Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club's deep pockets 14:39 - Jul 20 with 6611 viewsAlvarado

Whether Hoilett signs or not there is an article on another thread which suggests Newcastle have gone cold on signing him due to cost. It made me wonder how is it that we can pay him £50k/week and Newcastle can't? (add SWP, Barton, Cisse & other high earners for greater effect).

Yes, yes we are fortunate to be able to call upon Uncles Tony and Lakshmi not to mention Tony's minted Malaysian mates while Newcastle rely on the erstwhile reluctant Mike Ashley (this assumes QPRs apparent deep pockets are indeed an extension of it's owners'. If they're not then I really don't get it).

Let's park for now our home gate of 18k and a smaller (but admittedly growing) fan base as we are told both of these are being addressed. But before this happens, isn't the forthcoming FIFA financial fair play business (or whatever it's called) going to hit us like a freight train the season after next? By then we'll have a ludicrous wage bill and the apparent generosity of our benefactors will be severely constrained - whether we (and they) like it or not. Have I missed something? (please tell me I have!)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Club's deep pockets on 10:53 - Jul 21 with 1485 viewsDylanP

So, it sounds like people think that although TF and co paid off all the debt when they came on board, they have since built up new debt. I would be disappointed if that were the case. There is no reason why players' salaries shouldn't be covered by the TV revenue, which is something like 60 million.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Club's deep pockets on 11:10 - Jul 21 with 1480 viewsnadera78

Club's deep pockets on 10:53 - Jul 21 by DylanP

So, it sounds like people think that although TF and co paid off all the debt when they came on board, they have since built up new debt. I would be disappointed if that were the case. There is no reason why players' salaries shouldn't be covered by the TV revenue, which is something like 60 million.

Zamora 4.5m
Cisse 4m
DIakite 3.5m
Park 2m+
Onuoha / Ferdinand / Traore / Wright-Phillips - got to be around 10m for the lot

that's 24million on transfer fees
add on big signing-on fees in lieu of transfer fees for Green, Johnson, Nelsen, Barton.

The club spent a fortune last year.
Club's deep pockets on 11:24 - Jul 21 with 1471 viewsDylanP

Club's deep pockets on 11:10 - Jul 21 by nadera78

Zamora 4.5m
Cisse 4m
DIakite 3.5m
Park 2m+
Onuoha / Ferdinand / Traore / Wright-Phillips - got to be around 10m for the lot

add on big signing-on fees in lieu of transfer fees for Green, Johnson, Nelsen, Barton.

Lets assume that that lot are on an average of 50K a week, that would add in another 20 million for the year (less really coz some of those players only came half way through the year). That totals to around 45 million -- still 15 million below what is generally reported to be our share of TV revenue.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Club's deep pockets on 11:53 - Jul 21 with 1457 viewsN12Hoop

Club's deep pockets on 11:10 - Jul 21 by nadera78

Zamora 4.5m
Cisse 4m
DIakite 3.5m
Park 2m+

You can't really add transfer fees into the size of any loss. Firstly, they need to be spread across the length of the contract because we benefit each year from the transfer in to the club. Secondly the players are assets who can be sold and will generally have an onsale value if within contract. Ultimately club finances are nmore complex then just what we have bought v income, but with our limited gates it would be hard to see how we can make profits any time soon. However gaining the asian market will help bring the bucks in and for TF, as an earlier poster noted, there is more to it than QPR in isolation, there is a far bigger picture that we aren't part of.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Club's deep pockets on 12:03 - Jul 21 with 1452 viewsstansleftfoot

The debt which was adopted by TF's company on the purchase was around £60 million which included losses of £25 million for the Championship promotion season. TF paid £56 million i think.
All that has happened is the debt has moved off QPR's balance sheet.
Losses for last year, will include, i use the term loosely, upgrading the LR stadium for use in the Premiership, Harlington, Agents Fee's, Legal Fee's, and that sudden influx of players at the start of the season and in the January Window. The losses in spite of the Premiership sponsorship will be a minimum of £30 million but i'd say closer to £50 million. We lost 500K a week in the Championship. All those players were still with us last year, plus the newcomers.
These guys are businessmen, and to say the Debts have been written off is against all their principals, i think they have understood the damage that lax financial management seen in the public eye can do to a brand. equally it puzzles the Clubs actual fans. TF knows better than most how to keep the Fan's happy.
This is a long term plan, and will continue to cost Millions in investment, a measurement of QPR's success cannot be seen by looking at a set of accounts at a particular point in a financial year. Sustainability and a long term return on investment gained across a number of businesses other than QPR LTD is the aim IMO. No profit since the late 60's at QPR, probably none for another 5 years is my guess.
Club's deep pockets on 12:28 - Jul 21 with 1442 viewsWeAreQPR12

I can understand peoples concern but losing money whilst in the championship is to be expected. The money that premier league sides get is immoral imo and has had a huge effect on clubs further down the leagues. Having a much bigger ground is clearly important but I think more important because of opening up more revenue outside of qpr. We are blinkered fans but this isn't just about qpr. Most of our money will be made away from qpr. Having the rolling stones playing in our enclosed 45k stadium will 1stly fill it plus you could charge 7 times the price of qpr tickets, now you do the maths and see where the potential lies and it is huge. Location location applies 2 buying a football club and not just a house.
Club's deep pockets on 13:01 - Jul 21 with 1424 viewsJamie

Club's deep pockets on 11:24 - Jul 21 by DylanP

Lets assume that that lot are on an average of 50K a week, that would add in another 20 million for the year (less really coz some of those players only came half way through the year). That totals to around 45 million -- still 15 million below what is generally reported to be our share of TV revenue.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/14/where-the-money-went-premier-leag

£43m was our share of prize money & TV money for the year just gone. Add to that the vast array of expenses associated with running the club, plus the astronomical wage bill - the promotion season, the club lost £25m. Add £40m extra income to that but also add Barton, SWP, Young, Cisse, Zamora, Traore, Campbell, Bothroyd, Taiwo, Diakite, Murphy, Ferdinand, Onouha's salaries, signing on fees, image rights, pension contributions etc. etc. etc. and you'll get an idea where a horrendous loss can be accumulated.
Club's deep pockets on 13:26 - Jul 21 with 1411 viewsnadera78

Club's deep pockets on 11:53 - Jul 21 by N12Hoop

You can't really add transfer fees into the size of any loss. Firstly, they need to be spread across the length of the contract because we benefit each year from the transfer in to the club. Secondly the players are assets who can be sold and will generally have an onsale value if within contract. Ultimately club finances are nmore complex then just what we have bought v income, but with our limited gates it would be hard to see how we can make profits any time soon. However gaining the asian market will help bring the bucks in and for TF, as an earlier poster noted, there is more to it than QPR in isolation, there is a far bigger picture that we aren't part of.

The only one on that iast fo players with any on-sale value is Diakite. The rest will never be sold for any sizeable fee again. That's dead money.

But like I said right at the start of this thread, it's irrelevant because it's all so astronomical that we could never repay it anyway. If the owners wanted to call it in we'd be looking at AFC QPR. So there's no point worrying about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024