Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BRENTFORD 20:36 - Jul 7 with 75730 viewsqpr_1968

anyone pissed off with them keep winning.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

BRENTFORD on 13:17 - Mar 21 with 3203 viewsRangersw12

BRENTFORD on 13:09 - Mar 21 by MedwayR

My word, who said that?

Thomas Frank
BRENTFORD on 13:20 - Mar 21 with 3185 viewsMaggsinho

BRENTFORD on 13:09 - Mar 21 by MedwayR

My word, who said that?

Thomas Frank in the post match press conference.
BRENTFORD on 13:22 - Mar 21 with 3163 viewsMedwayR

I should've known, obvious really isn't it

Poll: Who’s better?

BRENTFORD on 13:48 - Mar 21 with 3083 viewskensalriser

BRENTFORD on 13:20 - Mar 21 by Maggsinho

Thomas Frank in the post match press conference.

I genuinely thought this was a parody.

Looks like they're already off the pace for auto. I predict another failure to get promoted.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BRENTFORD on 14:05 - Mar 21 with 3013 viewsHantsR

BRENTFORD on 21:34 - Mar 20 by flynnbo

There was a classic in the ITV 4 Big Match Revisited this morning when the goalie just picked up the ball outside the area. No booking just a free kick. Mind you, it was 1979!

35 seconds in.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2021 21:38]

Isn't the ref Manuel from Fawlty Towers?
BRENTFORD on 15:56 - Mar 21 with 2854 viewsMickS

BRENTFORD on 13:48 - Mar 21 by kensalriser

I genuinely thought this was a parody.

Looks like they're already off the pace for auto. I predict another failure to get promoted.

Staggering stuff. Cheers me up no end.
BRENTFORD on 20:28 - Mar 21 with 2731 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 08:46 - Mar 17 by switchingcode

Can’t see what is wrong with that do you honestly think that none of your fans would be putting this up if it was their club.Most fans get carried away when things take a turn for the better just look a few weeks back some on here did what they’ve done for the last 3 seasons after turning a bad run around and going on a winning run start a play offs thread and why wouldn’t you.
For what it’s worth I think we have over achieved this season and without Toney I expect we would be mid table which is where I thought we would be pre season.losing Watkins and Benrahma and having Norguaard missing for most of the season along with Mbeumo not the same player as last season has seen us way behind the team that finished 3 rd last season.
We finish the season with Henry and Dasilva out now I think the play offs will be our best bet but after losing in the 9 we have played in we might as well finish 7 th.No great desire by me to get to the PL just to get back to watching with my mates at our new stadium which I expect you will have the pleasure to do and take the piss out of next season.

I think we did get a bit carried away in 2011...... when we were 12 points clear at the top of the table.
BRENTFORD on 23:35 - Mar 21 with 2579 viewsenfieldargh

BRENTFORD on 14:05 - Mar 21 by HantsR

Isn't the ref Manuel from Fawlty Towers?

Its Don Masson. didnt know he went back to Notts

But then again he did go into the hotel business

Thomas Frank he real hateful smug bugger, hope he chokes(football wise or saving that swallows his chewing gum)

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Login to get fewer ads

BRENTFORD on 11:44 - Mar 22 with 2426 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 13:07 - Mar 21 by DWQPR

What grinds me is the total absence of SwitchingCode (not so bad), and Newbee (a complete ball ache) from this board until now, thinking that we would have forgotten that they lost their cup final. Without Toney they are average and if they don’t go up this season then like Watkins and Benrama beforehand Toney will be offski. I also suspect that the Chief Masticator could also decide he’s had his time. This season is their big chance to join the throngs of cannon fodder in the big league. Shame they are starting to choke again.

Think I’ve posted a couple of times since our (or is it yours as well) cup final defeat.Let me just tell you I’m not an entitled fan and you won’t find anywhere on here where I have posted such.As old fan of 68 years of age and nearly 60 of them as a fan these past 8 seasons have been the golden years so you can throw all the piss takes and bile against my club and it just blows away in the wind.
During this time I have had the privilege to see my team produce or improve over a dozen players to move on to the Premier league that have brought in over 150 million in transfer fees at a cost of a fraction.I have posted even when we were top 2 a few months back that I wasn’t enjoying this season and have no desire to join the lambs to the slaughter PL as that’s what I believe it would be.Next season will be our 9 th in the championship I believe and we have always finished top half which is another fantastic achievement.We are what we are a small club amongst giants with fantastic recent history of success.
We have also managed during this period to move to a new stadium which more than adequate for our supporters and it’s what I’m looking forward to most for next season.There is a lot for me to be proud of and like most level headed supporters I know there is always a kick in the bollox waiting around the corner.The law of averages tells you that our successful recruitment won’t go on for ever and the new Brexit rules halts the prospect of signing a Maupay or Benrahma in future.I also know Matthew Benham won’t be able to fund our club forever and some of the shite that gets posted on social media mainly by young new fans I would have thrown the towel in a while back.
I understand the Bias on a rivals site and this one is very well run and has some excellent posters and get why fans want to post negative stuff about us although I can’t help myself responding when misinformation is posted especially around the time we were building the new stadium.Over this last year it been hell for fans who go home and away and haven’t seen their mates for over a year and this seasons schedule and TV football has come nowhere to soften the hell.
If we don’t go up this season I expect we will lose Toney and others and maybe Thomas Frank who’s been a great coach for us and sure he has caught the attention of many clubs although you lot don’t like him.I could write some equally nasty stuff about Warburton but will refrain a let you find out for yourselves😃Many clubs will start next season with less money and poorer quality squads due to COVID at least we will have if not a stronger squad we will have the finances to survive something we couldn’t say we had not so many years ago when fans where rattling buckets.I think I posted before that this seasons team is a lot weaker than last year and I think we have over achieved.
BRENTFORD on 11:53 - Mar 22 with 2418 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Why did you light the touchpaper DWQPR?
BRENTFORD on 11:58 - Mar 22 with 2405 viewsTheChef

Have to say the top two is looking fairly set now, although by all accounts Watford have a tough run in.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

BRENTFORD on 12:45 - Mar 22 with 2346 viewsCroydonCaptJack

BRENTFORD on 11:58 - Mar 22 by TheChef

Have to say the top two is looking fairly set now, although by all accounts Watford have a tough run in.

We seem to have given Watford the kick up the backside they needed. We were good value for that win. It does seem we play better against better teams.
BRENTFORD on 13:48 - Mar 22 with 2272 viewsterryb

I think your right switchingcode that not many of us like Thomas Frank.

I doubt that many of us don't rate him though! He appears to be a very good coach, but his arrogance & the statements that he makes (as after the Forest game) doesn't endear him to fans of other clubs.

Indeed, I gather we are quite mild with our portrayal of him compared to supporters of Swansea!
BRENTFORD on 14:28 - Mar 22 with 2225 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 13:48 - Mar 22 by terryb

I doubt that many of us don't rate him though! He appears to be a very good coach, but his arrogance & the statements that he makes (as after the Forest game) doesn't endear him to fans of other clubs.

Indeed, I gather we are quite mild with our portrayal of him compared to supporters of Swansea!

There are plenty of our fans who don’t like him sadly and having been in his company a few times I think he’s good person and will be sorry to see him go.Now mentioning Swansea their manager Cooper is a peace of work along with his mouthy bench.
BRENTFORD on 14:31 - Mar 22 with 2217 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 13:48 - Mar 22 by terryb

I would add I found his comments strange after the forrest game and couldn’t agree.Words of a man under pressure which I’m sure it’s self inflicted he won’t be by the owner.
BRENTFORD on 14:46 - Mar 22 with 2176 viewsHamptonR

BRENTFORD on 14:28 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

There are plenty of our fans who don’t like him sadly and having been in his company a few times I think he’s good person and will be sorry to see him go.Now mentioning Swansea their manager Cooper is a peace of work along with his mouthy bench.

Cooper is an odd ball, seems like one and looks like one.
BRENTFORD on 14:48 - Mar 22 with 2169 viewsWegerles_Stairs

BRENTFORD on 11:44 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

Think I’ve posted a couple of times since our (or is it yours as well) cup final defeat.Let me just tell you I’m not an entitled fan and you won’t find anywhere on here where I have posted such.As old fan of 68 years of age and nearly 60 of them as a fan these past 8 seasons have been the golden years so you can throw all the piss takes and bile against my club and it just blows away in the wind.
During this time I have had the privilege to see my team produce or improve over a dozen players to move on to the Premier league that have brought in over 150 million in transfer fees at a cost of a fraction.I have posted even when we were top 2 a few months back that I wasn’t enjoying this season and have no desire to join the lambs to the slaughter PL as that’s what I believe it would be.Next season will be our 9 th in the championship I believe and we have always finished top half which is another fantastic achievement.We are what we are a small club amongst giants with fantastic recent history of success.
We have also managed during this period to move to a new stadium which more than adequate for our supporters and it’s what I’m looking forward to most for next season.There is a lot for me to be proud of and like most level headed supporters I know there is always a kick in the bollox waiting around the corner.The law of averages tells you that our successful recruitment won’t go on for ever and the new Brexit rules halts the prospect of signing a Maupay or Benrahma in future.I also know Matthew Benham won’t be able to fund our club forever and some of the shite that gets posted on social media mainly by young new fans I would have thrown the towel in a while back.
I understand the Bias on a rivals site and this one is very well run and has some excellent posters and get why fans want to post negative stuff about us although I can’t help myself responding when misinformation is posted especially around the time we were building the new stadium.Over this last year it been hell for fans who go home and away and haven’t seen their mates for over a year and this seasons schedule and TV football has come nowhere to soften the hell.
If we don’t go up this season I expect we will lose Toney and others and maybe Thomas Frank who’s been a great coach for us and sure he has caught the attention of many clubs although you lot don’t like him.I could write some equally nasty stuff about Warburton but will refrain a let you find out for yourselves😃Many clubs will start next season with less money and poorer quality squads due to COVID at least we will have if not a stronger squad we will have the finances to survive something we couldn’t say we had not so many years ago when fans where rattling buckets.I think I posted before that this seasons team is a lot weaker than last year and I think we have over achieved.

I'd like to hear the nasty stuff about Warburton please.
BRENTFORD on 14:57 - Mar 22 with 2140 viewsCroydonCaptJack

BRENTFORD on 14:46 - Mar 22 by HamptonR

Cooper is an odd ball, seems like one and looks like one.

He looks like a heroin addict. I quite like him though and they seem to be overachieving imo. Certainly seemed to have a bit of luck on their side with decisions lately.
BRENTFORD on 16:33 - Mar 22 with 2019 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 14:48 - Mar 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'd like to hear the nasty stuff about Warburton please.

I’ll wait till he has left best for all sides plus it will be received better then 😃
Will say he’s done well with what he’s had to work with and without Eze and BoS
How much did you spend on new players in the summer ?
BRENTFORD on 16:41 - Mar 22 with 2005 viewsJuzzie

BRENTFORD on 16:33 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

I’ll wait till he has left best for all sides plus it will be received better then 😃
Will say he’s done well with what he’s had to work with and without Eze and BoS
How much did you spend on new players in the summer ?

Not a lot spent in the summer I think (contrary to people thinking we spent more than we actually did) though we did reinforce more in January but they were loans (Austin, Johansen & Field).
BRENTFORD on 17:13 - Mar 22 with 1949 viewsdenhamhoop2

BRENTFORD on 11:44 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

Would imagine Brentford if they don't get promoted will most certainly be richer with Toney Henry Da Silva and maybe Norgaard all gone but would doubt they will be as strong as this season. New players always take time to bed in and signing goal scoring forwards for a pittance is rare especially without being able to plunder the lower leagues of Europe.
As for Mr Frank I always thought he was German because he has that swagger and unshakeable confidence of his beliefs that is quite Teutonic.(Yes I don't like him don't know why just has a face I could punch all day long)
Sooner or later law of averages says Brentford will win the playoffs who knows maybe it's the season as I wouldn't have thought Swansea Reading Barnsley or Cardiff would scare the Bees.
BRENTFORD on 19:12 - Mar 22 with 1841 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 17:13 - Mar 22 by denhamhoop2

Would imagine Brentford if they don't get promoted will most certainly be richer with Toney Henry Da Silva and maybe Norgaard all gone but would doubt they will be as strong as this season. New players always take time to bed in and signing goal scoring forwards for a pittance is rare especially without being able to plunder the lower leagues of Europe.
As for Mr Frank I always thought he was German because he has that swagger and unshakeable confidence of his beliefs that is quite Teutonic.(Yes I don't like him don't know why just has a face I could punch all day long)
Sooner or later law of averages says Brentford will win the playoffs who knows maybe it's the season as I wouldn't have thought Swansea Reading Barnsley or Cardiff would scare the Bees.

Think Bournmouth sneak in and will win play offs so all 3 relegated clubs will go up.Expect the same next season
BRENTFORD on 19:24 - Mar 22 with 1830 viewsdenhamhoop2

BRENTFORD on 19:12 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

Think Bournmouth sneak in and will win play offs so all 3 relegated clubs will go up.Expect the same next season

Not so sure Sheff United will bounce straight back up but would expect WBA and Newcastle/Fulham to be there or there abouts
BRENTFORD on 19:49 - Mar 22 with 1749 viewsswitchingcode

BRENTFORD on 19:24 - Mar 22 by denhamhoop2

Not so sure Sheff United will bounce straight back up but would expect WBA and Newcastle/Fulham to be there or there abouts

Maybe Sheff United will be a bit adrift depending on who they get in to replace the excellent Wilder.
Stoke with the resources they have should also be in the mix.
BRENTFORD on 09:42 - Mar 23 with 1568 viewsCroydonCaptJack

BRENTFORD on 19:12 - Mar 22 by switchingcode

I think Bournemouth should do a lot better than they have been with that squad but you may be right as, like Watford they seem to be improving at the right time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024