Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 713844 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:03 - Jul 29 with 8305 viewsWatford_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:56 - Jul 29 by DWQPR

A song for our soon to be announced signing

And maybe a vehicle for him…

We can nickname him transit

I was thinking of something to the tune of Da Do Ron Ron but this is better.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:59 - Jul 29 with 7933 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:08 - Jul 29 by E17hoop

Hayden-esque.

Right footed, protects the ball on the turn, spots a long pass well.

Hasn’t he got a less than perfect injury record as well though ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:09 - Jul 29 with 7835 viewsjeffranger

I see the kids are about with stupid comments
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:37 - Jul 30 with 7278 viewsDorse

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:09 - Jul 29 by jeffranger

I see the kids are about with stupid comments

Bastards. That's my gig.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:09 - Jul 30 with 7145 viewsNorthLondonR

Aaaaargh, je ne regrette va-rane?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:29 - Jul 30 with 7008 viewsBeejnewark

'I Ran' by Flock of Seagulls, surely?
[Post edited 30 Jul 8:30]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:36 - Jul 30 with 6945 viewsericgen34

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:26 - Jul 29 by CamberleyR

I'd think his name though is probably pronounced Var-ann.

It is :)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - Jul 30 with 6484 viewsLazyFan

Varane is the Hayden replacement, and Colback is no spring chicken.

I knew we would not sign Hayden, he's too old for the money he's on. No resale value despite his skills. That would have been like a JoJo signing, good for one, maybe two seasons and then worth nothing.

We need players to sell on, as we do not know which will be a selling success (Eze, Armstrong) or a failure (Dozzell, Dickie, Richards). We need to buy several of them cheap and hope some of them come off.

If we only have a few, and they fail (injured, not as good as we thought), then we are screwed with no sales and will drop down the divisions.

With Varane I suspect he's closer to Hayden (or we would not buy him for all that money) and for sure better than Hodge who we had a good look at.

So, now we need forwards as the manager has stated. I am hoping a RW and No. 9. This might be loans though, we shall see.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:05 - Jul 30 with 6288 viewsdmm

I am hoping Varane plays as an 8 rather than a 6 (Hayden) for us. His record suggests that's what he is. We need more progressive passing and runs from our CMs.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:16 - Jul 30 with 6181 viewsMyke

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - Jul 30 by LazyFan

Varane is the Hayden replacement, and Colback is no spring chicken.

I knew we would not sign Hayden, he's too old for the money he's on. No resale value despite his skills. That would have been like a JoJo signing, good for one, maybe two seasons and then worth nothing.

We need players to sell on, as we do not know which will be a selling success (Eze, Armstrong) or a failure (Dozzell, Dickie, Richards). We need to buy several of them cheap and hope some of them come off.

If we only have a few, and they fail (injured, not as good as we thought), then we are screwed with no sales and will drop down the divisions.

With Varane I suspect he's closer to Hayden (or we would not buy him for all that money) and for sure better than Hodge who we had a good look at.

So, now we need forwards as the manager has stated. I am hoping a RW and No. 9. This might be loans though, we shall see.

I don't think we will buy another striker unless one leaves first with Dykes being the obvious option. But after spending money on Celar and imminently Varan I can't imagine there is much more cash floating around. It's a pity the Eze transfer hasn't happened (yet anyway) as we are hamstrung without additional cash. Even if we got £2m for Dykes then you are spending something similar on another striker which could be a hit or a miss.
The other 2 options are loaning in a young prem striker which won't happen until the last few days of the window, or selling JCS for a decent sum (£8m has been mooted) and reinvest a couple of million on another CB and 5 or 6 m on a striker.
I don't think we will bring in another right winger as we have Smyth and Santos.
The key to a successful season ( not fighting relegation) will be a fully fit Chair.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:16 - Jul 30 with 6180 viewsrbee

Hayden would still be a good signing for me. Only just turned 29. He said that he would like to come back to us and on that basis he should be fully aware of the kind of salary that we can offer.

Still has a QPR photo on his X page.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:28 - Jul 30 with 6084 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:16 - Jul 30 by rbee

Hayden would still be a good signing for me. Only just turned 29. He said that he would like to come back to us and on that basis he should be fully aware of the kind of salary that we can offer.

Still has a QPR photo on his X page.

I see him coming back at a last minute loan.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:09 - Jul 30 with 5858 viewsDavieQPR

Technically we made money on the Celar purchase as he cost a fair bit less than what we got for Armstrong.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:43 - Jul 30 with 5629 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:09 - Jul 30 by DavieQPR

Technically we made money on the Celar purchase as he cost a fair bit less than what we got for Armstrong.

Armstrong's rumour was it was only 1.5 upfront. This will be spent on Varane. Celar is from the wages of those we have let go already.

Marti has said Santos is a RB who can also play RM. Therefore, this means Cannon is out. And we also need a first-team RW (as Smyth is not that). We need a proper replacement for Willock, and of course, Frey and Dykes are not good enough as we are now.

Even if Celar is the new Austin, what happens if he gets injured? And this is why Marti has already stated he needs more forwards.

What's interesting to me is that they have started the rebuilding from the back: goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders, and so on. I presume this is to see how much they can save so that at the end of the transfer window, they have a large enough set of money to buy the forwards they want, which, as we know, cost the most.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:44 - Jul 30 with 5626 viewsStanFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:09 - Jul 30 by DavieQPR

And, as I understand it, the money received for Armstrong all counts in this financial year but the fee paid for Celar is spread over the duration of his contract. That helps this season but means that we have a cost hanging over us for future seasons.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:21 - Jul 30 with 5147 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:44 - Jul 30 by StanFan

And, as I understand it, the money received for Armstrong all counts in this financial year but the fee paid for Celar is spread over the duration of his contract. That helps this season but means that we have a cost hanging over us for future seasons.

Makes good sense to do that though especially with the cash flow. Also should the transfer not work out we can move him on without ever paying for him in full.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:49 - Jul 30 with 4651 viewsLowerloftLad

I can see Hayden being signed just before the season starts, if he has not found a club.
[Post edited 30 Jul 15:49]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:29 - Jul 30 with 4415 viewsfraserc

Larkeche has been loaned to Dundee for the season:

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/july/30/larkeche-joins-dundee-on-loan/
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 4264 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:29 - Jul 30 by fraserc

There must be a LB incoming. I can't believe Cifuentes will be happy relying on Fox as cover all season.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:59 - Jul 30 with 4140 viewsE17hoop

Jason Dozzell conning a contract out of Sheffield United apparently.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-set-t

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:03 - Jul 30 with 3592 viewsJimboqpr

Gianluca Frabotta sounds like a possibility as a new LB https://insidefutbol.com/2024/07/30/qpr-line-up-deal-for-serie-a-man-but-must-wa
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:13 - Jul 30 with 3533 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:21 - Jul 30 by rbee

Makes good sense to do that though especially with the cash flow. Also should the transfer not work out we can move him on without ever paying for him in full.

?. Presuming we sell him otherwise any amortisation that's left is condensed into final season and we have to pay balance in full..
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:20 - Jul 30 with 3464 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:03 - Jul 30 by Jimboqpr

Gianluca Frabotta sounds like a possibility as a new LB https://insidefutbol.com/2024/07/30/qpr-line-up-deal-for-serie-a-man-but-must-wa

According to that site it's dependent Watford buying Paal. If it happened as they suggest that would leave us with just one proper LB this season.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:31 - Jul 30 with 3363 viewsHAYESBOY

Think this might be about raising funds for further players as well as getting money for a player in the last year of his contract who possibly is not signing another deal.
Might explain his form in pre season.
This Italian LB is 6'' 2'' as well. More physicality in the back line.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:35 - Jul 30 with 2970 viewsrbee

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:29 - Jul 30 by fraserc

Still only 21 and 38 appearances in to his career. As an attacking full back he certainly tried to get us forward quickly and aggressively.

I suspect that he might be another Ozzie but wish him all the best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024