Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grayson 20:53 - Jan 19 with 442 viewsspell_chekker

Yes, I have doubts.

But he's got to be given until the end of the season, MINIMUM, to get his squad and tactics together.

We've largely been competing with last year's squad who over achieved with a 10th place finish.

For me it's a Grayson in and SS is backing him in this window.

It may be the wrong decision but we all know that only those basket case clubs who stagnate year on year fire their manager after a poor run of results.

You've got to stick with a guy.

It could be a bad decision but knee jerk isn't the answer.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Grayson on 21:23 - Jan 19 with 436 viewsokeh_for_some

Spell, I must admit I’ve never been a fan of Grayson and wouldn’t be sorry to see him leave. The football is dour and attritional, which seems to be his trademark. I work with a lot of PNE fans who were relieved he got the gig at Blackpool when they thought Neil was going to WBA. In theory we should have a much stronger squad than last year - Anwick, Husband, Mc Donald, Nuttall, Hardie, Kaikai, Edwards are all Grayson signings - the fact a number of them haven’t clicked is a testament to Grayson’s tactics, talent spotting abilities or motivational skills. That said, I’d give him another couple of months to try and turn the corner but if there’s no improvement give a new manager a full close season.
Grayson on 22:04 - Jan 19 with 431 viewsspell_chekker

Grayson on 21:23 - Jan 19 by okeh_for_some

Spell, I must admit I’ve never been a fan of Grayson and wouldn’t be sorry to see him leave. The football is dour and attritional, which seems to be his trademark. I work with a lot of PNE fans who were relieved he got the gig at Blackpool when they thought Neil was going to WBA. In theory we should have a much stronger squad than last year - Anwick, Husband, Mc Donald, Nuttall, Hardie, Kaikai, Edwards are all Grayson signings - the fact a number of them haven’t clicked is a testament to Grayson’s tactics, talent spotting abilities or motivational skills. That said, I’d give him another couple of months to try and turn the corner but if there’s no improvement give a new manager a full close season.

One thing I'm sick to the back teeth of is the back 3 or back 4 discussion.

We've only played a back 3 with wingbacks because of the limitations of our squad.

Turton can't get forward, that's obvious.

Let's hope we sign a right back or two and then play a back four like every other decent team nowadays.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Grayson on 00:22 - Jan 20 with 427 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Grayson on 22:04 - Jan 19 by spell_chekker

One thing I'm sick to the back teeth of is the back 3 or back 4 discussion.

We've only played a back 3 with wingbacks because of the limitations of our squad.

Turton can't get forward, that's obvious.

Let's hope we sign a right back or two and then play a back four like every other decent team nowadays.

When Terry Mac left, would have liked someone like Danny Cowley and his Brother from (at the time) Lincoln. However, thought Larry was a good appointment if not top of my list.

I'd want to give him until the season end, however results have to improve and fast, especially at home.

Not really too concerned about if it's 4/4/2, 4/4/1/1, 3/4/2/1, 5/3/2 etc.... as you need to be able to adapt to the style and tactics of the opposition, it's the players he selects and the tactics he uses/doesn't use that leaves me baffled. (Has MacDonald shot Larry's Dog? and what is really going on with Kaikai, that's just two to start with).

The issue with tactics or lack of them has been vented in previous posts/threads, but I think Reading at home in the cup was a tipping point for quite a few. Everyone could see Husband needed help, but Larry did nothing.

Ever since about the Bolton away match Larry's interviews have been very defensive and littered with digs at player(s). Feels like after Sunderland he needs to get his retaliation in first. Also think since that match we've stopped getting the players post match interviews on video.

At this moment we're not going up, and I'm certain we're not going down. I just want to see some sort of idea of the way forward, and at the moment you just can't, so for me he's now got until the end of February at best.

Spell

The reason you don't play with a back four with flying full backs in this division is the opposition will just launch the ball at one or two big ugly centre forwards into the gaps left, while their midfielders just charge forward to run onto any knockdowns.

Turton's as good a defensive Right Back as you'll see at this level, very underrated by a lot of fans who think everyone should play like Trent-Alexander and Robinson. Easy to do when you see the rest of the players in that team and the fact that opposition teams play through the midfield and don't hoof it.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024