Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frey 22:03 - Aug 30 with 15312 viewssilky

Deserves a thread. Thought he was absolutely tremendous tonight.

Think we were 2nd best as the whole performance goes but a much better 2nd half.

Frey, could of easily gone down for Masden goal and took his goal brilliantly, pressed when he could. 3 goals now.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Frey on 22:43 - Aug 30 with 3255 viewsLordPork

watched the highlights 4 times now and Frey's goal is pure class

we have a gem !!??
Frey on 22:45 - Aug 30 with 3211 viewsLazyFan

Faster tonight and it made a difference. Can he keep it up, though? Tough to do that.

That finish was class, only the volley and he was quick enough to get in there. Dykes would have been jogging in, rather than busting to get in there.

zzzzzzzzzz

Frey on 22:46 - Aug 30 with 3182 viewsrbee

Mr Frey is certainly deserving of his own thread.

A match winning battling performance.

Take note Goldstein and Bent who in their ten second Talksport match preview couldn't see anything other than a home win.
[Post edited 30 Aug 22:51]
Frey on 22:52 - Aug 30 with 3097 viewsbullythebear

There will be a mutiny on LFW if Clive doesn’t give that performance a 9. Superb.
Frey on 22:53 - Aug 30 with 3083 viewsbaz_qpr

it was the best all round centre forward performance in years, holding the ball up, winning the ball, distributing it, pressing, composure and finish. Play half as well consistently and the 9 is his and he'll have double figures in goals
Frey on 22:56 - Aug 30 with 3018 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Immense. Aside from his physical attributes, the man also has a great temperament. When opposition players try to niggle him, he doesn't bite and just gets on with the job. For the first goal he simply refused to go down in the box and fashioned a chance despite the close attention of two defenders. The second was a masterclass in positioning, concentration and technique. Well done, Michi. Also, honourable mention to Nardi for keeping QPR in the game when Luton were leading and Adebayo was through 1-on-1.
Frey on 22:58 - Aug 30 with 2997 viewsbob566

Frey on 22:32 - Aug 30 by joolsyp

I know Clive hasn’t given a 9/10 for a while but if ever there’s a performance that deserved it it was Michi tonight. Best centre-forward performance from an R since …?

Lyndon who?

I'd be surprised if not 10 from Clive. What more could he do. Immense performance
Frey on 23:09 - Aug 30 with 2885 viewsperpignanR

Beeb describing his performance as masterful! Big shout out for Celar who I thought was also very good tonight.
Login to get fewer ads

Frey on 23:23 - Aug 30 with 2771 viewsnumptydumpty

Frey on 23:09 - Aug 30 by perpignanR

Beeb describing his performance as masterful! Big shout out for Celar who I thought was also very good tonight.

Yes have to agree too. Am liking Celar too.

Looks strong and fit and did extremely well to set up Andersen who instead of shooting first time, did a step over.

But a similar type of player to Frey.

Think Lyndon left because he knew he was number three centre forward but seem since he has signed for Birmingham they have bought two other more expensive centre forwards there also - poor old Lyndon...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Frey on 23:27 - Aug 30 with 2731 viewsted_hendrix

Feed the beast.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Frey on 23:35 - Aug 30 with 2672 viewsbosh67

We've got Micky Frey
We've got Micky Frey
We've got Micky
We've got Micky
We've got Micky Frey

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frey on 23:39 - Aug 30 with 2635 viewsNorthantsHoop

He's a beast got a real centre forward and now he is fit. More to come, lovely night in the away end.
Frey on 23:46 - Aug 30 with 2584 viewsted_hendrix

Doughty's face when Frey scores Is a picture.

Frey on 23:47 - Aug 30 with 2562 viewsQuillPenRiot

Post game interview on the offish: https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/august/30/frey-post-luton/

Cult hero status achieved for me, both goals, the assist and the volley were superb. He’s a scary dude I bet for the defenders
Frey on 23:50 - Aug 30 with 2528 viewsbosh67

Super humble. He's going to be a cult hero here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Frey on 00:02 - Aug 31 with 2438 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah how good was he tonight? Absolute monster .
But his hold up play and deft of touch at times was just as good as his power and strength.
Got slight Polter vibes ….Polter struggled at first and then smashed in a wonder goal at home to a Leeds . We all thought here we go …and then he left.
Frey potentially has an all round better game , stronger with a better touch .

Could , if he carries on like this be a cult hero in no time.
Don’t think many people would have imagined that even just a few weeks ago

Good for him.
Frey on 00:11 - Aug 31 with 2361 viewsParkRoyalR

Frey on 00:02 - Aug 31 by mart_Goblin

Yeah how good was he tonight? Absolute monster .
But his hold up play and deft of touch at times was just as good as his power and strength.
Got slight Polter vibes ….Polter struggled at first and then smashed in a wonder goal at home to a Leeds . We all thought here we go …and then he left.
Frey potentially has an all round better game , stronger with a better touch .

Could , if he carries on like this be a cult hero in no time.
Don’t think many people would have imagined that even just a few weeks ago

Good for him.

First game this season, superb finish for his goal and after McGuinness let that ball bounce Frey barrelled into him and did superbly to look up and find Madsen while going down,

Frey must have hamstrings tighter than prestressed concrete, but was decent with his feet tonight, despite looking ungainly,

Long way to go but that was a decent first half and superb 2nd half.

Also liked Celars 15 minute cameo, and Subs all did well, not quite a mugging but didn't see that turnaround coming @ H/T.
Frey on 00:15 - Aug 31 with 2341 viewsted_hendrix

Frey on 23:50 - Aug 30 by bosh67

Super humble. He's going to be a cult hero here.

He said he had to fight off the defender.

He beat the f ucker up, that's what he done.

We're gonna expect this every week now.

Frey on 00:16 - Aug 31 with 2331 viewsPdog

Love it.

You can tell the man is fighting for his future, especially with his contract likely ending end of the season. He'd be 31, this his last shot before potentially returning to the Swiss back waters. Got to respect the fight in him, he can also play.
Frey on 00:20 - Aug 31 with 2299 viewsSydneyRs

Fantastic performance.

First goal, huge strength, aggression, assist. Everything Dykes didn't show. Second just a tremendous finish in front of the away end.

More of this please.
Frey on 03:43 - Aug 31 with 2015 viewsFredManRave

He's no Lyndon Dykes.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Frey on 06:15 - Aug 31 with 1785 viewsFDC

Agreed with all of the above

Does anyone know what the finger on the head celebration is all about?
Frey on 06:34 - Aug 31 with 1745 viewsLoftgirl

Frey on 06:15 - Aug 31 by FDC

Agreed with all of the above

Does anyone know what the finger on the head celebration is all about?

He explained in the post-match interview.
Frey on 07:02 - Aug 31 with 1626 viewsjohnhoop

Frey on 00:16 - Aug 31 by Pdog

Love it.

You can tell the man is fighting for his future, especially with his contract likely ending end of the season. He'd be 31, this his last shot before potentially returning to the Swiss back waters. Got to respect the fight in him, he can also play.

Looking at his record he played for Switzerland at all the age group levels but never got a full cap. If Murat Yakin is at all aware of him and how he’s performing at the moment, inclusion in the Swiss squad and a first international appearance at the age of 30 surely isn’t out of the question.
Frey on 07:19 - Aug 31 with 1520 viewsGloucs_R

So many of our fans write off strikers before they've been given a proper chance.

Quite possibly because we've had so many duds.

We need to be a lot more patient....

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024