Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? 09:24 - Jun 19 with 2318 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Despite talk of a supermajority and Labour triumphantly sweeping in on a wave of votes on July 4th the latest yougov poll has them only sitting on 36% which is a whole 4% lower than the percentage Corbyn achieved in 2017.

https://yougov.co.uk/elections/uk/2024

If this poll is accurate it’s a quite pathetic performance from Starmer, Rayner et al. you would think or hope that they would be taking full advantage of the disarray in the Tory ranks and we’d be seeing a surge in Labour voting intention. But there seems little appetite to vote for Labour either. They’re losing support if anything.

It’s quite a sorry state of affairs all around to be honest.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:28 - Jun 19 with 724 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

37% they are sitting on - typo.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:30 - Jun 19 with 717 viewsonehunglow

Never known p9litics to be so benign

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:31 - Jun 19 with 711 viewsbuilthjack

Right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:47 - Jun 19 with 703 viewsJumpingJackFlash

The key here is that it’s over twice as much as the Conservatives.

First past the post rewards the winners out of all proportion and the bigger the gap the more extremely out of proportion it becomes.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:53 - Jun 19 with 687 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:31 - Jun 19 by builthjack

Right.

Thank you for your contribution.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:56 - Jun 19 with 680 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:53 - Jun 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We used to have a word thingy

Right….on

Left….behind

Etc

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:02 - Jun 19 with 673 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:47 - Jun 19 by JumpingJackFlash

The key here is that it’s over twice as much as the Conservatives.

First past the post rewards the winners out of all proportion and the bigger the gap the more extremely out of proportion it becomes.

Yeah I’m still not sold on PR but the current system just ensures the two big parties keep dominance.

The Tories absolutely deserve to be wiped out they’ve been shambolic, but it’s strange that Labour are unwilling or unable to maximise the situation.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:12 - Jun 19 with 668 viewsonehunglow

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:02 - Jun 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Yeah I’m still not sold on PR but the current system just ensures the two big parties keep dominance.

The Tories absolutely deserve to be wiped out they’ve been shambolic, but it’s strange that Labour are unwilling or unable to maximise the situation.

It has to be complacency Joesus.
They have to simply allow the conservatives to lose it,which they are .
Sunak,Johnson,Truss,May,Cameron is quite a horror list

Login to get fewer ads

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:23 - Jun 19 with 656 viewsWingstandwood

I reckon its going to be the most surreal election victory for any political party ever. The total opposite of Blairs and Thatchers victories.

No outpouring of emotions, optimism, and joy. But more a case of apathy and nothing much besides! A case of "oh another lot are now in charge" and thats about it.

Argus!

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:26 - Jun 19 with 649 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:12 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

It has to be complacency Joesus.
They have to simply allow the conservatives to lose it,which they are .
Sunak,Johnson,Truss,May,Cameron is quite a horror list

Starmer has been fighting a negative ' they are crap campaign ' for years, his manifesto is opaque. I fear we may be in a similar position to the last election in voting in the option that seems least bad.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:33 - Jun 19 with 644 viewsbuilthjack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 09:53 - Jun 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

That's all I needed to say.
I can say more, like it will be the biggest majority in over 80 years.
Labour will have over 300 more seats than the Tories.
Just accept it. 7 or 8 people on here constantly harping on about Labour isn't going to make any difference. I fact its laughable.
Tories don't take defeat well. There are tears on The Wirral, every night. Suck it up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:48 - Jun 19 with 621 viewsraynor94

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:33 - Jun 19 by builthjack

Just accept it. 7 or 8 people on here constantly harping on about Labour isn't going to make any difference. I fact its laughable.
Tories don't take defeat well. There are tears on The Wirral, every night. Suck it up.

I have no time for Sunak or Tories, but do you honestly belive things will be better under Starmer,he has got to be the most uninspiring leader I can remember.

Starmer isn't winning the Election the Tories are doing a grand job In handing it to him on a plate

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 11:30 - Jun 19 with 592 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

So we shouldn’t be free to analyse or highlight the obvious shortcomings of the party that is likely to form the government for the next decade at least because you said so?

No. It’s important we talk about how shite they are.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 11:55 - Jun 19 with 575 viewsScotia

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 10:48 - Jun 19 by raynor94

I have no time for Sunak or Tories, but do you honestly belive things will be better under Starmer,he has got to be the most uninspiring leader I can remember.

Starmer isn't winning the Election the Tories are doing a grand job In handing it to him on a plate

Things will be better under Starmer for the sole reason that they can't be worse. The Tories over the last 14 years have probably beeen the worst government in UK history.

Starmer doesn't need to do anything except site back and watch the catostrophe of the Tories play out in front of him.

I'd like to think that now Farage has started spouting BS he'll step up to the mark.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:06 - Jun 19 with 541 viewscontroversial_jack

It's about policies not personalities, this isn't the US
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:22 - Jun 19 with 540 viewsWhiterockin

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:06 - Jun 19 by controversial_jack

Would Reform be as popular without Farage.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:50 - Jun 19 with 500 viewsScotia

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:22 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

No. Definitely not.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:53 - Jun 19 with 498 viewsWingstandwood

Indeed they are handing it on a plate to the opposition! Another record broken for small boat arrivals broken again I see.

882 arrived yesterday!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c2vv4j87n5wo#:~:text=Nearly%20900%20migrants
[Post edited 19 Jun 12:54]

Argus!

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:54 - Jun 19 with 467 viewscontroversial_jack

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:22 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

Reform , is Farage. Apparently. it's a limited company and not a political party. He's the main shareholder, he appointed himself leader, there are no members and nobody votes on the leadership. He is a dictator in waiting, not that he will get anywhere near power
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:55 - Jun 19 with 493 viewsraynor94

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 12:06 - Jun 19 by controversial_jack

Ok Captain Opposite

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:02 - Jun 19 with 467 viewsmajorraglan

The big difference between 2017 and now is that in 2017 UKIP polled around 2% of the vote, Reform is polling around 16% which will impact on both the labour vote and Conservative vote. Without Reform, both parties share of the vote would be a lot higher.
Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:14 - Jun 19 with 453 viewsWhiterockin

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:02 - Jun 19 by majorraglan

The big difference between 2017 and now is that in 2017 UKIP polled around 2% of the vote, Reform is polling around 16% which will impact on both the labour vote and Conservative vote. Without Reform, both parties share of the vote would be a lot higher.

I think with a little more momentum the figure could go a lot higher than 16%. If voters start to think a Reform vote will carry weight, more people will back it.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:30 - Jun 19 with 430 viewsKeithHaynes

The Labour Party are no longer the party we knew prior to Michael Foot, the real opposition for the ‘working class’ and also in Govt. Callaghan, Wilson, Benn are history. The party now is no different to the Tory’s. More importantly Tory MP’s are defecting to Reform UK, four yesterday, there’s a revolution in UK politics happening. And as long as the left describe Reform as Nazi’s, fascists and other unsuitable descriptions, the more people will laugh at them and their desperation to undermine what real fascists are.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:33 - Jun 19 with 424 viewsonehunglow

No tears in this household.
I’ve told you before so don’t play dumb
Read my critique on Sunak and predecessors then come back and tell me I’m a Tory boy.

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 419 viewsWhiterockin

Labour less popular now than under Corbyn? on 13:30 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

The Labour Party are no longer the party we knew prior to Michael Foot, the real opposition for the ‘working class’ and also in Govt. Callaghan, Wilson, Benn are history. The party now is no different to the Tory’s. More importantly Tory MP’s are defecting to Reform UK, four yesterday, there’s a revolution in UK politics happening. And as long as the left describe Reform as Nazi’s, fascists and other unsuitable descriptions, the more people will laugh at them and their desperation to undermine what real fascists are.

"And as long as the left describe Reform as Nazi’s, fascists and other unsuitable descriptions, the more people will laugh at them and their desperation to undermine what real fascists are."

And as a result more people IMO will vote Reform, times are changing by the day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024