Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? 09:25 - Jul 24 with 14098 viewsPey

Comingback from a holliday i would have expected Austin would already been sold by now.
I don't know if we are in the position to put a deadline to his matter cause to me this has all the last years Remy business smell about it.
I think we should make a statement anyway that other teams have the chance till 1 august to put an offer in.
This whole affair is dragging on from the day we relegated and it is time we put an end to it.
We should not suffer that PL Teams fail to recognize what's Austin value and left with our only option to loan a player to replace him.

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:41 - Jul 24 with 2827 viewsPey

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:41 - Jul 24 by Northernr

You're dreaming. If that was how it worked Loic Remy would have played the first half of the season with us at least.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Have to disagree on this one Clive, Remy had a clause in his contract, if a club came in who plays champions league, we had no choice other then to lose him Chelsea.
Same goes for Mcarthy who had his 3,5 m clause in his contract.

Can be wrong but i don't think Austin has such a clause in his contract .
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:43 - Jul 24 with 2822 viewsPey

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:11 - Jul 24 by TacticalR

Btw, this is why I always advocate wearing clean underpants (in case our pants are pulled down by other clubs and representatives of players).

We have seen some real dirty pants in the past at QPR.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:49 - Jul 24 with 2813 viewsRBlock

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:18 - Jul 24 by Northernr

Total pipe dream.

You saw how it works with Loic Remy last season. If we said to Austin and the clubs that want to buy him that it's £15m and it's by August 5 otherwise it's not happening at all, and that deadline comes and goes, then suddenly at quarter to transfer deadline Chelsea met the asking price he'd be gone. The power is all with the player when they're in Austin's position - the only saving grace for us is he doesn't strike me as the type to throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get his move but if an offer comes in close to the deadline that meets our valuation and Austin wants to go then he'll go regardless of the fix it leaves us in.

So in the scenario where Chelsea come in at the 11th hour with 15m and we would only have Mackie, Polter and RGC up top would the club sell? If he is still contracted for a year and we have no time to bring in a replacement, why would the club not turn down the offer? The aforementioned 3 forwards would leave us v.light, and although Charlie would rather play in the Prem I'm sure he would understand if we did not let him leave at that late juncture.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 15:39 - Jul 24 with 2725 viewsMatch82

A deadline will work but only if it's imposed by charlie.

If he comes out and says "I want my future settled by the time season kicks off, otherwise I'm staying at qpr till january" then that's the only way I can see it happening.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 15:52 - Jul 24 with 2709 viewsJamie

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:49 - Jul 24 by RBlock

So in the scenario where Chelsea come in at the 11th hour with 15m and we would only have Mackie, Polter and RGC up top would the club sell? If he is still contracted for a year and we have no time to bring in a replacement, why would the club not turn down the offer? The aforementioned 3 forwards would leave us v.light, and although Charlie would rather play in the Prem I'm sure he would understand if we did not let him leave at that late juncture.

At the risk of being the world's biggest cynic, if any big club came in on deadline day for Austin and it looked like we were going to reject it, the transfer request would be slapped in so fast your head would spin.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 15:56 - Jul 24 with 2702 viewstommytanker

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 09:59 - Jul 24 by Pey

If that would mean Austin would be staying then thatis fine for me.
Mid table or a cheeky aim for a play off spot then.

Whats cheeky about aiming for a playoff spot?
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 15:57 - Jul 24 with 2700 viewsadhoc_qpr

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 15:52 - Jul 24 by Jamie

At the risk of being the world's biggest cynic, if any big club came in on deadline day for Austin and it looked like we were going to reject it, the transfer request would be slapped in so fast your head would spin.

Just because a player puts in a transfer request, doesn't mean we have to accept the bid though?

I think Austin is clever enough to realise that if a bigger/top half club doesn't come in now, they probably will in January. I like the fact he doesn't want to jump ship into another relegation dogfight for a bit of cash *cough* Caulker, Fer *cough*

And if they don't bite in January, he'll be in massive demand on a free next summer and will probably get a big wage boost in the bargain.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 16:50 - Jul 24 with 2643 viewsrsonist

A top half club is extremely unlikely to ever commit anything like £15m of their resources for Charlie because he is a classic #9 in a an era where they are out of fashion. It's not just about goals = value, it's the piece in the puzzle he represents for a team, and his hold and lay game isn't strong enough to cover it.

He might be an interesting option for more successful clubs at half the price but at the moment only certain mid-lower half clubs play to his strengths. Villa and Newcastle will always be his best moves, particularly the latter for the fan adulation bubble and also because they already have a potentially excellent target man for him in Mitrovic.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 16:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:02 - Jul 24 with 2624 viewsNorthernr

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 12:49 - Jul 24 by RBlock

Come on mate he'd be off like a shot.

This thread reads like Loic Remy never happened!
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:18 - Jul 24 with 2592 viewsMark1

Hasn't he had an issue with his knees in the past ?

Maybe this has put some off the money being asked.

How much did we pay for him ?
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:19 - Jul 24 with 2587 viewsNorthernr

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:18 - Jul 24 by Mark1

Hasn't he had an issue with his knees in the past ?

Maybe this has put some off the money being asked.

How much did we pay for him ?

£4m and we don't do medicals. He's also had a longstanding shoulder problem which kept him out for a few months in the promotion season - the Mobido Maiga months as they'll always be remembered.

So that might stand in our favour, if somebody with a proper medical team tries to rush him through on deadline day it might fall through.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:43 - Jul 24 with 2551 viewsAntti_Heinola

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:19 - Jul 24 by Northernr

£4m and we don't do medicals. He's also had a longstanding shoulder problem which kept him out for a few months in the promotion season - the Mobido Maiga months as they'll always be remembered.

So that might stand in our favour, if somebody with a proper medical team tries to rush him through on deadline day it might fall through.

Norf did you see West Ham brought Maiga on after about an hour last night? Still getting a game!

Bare bones.

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:44 - Jul 24 with 2548 viewsLblock

I think Swansea could enter the bidding if Gomes "swans" off to a huge pay deal in the Middle East

I dont really see him fitting the bill for Swansea though... needs another player up top with him at times.

Whoever thought up the date for the transfer window needs shooting. It's farcical

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:52 - Jul 24 with 2534 viewsderbyhoop

Maybe we'll have to accept £12m with add-ons that could take it up to £15m.

Personally, I'd be amazed if Austin, Fer and Phillips are still here on Sept 1st

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 18:04 - Jul 24 with 2522 viewsNorthernr

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:43 - Jul 24 by Antti_Heinola

Norf did you see West Ham brought Maiga on after about an hour last night? Still getting a game!

I saw a caption on a photograph in a match report this morning along the lines of MISSED: Maiga spurns West Ham's best chance in extra time.

Sammy Koejoe has shit out things of more use than that lump.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 18:20 - Jul 24 with 2400 viewsLewes_r

Let's not kid ourselves

He'll go by sept and he'll go for 15 mil

That's what the club valued him at. It's like the house buying chain hence the last minute deals once all things are in place

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 18:29 - Jul 24 with 2382 viewsdaveB

We all know he's going to go, Ramsey has admitted as much as well. If we end up in the same position as last year with no replacement then we should hang our heads, we've known since we were relegated that Austin would leave, he will leave so should be planning without him and getting his replacement in now.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 19:16 - Jul 24 with 2340 viewsted_hendrix

Pey, re your original point; we wont be making any statement as you suggest we're not in that enviable position, our financial situation will dictate matters concerning where Charlie will be playing next season and it wont be with QPR.
How we got through last season and got promoted when Charlie was out injured I'll never know, what I do know is we are still woefully weak up front at the time of writing and soon when Charlie has gone we'll be even weaker, I'm a wee bit surprised that this hasn't been addressed.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 20:16 - Jul 24 with 2274 viewsPey

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 19:16 - Jul 24 by ted_hendrix

Pey, re your original point; we wont be making any statement as you suggest we're not in that enviable position, our financial situation will dictate matters concerning where Charlie will be playing next season and it wont be with QPR.
How we got through last season and got promoted when Charlie was out injured I'll never know, what I do know is we are still woefully weak up front at the time of writing and soon when Charlie has gone we'll be even weaker, I'm a wee bit surprised that this hasn't been addressed.

Ted, my idea that when we would announce a certain deadline the team would learn to gel with or without Charlie or even find out what kind of formation and tactics to opt.

Don't reckon we are in the same situation as the last season we went up and missed Charlie for 6 or 7 weeks.
Hope we now have more midfield players who can chip in with more goals from the midfield with the likes of Chery, JET, Gladwin and Luongo.
Charlie will be a 20+ goalscorer in the Championship and if he goes we need a striker with pace who will benefit from the mentioned midfielders to come close to that number.

From what i have seen that player from Brentford would fit the bill.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 22:20 - Jul 24 with 2179 viewsSpiritofGregory

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 11:30 - Jul 24 by lave16

15 million until august 1st otherwise he stays....

Set the demands and stick to them otherwise we'll end up with another Remi situation. Make it clear to Austin that it's down to his agent to get him a move. If he doesn't get a move it's his agents fault.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 23:02 - Jul 24 with 2151 viewsRBlock

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 17:02 - Jul 24 by Northernr

Come on mate he'd be off like a shot.

This thread reads like Loic Remy never happened!

But the Remy situation is slightly different no? He had a fixed release clause. Charlie is still contracted for another year. I'm sure he would love to go BUT if the club wanted to keep him and run down the contract is that not in our hands? I expect him to go, don't get me wrong. I'm just talking hypotheticals here. I'm sure the club would take 15m, and rightly so given our financial situation, but if we really wanted him for another year how much of a choice would he have in the matter?
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 23:15 - Jul 24 with 2130 viewsBrightonhoop

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 23:02 - Jul 24 by RBlock

But the Remy situation is slightly different no? He had a fixed release clause. Charlie is still contracted for another year. I'm sure he would love to go BUT if the club wanted to keep him and run down the contract is that not in our hands? I expect him to go, don't get me wrong. I'm just talking hypotheticals here. I'm sure the club would take 15m, and rightly so given our financial situation, but if we really wanted him for another year how much of a choice would he have in the matter?

On the basis he goes on a free neat summer, and that will skew his value in January if he was still with us, s it nit better h e goes now for decent money?

Off Remy last season we have to prepare for that this season.
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 23:36 - Jul 24 with 2107 viewsRBlock

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 23:15 - Jul 24 by Brightonhoop

On the basis he goes on a free neat summer, and that will skew his value in January if he was still with us, s it nit better h e goes now for decent money?

Off Remy last season we have to prepare for that this season.

Yes it probably is better he goes now for decent money. The ideal situation for the club and Austin is that a half decent team stick in a 15m bid now, allowing us time to reinvest in another striker. However as I alluded to earlier, in the situation where Top team X come in at the 11th hour, not leaving us the time to replace him, what do we do then? Take 15 and utilise the loan market? Force him to run the contract and leave for 0? Or rely on RGC, Polter and Mackie for the season?
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 00:03 - Jul 25 with 2084 viewsVancouverHoop

When Rémy was with us we were in the Premier League, so there was some rationale to believing he might stay. Not enough for HR to sit around with his fingers up his bum instead of looking for a replacement, but an outside chance.

Austin leaving, though, is only a matter of when, and for how much. If he has a cluster of teams in mind and nothing happens with them, he'll wait until January. I'm guessing that wouldn't suit anyone though. CR & TF must have been looking for replacements all Summer, and are continuing to do so. Certainly they won't be building around Austin up front. That would be senseless. If he stays until January, fine, he'll play but it might not be in a system designed to bring the best out of him. If his productivity declines it will, potentially, affect both the interest of buyers and his price. No one wants that. Not him, not QPR. Interested clubs – and all parties will know who they are – OTOH, can afford to wait, in hopes of getting a better deal in mid-August.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2015 0:04]
Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 07:18 - Jul 25 with 2016 viewsLoft1979

Should we have a deadline concerning Austin's transfer? on 00:03 - Jul 25 by VancouverHoop

When Rémy was with us we were in the Premier League, so there was some rationale to believing he might stay. Not enough for HR to sit around with his fingers up his bum instead of looking for a replacement, but an outside chance.

Austin leaving, though, is only a matter of when, and for how much. If he has a cluster of teams in mind and nothing happens with them, he'll wait until January. I'm guessing that wouldn't suit anyone though. CR & TF must have been looking for replacements all Summer, and are continuing to do so. Certainly they won't be building around Austin up front. That would be senseless. If he stays until January, fine, he'll play but it might not be in a system designed to bring the best out of him. If his productivity declines it will, potentially, affect both the interest of buyers and his price. No one wants that. Not him, not QPR. Interested clubs – and all parties will know who they are – OTOH, can afford to wait, in hopes of getting a better deal in mid-August.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2015 0:04]

30+ days to go.
Charlie is actually the best striker left on the Market. Now that Raheem is gone Chaz is next.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024