Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayweather v McGregor 12:52 - Aug 24 with 9705 viewsDrewster

Please reassure me that I'm not the only person looking at this and thinking this is all completely fixed, and is purely a money making train for Sky, etc.
These 2 are playing up for the cameras and then laughing at the gullible public who are funding their $100m each purses.
Freak show.
Mind you, that blonde sort at yesterday press conference was a bit of alright.
Mayweather v McGregor on 01:29 - Aug 25 with 3294 viewsFredManRave

Mayweather v McGregor on 01:12 - Aug 25 by timcocking

What a disgusting farce it all is, makes you feel ashamed to be a human. God should show himself and thunderbolt both of the @@@@s.

Ahem, looking forward to watching it though...

Agree in principle. The whole build up is a complete farce of a show. That said I'm going to make sure I watch it....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Mayweather v McGregor on 09:51 - Aug 25 with 3193 viewssmegma

You've got more chance of me watching the draw for the EFL/ Cowboy Cup live from Beijing at 4.25am.
Mayweather v McGregor on 23:10 - Aug 25 with 3086 viewsFredManRave

Bloody Hell. The BBC have got a live feed for the weigh in! Who the hell is watching this shíte.

Back in a mo as Moneyweather is due out in his pants very soon...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/boxing/41043639

I've got the Power.

Mayweather v McGregor on 23:54 - Aug 25 with 3051 viewsRoller

I will be so pleased when this "fight" is over. I couldn't give a stuff who wins this nonsense media event, I just hope it withers and dies as soon as the media will allow it to .
Mayweather v McGregor on 00:01 - Aug 26 with 3037 viewsFredManRave

Mayweather v McGregor on 23:54 - Aug 25 by Roller

I will be so pleased when this "fight" is over. I couldn't give a stuff who wins this nonsense media event, I just hope it withers and dies as soon as the media will allow it to .

The rematch will be even bigger!

I've got the Power.

Mayweather v McGregor on 00:17 - Aug 26 with 3030 viewsCiderwithRsie

Mayweather v McGregor on 15:25 - Aug 24 by robith

On another note - this piece on tracking down a boxer who sparred with Mayweather is absolutely stunning

http://www.the42.ie/robert-gorman-3550758-Aug2017/

Not really interested in boxing and this fight has only registered with me as a freak show, but that's a hell of an article. Fair play to the man, alright.
Mayweather v McGregor on 06:55 - Aug 26 with 2980 viewsJAPRANGERS

If they could both go all out using their range of skills without any limit, I think the UFC guy would win?? But as it's limited to boxing, the boxer will win, surely.

I've been into amateur boxing for some 15 years now and whilst I freely admit that I am just average at it (I have the twice broken nose to prove it!) , a top professional skilled boxer would make mincemeat out of a non boxer if limited to boxing only.
Mayweather v McGregor on 07:34 - Aug 26 with 2955 viewsichbinnaughty

Mayweather v McGregor on 13:28 - Aug 24 by ingeminate

It's a complete miss-match. I've been unsuccessfully pleading with my better half that we should use our savings to lump big on Mayweather - as close to free money as you'll ever see.

For extra value look at a mayweather/jack/Davis triple 4k gets you a profit on 2.5k on betfair

All three are shoe-ins IMO.

Davis missed the weight and was stripped of his title.
Hope you didn't lump big on that treble...!
Login to get fewer ads

Mayweather v McGregor on 11:45 - Aug 26 with 2856 viewstraininvain

Mayweather v McGregor on 07:34 - Aug 26 by ichbinnaughty

Davis missed the weight and was stripped of his title.
Hope you didn't lump big on that treble...!

Fight still going ahead. Not sure what that means for the bet.
Mayweather v McGregor on 13:47 - Aug 26 with 2798 viewsingeminate

Mayweather v McGregor on 11:45 - Aug 26 by traininvain

Fight still going ahead. Not sure what that means for the bet.

Think it's ok, put £50 on, so not the end of the world if not, but just checked account and looks fine.

I'm weirdly torn between wanting to win (but then knowing that I missed out on going big) and losing, with it the relief of not going big....

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Mayweather v McGregor on 21:34 - Aug 26 with 2686 viewsCiderwithRsie

Mayweather v McGregor on 01:12 - Aug 25 by timcocking

What a disgusting farce it all is, makes you feel ashamed to be a human. God should show himself and thunderbolt both of the @@@@s.

Ahem, looking forward to watching it though...

I can see your point. Whatever your views of this fight, boxing in general, and even of religion, I have to say that God thunder-bolting the two of them live on TV would be compelling viewing.
Mayweather v McGregor on 22:32 - Aug 26 with 2633 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mayweather v McGregor on 13:47 - Aug 26 by ingeminate

Think it's ok, put £50 on, so not the end of the world if not, but just checked account and looks fine.

I'm weirdly torn between wanting to win (but then knowing that I missed out on going big) and losing, with it the relief of not going big....

I'm not sure what Cognative behavioural therepy is but I think you might need it

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/addiction/Pages/gamblingaddiction.aspx

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mayweather v McGregor on 22:55 - Aug 26 with 2600 viewsingeminate

Mayweather v McGregor on 22:32 - Aug 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm not sure what Cognative behavioural therepy is but I think you might need it

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/addiction/Pages/gamblingaddiction.aspx

You seem a bit strange.

Mayweather v McGregor on 23:03 - Aug 26 with 2582 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mayweather v McGregor on 22:55 - Aug 26 by ingeminate

You seem a bit strange.

Yeah.

Mayweather v McGregor on 23:36 - Aug 26 with 2541 viewsingeminate

Mayweather v McGregor on 23:03 - Aug 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yeah.

Fair enough, aren't we all.

Mayweather v McGregor on 23:46 - Aug 26 with 2526 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mayweather v McGregor on 23:36 - Aug 26 by ingeminate

Fair enough, aren't we all.

We all have our moments. Sorry i didn't mean to preach.

Mayweather v McGregor on 01:47 - Aug 27 with 2465 viewsBoston

Good undercard and even better, two amply endowed blonde ladies on continual camera shot. Really looking forward to them getting excited.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Mayweather v McGregor on 09:28 - Aug 27 with 2232 viewsoldmisery

It's a pity neither of them threw a punch like that Wigan defender. Hashtag, big right hander!
Mayweather v McGregor on 14:26 - Aug 27 with 1984 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It was on for free on my TV; not that I'd have paid to watch it!

It was a total,total farce and amounted to nothing more than a nail in the coffin of boxing's already buried credability!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mayweather v McGregor on 14:45 - Aug 27 with 1949 viewsdanehoop

Seems that a lot of people want to make out it was a much worse fight than it in fact was.

I felt McGregor did surprisingly well considering all of the hyperbole that was being spouted before hand. Undoubtedly took the early rounds and hurt Mayweather with some strong shots, before running out of steam as Mayweather used his experience in the later rounds to wear McGregor down. Far from disgraced and in the end a very watchable fight with a very interesting difference in styles. Mayweather was undoubtedly the better boxer (but that is true of him versus any boxer he has fought) but it wasn't the massive gap in class or mismatch that was being talked about by the boxing purists.

If McGregor chooses to carry on in the boxing ring and learns from this fight the way he has from his other contests, he could have a good career ahead of him.

Never knowingly understood

Mayweather v McGregor on 15:11 - Aug 27 with 1923 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mayweather v McGregor on 14:45 - Aug 27 by danehoop

Seems that a lot of people want to make out it was a much worse fight than it in fact was.

I felt McGregor did surprisingly well considering all of the hyperbole that was being spouted before hand. Undoubtedly took the early rounds and hurt Mayweather with some strong shots, before running out of steam as Mayweather used his experience in the later rounds to wear McGregor down. Far from disgraced and in the end a very watchable fight with a very interesting difference in styles. Mayweather was undoubtedly the better boxer (but that is true of him versus any boxer he has fought) but it wasn't the massive gap in class or mismatch that was being talked about by the boxing purists.

If McGregor chooses to carry on in the boxing ring and learns from this fight the way he has from his other contests, he could have a good career ahead of him.

If it looked like a decent fight, it's because the pair of them decided it would be a decent fight. As a match, it had as much credibility as Mayweather v WWE's Big Show (which Mayweather also won). Which is fine, but I'm sure both of them knew exactly how this would go from the first bell.

Bare bones.

Mayweather v McGregor on 16:47 - Aug 27 with 1843 viewsstuabd

I enjoyed it. McGregor obviously prepared well and tried a few things to disrupt Mayweather, but the guy is just too good even after a longish break and at his age. He knew once he'd taken the sting out of Conor's punches, his superior stamina and boxing skills would take over after a few rounds. A pretty safe plan when you're as good defensively as he is.
Mayweather v McGregor on 22:15 - Aug 27 with 1737 viewsBluce_Ree

I enjoyed it.

Conor lasting ten rounds was a surprise and ultimately Floyd didn't so much finish him as outlast him. Conor trains really hard but he's got that cardio issue that he can't get over.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024