Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 203778 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 20:56 - Jul 29 with 1973 viewsted_hendrix

General Election Thread on 18:25 - Jul 29 by Sonofpugwash

Just taken away pensioners' winter fuel payments.
Gotta keep Ukraine warm don't we.

From this autumn, those not on pension credit or other means-tested benefits will no longer get the payments.

I/we are therefore going to be down £200 PA which Is fine by me, multiply that by some Ten Million odd Pensioners like me and that's a lot of money that can be put to better use In the Country.

Not all Pensioners are Odd.............................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

General Election Thread on 21:57 - Jul 29 with 1838 viewsLblock

General Election Thread on 20:45 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

If the copper can lose his composure that easily then he shouldn't be allowed to have a gun FFS

As others have said all the people involved should go to prison .

Pray tell at what point you are allowed to “lose composure”?

Maybe it’s after the number of blows landed on you reaches a dozen
Possibly not at the point of broken nose, hold off if cheekbones broken as well as nose but if jaw added to the list then it’s allowed.

I hope the OB didn’t lose composure
I’d hope the head kick was a conscious decision to fully immobilise a potential threat to his life, the lives of his colleagues and also the public at large

Having seen the build up to it I feel actions justified

I’ll caveat that with my position changing if even further extended video comes out showing the OB randomly harassing a geezer based on nothing more than his skin colour and way he was dressed. If that shows him being needlessly assaulted by three angry coppers then it’s a totally different ball game.
Stake my house on no such video existing

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

General Election Thread on 22:10 - Jul 29 with 1806 viewsRangersw12

General Election Thread on 21:57 - Jul 29 by Lblock

Pray tell at what point you are allowed to “lose composure”?

Maybe it’s after the number of blows landed on you reaches a dozen
Possibly not at the point of broken nose, hold off if cheekbones broken as well as nose but if jaw added to the list then it’s allowed.

I hope the OB didn’t lose composure
I’d hope the head kick was a conscious decision to fully immobilise a potential threat to his life, the lives of his colleagues and also the public at large

Having seen the build up to it I feel actions justified

I’ll caveat that with my position changing if even further extended video comes out showing the OB randomly harassing a geezer based on nothing more than his skin colour and way he was dressed. If that shows him being needlessly assaulted by three angry coppers then it’s a totally different ball game.
Stake my house on no such video existing

Kicking a defenceless person whilst they are on the floor is never justified regardless of what happened.

He is a supposed to be upholding the law and is in charge of a firearm for christ sake and should be better than that .

He should quite rightly lose his job and go to prison .
General Election Thread on 22:22 - Jul 29 with 1753 viewsLblock

General Election Thread on 22:10 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

Kicking a defenceless person whilst they are on the floor is never justified regardless of what happened.

He is a supposed to be upholding the law and is in charge of a firearm for christ sake and should be better than that .

Have to agree to disagree

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

General Election Thread on 22:27 - Jul 29 with 1738 viewscolinallcars

Back in the days of Dick of Doxon Green, I imagine I could have been a copper nicking a few “barrer boys” for not having a licence.
Nowadays the police are up against absolute scum. I don't know how people expect the police to act like gentlemen in face of such barbarity.
Could you do it ? No, me neither.
General Election Thread on 22:28 - Jul 29 with 1737 viewsStJude82

General Election Thread on 22:10 - Jul 29 by Rangersw12

It looked terrible but how many of us in that situation would be composed? Besides which he'd just taken one hell of a beating around the head and was almost certainly semi-concussed, at least. Modern Britain seems to think that the police should be able to arrest people without hurting them. This is unmitigated cobblers.
General Election Thread on 22:33 - Jul 29 with 1719 viewsCamberleyR

General Election Thread on 18:25 - Jul 29 by Sonofpugwash

Just taken away pensioners' winter fuel payments.
Gotta keep Ukraine warm don't we.

Down to the Tories spending money they didn't have like the cuts to National Insurance...

Hunt's been well and truly found out.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

General Election Thread on 22:42 - Jul 29 with 1696 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Having watched the build up to it he f'kin deserved it.

He probably thought he wouldn't be touched.

Yeah he was on the ground but he broke a ladies nose. Justice was served in my opinion. Hopefully the copper gets a slight reprimand.

My ex-girlfriends brother was a copper (maybe still is) he told me someone tried to stab him so he hit him with his big torch in the head neutralized him...got repremanded for it.

That was a good few years ago.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 22:45 - Jul 29 with 1695 viewsSonic_Hoop

General Election Thread on 22:33 - Jul 29 by CamberleyR

Down to the Tories spending money they didn't have like the cuts to National Insurance...

Hunt's been well and truly found out.

It is and it isn't. It's because of a decision made to follow the budgetary constraints set out by the Tories. It was obvious we were in for more austerity economics with Starmer & Reeves, they've simply had to reconcile their frankly uninspiring plans for public investment with the reality of what they've inherited.

It's not like people weren't warned they were voting for pretty much more of the same with Labour.
General Election Thread on 22:47 - Jul 29 with 1695 viewsRangersw12

General Election Thread on 22:28 - Jul 29 by StJude82

It looked terrible but how many of us in that situation would be composed? Besides which he'd just taken one hell of a beating around the head and was almost certainly semi-concussed, at least. Modern Britain seems to think that the police should be able to arrest people without hurting them. This is unmitigated cobblers.

No I wouldn't be composed but then I'm not a police officer so not expected to be , we should also be holding the police to a higher standard than a " normal " person .

The fella has just been tasered so yes he could have easily put the cuffs on but no he decided to kick him in the head so will hopefully face the consequences.
General Election Thread on 22:55 - Jul 29 with 1655 viewsQPR_John

General Election Thread on 20:56 - Jul 29 by ted_hendrix

From this autumn, those not on pension credit or other means-tested benefits will no longer get the payments.

I/we are therefore going to be down £200 PA which Is fine by me, multiply that by some Ten Million odd Pensioners like me and that's a lot of money that can be put to better use In the Country.

Not all Pensioners are Odd.............................

You seem to be suggesting that some pensioners will not miss the winter fuel allowance and you are quit happy for it to be means tested. Of course the same logic could apply to the actual state pension are you happy for that to be means tested.
General Election Thread on 23:12 - Jul 29 with 1592 viewscolinallcars

General Election Thread on 22:55 - Jul 29 by QPR_John

You seem to be suggesting that some pensioners will not miss the winter fuel allowance and you are quit happy for it to be means tested. Of course the same logic could apply to the actual state pension are you happy for that to be means tested.

I think the difference lies in the state pension being a “contract between the ages”
I paid for my father's pension, my son pays for mine.
Thus, means testing would be inappropriate.
General Election Thread on 00:19 - Jul 30 with 1514 viewskensalriser

General Election Thread on 22:27 - Jul 29 by colinallcars

Back in the days of Dick of Doxon Green, I imagine I could have been a copper nicking a few “barrer boys” for not having a licence.
Nowadays the police are up against absolute scum. I don't know how people expect the police to act like gentlemen in face of such barbarity.
Could you do it ? No, me neither.

Nowadays?

People rucking with the police is hardly new. Surely you went to a few football matches in the 70s and 80s. And it wasn't new then, either.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

General Election Thread on 00:34 - Jul 30 with 1492 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 00:19 - Jul 30 by kensalriser

Nowadays?

People rucking with the police is hardly new. Surely you went to a few football matches in the 70s and 80s. And it wasn't new then, either.

Hence why I suppose a few of us are rightly or wrongly desensitised to this kind of thing. And in one case maybe particularly anti-police. The kick is certainly naughty, don't think anybody would deny that, but the general lack of faith in the police these days frustrates people.

You also don't see people who imply the police are deliberately marginalising people being called "conspiracy theorists" - their concerns are taken seriously. And yet as a result of all this bullshit, it seems to many, the only people who are really policed in this country these days are those of us who consent to it and generally follow the law.

Those who don't, as this mob didn't, ended up being dealt with by police behaving in a civilian manner. Good. Far too often these days, police turn the other cheek while these types who completely disregard the law get away with it.

And yet we'll continue to hound the police like this - They'll continue to shrug and blame it on a lack of mental health services (Which in most cases means lock these cnts up in the nut house) - And nothing will improve.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 06:11 - Jul 30 with 1396 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 00:34 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

Hence why I suppose a few of us are rightly or wrongly desensitised to this kind of thing. And in one case maybe particularly anti-police. The kick is certainly naughty, don't think anybody would deny that, but the general lack of faith in the police these days frustrates people.

You also don't see people who imply the police are deliberately marginalising people being called "conspiracy theorists" - their concerns are taken seriously. And yet as a result of all this bullshit, it seems to many, the only people who are really policed in this country these days are those of us who consent to it and generally follow the law.

Those who don't, as this mob didn't, ended up being dealt with by police behaving in a civilian manner. Good. Far too often these days, police turn the other cheek while these types who completely disregard the law get away with it.

And yet we'll continue to hound the police like this - They'll continue to shrug and blame it on a lack of mental health services (Which in most cases means lock these cnts up in the nut house) - And nothing will improve.

Sheffield, please don't jump to conclusions with the latest video from Manchester airport...

3rd item on the Radio 2 5pm news last night, (after the Huw Edwards category 'A' pictures and the Southport Outrage), was that "The BBC are still unable to verfiy the authenticity of the video'

In other news, the BBC are still trying to verify the existence of central nervous sytems in human beings , and that Elton John has never , ever been caught in a public toilet w anking off hairless young men into a diamond encrusted jacobean Chalice, while wearing a Rhinestone Tiara.
[Post edited 30 Jul 7:52]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

General Election Thread on 07:41 - Jul 30 with 1316 viewsDiscodroids

Theres no doubt that the last so called government have left a stella mass shift of a black hole in the finances of this island.

I'd imagine paying millions of peoples up to £2,500 per month to stay at home and play soft tip darts during covid had some bearing, as did their appaling lack of control concerning safeguarding covid fraud payments, which they lost control of in totality. Incompetence most foul.

Yet I never thought i'd see the day where the leftist dojo politique of this country would roar their approval at evidently fiscal well off 'means tested' pensioners, having their winter fuel allowance removed.

To certain Tranches of the left It now seems the term 'means tested' is acceptable but of course that term it is an anathema when it comes to any other kind of benefit that the left approves of, i.e all of them .

If it was the tories announcing this cut the burning white light of magnesium in a petri dish rage would last a thousand years.

Event horizon hypocrisy.
[Post edited 30 Jul 11:27]

General Election Thread on 09:50 - Jul 30 with 1177 viewsEsox_Lucius

A pension is a deferred salary NOT a benefit. That only happened when the government changed the terminology; that doesn't make a blind bit of difference to it being a deferred salary. Decades of wage negotiations were conducted on that premise.

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 10:08 - Jul 30 with 1134 viewsQPR_John

General Election Thread on 23:12 - Jul 29 by colinallcars

I think the difference lies in the state pension being a “contract between the ages”
I paid for my father's pension, my son pays for mine.
Thus, means testing would be inappropriate.

But not out of the question for this government.
General Election Thread on 10:35 - Jul 30 with 1039 viewsBostonR

General Election Thread on 10:08 - Jul 30 by QPR_John

In her latter years due to onset of dementia my family moved my Mum into a care home. It was a wonderful environment with a mix of clients that had their care paid for by the local authority and some paid for privately.
What struck me was that every person in the care home received their WFA irrespective of the fact they were being cared for in a warm and caring environment.
I could see no valid reason why that benefit was being paid in those circumstances. At some point we have to have a grown up discussion on benefits and who qualifies. For me work should always pay and we should be tougher in that respect. But does a family of two with a joint income over £100K really need child benefit?
General Election Thread on 11:02 - Jul 30 with 998 viewsSonofpugwash

More U turns than a car park on a saturday night.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 11:23 - Jul 30 with 930 viewsDiscodroids

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

its fantastical to my 5 known senses that SOME on the Left, cavalierly dismiss the loss of the winter fuel allowance for up to 10m pensioners as “they can afford it”.

Some can. Some can't. I've no idea how hard it will hit Flo and norman and how they will manage with the winter fuel allowance removal, but it   reeks to high heaven of jealous raging fury at pensioners that have worked and saved all their fu cking lives.

I may be wrong but i read that You only need an income of £12K pa to be denied the winter fuel allowance now , furthermore , and the The bit which really grinds my gears into dust, is that the MPs, in their advanced state of impoverishment, still hang on to their heating allowance of (I think) 3.4k a year.

I also believe Disabled pensioners receiving PIP are not entitled to pension credits, they will also lose their winter allowances.

hypocrisy beyond the plasma pool. Beyond the known parameters of the flesh . 
[Post edited 30 Jul 11:41]

General Election Thread on 11:34 - Jul 30 with 892 viewscolinallcars

General Election Thread on 10:08 - Jul 30 by QPR_John

Nice to see you've given them a chance !
General Election Thread on 11:53 - Jul 30 with 826 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 06:11 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

Sheffield, please don't jump to conclusions with the latest video from Manchester airport...

3rd item on the Radio 2 5pm news last night, (after the Huw Edwards category 'A' pictures and the Southport Outrage), was that "The BBC are still unable to verfiy the authenticity of the video'

In other news, the BBC are still trying to verify the existence of central nervous sytems in human beings , and that Elton John has never , ever been caught in a public toilet w anking off hairless young men into a diamond encrusted jacobean Chalice, while wearing a Rhinestone Tiara.
[Post edited 30 Jul 7:52]

I can't bring myself to look into the details of that Southport thing yet mate. Hits me hard these days, the little bit I've heard is enough, I don't wanna know any more.

I'm sure it is all entirely predictable and something we were assured would never happen, now happening a lot. I doubt any of the LFW Libs will have the chutzpah to go down the "And here's why it's a good thing:" route, but the silence around these events tells you all you need to know. Tacit acceptance. Fcked mate.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

General Election Thread on 11:56 - Jul 30 with 2232 viewsLazyFan

General Election Thread on 11:23 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

its fantastical to my 5 known senses that SOME on the Left, cavalierly dismiss the loss of the winter fuel allowance for up to 10m pensioners as “they can afford it”.

Some can. Some can't. I've no idea how hard it will hit Flo and norman and how they will manage with the winter fuel allowance removal, but it   reeks to high heaven of jealous raging fury at pensioners that have worked and saved all their fu cking lives.

I may be wrong but i read that You only need an income of £12K pa to be denied the winter fuel allowance now , furthermore , and the The bit which really grinds my gears into dust, is that the MPs, in their advanced state of impoverishment, still hang on to their heating allowance of (I think) 3.4k a year.

I also believe Disabled pensioners receiving PIP are not entitled to pension credits, they will also lose their winter allowances.

hypocrisy beyond the plasma pool. Beyond the known parameters of the flesh . 
[Post edited 30 Jul 11:41]

Please do not associate this policy with the left, it's firmly with the pro-capitalists.

All this talk of black holes in budgets is based upon the so-called "Fiscal Rules". What are these must not go against rules? They are rules invented by the Tories, and they are utter garbage.

If we changed to new rules away from these, we would no longer need to cut the allowance as we would not need to meet these old Tory rules. Where does the money come from then?

Either you tax the rich, or you borrow it. It's that simple.
Well, you can also stop paying for PPE that's faulty. Stop paying almost £1bn for Rwanda which would never work and if did would only do it for a small percentage. Stop paying gazillions on housing aslyum seekers in private hotels or even on a barge or using up army barracks (which could be give to homeless veterans instead) and actually build proper accommodation for everyone (even our own) to actually ... wait for it ... save money!

There are many other approaches to investing to cut costs and get a return. Dumping PFI, for example, is another, along with NOT bailing out train companies.

But back to the point. Yes, cutting the allowance is totally wrong and is not left-wing. As I have stated before, Starmer and his lot are Blairites and, therefore, pro-capital. This is an austerity policy and we know these don't work. Sure, they get a quick fix of money, but then what? So, you see, this is how we know it's an austerity policy and not even one for growth, as Starmer claims. This is actually a proper pro-capital policy that the Tories would have loved to do but could not, as that would have lost them votes in their base. We know the right pro-capitalists will be vanking themselves silly at this austerity policy and doubly so, as they will be able to try and claim this is left-wing. Everyone knows Starmer is closer to Truss than Corbyn.

As I have also stated, Starmer is a liar and he will do this as will his cronies, again and again. Mark my words, call him TFS. Two-Faced Starmer. You cannot trust this guy and the real left has been warning about him since day 1.

They have been clever, they have resolved some of the strike issues, but this is a one-off, when the Unions come back for parity in a few years, the answer will be no and then we shall have strikes. They have identified that new homes must be built as this will get many votes if they do it. They won't. It will fail to deliver the 1.5m homes as it relies on the private sector, which has failed to do that time and again, regardless of planning rules (which is just a lame excuse).

They will claim it's impossible, but here is how to do it, as it has already been done before, and it worked.

After WW2, the Labour govt had no money whatsoever a way worse economy than we have now. But they still created the NHS from nothing, they nationalised the railways fully (as it was a disaster during the war and had to be run by central govt or we would have lost the war) and they built 1m homes in the first year of power. Not over five years, but the very first year. They did it by borrowing in a broken economy and through the councils implementing it (not the private sector). Thatcher killed all that and then let the councils sell them off, with no way to replace the stock.

The point is all this talk of there being no money is a complete lie, as a REAL Labour govt after WW2 managed to do all this and way way way more. In addition, it was way harder to do it back then as there was zero infrastructure to baseline on as the country was wrecked due to the war. Then there was the problem of lack of skills due to people dying in the war and so on. There were massive amounts of veterans to look after and all sorts of way more challenging issues than today. We can see with Ukraine how bad a war damages a country. Yet that Labour govt got us out of it and set the standard for the UK for many decades after.

When they say there is no money, they are liars, when they say it cannot be done, they are liars.
We know this as it was done before in way harder times.

TFS (Two-Faced Starmer).

zzzzzzzzzz

General Election Thread on 12:25 - Jul 30 with 2128 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 11:53 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

I can't bring myself to look into the details of that Southport thing yet mate. Hits me hard these days, the little bit I've heard is enough, I don't wanna know any more.

I'm sure it is all entirely predictable and something we were assured would never happen, now happening a lot. I doubt any of the LFW Libs will have the chutzpah to go down the "And here's why it's a good thing:" route, but the silence around these events tells you all you need to know. Tacit acceptance. Fcked mate.

yep, some bastard on twitter flashed up some pictures on my timeline without warning and they flashed across my pupils for about .23 seconds..

It was enough.. it will haunt me forever.

We're entering savage new times, and we're going to have to be strong, if we're going to survive them. Jesus christ.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024