Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby having a nightmare! 13:04 - Sep 26 with 18086 viewsBuckR

Tom Lawrence & Mason Bennett both charged with drink driving after crashing and are old mate Richard Keogh has been ruled out until the end of the season with injuries he sustained as a passenger in the crash...

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/09/club-statement-6
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 13:06]
Derby having a nightmare! on 13:36 - Oct 3 with 2713 viewsJuzzie

Derby having a nightmare! on 13:26 - Oct 3 by Northernr

If that was the only concern they'd sack them. And if getting tanked up, smashing your car up and nearly killing the club captain in the process, and ending his career, isn' a sackable offence then truly what is?

True, totally untouchable.
Derby having a nightmare! on 13:56 - Oct 3 with 2638 viewsjonno

Derby having a nightmare! on 13:26 - Oct 3 by Northernr

If that was the only concern they'd sack them. And if getting tanked up, smashing your car up and nearly killing the club captain in the process, and ending his career, isn' a sackable offence then truly what is?

Well, exactly. In any other job you would be instantly suspended pending an enquiry and dismissed if found to be guilty. But footballers appear to be above the law. As for Giggs not playing him - well I can understand the sentiment but if their own club continues to play them then why shouldn't the international team? Derby are the employers and they should be taking action, not the Welsh FA really.
Derby having a nightmare! on 15:33 - Oct 3 with 2524 viewskensalriser

Perhaps it's just reflecting how wider society is changing.

You can get the sack and have your life ruined for making a stupid comment on Twitter, but make a career out of lying, hook up your girlfriend with public money while you're mayor and illegally suspend Parliament and you're still good to go as PM.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby having a nightmare! on 13:31 - Oct 15 with 2263 viewsloftboy

Both got 12 month community orders and 180 hours community service. Two year driving ban,So let off lightly basically.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 13:32]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby having a nightmare! on 13:50 - Oct 15 with 2220 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby having a nightmare! on 13:31 - Oct 15 by loftboy

Both got 12 month community orders and 180 hours community service. Two year driving ban,So let off lightly basically.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 13:32]

Maybe their community service is they’ll have to take turns pushing their captain around Tesco in a wheelchair?
Derby having a nightmare! on 13:55 - Oct 15 with 2196 viewsNorthernr

They also got fined £180. What is the fcking point of fining a footballer £180?

Proof once more that you're quite welcome to drunkenly and recklessly threaten life with a petrol powered lethal weapon in this country as long as it takes the form of a car.
Derby having a nightmare! on 14:12 - Oct 15 with 2144 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby having a nightmare! on 13:55 - Oct 15 by Northernr

They also got fined £180. What is the fcking point of fining a footballer £180?

Proof once more that you're quite welcome to drunkenly and recklessly threaten life with a petrol powered lethal weapon in this country as long as it takes the form of a car.

I thought the fines now were related to your salary.Or has that been scrapped?
Derby having a nightmare! on 14:17 - Oct 15 with 2119 viewsstevec

Derby having a nightmare! on 13:50 - Oct 15 by stowmarketrange

Maybe their community service is they’ll have to take turns pushing their captain around Tesco in a wheelchair?

Yes and they've probably finished Keogh's career.

Who's paying him for the next 15 months, the club should take it out of those two cnts wages.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:20 - Oct 15 with 2105 viewsflitwickhoop

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:12 - Oct 15 by stowmarketrange

I thought the fines now were related to your salary.Or has that been scrapped?

I believe that is just for speeding offences.

So ultimately if they were sober and going 34mph in a 30 they could have got a bigger fine.
Derby having a nightmare! on 14:21 - Oct 15 with 2095 viewsMick_S

It's just so wrong.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:32 - Oct 15 with 2058 viewsTheChef

This made me laugh. Maybe think of that before you go off drink driving.

"Earlier the court heard from a probation officer, who said that Lawrence had told her he thought he would lose his job if he were jailed. She said he also said he thought prison would “mess with his head”. A second probation officer said that Bennett was “extremely concerned about the prospect of a custodial sentence”. She said the player told her he thought he would struggle with prison and he worried about the effect it would have on his four-year-old daughter."

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:37 - Oct 15 with 2040 viewsstowmarketrange

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:32 - Oct 15 by TheChef

"Earlier the court heard from a probation officer, who said that Lawrence had told her he thought he would lose his job if he were jailed. She said he also said he thought prison would “mess with his head”. A second probation officer said that Bennett was “extremely concerned about the prospect of a custodial sentence”. She said the player told her he thought he would struggle with prison and he worried about the effect it would have on his four-year-old daughter."

Especially if you earn more in a week than the cab driver,who could take you home safely,earns in a year.
Derby having a nightmare! on 14:38 - Oct 15 with 2040 viewsNorthernr

One of Lawrence's mitigations was he's been quite sad after his mum died.

Honestly if somebody got up in front of me with that defence they'd be getting a harsher sentence. How fcking dare you bring something like that up to try and weasel out of a sentence for you being a cnt? People lose parents all the time, often in horrible circumstances from which they never recover, and the immediate reaction to this is not to get tanked up and go boy racing around the place risking killing somebody else's loved one.

Shameless prck.
Derby having a nightmare! on 14:38 - Oct 15 with 2040 viewsLongsufferingR

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:17 - Oct 15 by stevec

Yes and they've probably finished Keogh's career.

Who's paying him for the next 15 months, the club should take it out of those two cnts wages.

To be fair, Keogh is the club captain. He willingly got slaughtered with the others and then agreed to get in a car with them while he knew they were pssed. Little sympathy from here.
Derby having a nightmare! on 14:47 - Oct 15 with 2004 viewsstevec

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:38 - Oct 15 by LongsufferingR

To be fair, Keogh is the club captain. He willingly got slaughtered with the others and then agreed to get in a car with them while he knew they were pssed. Little sympathy from here.

That is true but I was thinking more of Derby. They still have to pay Keogh I'd assume, maybe insurance will pick it up, but if not then they should take the money off those two prcks and pay Keogh out of that.

I dare say they'll keep paying Keogh until his career is confirmed finished then Keogh will sue Derby for taking them out on a bonding session, Derby will have to cough up and chummy's will walk away from the whole saga effectively untouched.

Makes you puke.
Derby having a nightmare! on 15:24 - Oct 15 with 1935 viewsLongsufferingR

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:47 - Oct 15 by stevec

That is true but I was thinking more of Derby. They still have to pay Keogh I'd assume, maybe insurance will pick it up, but if not then they should take the money off those two prcks and pay Keogh out of that.

I dare say they'll keep paying Keogh until his career is confirmed finished then Keogh will sue Derby for taking them out on a bonding session, Derby will have to cough up and chummy's will walk away from the whole saga effectively untouched.

Makes you puke.

I'm sure they will find a way of any payments not showing up in their accounts. Allegedly.
Derby having a nightmare! on 15:35 - Oct 15 with 1897 viewsToast_R

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:47 - Oct 15 by stevec

Makes you puke.

Not sure the insurance will cover injury by getting slaughtered drunk and willingly getting into motorised vehicle driven by someone else who is also slaughtered. That's one hell of a policy if it pays out.
Derby having a nightmare! on 15:49 - Oct 15 with 1861 viewssmegma

His four year old daughter could be fatherless.
Derby having a nightmare! on 16:55 - Oct 15 with 1777 viewskingsburyR

How bad was Tony Adams drink driving offence that he got sent down then?

Got off lightly if you ask me.

Planet football is a strange place.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Derby having a nightmare! on 20:02 - Oct 15 with 1656 viewsLblock

So what’s my chances of not doing time in chokey if this weekend I get lagboats, offer my mate a lift home, crash on a busy public road, severely injure him and leg it away leaving him in the back?

The only things that could make it worse is a death or if “cough cough” I’d also taken some legal high or Class A

Fcuk footballs moral compass

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Derby having a nightmare! on 20:18 - Oct 15 with 1642 viewsCamberleyR

Derby having a nightmare! on 14:20 - Oct 15 by flitwickhoop

I believe that is just for speeding offences.

So ultimately if they were sober and going 34mph in a 30 they could have got a bigger fine.

Don't think it is. Ant McPartlin got an £86k fine for crashing his motor after drink/driving last year so not sure why these fücking scrotes didn't get a similar fine.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Derby having a nightmare! on 21:37 - Oct 15 with 1562 viewsGroveR

If he'd said he was worried about the effect prison would have on his virgin àrsehole I'd have had more respect for him.
Derby having a nightmare! on 02:20 - Oct 16 with 1456 viewsSharpy36

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024