which ones
5) 2 nutters kill so they can be martyred. The best punishment is not to martyr them but lock them up for the rest of their life. I'm sure fellow inmates will find other ways of dishing out punishments.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:48 - May 23 with 1489 viewscheeseydane

What peeeesees me off, is we are too soft on crime.
The guilty party derserves to suffer the same as his victim(s) before death. None of his quick jab business.

Would a potential arsonist think twice before commiting his crime, knowing he would be burnt to death if caught?

I think yes.

Totally barbaric and medieval i know, but i reckon it would work.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:53 - May 23 with 1480 viewsWanderR

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:48 - May 23 by cheeseydane

What peeeesees me off, is we are too soft on crime.
The guilty party derserves to suffer the same as his victim(s) before death. None of his quick jab business.

Would a potential arsonist think twice before commiting his crime, knowing he would be burnt to death if caught?

I think yes.

Totally barbaric and medieval i know, but i reckon it would work.

I think those two murderers would be over the moon if that happened. In Islam, it's called 'Qisas' and it's a central tenet of Sharia law as practised in places like Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Current location: OX10

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:54 - May 23 with 1479 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:54 - May 23 by KernowRanger

What about people wrongly imprisoned like the Guildford Four and Maguire Seven who were only found to have been wrongly convicted about 15 years after, despite it initially having looked clear cut. There's always the potential for mistakes.

What about the Renault 5. Surely that should be considered?
Login to get fewer ads

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 19:02 - May 23 with 1472 viewsbaz_qpr

The irony is "eye for an eye" is exactly what these sick bastards quoted. Never been able to get my head around the hypocrisy of murdering someone for murdering someone.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 19:03 - May 23 with 1470 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:39 - May 23 by derbyhoop

Not for me.

1) Death penalty is not a deterrent
2) The prospect of a death penalty is more likely to introduce more doubt into a jury
3) If killing is so heinous, why is it OK for the state to do it?
4) If we decide that the death penalty is suitable for some crimes, how do you decide which ones
5) 2 nutters kill so they can be martyred. The best punishment is not to martyr them but lock them up for the rest of their life. I'm sure fellow inmates will find other ways of dishing out punishments.

Not for me.

1) Death penalty is not a deterrent - yes it is
2) The prospect of a death penalty is more likely to introduce more doubt into a jury - no it won't
3) If killing is so heinous, why is it OK for the state to do it? - to right the wronged
4) If we decide that the death penalty is suitable for some crimes, how do you decide which ones - easy the extreme ones like this 100 per cent proof
5) 2 nutters kill so they can be martyred. The best punishment is not to martyr them but lock them up for the rest of their life. I'm sure fellow inmates will find other ways of dishing out punishments. -
Not to popular belief they will be only martyrs too the extreme few not to the masses like everyone thinks most Muslims would probably say that they are cowards and have tarnished there religion . If others decide to go down this route it has then already been shown it will not be tolerated.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 19:10 - May 23 with 1462 viewscheeseydane

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:53 - May 23 by WanderR

I think those two murderers would be over the moon if that happened. In Islam, it's called 'Qisas' and it's a central tenet of Sharia law as practised in places like Saudi Arabia and Iran.

I dont buy that.

Anyone, extreme terrioists, happygolucky burglars, rapists whatever know the system in the western world and are happy to take advantage knowing the worst that can happen is they get fed for the next 10 years plus, probaly a chance of learning, and even meals suited to their particular religion/taste. Many of there's live standard is sometimes so bad, they probaly welcome it.

Justice sucks in the 21st century. Im just waiting for Buck Rogers coz he dont fk around.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 19:48 - May 23 with 1444 viewsDylanP

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:25 - May 23 by wombat

how is it impossible to change rules with the justice system its done all the time we new penaltys being introduced for crimes

its simple all terrorist acts succesfull or not death penalty 5 years to appeal then a needle in the arm

Child murders once again 5 years in jail to allow for any appeals then needle in the arm.

ways of proving guilt and innocence are improving every year wrongful imprisonments etc are rare these days.

wont stop terrorists your right there but why should we pay god knows who much to keep them in jail for the rest of there lives and allow them probably to infect others who might one day be allowed out to do the same thing

I didn't say it was impossible to change the rules. I said it was impossible to craft a rule (law) that did what he wanted done. Because life is never as simple as black and white.

1. You can't have a time-limit on appeals. What happens if the appeals aren't finished after 5 years? Are you changing the rules halfway through the process? What if new evidence comes to light 4 years and 11 months after conviction? Are you going to execute someone because there isn't enough time to organize a re-trial? If you have a time-limit on appeals, you end up with uneven justice, which is no justice at all.

2. If you create a law that says that if you are obviously guilty (plead guilty) then you can get the death penalty, then it also means, if you plead not-guilty you can't get the death penalty. Hence everyone pleads not guilty. And you have just created a self-defeating law.

3. You cannot create laws according to one-in-a-lifetime occurances. You have to create laws that can be used constantly. Nothing like this has ever happened before, and probably won't again in our lifetimes. Yes, this time the person was videoed covered in blood with the body at their feet, but next time the law is needed it won't be so clean cut. What is the point in creating a law that can only be used for an event that has already happened.

3. Only people who have no idea what prison is can think people are pampered in prison. Yes, minimum security prisons aren't so bad, but murderers don't go to minimum security prison. They go to maximum security prisons that are nasty-as-fck. 50 years in living hell is hardly pampered.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 20:30 - May 23 with 1416 viewsderbyhoop

1) Death penalty is not a deterrent - yes it is . TNumerous studies going back to when we had capital punishment show that there is no evidence that punishment acts as a deterrent.
2) The prospect of a death penalty is more likely to introduce more doubt into a jury - no it won't. I for one would want a stronger burden of proof if I knew the resulting sentence after a guilty verdict was execution.
3) If killing is so heinous, why is it OK for the state to do it? - to right the wronged . What's being righted? It's revenge pure and simple.
4) If we decide that the death penalty is suitable for some crimes, how do you decide which ones - easy the extreme ones like this 100 per cent proof. What is 100% proof. Is that more than beyond all reasonable doubt?
5) 2 nutters kill so they can be martyred. The best punishment is not to martyr them but lock them up for the rest of their life. I'm sure fellow inmates will find other ways of dishing out punishments. -
Not to popular belief they will be only martyrs too the extreme few not to the masses like everyone thinks most Muslims would probably say that they are cowards and have tarnished there religion . If others decide to go down this route it has then already been shown it will not be tolerated. However much the majority of the Muslim community abhor such crimes, there will be a few (thankfully very few) who will see it as justice.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 20:54 - May 23 with 1400 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 20:30 - May 23 by derbyhoop

1) Death penalty is not a deterrent - yes it is . TNumerous studies going back to when we had capital punishment show that there is no evidence that punishment acts as a deterrent.
2) The prospect of a death penalty is more likely to introduce more doubt into a jury - no it won't. I for one would want a stronger burden of proof if I knew the resulting sentence after a guilty verdict was execution.
3) If killing is so heinous, why is it OK for the state to do it? - to right the wronged . What's being righted? It's revenge pure and simple.
4) If we decide that the death penalty is suitable for some crimes, how do you decide which ones - easy the extreme ones like this 100 per cent proof. What is 100% proof. Is that more than beyond all reasonable doubt?
Not to popular belief they will be only martyrs too the extreme few not to the masses like everyone thinks most Muslims would probably say that they are cowards and have tarnished there religion . If others decide to go down this route it has then already been shown it will not be tolerated. However much the majority of the Muslim community abhor such crimes, there will be a few (thankfully very few) who will see it as justice.

1) Death penalty is not a deterrent - yes it is . TNumerous studies going back to when we had capital punishment show that there is no evidence that punishment acts as a deterrent. There is no evidence to suggest either way because there is no way of proving it but to me it makes no difference they choose to do what they done so deserve to condemned to death as far as I am concerned.
2) The prospect of a death penalty is more likely to introduce more doubt into a jury - no it won't. I for one would want a stronger burden of proof if I knew the resulting sentence after a guilty verdict was execution. I think there is enough technology around today to give us the concrete evidence needed
3) If killing is so heinous, why is it OK for the state to do it? - to right the wronged . What's being righted? It's revenge pure and simple. For who? The guy s family maybe and understandably so but for me it is about justice and showing a hard line to these crimes will not be tolerated
4) If we decide that the death penalty is suitable for some crimes, how do you decide which ones - easy the extreme ones like this 100 per cent proof. What is 100% proof. Is that more than beyond all reasonable doubt? Bloody hell it's on t.v blood on his hands with a carving knife ranting
Keeping them alive is an injustice and an insult to the family of the bereaved argue against that
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 20:59 - May 23 with 1398 viewseasthertsr

If the death penalty is such a great deterrent why do people still commit murders in countries that still have it? In fact, in many american states that have it, they have terrifying numbers of murders.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:02 - May 23 with 1392 viewsBedford_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 20:59 - May 23 by easthertsr

If the death penalty is such a great deterrent why do people still commit murders in countries that still have it? In fact, in many american states that have it, they have terrifying numbers of murders.

Because it is only a deterrent for people who would not commit murder anyway - no deterrent at all. Those that do commit murder either want to be martyrs or think that they won't get caught or don't think at all..

RMH_R Reborn

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:05 - May 23 with 1390 viewskensalriser

Really? I thought there were no murders at all in the US states that have capital punishment. Have never been able to figure out why there are so many on death row - death penalty being such an effective deterrent.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:33 - May 23 with 1373 viewscarrotcrunch_R

And do you not think the numbers could be higher if the death sentence was not in place? The numbers went up in the uk after 1949 btw
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:36 - May 23 with 1367 viewsAgedR

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:33 - May 23 by carrotcrunch_R

And do you not think the numbers could be higher if the death sentence was not in place? The numbers went up in the uk after 1949 btw

With the extraordinary rise in the population, or in real terms?

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:41 - May 23 with 1360 viewsMonahoop

Precisely.

For monsters like those two and their ilk, they should be locked up for good, stripped of all their rights, denied visits, slop out with their tongues, endure listening to Coldplay piped into their cells 24/7 and forced to watch Anne Widdecombe striptease videos. By God they'll repent.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:48 - May 23 with 1352 viewsAgedR

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:41 - May 23 by Monahoop

Precisely.

For monsters like those two and their ilk, they should be locked up for good, stripped of all their rights, denied visits, slop out with their tongues, endure listening to Coldplay piped into their cells 24/7 and forced to watch Anne Widdecombe striptease videos. By God they'll repent.

"Coldplay piped in to their cells 24/7..."

Are you listening QPR, are you listening?

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 22:15 - May 23 with 1334 viewsted_hendrix

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 21:41 - May 23 by Monahoop

Precisely.

*forced to watch Anne Widdecombe striptease videos.*

Sounds good to me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 22:32 - May 23 with 1936 viewsTheBlob

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 18:54 - May 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

What about the Renault 5. Surely that should be considered?

Whoever designed that one deserves to die.Have you ever changed a clutch on one of them f*ckers?Always some poxy hidden bolt on the bell housing that some idiot thought would be amusing.And the odd left handed thread.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 22:38 - May 23 with 1934 viewshamptonhillhoop

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:32 - May 23 by QPunkR

I'd add people who don't have the first clue when to use "there", "their" and "they're"

+1
Their idiots
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 22:40 - May 23 with 1923 viewsloftboy

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 22:15 - May 23 by ted_hendrix

*forced to watch Anne Widdecombe striptease videos.*

Sounds good to me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024