Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T20 Cricket 22:40 - Jul 18 with 1710 viewsnumptydumpty

Been watching Surrey since around 1980 and what a change the game has made.

T20 more like baseball and with the razzmatazz.

Lots of people fallen out of the office, lots of families all going and less old boys falling asleep doing the times crossword.

Went to Surrey Hampshire at the Oval tonight.

Sam Curran hit winning six almost out the ground with such power and reached his century with the last shot of the game.

Will Jack's hit first ball of the Surrey innings for six and then caught on the boundary attempting to clear the boundary with the second ball of the innings.

Brixton DJ in the outer grounds.

Boycott, Tavare, Edrich it is not

In a game where one to eleven can clear the ropes, it's not the cricket of yesteryear.

But was great entertainment.

But a different sport from previous decades most definitely

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

T20 Cricket on 22:40 - Jul 18 with 1710 viewsNorthernr

I was there too
T20 Cricket on 22:46 - Jul 18 with 1660 viewsnumptydumpty

T20 Cricket on 22:40 - Jul 18 by Northernr

I was there too

Good game Clive

Sadly am attending QPR Spurs but my thinking re value for money might be less than this evening !!!

T20 Cricket on 23:32 - Jul 18 with 1582 viewsKiwi76

It’s killing the game in NZ with our smaller playing pool. Anyone world class is going into world circuit for the $$ ( can’t be blamed for that) & just had our summer season released - one home test series completed before Xmas & summer has even begun.
Rest is just one dayers & 20:20 which all blurs into nothing minute it’s finished.
Fine having as part of calendar but have to keep tests
T20 Cricket on 00:01 - Jul 19 with 1558 viewsnumptydumpty

T20 Cricket on 23:32 - Jul 18 by Kiwi76

It’s killing the game in NZ with our smaller playing pool. Anyone world class is going into world circuit for the $$ ( can’t be blamed for that) & just had our summer season released - one home test series completed before Xmas & summer has even begun.
Rest is just one dayers & 20:20 which all blurs into nothing minute it’s finished.

T20 and test cricket are not only completely different games, would suggest they are completely different sports.

The skillsets required are very different.

Test game will still be around but the overlap of players that do both is diminishing.

With the way our Test cricketers play in England, games are normally completed within three days now anyhow.

But money talks also.

T20 Cricket on 00:03 - Jul 19 with 1553 viewsstowmarketrange

I was watching the scores on the bbc app and I thought we were done for after losing 3 early wickets,and I was working out whether it was better for us if Sussex or Somerset won.What a turnaround from Curran and the boys,and what a way to bring up a century.
I went to finals day at Edgbaston last year and that was good value for money,even though we lost in the final.I can’t make it this year,but it is a great day out.
T20 Cricket on 00:03 - Jul 19 with 1551 viewsjoolsyp

Bastard Surrey, they always beat us. Hampshire have been really below par this year, normally guaranteed a spot in the finals. Vincey (a big QPR fan btw) looks like he's losing his mojo.
T20 Cricket on 07:32 - Jul 19 with 1418 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

I was there too! I'm a Surrey member and try to do all the T20s as they fit with work timings.
Surrey seem to have a knack this season of going 3 down then they settle with 1 big score, usually Jamie Smith. Thought Hampshire had too many during the Surrey PP but Curran was brilliant, paced his innings well and did have to laugh at him turning down the single. Turned into a great night all round.
T20 Cricket on 08:21 - Jul 19 with 1365 viewsflynnbo

T20 Cricket on 00:03 - Jul 19 by stowmarketrange

I was watching the scores on the bbc app and I thought we were done for after losing 3 early wickets,and I was working out whether it was better for us if Sussex or Somerset won.What a turnaround from Curran and the boys,and what a way to bring up a century.
I went to finals day at Edgbaston last year and that was good value for money,even though we lost in the final.I can’t make it this year,but it is a great day out.

The Surrey YouTube channel is very impressive .
Login to get fewer ads

T20 Cricket on 08:55 - Jul 19 with 1315 viewsstowmarketrange

T20 Cricket on 08:21 - Jul 19 by flynnbo

The Surrey YouTube channel is very impressive .

I’d given up on the game and I was watching the golf instead.But I could’ve listened to it on bbc radio too.
T20 Cricket on 08:55 - Jul 19 with 1314 viewsslmrstid

I've managed to get to quite a few of the Leicestershire Foxes home games in the T20 this year. I've never been to a 50 over game but hoping to change that with the One Day Cup this year, other commitments allowing.

They're just quite good fun nights, Leicestershire is a much smaller club so they don't have some of the razzmatazz you've all seen at the bigger grounds.

A win at Edgbaston tonight will put the Foxes into the QFs for the first time in years as they've been pretty rubbish for quite a long time now but seem to be improving across all forms at the minute. They're losing quite a few players to the Hundred though so that might impact their One Day defence this year where they seemed to win because they lost less players than everyone else did.

6-3 after 2 overs in the last home game, but still managed to come through to win with an over to spare which was an impressive recovery.
T20 Cricket on 09:20 - Jul 19 with 1255 viewsrobith

I was also at the Oval last night, and at times felt I was the only person watching the game.

This group of lads kept standing in the aisle blocking the view of the field, then getting agg when people asked them to sit down.

That 6 for 100 though. Wow
T20 Cricket on 10:09 - Jul 19 with 1181 viewsDWQPR

I was at Lords last week for the first two days of the test. Had a fantastic time and give me test cricket over the cuckoo that is T20 everyday of the week. It is so sad that this bastardised version of the game is destroying once proud cricketing nations like the Windies.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

T20 Cricket on 11:12 - Jul 19 with 1138 viewsThe_Beast1976

T20 Cricket on 23:32 - Jul 18 by Kiwi76

I'll be heading over to NZ this Winter for the 3 Test Matches. Land in NZ from London on 20th November and staying until late January

There is no better place in the world to watch Test cricket than NZ. It'll be my eight visit. Can't wait.
[Post edited 19 Jul 11:13]
T20 Cricket on 12:03 - Jul 19 with 1065 viewsnumptydumpty

T20 Cricket on 09:20 - Jul 19 by robith

I was also at the Oval last night, and at times felt I was the only person watching the game.

This group of lads kept standing in the aisle blocking the view of the field, then getting agg when people asked them to sit down.

That 6 for 100 though. Wow

Some hit by Curran for the century. Powered by adrenaline - no doubt - England's loss is Surrey's gain.

Yes great many people not watching or even know the rules of the game. It's even more prevalent during the hundred.

Tbf though Surrey are dominant in all aspects of the game now and so much strength in depth - almost becoming the cricket version of Man City - whether that's a good thing I don't know !!
[Post edited 19 Jul 12:09]

T20 Cricket on 12:06 - Jul 19 with 1056 viewsnumptydumpty

T20 Cricket on 10:09 - Jul 19 by DWQPR

I was at Lords last week for the first two days of the test. Had a fantastic time and give me test cricket over the cuckoo that is T20 everyday of the week. It is so sad that this bastardised version of the game is destroying once proud cricketing nations like the Windies.

But even Test Cricket is one day cricket influenced.

Tests finish often easily within three days and on occasions two.

England 416 all out yesterday and that was a slow down in last third of play. Could have reached 500 in one day.

Suggest Bazball works for England in tests but certainly not against India and Australia.
[Post edited 19 Jul 12:09]

T20 Cricket on 12:11 - Jul 19 with 1037 viewsstowmarketrange

T20 Cricket on 11:12 - Jul 19 by The_Beast1976

I'll be heading over to NZ this Winter for the 3 Test Matches. Land in NZ from London on 20th November and staying until late January

There is no better place in the world to watch Test cricket than NZ. It'll be my eight visit. Can't wait.
[Post edited 19 Jul 11:13]

I went last year and I’m certainly thinking about a return trip this year.And a trip to the South Island this time too.
T20 Cricket on 12:20 - Jul 19 with 1003 viewsThe_Beast1976

T20 Cricket on 12:11 - Jul 19 by stowmarketrange

I went last year and I’m certainly thinking about a return trip this year.And a trip to the South Island this time too.

Can't beat the South Island. Absolutely love it. If you've not been, you should definitely get out for the Christchurch Test Match (lovely city and a fantastic cricket ground).
T20 Cricket on 14:46 - Jul 19 with 917 viewsthame_hoops

Middlesex Member and I have to say, I prefer the T20 atmosphere at the Oval than Lords. Lords over the last couple years has been awful, partially due to Middlesex not winning a home game, no star players and people are voting with their feet. They also don’t play as much music, as you hear at the Oval which contributes to the atmosphere. After watching us play a ‘home’ game in Essex vs Gloucestershire last night, I switched over YouTube to watch the end of the Surrey game. It was like watching two different sports.
T20 Cricket on 16:33 - Jul 19 with 873 viewsWestonsuperR

I’ve introduced my son and other family members to cricket through T20, we are Somerset fans so were lucky enough to see us win the Blast last season. Great format of the game that I thoroughly enjoy, just shame the tournament will lose a bit of momentum this season with a break until the QF’s.
T20 Cricket on 00:11 - Jul 20 with 752 viewsSuperhoops2808

T20 Cricket on 16:33 - Jul 19 by WestonsuperR

I’ve introduced my son and other family members to cricket through T20, we are Somerset fans so were lucky enough to see us win the Blast last season. Great format of the game that I thoroughly enjoy, just shame the tournament will lose a bit of momentum this season with a break until the QF’s.

I wonder how many of you Slurry lovers enjoyed tonights game when a very below par performing Kent team this season royally took you apart.

Just got home from Canterbury and not enjoyed a match so much as I did tonight. When I looked at the Internationals in the Surry side I do wonder whether you will soon become an England XI - Very much the Man City of cricket so nice to see you put back in your box
T20 Cricket on 07:57 - Jul 20 with 661 viewsstowmarketrange

T20 Cricket on 00:11 - Jul 20 by Superhoops2808

I wonder how many of you Slurry lovers enjoyed tonights game when a very below par performing Kent team this season royally took you apart.

Just got home from Canterbury and not enjoyed a match so much as I did tonight. When I looked at the Internationals in the Surry side I do wonder whether you will soon become an England XI - Very much the Man City of cricket so nice to see you put back in your box

Congratulations on your win last night,but if you look at the table you’ll see which team has performed better over the 14 games,rather than just the one.
As for being the Man City of cricket,are you saying that Kent wouldn’t invest in a better squad if the situations were reversed?Is it Surrey’s fault that they have a home ground that is a venue where test matches are annually held?
They do what 17 other counties would do in similar circumstances.
T20 Cricket on 15:03 - Jul 20 with 575 viewsMedwayR

T20 Cricket on 07:57 - Jul 20 by stowmarketrange

Congratulations on your win last night,but if you look at the table you’ll see which team has performed better over the 14 games,rather than just the one.
As for being the Man City of cricket,are you saying that Kent wouldn’t invest in a better squad if the situations were reversed?Is it Surrey’s fault that they have a home ground that is a venue where test matches are annually held?
They do what 17 other counties would do in similar circumstances.

Hopefully the plans for Beckenham come to fruition and enable Kent to narrow the gap.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024