Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells? 10:00 - Aug 8 with 19026 viewsconnell10

Being reported we are interested in taking him back.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wells? on 13:17 - Aug 8 with 4193 viewsridethewave

Wells? on 12:16 - Aug 8 by DWQPR

Sometimes a good player just needs a good manager, to convince him that he has the ability. Wells pre-Christmas was pulling up trees and looking a very decent player, with great movement and great intelligence. I like him. Personally I think that Warburton can get him going and for me this would be a good move at the right price. Had he scored those pens last season then we would have been raving about him and unlikely to have been able to talk about signing him now given that he would have hit double figures in a struggling side and clubs like Florist and Wednesday would have continued to stick two fingers up at FFP and signed him.

But he didn't score them, so a moot point.

I'm unsure about this, he's a very good 'footballer' in that his passing and moving is fantastic. If any manager (based on passed reputation) can get the best out of his its Warburton. But I'm not sure I want him back.
Wells? on 13:29 - Aug 8 with 4091 viewsStoicHoop

I think he'd be a great re-signing and would add to the positivity breaking out around the club after Stoke.

The team last season was absolutely awful and he still shone at times with his pace and movement.

I think he'd flourish under Warburton.
Wells? on 13:30 - Aug 8 with 4087 viewsqpr1976

Wells? on 13:03 - Aug 8 by francisbowles

Oteh needs games.

And he'll get them as a Sub and in BOTH our ultimately victorious Cup run.
His hatricks at Wembley in March & May will be key to his £50 million move to Real Madrid.

If he's good enough, or in better form than those 'considered' ahead of him, he'll get games. Warburton has eluded to form over reputation.

I think we need 4 available strikers.
Wells? on 13:30 - Aug 8 with 4081 viewsPunteR

Good player. Lost his way 2nd half of last season but the whole team did. Id be happy to take him back.
When you compare him to Washington, Sylla, Smith etc he's a cut above in terms of quality plus he's much better to watch which is a massive plus. Hopefully he gets his shooting boots on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wells? on 13:55 - Aug 8 with 3919 viewsDorse

Wells? on 13:03 - Aug 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

Know what you mean but going into the season with Mlaker and Oteh as 2nd and 3rd choice strikers would worry me more.

You're right, of course, but Wells? He still rates pretty high on my 'Meh' scale.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 13:55]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wells? on 13:56 - Aug 8 with 3904 viewsfrancisbowles

Wells? on 13:30 - Aug 8 by qpr1976

And he'll get them as a Sub and in BOTH our ultimately victorious Cup run.
His hatricks at Wembley in March & May will be key to his £50 million move to Real Madrid.

If he's good enough, or in better form than those 'considered' ahead of him, he'll get games. Warburton has eluded to form over reputation.

I think we need 4 available strikers.

He is unlikely to be on the bench as we only play one striker. We need to develop him, so I think he needs another loan.

We have Walker and other kids who can fill in in an emergency and he could be recalled in January.
Wells? on 14:18 - Aug 8 with 3758 viewsswisscottage

If we're signing another strike of Wells' level on top of the two we've already brought in then this to me is an indication that we're we're thinking with a level of ambition this season and possibly looking at the playoffs, otherwise we'd likely make do with what we have.
Wells? on 14:52 - Aug 8 with 3575 viewsrsonist

Wells? on 14:18 - Aug 8 by swisscottage

If we're signing another strike of Wells' level on top of the two we've already brought in then this to me is an indication that we're we're thinking with a level of ambition this season and possibly looking at the playoffs, otherwise we'd likely make do with what we have.

It certainly seems short-termist in any case.
Login to get fewer ads

Wells? on 15:17 - Aug 8 with 3453 viewsjoolsyp

I don’t think he works as a lone striker ... but when we’re chasing games we made need to switch to 4-4-2 and I think he’ll be ideal alongside Hugill or the Brighton lad.

I wouldn’t read too much into his decline in form towards the end of last season - the whole team were shite!
Wells? on 15:39 - Aug 8 with 3309 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Wells? on 14:52 - Aug 8 by rsonist

It certainly seems short-termist in any case.

12 months at Loftus Rd is a long long time

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wells? on 15:53 - Aug 8 with 3209 viewsDorse

Wells? on 15:39 - Aug 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

12 months at Loftus Rd is a long long time

That's 6 years in old money.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wells? on 16:05 - Aug 8 with 3094 viewsBuckR

Wells? on 15:53 - Aug 8 by Dorse

That's 6 years in old money.

Done deal according to DM & Sean Gallagher
Wells? on 16:16 - Aug 8 with 2949 viewsLowerloftLad

i was unsure on this if he had scored the missed pens he would have ended on a good tally for the team we had

but thinking of how he played last year i think he would suit warburtons style of football and if he wants to come back fair play

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Wells? on 16:17 - Aug 8 with 2925 viewsDannyPaddox

Can I officially start singing Return of the Nakh yet?
Wells? on 16:33 - Aug 8 with 2736 viewsToast_R

Which player was it we were meant to be signing on the back of this alleged phone conversation Palladini had in a near by Bookies?
Wells? on 16:34 - Aug 8 with 2721 viewsqpr1976

Wells? on 16:05 - Aug 8 by BuckR

Done deal according to DM & Sean Gallagher

Bearing in mind our ‘alleged’ #1 target from the @rse has gone to Leeds and the Rhodes offer was bollox (otherwise he would surely have been part of Luongo deal....?), probably as good as we could hope for....?

Gives us options and a plan B. We’re light up front and goals win games. Shame 3/4 are loans but.....hey ho.
Wells? on 16:41 - Aug 8 with 2624 viewsTacticalR

Wells? on 11:42 - Aug 8 by DejR_vu

I think most strikers are confidence players. Feed them scraps and they’ll snatch at chances and confidence dries up. I don’t think it was any coincidence his form dropped off in our run after Christmas. Give them lots of chances and they’ll get in the groove and start taking them more to regularly.

I think a fit, motivated, confident Wells could be pretty lethal.

Edit: i’d imagine Clive will be a bit gutted we’ve chosen Wells again over Hemed
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 11:51]

I normally don't like confidence as an explanation of a player's form (as it's a circular explanation), but in this case his confidence really did go to pieces.

Air hostess clique

Wells? on 16:47 - Aug 8 with 2530 viewsBuckR

Can even have his favoured number 21 now Mass has gone
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 16:50]
Wells? on 16:51 - Aug 8 with 2491 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Wells? on 16:17 - Aug 8 by DannyPaddox

Can I officially start singing Return of the Nakh yet?

Welcome Back!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Wells? on 16:58 - Aug 8 with 2364 viewsjoolsyp

Anyone know if he’s featured in any of Burnley’s pre-season games? If not I’d imagine he’ll need a few weeks before he’s match fit.
Wells? on 16:59 - Aug 8 with 2343 viewsloftboy

Two minutes to do the deal

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wells? on 17:02 - Aug 8 with 2282 viewseghamranger

Wells? on 16:59 - Aug 8 by loftboy

Andy Carroll w... fest still on sky... so no mention of wells deal 🙄
Wells? on 17:07 - Aug 8 with 2196 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wells? on 17:02 - Aug 8 by eghamranger

Andy Carroll w... fest still on sky... so no mention of wells deal 🙄

Sky's coverage is pathetic, ably fronted by the sycophantic Jim White. They've not talked about Lukaku for 5 minutes: what's going on?
Wells? on 17:18 - Aug 8 with 1978 viewsjoolsyp

Wells? on 16:59 - Aug 8 by loftboy

I think as long as the deal sheet/agreement is in place then clubs effectively have another 2 hours to finalize the deal.
Wells? on 17:24 - Aug 8 with 1850 viewsrunningman75

Wells scores the winning goal in the play off final only for the football league to realize that QPR did not fax the loan paperwork in time at the beginning of the season. QPR end up with a points deduction and relegation to league 1 instead of Premier league football.
#Watch this space.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024