Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dad passed away 11:55 - Jul 20 with 7017 viewsstantheman10

Sorry for this post but yesterday I lost my dad one day short of his 90th birthday. He'd been an R's supporter for 85 years. Due to ill health the last Rangers game he saw live was the play off final win in 2014 which I took him to so I will always have that memory.
Dad passed away on 07:37 - Jul 21 with 631 viewsMonkey_Roots

Sorry for your loss mate
Dad passed away on 07:43 - Jul 21 with 622 viewsStreathamRanger

Sorry for your loss. My dad died in February. I hope you have family and friends around to look after you.
Dad passed away on 09:19 - Jul 21 with 587 viewsSonofpugwash

Sorry to hear about your dad.
Stay strong fella.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Dad passed away on 09:36 - Jul 21 with 579 viewsdaveB

Sorry for your loss, at least his last game was a great one and something you were able to share together
Dad passed away on 09:37 - Jul 21 with 577 viewsAndybrat

Dad passed away on 19:00 - Jul 20 by E15Hoop

I'd like to add my name to the well-wishers, STM.
If there's some helpful advice I can give, it would be don't try to force away your grief. Be prepared for when it catches you unawares and just stay with your feelings.
Coming to LR is going to get you like that for a while, because of all the associations you'll have with your Dad there. Don't try to squash the feelings down - just let them happen and accept it will feel weird for a while.
Eventually, the pain will fade and you'll be left with a wealth of happy memories - particularly "Zamora Day" by the sound of it!

Totally agree with E15, lost Dad ( my hero) 5 years ago and sort of spurred me on to get a season ticket again after many years of playing on a Saturday and a career that made it unfair on my family to go to every home game. Now I have partly retired I sit where we used to sit and park where we used to park ( near the C&S) and every time the team comes out I am close to tears, which surprises me every time. Explained to Mrs Andybrat and she totally understands and says that it is a good thing. And dad would be pleased. Churning up while writing this but LR is in all our hearts one way or other.
Dad passed away on 09:41 - Jul 21 with 568 viewsrobith

You should never apologise for taking up space and expressing grief.

Very sorry for your loss my man. It never stops hurting, but the balance of grief and fond recollection comes back towards you in time.
Dad passed away on 10:22 - Jul 21 with 530 viewsslmrstid

Sorry to read sir, all the best to you and your family.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024