Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY 14:49 - May 23 with 16179 viewscarrotcrunch_R

For extreme Crimes like those 2 insane nutters that brutally murdered an innocent British soldiers and that scum Ian Huntley be free too add to this list who you think deserves to be terminated or do you disagree and think they deserve to live and be pampered by the state . Over to you lfw posters you are now the jury.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:36 - May 23 with 1747 viewsxistens_pet

You cannot bring back something like the death penalty for "special cases". Having that kind of power removed is the sign of a progressive society. There are too many ways something like that can be taken advantage of. There is no bigger mixed message than punishing murder with murder.

Also, it implies that death is the worst outcome of all. Whatever your beliefs of the afterlife are I'd rather someone be kept alive to at least be given the chance to regret and suffer.

I don't know where this "prison is a holiday camp" stuff comes from either. No amount of supposed widescreen televisions or hot meals could make up for having your freedoms within a civilized society taken away.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:37 - May 23 with 1743 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This worked quite well back in the day.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:43 - May 23 with 1733 viewswombat

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:36 - May 23 by xistens_pet

You cannot bring back something like the death penalty for "special cases". Having that kind of power removed is the sign of a progressive society. There are too many ways something like that can be taken advantage of. There is no bigger mixed message than punishing murder with murder.

Also, it implies that death is the worst outcome of all. Whatever your beliefs of the afterlife are I'd rather someone be kept alive to at least be given the chance to regret and suffer.

I don't know where this "prison is a holiday camp" stuff comes from either. No amount of supposed widescreen televisions or hot meals could make up for having your freedoms within a civilized society taken away.

why is it a mixed message ?
why/ how will it be taken advantage of ?

things have moved on since britain had the death penalty mistakes shouldnt be made in future in these sorts of cases

you honestly thing the people involved in bombings and what happened yesterday would ever show any sort of regret !

and with these sort of people on the streets how can you says its a civilized society ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:46 - May 23 with 1729 viewsessextaxiboy

Really heartened by the responses on this thread. I have always been against the death penalty and have argued my points every where I have ever worked . The normal arguments are the cost and "what if it were your kids murdered " . We re a civilised society and as such we pay for our scum to keep our own standards and self respect and justice cant be replaced by revenge . After yesterday feeling are running high I understand.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:48 - May 23 with 1722 viewswombat

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:46 - May 23 by essextaxiboy

Really heartened by the responses on this thread. I have always been against the death penalty and have argued my points every where I have ever worked . The normal arguments are the cost and "what if it were your kids murdered " . We re a civilised society and as such we pay for our scum to keep our own standards and self respect and justice cant be replaced by revenge . After yesterday feeling are running high I understand.

essex my view on the death penalty has been like this for years im sorry to say way to much goes on these days where the punishment dosnt fit the crime im sorry to say , a more suitable deterent is needed

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:54 - May 23 with 1714 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:32 - May 23 by QPunkR

I'd add people who don't have the first clue when to use "there", "their" and "they're"

I think this post is aimed at me if it is I will apologise as writing/typing has never been one of my strong points although I don't get what it has to do with this thread.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:00 - May 23 with 1704 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:46 - May 23 by essextaxiboy

Essex to be fair I am really surprised at how many have come on here too disagree with the death penalty but Fair play to you all even though I strongly disagree .
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:00 - May 23 with 1703 viewsQPunkR

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:54 - May 23 by carrotcrunch_R

I think this post is aimed at me if it is I will apologise as writing/typing has never been one of my strong points although I don't get what it has to do with this thread.

What it has to do with this thread and all others encompassed in this excellent site is exactly what it says on the tin.

And no, it wasn't specifically aimed at you

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:07 - May 23 with 1694 viewsTGRRRSSS

Tempting as it is to suggest bringing back DP, and this kind of event, or more commonly sadly the recent murders committed by the likes of Stuart Hazell bring this discussion up.
I firmly believe that even if we did bring back DP (and I hope we don't) the likes of these people would get off on the mentally ill defence - point number one being, they butchered him to death in broad daylight then started asking people to take pictures of record messages on mobile phones.
You'd get some patsy case like Barry George who'd end up being executed though.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:07 - May 23 with 1694 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:00 - May 23 by QPunkR

What it has to do with this thread and all others encompassed in this excellent site is exactly what it says on the tin.

And no, it wasn't specifically aimed at you

Ha ha I carry a guilty conscience because I can't make sense of what I typed when reading it back at a later stage
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:07 - May 23 with 1694 viewsxistens_pet

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 15:43 - May 23 by wombat

why is it a mixed message ?
why/ how will it be taken advantage of ?

things have moved on since britain had the death penalty mistakes shouldnt be made in future in these sorts of cases

you honestly thing the people involved in bombings and what happened yesterday would ever show any sort of regret !

and with these sort of people on the streets how can you says its a civilized society ?

Its a mixed message because by condemning murder you saying that we as a society are above it, and then using it to your own ends. How can morally justify killing someone who has killed?

Allowing the state to legally kill someone could be taken advantage of by anyone in power. Surely there are enough shady things going on in the background with expenses and tax-cuts for people to see how simple it would be to get the red-tape untangled for someone in a position of power if a death sentence would work in the favour of a particular party, etc.

Forgive me, Mr Wombat, if I don't fully trust any of the recent government parties with the economy, NHS, or infrastructure to even think for a second they'd be able to maintain a faultless death sentence initiative.

I don't know if they'd show any regret. Ultimately, I and nobody else knows. Perhaps over time given the chance. Certainly not if they were killed though.

I can say it's a civilized society because of the reaction of this society at something of this nature. If this were shrugged off, then it wouldn't be a civilized society.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:11 - May 23 with 1686 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Resurrecting (!) the death penalty is one of those things that I can't fathom people could possibly support. I know there are people who think that way, but I just can't understand it.

Like supporting Chelsea. Or Weetabix with cold milk.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:15 - May 23 with 1674 viewscarrotcrunch_R

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Clive just keep it too the extreme cases with 100%/concrete evidence can't be that hard too maintain surely not?
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:16 - May 23 with 1540 viewsxistens_pet

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:11 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Resurrecting (!) the death penalty is one of those things that I can't fathom people could possibly support. I know there are people who think that way, but I just can't understand it.

How in a morally-progressive society can a human not take the time to warm their milk before pouring it over their Weetabix?

Do away with society and we'll return to our caves, weathered clubs in hand, huddled over a wheat biscuit smothered in stone-cold milk.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:20 - May 23 with 1532 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:11 - May 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Mention that too the parents of the soldier that has been brutally murdered
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:21 - May 23 with 1531 viewsTGRRRSSS

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:15 - May 23 by carrotcrunch_R

Clive just keep it too the extreme cases with 100%/concrete evidence can't be that hard too maintain surely not?

As Clive states once you allow the door to be opened....

Nowt wrong with cold milk on weetabix, don't eat it hardly ever myself though...
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:25 - May 23 with 1529 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:21 - May 23 by TGRRRSSS

As Clive states once you allow the door to be opened....

Nowt wrong with cold milk on weetabix, don't eat it hardly ever myself though...

Then it has to be controlled as it is still quite easy to shut the door again and I have sugar on my weetabix ;)
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:27 - May 23 with 1527 viewsxistens_pet

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:20 - May 23 by carrotcrunch_R

Mention that too the parents of the soldier that has been brutally murdered

Of course they would feel that way. Who wouldn't feel that way? That isn't the point though. You're talking about bringing the death penalty back as a society that has already condemned it, not as a knee-jerk reaction of the few.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:29 - May 23 with 1522 viewsessextaxiboy

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:16 - May 23 by xistens_pet

How in a morally-progressive society can a human not take the time to warm their milk before pouring it over their Weetabix?

Do away with society and we'll return to our caves, weathered clubs in hand, huddled over a wheat biscuit smothered in stone-cold milk.

I love this site . Debating something serious then it breaks into humour .
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:36 - May 23 with 1518 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:27 - May 23 by xistens_pet

Of course they would feel that way. Who wouldn't feel that way? That isn't the point though. You're talking about bringing the death penalty back as a society that has already condemned it, not as a knee-jerk reaction of the few.

Actually it is very much the point because if anyone had someone very close too them brutally murdered I would guarantee a majority of views/opinion on this subject would change in an instance . I want justice get rid so the parents of those murdered can move on.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:42 - May 23 with 1507 viewswombat

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:07 - May 23 by xistens_pet

Its a mixed message because by condemning murder you saying that we as a society are above it, and then using it to your own ends. How can morally justify killing someone who has killed?

Allowing the state to legally kill someone could be taken advantage of by anyone in power. Surely there are enough shady things going on in the background with expenses and tax-cuts for people to see how simple it would be to get the red-tape untangled for someone in a position of power if a death sentence would work in the favour of a particular party, etc.

Forgive me, Mr Wombat, if I don't fully trust any of the recent government parties with the economy, NHS, or infrastructure to even think for a second they'd be able to maintain a faultless death sentence initiative.

I don't know if they'd show any regret. Ultimately, I and nobody else knows. Perhaps over time given the chance. Certainly not if they were killed though.

I can say it's a civilized society because of the reaction of this society at something of this nature. If this were shrugged off, then it wouldn't be a civilized society.

agree about the present and in fact most uk goverments being effective in controlling this they feck up most things to be honest but these failings arent actually anything to do with bringing back a death penalty.

your argument of people in power dosnt wash sorry , I can imagine it now, lord executed due to putting false expense claims down.

morals dont come into the crime so why should it come in when the punishment is being handed out.

until something that resembles a punishment is put in place then more children and innocent people will be killed, while those people that do it will spend time in prison at our expense probably living a better life than the one they did outside. thats a great system dont you think ?

if found guilty five years for an appeal and fresh evidence etc to come to light if non is found then thats your lot simple as that.

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:50 - May 23 with 1495 viewscarrotcrunch_R

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:42 - May 23 by wombat

agree about the present and in fact most uk goverments being effective in controlling this they feck up most things to be honest but these failings arent actually anything to do with bringing back a death penalty.

your argument of people in power dosnt wash sorry , I can imagine it now, lord executed due to putting false expense claims down.

morals dont come into the crime so why should it come in when the punishment is being handed out.

until something that resembles a punishment is put in place then more children and innocent people will be killed, while those people that do it will spend time in prison at our expense probably living a better life than the one they did outside. thats a great system dont you think ?

if found guilty five years for an appeal and fresh evidence etc to come to light if non is found then thats your lot simple as that.

I am glad at least someone agrees with me good posts wombat
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 16:54 - May 23 with 1579 viewsKernowRanger

What about people wrongly imprisoned like the Guildford Four and Maguire Seven who were only found to have been wrongly convicted about 15 years after, despite it initially having looked clear cut. There's always the potential for mistakes.
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 17:08 - May 23 with 1567 viewscarrotcrunch_R

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Yes let's throw them in prison so they can carry on having there freedom of speech and keep coming back on the news too haunt there victim's parents/relations even more so (if they have survived a broken heart) as in case of hindley/Brady.
So who got the most severe punishment the victims families or the murderers ?
I rest my case
BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY on 17:15 - May 23 with 1560 viewsxistens_pet

I don't think you've understood my "people in power" statement. I wasn't saying that lords would be executed due to expenses. I was highlighting that if you give anyone the power to execute people that power will be abused over a long enough period by current or future officials.

Morals should be taken in to account when handing out a punishment as that is what makes us different from the people who commit the crimes.

Children and innocent people are killed across the world every day in many different cultures and many different ways. Its an awful place this world, and we're lucky enough to be located in a civilized part.

Again, I don't know what evidence there is for people en masse enjoying prison or prison life.

Obviously we're not going to change a lot of opinions here but its been a pleasure exchanging views. Healthy debate is a plus of this society too :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024