Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madsen 00:14 - Aug 31 with 6810 viewsnumptydumpty

He has been OK so far and another one like Varane that is acclimatising but great for him to be available and in an advanced position for Frey's pass and composure to slot home with two defenders closing in.

Brought in as a goal scoring midfielder and nice to see so many different goalscorers so far this season.
[Post edited 31 Aug 0:15]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Madsen on 00:19 - Aug 31 with 4886 viewsmart_Goblin

Overall I thought he had a poor game but as Marti said afterwards we need to be patient with a lot of these players and as mentioned it will take time to acclimatise. Varane showing signs already and I think and Madsen will too after a couple of weeks . Celar likewise.
But they won’t be into their full stride for a while .

Good to see Madsen so advanced to score as you say and that will do him a world of good .
Madsen on 00:34 - Aug 31 with 4773 viewsozexile

Take this anyway you want but I get very strong Jordan Mutch vibes from Madsen.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2:20]
Madsen on 00:35 - Aug 31 with 4756 viewsParkRoyalR

Madsen on 00:19 - Aug 31 by mart_Goblin

Overall I thought he had a poor game but as Marti said afterwards we need to be patient with a lot of these players and as mentioned it will take time to acclimatise. Varane showing signs already and I think and Madsen will too after a couple of weeks . Celar likewise.
But they won’t be into their full stride for a while .

Good to see Madsen so advanced to score as you say and that will do him a world of good .

Thought he was the only player who had a poor game, a little too early for him to start away at Luton, did well to get up and finish but thought he was a key reason we couldn't get any decent possession in 1st Half.
Madsen on 00:39 - Aug 31 with 4725 viewsToast_R

Passenger until he scored the equaliser. Will take time, very difficult to move to a new country, sign for a club and play two matches inside a week. Int break will do him a world of good.

Love Saito, though. Coming on and full of running and energy was just what Luton didn't need. Too bad we didn't get that third goal when we looked to turn the screw on them.
Madsen on 02:29 - Aug 31 with 4459 viewsbenhurst

He plays the game at his own pace, completely independent of the other 21 players. Not necessarily a bad thing (the beginning of the Plymouth game he was just leaving their midfielders behind every time he got the ball), but it means he probably will drift in and out of games for a while, tonight he did basically nothing, scored and had a hand in the second, then went back to nothing until he went off.

The second goal is a good example of this, everyone else is sprinting around and he's just walking around, even when he's laying it off for Paal.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2:42]
Madsen on 07:24 - Aug 31 with 3574 viewsdmm

It's pretty obvious Madsen has great ability on the ball but he needs to play a more physical game. I suspect this is why he played at 10 and not 8 where Field and Colback were preferred to him. Develop that side of his game and he'll take one of their starting spots.
Madsen on 07:25 - Aug 31 with 3569 viewsNorthLondonR

I did however love Marti turning around to Lloyd in the dugout to presumably tell him that's what he needs to be doing, anticipating the loose ball. Such a great mind, I think Marti rates our Alfie very highly and wants him to succeed, tough love.
Madsen on 07:53 - Aug 31 with 3336 viewspriceyparkrangers

He’s been here one week. Played two and a bit games.

Some of you need to pack it in with the over the top criticism of the new players
Login to get fewer ads

Madsen on 08:04 - Aug 31 with 3252 viewsSpaceman_P

took his goal well last night... Armstrong wouldn't have scored that.
Madsen on 08:12 - Aug 31 with 3192 viewssilky

Madsen was poor last night but totally acceptable given how he's been thrown in the deep end given how recent his move has been.

But if you've played poor but scored then you're doing something right.

Fair play to Madsen for being so high up the pitch when Frey was battling like a Swizz Army Knife through the Luton defence.
[Post edited 31 Aug 8:36]

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Madsen on 08:17 - Aug 31 with 3134 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he had some lovely touches throughout the game. He moves the ball quickly, and he thinks quickly, has nice control and makes good decisions.

I agree that we need more from him out of possession, and hopefully that will come, but I also thought he was key for us on their set-pieces where he seemed to be on man-marking duty.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Madsen on 08:19 - Aug 31 with 3112 viewsFDC

Madsen on 07:24 - Aug 31 by dmm

It's pretty obvious Madsen has great ability on the ball but he needs to play a more physical game. I suspect this is why he played at 10 and not 8 where Field and Colback were preferred to him. Develop that side of his game and he'll take one of their starting spots.

From the little we've seen I think he'll be more effective in an 8. He looks to have good vision and an eye for a defense splitting pass, but agree he may take time to adapt to the physicality of that role.

Just going on vibes and speculation when you see him with the rest of the players at the end of the game he looks a bit - I don't know, shell shocked? Like he's finding the move difficult so far?

Hopefully he'll adapt, get the feeling there's plenty to come from him if so.
Madsen on 08:25 - Aug 31 with 3032 viewsNed_Kennedys

Madsen on 08:12 - Aug 31 by silky

Madsen was poor last night but totally acceptable given how he's been thrown in the deep end given how recent his move has been.

But if you've played poor but scored then you're doing something right.

Fair play to Madsen for being so high up the pitch when Frey was battling like a Swizz Army Knife through the Luton defence.
[Post edited 31 Aug 8:36]

He was hardly poor: thought he took time to get up to speed but got better and better as the game progressed and how many times recently have we had a midfielder in the penalty area to score a goal like he did?
He’s playing his first few games in a new country at a completely new level and like Varane is already showing he is learning and improving.
Madsen on 08:28 - Aug 31 with 2991 viewsSherryHoop

He was really lightweight in the first half.

There is a possibility that he is a bit unique and that takes time to adjust. I'm glad he's here and that he scored. Yet to see a performance that shows me what he can do.

Obviously what Marti is looking for so happy to go with that.
Madsen on 08:31 - Aug 31 with 2961 viewsnix

I thought he did okay just needs to impose himself a bit more. In the first half I hardly noticed him. True that he'll take time to adapt to the physicality and pace of the Championship. Celar also did for the first couple of games but I thought he looked more effectiive yesterday when he came on. Also Lloyd is used to having more time on the ball in the Development squad, you can tell he feels rushed but the intensity is so much higher in the Championship so it will take a while to adapt.
Madsen on 08:36 - Aug 31 with 2905 viewsGaryBannister86

What are you all talking about? Bloke has been here 5 minutes and got us a vital equaliser in a tough game. What are you expecting - Bryan Robson after two matches?

I thought he did nicely all things considering and just like Celar's penalty, showed he has the right thing about him.

Dembele had a quiet game, are we writing him off now?
Madsen on 08:40 - Aug 31 with 2841 viewsFDC

Madsen on 08:36 - Aug 31 by GaryBannister86

What are you all talking about? Bloke has been here 5 minutes and got us a vital equaliser in a tough game. What are you expecting - Bryan Robson after two matches?

I thought he did nicely all things considering and just like Celar's penalty, showed he has the right thing about him.

Dembele had a quiet game, are we writing him off now?

Can't see anyone writing him off mate, quite the contrary in fact.
Madsen on 08:44 - Aug 31 with 2772 viewsGaryBannister86

Madsen on 08:40 - Aug 31 by FDC

Can't see anyone writing him off mate, quite the contrary in fact.

"thought he had a poor game" "Jordan Mutch vibes" "only one who had a poor game"

Harsh, imo
Madsen on 08:44 - Aug 31 with 2774 viewssilky

Madsen on 08:25 - Aug 31 by Ned_Kennedys

He was hardly poor: thought he took time to get up to speed but got better and better as the game progressed and how many times recently have we had a midfielder in the penalty area to score a goal like he did?
He’s playing his first few games in a new country at a completely new level and like Varane is already showing he is learning and improving.

Well for me he was absolutely anonymous first half. I didn't even realise he was on the pitch till the 40min mark.

I basically said it was an understandable performance based on what you've described below.

But he scored, that's the sign of a good player. Exactly like you stated, how good and how long have we waited for runners to keep up with the CF.

Madsen is a very classy addition overall.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Madsen on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 2620 viewsAntti_Heinola

Madsen on 07:53 - Aug 31 by priceyparkrangers

He’s been here one week. Played two and a bit games.

Some of you need to pack it in with the over the top criticism of the new players

It's equally dangerous to watch a couple of games and go 'we've got a gem here', but there are some early signs this season with Frey that suggest having some patience with players is not a bad thing. Madsen may or may not be a good signing, but you don't have to watch much to see the guy can pass a football beautifully - I don't get the Mutch comparison, completely different sort of player.

Bare bones.

Madsen on 09:02 - Aug 31 with 2591 viewsHAYESBOY

You can see there is a player there, just needs to get up to speed with the Championship pace. Same with Varane who was better when he came on than his previous appearances.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Madsen on 09:08 - Aug 31 with 2476 viewsDieByYourSide

So good to see one of our midfielders actually being in that Lampard-esque position to gobble up a goal, as Clive has pointed out many times it's not something we've seen enough of.

How chilled was the celebration? Handshakes all round then walking back to the centre circle!

Poll: And it's hi ho

Madsen on 09:38 - Aug 31 with 2280 viewssdm1508

I think Paal was coming into midfield like he did when Marti first took over. He came into midfield and we had 3 at the back when on the ball. That slight tactical change in the second half allowed us to get a hold in midfield. That helped Madsen and Varane when he came on. (good to see Varane celebrating with the fans at the end). We needed that extra man in the middle as sadly Colback seems well off it. Holding the ball too long at times and getting muscled off it and then gets angry and commits a foul
Madsen on 09:52 - Aug 31 with 2159 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought he had a composed game last night and getting to grips nicely in that centre midfield. Calmly slotted that goal away after great work from Frey.
Madsen on 09:54 - Aug 31 with 2125 viewsBklynRanger

A couple of weeks ago somebody posted the link to that analysis of potential midfielders. It's a lot to get your head round, so rather than get on with my actual paid job I made these notes:

At Championship average for:
Shots on target
Progressive carries

Above champ average for:
Both medium distance and progressive passes
Creativity and finishing (but skewed by penalties?)

Low on:
Pressing
Tackles and interceptions
And
Aerial duels!(?)

Having pasted that it may read as gibberish but hopefully gives I sense of what he's going to bring - creativity and a bit of a linking X factor as far as helping to find players, anticipate space etc.

His game will come on as far as pressing (and hopefully a bit of Ally Faurlin style heading in the middle of the park) but we need to know what to expect from him. Good signs are there so far and I don't see any sign of him hiding.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024