Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today 12:38 - Apr 9 with 4200 viewssmegma

Is live on that intterwebby thing. 1pm kick off.

Team news to follow. It's absolutely tipping it down.
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 12:44 - Apr 9 with 4173 viewsTacticalR

It's sink or swim.

Air hostess clique

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 12:57 - Apr 9 with 4133 viewssmegma

1. Brozowski 2. Akinola 3. Fox 4. Ochieng 5. Paul 6. Phillips 7. Tilt 8. Owens 9. Eshun 10. Stylianides 11. Hamalainen

Subs 12. Platt 14. Alfa 15 . Genovesi 16. Mesias.

I'm guessing No4 is a trialist
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 13:21]
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:52 - Apr 9 with 3966 viewseghamranger

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 12:57 - Apr 9 by smegma

1. Brozowski 2. Akinola 3. Fox 4. Ochieng 5. Paul 6. Phillips 7. Tilt 8. Owens 9. Eshun 10. Stylianides 11. Hamalainen

Is it mark Ochieng?

Wiki says an Australian/ Kenyan right winger or right back!!

Mate of massimo?

Yes I am bored and yes I did google his surname and put footballer next to it 😂
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:57 - Apr 9 with 3942 viewsqprbeth

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:52 - Apr 9 by eghamranger

Is it mark Ochieng?

Wiki says an Australian/ Kenyan right winger or right back!!

Mate of massimo?

Yes I am bored and yes I did google his surname and put footballer next to it 😂

From WLS: Former West Ham academy starlet and Leyton Orient man Henry Ochieng is on trial with QPR U23s as they take on Nottingham Forest this afternoon.

The 19-year-old was released by the East London club in March having struggled for game time at Brisbane Road under Justin Edinburgh having signed his first pro deal in December 2016.
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 15:00 - Apr 9 with 3800 viewseghamranger

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:57 - Apr 9 by qprbeth

From WLS: Former West Ham academy starlet and Leyton Orient man Henry Ochieng is on trial with QPR U23s as they take on Nottingham Forest this afternoon.

The 19-year-old was released by the East London club in March having struggled for game time at Brisbane Road under Justin Edinburgh having signed his first pro deal in December 2016.

Cancel my last...
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 15:03 - Apr 9 with 3777 viewsoldmisery

Well done lads, a hard fought draw but I just hope we don't have to face a penalty shoot-out any time soon!
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 15:24 - Apr 9 with 3694 viewssmegma

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 15:03 - Apr 9 by oldmisery

Well done lads, a hard fought draw but I just hope we don't have to face a penalty shoot-out any time soon!

What a great game against an excellent Forest side (despite their cheating). Four penalties three of which were missed. Zenon Stylianides gave a performance akin to Adel. Best home game all season and not one over age player in the team.
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 15:27 - Apr 9 with 3678 viewssmegma

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:57 - Apr 9 by qprbeth

Played really well. Of all the triallists we've used this season he has been the most impressive. Always wanting the ball and his passing ability was superb.
Login to get fewer ads

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 15:43 - Apr 9 with 3630 viewsEsox_Lucius

All that above is very good news for our future IMO. Getting Warren Farm built and successfully applying for Cat 1 status can only be more good news for our future as the groundwork is being laid for the youngsters.

The grass is always greener.

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 16:19 - Apr 9 with 3536 viewsTacticalR

I saw a little bit of the game online. I thought Tilt and Hämäläinen looked good.

Meanwhile...

QPR Ladies 0-10 West Ham United Ladies
https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/ladies/2017/qpr-ladies-v-west-ham-united-ladies/

Air hostess clique

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 17:10 - Apr 9 with 3391 viewsoldmisery

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 15:27 - Apr 9 by smegma

Played really well. Of all the triallists we've used this season he has been the most impressive. Always wanting the ball and his passing ability was superb.

Interesting to see Romeo Akinola at right back. On the two or three occasions I've seen him previously, he was an attacking midfielder. How long has he been playing in defence?
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 18:25 - Apr 9 with 3254 viewsPinnerPaul

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 16:19 - Apr 9 by TacticalR

I saw a little bit of the game online. I thought Tilt and Hämäläinen looked good.

Meanwhile...

QPR Ladies 0-10 West Ham United Ladies
https://www.qpr.co.uk/fixtures/ladies/2017/qpr-ladies-v-west-ham-united-ladies/

Ladies - yes bit of a surprise. Have been one of the weaker sides in this div for a while, but performances have improved this season with the influx of some new players.

Interesting to note attendance - 160. Usually only 30/40 but club gave away 300 tickets as part of an incentive to publicise women's football.

Sad that only c120 of the 300 went. Lee Hoos mentioned that on one of his interviews once - you actually get a better take up/attendance if you charge a discounted admission, rather that just give tickets out for free!
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 18:38 - Apr 9 with 3223 viewssmegma

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 17:10 - Apr 9 by oldmisery

Interesting to see Romeo Akinola at right back. On the two or three occasions I've seen him previously, he was an attacking midfielder. How long has he been playing in defence?

First time at right back I believe.
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 19:07 - Apr 9 with 3158 viewsoldmisery

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 18:38 - Apr 9 by smegma

Thanks for the info, perhaps Ollie picked the side. LOL!
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 22:01 - Apr 9 with 2966 viewssmegma

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 19:07 - Apr 9 by oldmisery

Thanks for the info, perhaps Ollie picked the side. LOL!

At all Academy levels, it appears quite a few players are asked to try out in another position. Some work, some don't. Nikon Hamalainen played left midfield , then right midfield today. He came through the ranks as a left back. We've got a central midfielder converted to a centre back in the under 18s. Charlie Fox started at left back then moved to his normal position of centre back when Giles Phillips was subbed.

Good to see the return of Chris Paul and Caden Genovesi.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 5:26]
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 09:34 - Apr 10 with 2668 viewsCheshireR

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 18:38 - Apr 9 by smegma

He played right back at Burnley a couple of weeks ago. The entire back four were over run that day.
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 11:14 - Apr 10 with 2569 viewsDorse

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 22:01 - Apr 9 by smegma

At all Academy levels, it appears quite a few players are asked to try out in another position. Some work, some don't. Nikon Hamalainen played left midfield , then right midfield today. He came through the ranks as a left back. We've got a central midfielder converted to a centre back in the under 18s. Charlie Fox started at left back then moved to his normal position of centre back when Giles Phillips was subbed.

Good to see the return of Chris Paul and Caden Genovesi.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 5:26]

Is Charlie Fox any good? I watched the stream yesterday and I thought he looked promising.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 12:05 - Apr 10 with 2506 viewsphilc

I read some where in an interview with Chris Ramsey, that the rotation of the players into unfamiliar positions is part of his philosophy for player development by getting them out of their comfort zones.

This probably goes someway in explaining why he is excellent at youth development, where results are not important, but not so good as number 1, where results are everything. It may also his explain why he was prepared to leave Furlong so exposed in his early games against Arsenal and Palace.
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:15 - Apr 10 with 2451 viewsMatch82

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 12:57 - Apr 9 by smegma

Ah, so we finally have found out mesias, turns out it wasn't Eze after all
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:24 - Apr 10 with 2435 viewssmegma

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 11:14 - Apr 10 by Dorse

Is Charlie Fox any good? I watched the stream yesterday and I thought he looked promising.

Great prospect. Left footed centre back with a decent football brain. Never seen him have a bad game. Tall and strong, he never wellies the ball upfield but always looks to find a team mate with a pass. Which seems to Chris Ramsey's philosophy. Has made 20 appearances for the under 23s this season having come through the Academy. I really rate him, reminds me of Steve Wicks.
Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 2433 viewssmegma

Under 23 game vs Nottingham Forest today on 09:34 - Apr 10 by CheshireR

He played right back at Burnley a couple of weeks ago. The entire back four were over run that day.

Martin, sorry I couldn't make Turf Moor !! The under 18s today was postponed. I didn't find out until I got to Heston !!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024