Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you rather win league cup or survive? 12:58 - Aug 14 with 4248 viewshoops_legend

Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 13:01 - Aug 14 with 2965 viewshoops_legend

I know we are only through the first round and this isn’t me getting carried away….. BUT

Would you rather have a season where we win the league cup and get relegated or a season where we get knocked out next round but mid table mediocrity?

I know these two options are the extreme but I would love another trophy in our cabinet and would remember a season like that over staying up another year anyway. Much better memories

Or should we do what every manager does and sacrifice the league cup to focus on stabilising league position

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 13:37 - Aug 14 with 2787 viewsfrancisbowles

My heart says league cup but my head says stay in this division.

Relegation would be a major backwards step which would mean Marti would probably be gone by Christmas, owners could walk away.

This was a valid question a few years before 1992, and my answer then would have been, win a trophy. How ever the consequences of relegation now can and could be dire.
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 13:49 - Aug 14 with 2743 viewsGaryHaddock

Win the cup. I can tolerate an away day at Barrow if I know that I’m going Valencia the week after.
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 13:58 - Aug 14 with 2682 viewsDannyPaddox

Rollover question:

For the next season would you rather win the Europa Conference League or stay in League 1?
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:01 - Aug 14 with 2667 viewsGaryHaddock

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 13:58 - Aug 14 by DannyPaddox

Rollover question:

For the next season would you rather win the Europa Conference League or stay in League 1?

Win the cup. I can tolerate an away day at Boreham Wood if I know that I’m going to Minsk the week after.
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:25 - Aug 14 with 2541 viewsdaveB

It's never an either or decision.

if you win the league cup you would still have 2 months of the season left to worry about staying up
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:27 - Aug 14 with 2528 viewsDannyPaddox

And moving ahead a bit would you rather win the 2030 FIFA World Club Cup or survive in the Isthmian League South Central Division?
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:32 - Aug 14 with 2507 viewsnumptydumpty

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:25 - Aug 14 by daveB

if you win the league cup you would still have 2 months of the season left to worry about staying up

This question is completely irrelevant as we have zero chance of winning the Carabao Cup as the top end teams and squads of the upper echelons of the premier league are in another stratosphere !!!

Next question... 🙃

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:56 - Aug 14 with 2453 viewsthemodfather

can;t i have both?
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:57 - Aug 14 with 2448 viewsGaryHaddock

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:25 - Aug 14 by daveB

I think this was a hypothetical Dave!
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 15:01 - Aug 14 with 2411 viewsRangersw12

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 13:37 - Aug 14 by francisbowles

My heart says league cup but my head says stay in this division.

Relegation would be a major backwards step which would mean Marti would probably be gone by Christmas, owners could walk away.

This was a valid question a few years before 1992, and my answer then would have been, win a trophy. How ever the consequences of relegation now can and could be dire.

Winning a trophy and a few games in Europe would be worth it
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 15:38 - Aug 14 with 2305 viewsMatch82

We have a trophy shoebox more than a trophy cabinet and it's been more than 50 years since we put something in it (assuming we don't count winning a second tier league or the Ibiza cup).

Cup please.
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 15:40 - Aug 14 with 2295 viewsessextaxiboy

Survive in this division every time , sure you have a day in the sun but that soon goes .
Then you lose your best players and get your backside handed to you a few times by a park team in Estonia or worse .
Then you have to get out of the league you settled for , with a lower income in every department . If you are lucky it will take at least 3 years .... IMO
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 15:44 - Aug 14 with 2284 viewsGaryHaddock

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 15:40 - Aug 14 by essextaxiboy

Survive in this division every time , sure you have a day in the sun but that soon goes .
Then you lose your best players and get your backside handed to you a few times by a park team in Estonia or worse .
Then you have to get out of the league you settled for , with a lower income in every department . If you are lucky it will take at least 3 years .... IMO

Good fun though.
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 16:24 - Aug 14 with 2219 viewshantssi

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:32 - Aug 14 by numptydumpty

This question is completely irrelevant as we have zero chance of winning the Carabao Cup as the top end teams and squads of the upper echelons of the premier league are in another stratosphere !!!

Next question... 🙃

Look at this, we’ve no chance!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cy4yg422zjpo
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 16:28 - Aug 14 with 2199 viewsGaryHaddock

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 14:32 - Aug 14 by numptydumpty

Next question... 🙃

‘Next question’

Would you rather have dicks for fingers or a finger for a dick?
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 16:32 - Aug 14 with 2161 viewsnumptydumpty

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 16:28 - Aug 14 by GaryHaddock

‘Next question’

Would you rather have dicks for fingers or a finger for a dick?

Again it's irrelevant as neither is a possibility..

If it is, please show evidence !!!

Or perhaps, just don't.

🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 16:55 - Aug 14 with 2084 viewsDannyPaddox

Dicks for fingers is possible as evidenced by 1970s TV show Fingerknobs

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 17:05 - Aug 14 with 2061 viewsDavieQPR

There is more money for staying in division than winning cup. The prize money for Carabao cup is £100,000.
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 17:26 - Aug 14 with 2000 viewsJuzzie

If promotion was guaranteed the next season then I'd take the League Cup win with relegation.

Win the cup, then promotion the next season whilst playing in Europe, what a season!!
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 17:41 - Aug 14 with 1929 viewsWatford_Ranger

Flabbergasted anyone would give up a cup win that almost none of us have ever seen before for another year treading water against Preston and Blackburn for the 2748463rd season in a row. It would be right up there as one of the best days of my life.

We’ll probably lose away at Blackburn in the next round and go down.
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 17:48 - Aug 14 with 1910 viewsDorse

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 16:55 - Aug 14 by DannyPaddox

Dicks for fingers is possible as evidenced by 1970s TV show Fingerknobs

Simpler times. We didn't need the internet back then, just a jaunty cravat, hairy bald guy and a 18" multispeed novelty shoulder massager. That's proper entertainment.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 18:03 - Aug 14 with 1882 viewsessextaxiboy

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 17:41 - Aug 14 by Watford_Ranger

Flabbergasted anyone would give up a cup win that almost none of us have ever seen before for another year treading water against Preston and Blackburn for the 2748463rd season in a row. It would be right up there as one of the best days of my life.

We’ll probably lose away at Blackburn in the next round and go down.

There were posts on here last season warning that relegation would be a disaster for the future of the club . Seems a high price to pay .
Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 19:36 - Aug 14 with 1761 viewshoops_legend

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 17:05 - Aug 14 by DavieQPR

There is more money for staying in division than winning cup. The prize money for Carabao cup is £100,000.

But that prize money means nothing to us… it’s just a figure in a world of football where money is nonsensical

I would rather look at football sides than a balance sheet

Would you rather win league cup or survive? on 19:39 - Aug 14 with 1750 viewsSpongeParr

Cup.

Footballs about winning, not achieving bare minimum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024