Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long time lurkers....dont be shy. 22:59 - Jan 6 with 18173 viewsqpr_1968

i've noticed a lot of lurkers looking in over the months/years,

don;t be shy, just introduce yourself on this thread....just say hello.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 02:46 - Sep 2 with 1303 viewsrbee

Some nice posts and stories, thank you everyone, great idea ‘68!

In the spirit of fairness I shall return to lurking 😂
Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 09:07 - Sep 2 with 1030 viewsLancashirehoop

Hi all, been around since 2001 and still got the T-Shirt !- Lancshoop 16 though it's very faded and worn thin now.
Lancashire born and bred but 'adopted' QPR as my team in 1967 - the shirt, Rodney and giant killing history making League Cup win.
I don't post much but read a lot and this site keeps me informed about what's going on, especially on the terraces.
Met a school friend at a reunion in April I hadn't seen since 1974 and the first thing he said was' You still following QPR?' Hope to be at a few games again this season and at least one of my children - all in their 30's will be with me and maybe their partners. Even my wife has started coming with me again -don't know whether that's good or bad!

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 00:58 - Sep 11 with 685 viewsKewPier

OK, another long time lurker emerging from under my rock....grew up in Sandwich, Kent (think golf course, really old buildings and, er sandwiches) but moved to Adelaide, South Australia (wine, churches, serial killers) some 30 years ago. Never miss a game on QPR+, even though my family think I'm crazy to get up in the middle of the night to watch us get pumped by Blackpool....and love keeping in touch thru LFW. I'm coming over next year with my 9 yo for the Cardiff game, I sent him to school the other week on 'wear your sports team shirt' day in a Compaq QPR shirt, poor kid had to explain to everyone what he was wearing. I can just about tolerate a bit of cheddar, but generally think cheese is just milk that has gone off, sorry cheese lovers!
Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 02:33 - Sep 11 with 651 viewsBoston

Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 00:58 - Sep 11 by KewPier

OK, another long time lurker emerging from under my rock....grew up in Sandwich, Kent (think golf course, really old buildings and, er sandwiches) but moved to Adelaide, South Australia (wine, churches, serial killers) some 30 years ago. Never miss a game on QPR+, even though my family think I'm crazy to get up in the middle of the night to watch us get pumped by Blackpool....and love keeping in touch thru LFW. I'm coming over next year with my 9 yo for the Cardiff game, I sent him to school the other week on 'wear your sports team shirt' day in a Compaq QPR shirt, poor kid had to explain to everyone what he was wearing. I can just about tolerate a bit of cheddar, but generally think cheese is just milk that has gone off, sorry cheese lovers!

Kew Pier R..,that's rather good.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 08:47 - Sep 11 with 476 viewssouthernR

Posted a couple of times but in all honesty the brilliance of Clive's write-ups and the quality of many of the posts means I'm happy to read and enjoy without being too active..

Living originally just to the south of London in the late 80's, I had a wealth of teams to choose from Palace, Dons, Fulham, I was taken along to the old Stamford Bridge by my Chelsea supporting mates a few times (horrid ground, vile atmosphere) but landed on QPR and Loftus Road (walk-in, East Paddock- what glorious days they were). It was a time of riches for us Rs fans, Wilson, Bardsley, MacDonald, Impey, Holloway, Barker, Peacock.

Amongst the lowlights many highlights, Zamora at Wembley will live long in the memory.

Saw Austin score his 2nd for Totton last night (probably for the 1st time in my life the chant "we are top of the league" has been sung at a game I'm attending.

Hoping to visit for the first time the fabled Crown and Sceptre for the Pompey game on the 19th, hopefully I can say hello to a few....

Cheese-wise, anything from Snowdonia cheesemakers will do me, black bomber and their chilli variety are fabulous
Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 10:12 - Sep 11 with 362 viewshantssi

Long time lurkers....dont be shy. on 08:47 - Sep 11 by southernR

Posted a couple of times but in all honesty the brilliance of Clive's write-ups and the quality of many of the posts means I'm happy to read and enjoy without being too active..

Living originally just to the south of London in the late 80's, I had a wealth of teams to choose from Palace, Dons, Fulham, I was taken along to the old Stamford Bridge by my Chelsea supporting mates a few times (horrid ground, vile atmosphere) but landed on QPR and Loftus Road (walk-in, East Paddock- what glorious days they were). It was a time of riches for us Rs fans, Wilson, Bardsley, MacDonald, Impey, Holloway, Barker, Peacock.

Amongst the lowlights many highlights, Zamora at Wembley will live long in the memory.

Saw Austin score his 2nd for Totton last night (probably for the 1st time in my life the chant "we are top of the league" has been sung at a game I'm attending.

Hoping to visit for the first time the fabled Crown and Sceptre for the Pompey game on the 19th, hopefully I can say hello to a few....

Cheese-wise, anything from Snowdonia cheesemakers will do me, black bomber and their chilli variety are fabulous

Sounds like you’re from my part of the world (Fareham)!
Had my first visit to the C&S after the Preston game last season.
Can’t make the Pompey game unfortunately as I’m seeing the Australian Pink Floyd at the Portsmouth Guildhall that evening and won’t get back in time!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024