Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Home Form Is Awful 18:14 - Apr 6 with 2806 viewsNorthantsHoop

Watch it from my seat every home game and just don't feel comfortable and today it happens again. We do look much better away from home and that will be our saviour.
Home Form Is Awful on 18:17 - Apr 6 with 2777 viewsbosh67

It is something, hopefully if we do get over the line this season that we'll have to drastically improve next season. Marti says it in his post match talk today that we just don't start these game quick enough. And to be honest we leave ourselves pretty open at times. Plus the fire power. We don't have any.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Home Form Is Awful on 18:24 - Apr 6 with 2712 viewsDamo1962

Our home form is inexplicable...even given the paucity of our attack. We'd already be down if not for our away results.
Home Form Is Awful on 18:52 - Apr 6 with 2616 viewsted_hendrix

It used to be a bloody fortress now Its a charity shop.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Home Form Is Awful on 19:59 - Apr 6 with 2520 viewsManinBlack

If I was a Portsmouth fan I would be hoping QPR stay up so we get gifted 6 points next season as we love losing to teams who come up from league 1.
Home Form Is Awful on 20:15 - Apr 6 with 2431 viewsstevec

We are clueless at taking games to teams.

It was embarrassing first half watching us trying to turn it into an away game, against a fckin team who’ve been in the bottom three all season.

You can suss us in the first 10 minutes and know when it’s all about to go wrong against sides like Boro and Wednesday. Basically, if they’ve got big lads who can run and put it about a bit, we fold.
Home Form Is Awful on 21:06 - Apr 6 with 2324 viewsNorthantsHoop

Home Form Is Awful on 20:15 - Apr 6 by stevec

We are clueless at taking games to teams.

It was embarrassing first half watching us trying to turn it into an away game, against a fckin team who’ve been in the bottom three all season.

You can suss us in the first 10 minutes and know when it’s all about to go wrong against sides like Boro and Wednesday. Basically, if they’ve got big lads who can run and put it about a bit, we fold.

Some good points I never felt we were actually looking bothered about this game and probably only one chance created, which says a lot.
Home Form Is Awful on 16:45 - Oct 3 with 1485 viewsJuzzie

I know nothing is guaranteed nor should be expected in football but home form really does need addressing.

Last two seasons we have W13 D11 L22 or.... W13, not won 33. 40% home win rate, is that acceptable? I think not.

I want to bring my kids more often but at around £100+ per visit I ain't going to do that if we just keep losing or drawing all the time. This is not about having kids not being able to handle not winning but we would actually like to enjoy the day out. My 6 1/2 year old daughter has been to 4 games (home to Sheff Weds & PNE end of last season, Spurs & Reading in pre-season) and seen 1 win and just 1 goal scored (PNE for both) and she missed that 'cos she was in the toilet!

Wasn't expecting much from the Spurs game and I did warn them of that but Reading away was awful.

There is so much to distract kids these days away from the likes of QPR to being a Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsey etc fan and even the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, PSG (though probably not any more), clubs really need to get their home form in shape otherwise it makes it so much harder to have them want to go again.
Home Form Is Awful on 17:08 - Oct 3 with 1368 viewspaddyhdog

Home Form Is Awful on 16:45 - Oct 3 by Juzzie

I know nothing is guaranteed nor should be expected in football but home form really does need addressing.

Last two seasons we have W13 D11 L22 or.... W13, not won 33. 40% home win rate, is that acceptable? I think not.

I want to bring my kids more often but at around £100+ per visit I ain't going to do that if we just keep losing or drawing all the time. This is not about having kids not being able to handle not winning but we would actually like to enjoy the day out. My 6 1/2 year old daughter has been to 4 games (home to Sheff Weds & PNE end of last season, Spurs & Reading in pre-season) and seen 1 win and just 1 goal scored (PNE for both) and she missed that 'cos she was in the toilet!

Wasn't expecting much from the Spurs game and I did warn them of that but Reading away was awful.

There is so much to distract kids these days away from the likes of QPR to being a Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsey etc fan and even the likes of Barca, Real Madrid, PSG (though probably not any more), clubs really need to get their home form in shape otherwise it makes it so much harder to have them want to go again.

I hear you

I can't make many games, 5 or so per season. When I do I want to bring my 11 yr old lad. But despite loving playing he refuses to watch any more QPR games, in fact he sees it as punishment. And I get it : I've taken him so many times and we play poorly, lose, and atmosphere justifyably rubbish.

I wish we could be even half decent at home, just for a season or two. Feel like I'm missing out on some key bonding moments with my son because of it.

Am a long way from turning on Marti but would say his no 1 priority has to be turning around our home form, sharpish. It's unacceptable and means we're building on sand.
Login to get fewer ads

Home Form Is Awful on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 1330 viewsstevec

Home Form Is Awful on 16:45 - Oct 3 by Juzzie

A lot worse than 40%, win rate is actually 28%.

I doubt if we were even dominant in many of the games we won either. Leeds comes to mind, struggling beyond that.
Home Form Is Awful on 17:29 - Oct 3 with 1272 viewsJuzzie

Home Form Is Awful on 17:15 - Oct 3 by stevec

A lot worse than 40%, win rate is actually 28%.

I doubt if we were even dominant in many of the games we won either. Leeds comes to mind, struggling beyond that.

Whoops, I forgot to add in the actual home wins when calculating! I thought 40% looked high.

28%... ye gods that just emphasises the point more. My kids love the day out we have but boy is the journey home tough.

As with paddyhdog, my son loves playing football. Trains and plays every Saturday & Sunday mornings (U10 level) respectively for out local youth club and is a very integral part of the team (last weejend had a great lobbed goal from the outside of the box not given because the ref didn't see it cross the line. Everyone saw it, even Frank Lampard saw it) but he's getting less inclined to go to QPR.
My daughter loves the day out and hasn't quite got to the the "naaaaah...." stage yet but if home form carries on it will only be a matter of time.
Home Form Is Awful on 17:56 - Oct 3 with 1178 viewsjohnhoop

Just looked back through the fixtures for the last couple of seasons and having missed the Watford game in March 23 but been to all the other home wins I’ve worked out that I’ve seen us win seven times in the two years since October 22.
Makes being an ST holder a pretty miserable experience.
Home Form Is Awful on 17:57 - Oct 3 with 1158 viewsSK_hoops

My dad, a season ticket holder, who goes to practically every game, didn't see us win for about a whole calender year last season and the one before.
Home Form Is Awful on 18:14 - Oct 3 with 1116 viewsMrSheen

Home Form Is Awful on 17:57 - Oct 3 by SK_hoops

My dad, a season ticket holder, who goes to practically every game, didn't see us win for about a whole calender year last season and the one before.

I have an ST and I saw one of our three home wins in 2023, 2-0 over Hull on the 9th of December!
Home Form Is Awful on 18:35 - Oct 3 with 1044 viewsQuite_Possibly_Ropey

Really feeling the same pain as other posters on this, we all are.

My son turned 6 two months ago and absolutely loves us, knows all the players, etc. This year is his first season ticket after going to the odd few home games last season (all Saturday afternoons). Pompey at home will be his 10th match and he is still yet to see a win. He is desperate to see us win and even asked after the Plymouth game why all the other teams seem to win and we don't.

I had to apologise to him and say that I'm sorry to have done this to him. It feels like I have inflicted the Rangers curse on another unsuspecting victim. He's so proud to wear the colours and sing the songs, I just worry about Rangers beating him down!

It's not about just wanting to see wins but loving something shouldn't be this hard should it?! Rangers til we die, no matter what.
Home Form Is Awful on 20:35 - Oct 3 with 822 viewsRangersw12

When was the last season we actually had a good home record ?

Seems to have been terrible for years under various different managers
Home Form Is Awful on 20:37 - Oct 3 with 817 viewsqpr_1968

home form is worrying.....full stop.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Home Form Is Awful on 21:06 - Oct 3 with 701 viewsNorthantsHoop

My original post from 6 months ago and yes I love the Rangers and have done since my Dad took me there in 1973 as a 10 year old supporting the Arsenal who lost to QPR 2-0 and he spent the next two years converting me to be a QPR supporter, of which I have been for 49 years. Now the point is we were always a great home team but have slipped on that front in last few years and until we can get that connection again we will struggle.
[Post edited 3 Oct 21:07]
Home Form Is Awful on 21:45 - Oct 3 with 584 viewsSuperhoop83

I hate to say it but I'm getting 1995/96 vibes. Not a bad side but just too lightweight and not enough goals in the squad.

Suffering since 1978.

Home Form Is Awful on 22:34 - Oct 3 with 451 viewsstainrods_elbow

Home Form Is Awful on 21:45 - Oct 3 by Superhoop83

I hate to say it but I'm getting 1995/96 vibes. Not a bad side but just too lightweight and not enough goals in the squad.

I'm getting bad vibes of your bad vibes. And that side had a top-notch winger in it in Tricky.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024