Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock the 95th minute substitution 17:29 - Oct 28 with 6634 viewsnumptydumpty

If you are a decent man manager, people you don't rate or like, you do not humiliate them every week for humiliations sake.

That's pathetic man management and why on earth is he never asked these questions in post match interviews.

If he is against him no point having him on the bench.

From the outside in, this is the actions of someone who holds a grudge but as a tactic in a professional game. Why ???
[Post edited 28 Oct 2023 17:29]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 08:41 - Oct 29 with 1053 viewssilverbirch

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 03:59 - Oct 29 by Hoopsie

But he did make it, on the 95th minute

I think this thread asks why did he do what he did if not to “humiliate” Willock

Unless I am mistaken?

I was responding to numpty dumpty’s comment about making the attacking sub immediately after the sending off.
Making the same sub soon after we go behind makes more sense.
Making it in the 95th minute makes no sense to me in the context of the game (- happy now?)

Please continue to point out where, in your opinion, I stray too far from the thread topic.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 08:56 - Oct 29 with 1003 viewsQPR_Jim

I assumed Ainsworth was doing it to protect Willock, he gave him longer last season like against Coventry and he was passing the ball to the opposition and flapping his arms about which won't help him get another club.

The Willock you all seem to be talking about is a previous incarnation of the player, he's not played like that for a long while.

There's a lot of talk about standards at the club but your not going to change that if you give players a free pass to put in minimal effort in training or games and prioritise their evening plans over playing and still put them in the starting 11 because of performances they gave 12 months ago. Part of the reset that most are calling for will come with a bit of pain before the gain of raised standards.

If Kelman is doing enough in training to keep Willock out then to me that shows how little effort he's putting in because talent wise it shouldn't even be a comparison.

Hope the next manager can get more out of him.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 13:18 - Oct 29 with 837 viewssilverbirch

Maybe Willock signed the extension on the proviso that he makes a certain number of appearances or gets paid compensation
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 15:41 - Oct 29 with 761 viewsgolborne

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 23:29 - Oct 28 by silverbirch

So, we go a man down, while drawing with the best team in the league, and you’d make an attacking substitution? Bold. I don’t think ainsworth is in the minority in thinking this isn’t the best approach.

No, you put field into an advanced position. Maybe field had gone rogue, or maybe he put him there to press them and speed up the game, but whoever and whatever, it was bizarre as fields legs had gone
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 15:45 - Oct 29 with 752 viewsdaveB

I've found the treatment of Willock bizarre, I know he will probably go for nothing in the summer but this refusal to play him has not helped at all, players are not going to buy into a manager if they are never picked, he started about 5 games under Ainsworth
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 15:49 - Oct 29 with 741 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 15:45 - Oct 29 by daveB

I've found the treatment of Willock bizarre, I know he will probably go for nothing in the summer but this refusal to play him has not helped at all, players are not going to buy into a manager if they are never picked, he started about 5 games under Ainsworth

Million dollar question Dave will Willock be in the starting 11 next Saturday under the new man .
If yes then it proves GA did not want him and put his dislike for CW above the team and that is unforgivable IMo.
Willock looks a bit fitter running on to the field to my eyes but maybe its just an optical illusion . Either way he must have something to contribute to our cause lets find out
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 16:42 - Oct 29 with 665 viewsQPROslo

I'd have started Willock, even on his recent form, rather than Kelman because he is still more capable of holding onto the ball than most of the players in our squad. We needed that when we have so little possession to take some of the pressure off the back 7/8 defenders. I'd have certainly made that sub after Dozzell's stupidity for the same reasons, but even more necessary. To then put him on with just a couple of minutes to go seems as dumb as Dozzell's 2 yellows or Colbakk getting a suspension giving yellow, which with Dozzell out too leaves us with a decimated midfield and probably central defence in the big game with Rotherham next week.
Willock the 95th minute substitution on 16:48 - Oct 29 with 635 viewsLordPork

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 18:56 - Oct 28 by numptydumpty

Why does Nick London not ask the question in his interview, you have put Willock on for last couple minutes injury time now on four separate occasions. What's the reasoning behind this.

Bit sad he not asked the question

Feel it deserves a response from Ainsworth.

exactly, a simple basic question that's relevant please, rather than that brown nosing drivel we usually get....
Login to get fewer ads

Willock the 95th minute substitution on 16:57 - Oct 29 with 621 viewsjohncharles

But Willock seems quite happy with the situation……. Sitting on his arse and counting his money.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 18:15]

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024