Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop 20:43 - Apr 27 with 8711 viewsDiscodroids

I'm Seeing Post John Foxx fronted Ultravox in a couple of days in Southed. 'er Indoors Will insist on dragging me out to socialize When im quite content to revel in my own farraday cage of self pity. God Bless Jo.

.. ..I'm Kind of looking forward to injection moulding My 38" waist , Fat Carcass into some Caharrt Jeans and lava lamp gut into a Red Or Dead polo top only to look like a big breasted petri dish bunk up offspring of Bernard Bresslaw and diana doors in a tank top, but f uck it i'm going out. I'm Going out. Wish Me Luck.

It matters not that i now look like Grouty From 'Porridge' and can wear denis rousseau Kaftans as a snug fit. Im Going out.

Outside of the Chicago House Dojo, 12" singles were unheard of... In the uK, In the Strontiumdog ashes of New Orders floppy disc Die Cut 'Blue Monday' 12" extended masterpiece, acting as the launchpad 39a Of a Electonic/New Wave 12" Vinyl tesseract, A new age was spawned . The 12" Single came to be. Ultravox played their part in the creation of the 12" single.

The golden Age of the 12" . We had it all.

I hope Midge dosent whip out those pointy sideburns. Oh well, driving mini moog baselines , Booze and the love of a good woman. Whats not to love.

Post yourConcrete slabs of 12" wonderment here... Right here Right Now.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 21:12]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 09:00 - Apr 28 with 1923 viewsSuperhoop83

Great thread!

Suffering since 1978.

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 09:24 - Apr 28 with 1902 viewshubble

One of my all time faves

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The Birth of the 12 on 09:35 - Apr 28 with 1883 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What a wonderful thread Disco. Some crackers on here already but this double sider from the Wild Swans is worth a mention.

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 23:09 - Apr 28 with 1819 viewsmerseyhoop

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:03 - Apr 27 by Discodroids

The Duke .A number One.

12" Uk Born.

[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 21:29]

Great thread,

class tunes, takes me back to my youth of trawling through record shops
The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 23:17 - Apr 28 with 1817 viewsmerseyhoop

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 23:57 - Apr 28 with 1805 viewshubble

I was in Liverpool early 80s, saw all those bands - even got to become friends with Pete Wiley briefly - was a weird and wonderful experience for a Londoner to be in such an impoverished (it was shocking, the difference) yet vibrant place.

This was a bit of a departure from the norm for the Bunnymen, but if people haven't heard it before, it's well worth a listen:

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 14:46 - Apr 29 with 1746 viewsEastR

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 23:57 - Apr 28 by hubble

I was in Liverpool early 80s, saw all those bands - even got to become friends with Pete Wiley briefly - was a weird and wonderful experience for a Londoner to be in such an impoverished (it was shocking, the difference) yet vibrant place.

This was a bit of a departure from the norm for the Bunnymen, but if people haven't heard it before, it's well worth a listen:

I nearly posted that yesterday Hubble

The first minute of that tune is one of my favourite intros of any piece of music ever

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:19 - Apr 29 with 1714 viewsW13R

Login to get fewer ads

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 19:11 - Apr 29 with 1695 viewsHAYESBOY

Had this on single.

Great bass line. Have a we had a thread on best bass lines?

Smells like a trout farm in here

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 19:46 - Apr 29 with 1682 viewsbaz_qpr

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:14 - Apr 29 with 1657 viewsSonic_Hoop

[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 21:32]
The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:24 - Apr 29 with 1653 viewsDrewster

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:45 - Apr 27 by Discodroids

I laid a trap for you there Mr Sheen! i knew you return serve to my 'Party Fears two'with a roscoe tanner forehand Cabaret Voltaire!

'Advantage, Mr Sheen'

[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 21:46]

This album. The first I ever bought as an 11 year old and played it constantly.
Still an absolute classic, now 44 years after it was released.
The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:27 - Apr 29 with 1650 viewsDrewster

The Birth of the 12 on 21:44 - May 1 with 1518 viewsmerseyhoop

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:14 - Apr 29 by Sonic_Hoop

[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 21:32]

Dalek I, wow that is a blast from the past. Continuing the Liverpool sound (though I think Dalek I were from the Wirral)

(always loved the intro to this)

(I am cheating on this as not a true 12" but one of my favourite Bunnymen songs)
The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:58 - May 1 with 1508 viewsQPsyR

First 12'' I bought over 40's years ago and thatt same 12''still plays and sounds wicked on a 1210 through a Naim amp/pre amp and naugty as fck Mission speakers...proper depth

Love the wobbly 303 sound....blame this and Yazoo for where I am today lol

FKA AcidPixie

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 22:16 - May 1 with 1500 viewsQPsyR

Apart from Blue Monday ( I somehow have the original sleeve according to Peter Hooks book - what a book read it if you aint) and the Gary Bird and GBE experience already featured these were the next three....

QPR No.1 in London

FKA AcidPixie

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 17:58 - May 6 with 1386 viewsDiscodroids

Ultravox tomorrow night lads. I've gone early on the Brooklyn Pilsner in Prep.

First night out since The public service broadcasting gig last October at the Troxy... The Longer you leave it the harder it gets to make the effort to go out of an evening..

Bollox to this middle age palavar.

12" mIX Nirvana..

[Post edited 6 May 2023 18:00]

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:08 - May 6 with 1369 viewsRangersDave

Hi Disco,

Ive seen 'ultravox', and the smaller band 'electronica' a few times, and the set list is pretty much as you would expect with 'fade to grey' thrown in due to the connection.

If you get the chance after, meet the band either inside the theatre or stage door, and Midge, actually very nice and friendly guys (with the plus in that it will keek 'mem saab' happy.

Enjoy
Best
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:16 - May 6 with 1366 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Today I heard Depeche Mode 'Just cant get enough' I'd forgotten what a great track it is.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:26 - May 6 with 1348 viewsHAYESBOY

One of the first 12 inch records I bought. Rappers delight being the first in 79/80.

Smells like a trout farm in here

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:36 - May 6 with 1339 viewsDiscodroids

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:08 - May 6 by RangersDave

Hi Disco,

Ive seen 'ultravox', and the smaller band 'electronica' a few times, and the set list is pretty much as you would expect with 'fade to grey' thrown in due to the connection.

If you get the chance after, meet the band either inside the theatre or stage door, and Midge, actually very nice and friendly guys (with the plus in that it will keek 'mem saab' happy.

Enjoy
Best
Dave

noted Dave!,

i fully intend to chat to the boys after the gig and bore them shitless in the bar afterwards. i'm on a yellow card from jo after a china crisis gig in the palace theatre westcliff last year, i held court with a round of Jamesons on ice with gary and eddie at the bar while she gave me the 1000 yard stare as i droned on about steely dan.

;-)

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:39 - May 6 with 1336 viewsDiscodroids

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 19:11 - Apr 29 by HAYESBOY

Had this on single.

Great bass line. Have a we had a thread on best bass lines?

;-)
[Post edited 7 May 2023 7:22]

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:41 - May 6 with 1332 viewsDiscodroids

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:24 - Apr 29 by Drewster

100%

work of art.

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 18:43 - May 6 with 1331 viewsDiscodroids

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:24 - Apr 29 by Drewster

[Post edited 6 May 2023 18:54]

The Birth of the 12"Single. Extentend 80's New Wave Electronica Synth Pop on 21:45 - May 6 with 1281 viewsozranger

Disco, only because you brought along an Aussie band to start off with, thought I'd add another from about the same time. Chrissy Amphlett was something. This song says a lot about how many of us feel.

[Post edited 6 May 2023 21:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024