Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread 16:23 - Sep 12 with 58215 viewsDaBurgh

This international break week seems to have lasted a ridiculously long time. I guess because we finished on a high. Going on a late summer week's holiday on Saturday to Cap d'Agde on the French Mediterranean coast. Apparently it has a reputation of being the nudist, hedonistic capital of France, not only the beaches but some restaurants also are 'clothing optional'.
Hopefully I can watch the game before we go out for a meal, the evenings are getting a bit chilly so I'm hoping that I won't be put of my dim sum by some fat couple in thongs.
2 - 1 Rangers. Anderson and Cook.
[Post edited 12 Sep 16:58]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:59 - Sep 14 with 2810 viewsA40Bosh

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Just glad to shut up those commentators giving it large

Daylight robbery but who gives a flying one!!!!!!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:00 - Sep 14 with 2768 viewsted_hendrix

Thanks for the corner Barry Bannan

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:01 - Sep 14 with 2645 viewsconnell10

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:52 - Sep 14 by connell10

KUNT

Yesssssss

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:02 - Sep 14 with 2627 viewsQuillPenRiot

Get in, however undeserved!
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:02 - Sep 14 with 2579 viewsEN_Ranger

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:59 - Sep 14 by Rs_Holy

Well done Alfie… got us out of jail… but we Need to start seeing improvements and soon
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:01]

Lost 1 in 5 with half a new team, I’ll take it!
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:02 - Sep 14 with 2563 viewsDamo1962

Good point when you concede so late and have been outplayed by the sounds of it. We are very unconvincing though, and the new signings haven't really moved us on much yet. We need a Bannan badly.
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:55]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:02 - Sep 14 with 2565 viewsToast_R

The usual International break put to good use I see. Always put in a turd performance following one of those.
Lucky to get a point but that was totally unacceptable.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:03 - Sep 14 with 2506 viewsNorthantsHoop

What a scramble for an equaliser, gotta be seen to be believed, again a smash and grab in Sheffield.
Login to get fewer ads

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:03 - Sep 14 with 2496 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Bwahahahaha. Probably the most God awful way to spend a sunny afternoon, but then that!

Crap, but good in the same afternoon. I love supporting this club.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:04 - Sep 14 with 2434 viewsBristolR

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:59 - Sep 14 by Bluce_Ree

LOL!

Eat 96th minute shit, Wednesday.

This…

And Barry Bannan, suck my gob bumming equipment
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:04]
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:04 - Sep 14 with 2415 viewskarlski

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:00 - Sep 14 by ted_hendrix

Thanks for the corner Barry Bannan

Happy to have escaped with a point. Well done Alfie (and Paal with delivery/Dunne with initial header on goal).
The concern is how poor we looked having just had 2 weeks on the training ground.
I get the style we're trying to play...I just don't think we have the players to execute it properly.
At least we have been hard to beat recently. That's a positive.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:05 - Sep 14 with 2386 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 16:57 - Sep 14 by stainrods_elbow

Unreal, but real, and indisputably undeserved!

That's football!

Richly undeserved but I don't care. For all its shortcomings, one thing this team does have is character. That's now 5 of our 6 points rescued from losing positions.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:05 - Sep 14 with 2351 viewsHAYESBOY

Well that was undeserved. Awful performance. Back 4 and keeper played ok but nearly everywhere else was disjointed, no meaningful possession and poor off the ball.

Take the point though at one down with a minute to play.

Wonder what's up with Clarke Salter.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:07 - Sep 14 with 2246 viewsstrikerace

I thought Anderson and Celar were extremely poor.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:08 - Sep 14 with 2179 viewsdmm

What a way to spend two hours of my life. I wanted to poke my eyes out with a sharpened stick. That was a shockingly awful game of football.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:08 - Sep 14 with 2172 viewsMatch82

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:02 - Sep 14 by Damo1962

Good point when you concede so late and have been outplayed by the sounds of it. We are very unconvincing though, and the new signings haven't really moved us on much yet. We need a Bannan badly.
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:55]

Trying to figure out what we'd do with a banana...
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:11 - Sep 14 with 2021 viewsted_hendrix

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:08 - Sep 14 by Match82

Skin up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:11 - Sep 14 with 2008 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Throw skins around like in Mario Kart.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:11 - Sep 14 with 2010 viewsPhilmyRs

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:04 - Sep 14 by karlski

Happy to have escaped with a point. Well done Alfie (and Paal with delivery/Dunne with initial header on goal).
The concern is how poor we looked having just had 2 weeks on the training ground.
I get the style we're trying to play...I just don't think we have the players to execute it properly.
At least we have been hard to beat recently. That's a positive.

It’s going to be tough to implement though when your best ball playing centre back is injured and his direct replacement is too from the sounds of it. Cook and Dunne can’t break the lines with their passing and Field’s not an option for getting us moving up the pitch.

Very poor but we got something and this team really is showing itself to have that ability to bounce back when they fall behind which will be massive for us.
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:12 - Sep 14 with 1980 viewsstainrods_elbow

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:02 - Sep 14 by Toast_R

The usual International break put to good use I see. Always put in a turd performance following one of those.
Lucky to get a point but that was totally unacceptable.

Let's trust Marti is as humble as he likes to profess in the usual post-match bollucks. Hopefully, he and his coaches realise that was cack, and we got out of jail.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:12 - Sep 14 with 1961 viewsAntti_Heinola

A few bedsheets are going to need to be washed and dried tonight.
Dearie me, some people on here could benefit with taking a chill pill.

Bare bones.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:13 - Sep 14 with 1909 viewsRs_Holy

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:07 - Sep 14 by strikerace

I thought Anderson and Celar were extremely poor.

Cellar really reminds me of Adam Czerkas… :(
Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:14 - Sep 14 with 1860 viewsPlanetHonneywood

He's plantain ideas though!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:15 - Sep 14 with 1835 viewscheeseydane

I'm still chuckling about our goal.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Yes, this is the Sheffield Wednesday match thread on 17:15 - Sep 14 with 1798 viewsstainrods_elbow

The likeable but overrated Field's h/t withdrawal (plus the introduction of Smyth) coincided non-coincidentally with a degree of 2nd half improvement, but not much. If I'm being kind, it looks like Marti is still shuffling his pack. We still look half-haunted by relegation, though we certainly have 'never say die' spirit if nothing else. Our school playground equaliser should in no way paper over the cracks, however.
[Post edited 14 Sep 17:16]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024