Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast 14:05 - Apr 17 with 10214 viewsbrewers_hoop

https://soundcloud.com/west-twelve-media/how-to-bbq-with-ale-faurlin

What a man - helps his mate out in a Chiswick coffee shop to keep himself busy!
Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 07:19 - Apr 18 with 2355 viewsBushman

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 03:49 - Apr 18 by QPR_ARG

Trust me, YOU DON'T!

Hooliganism here got so bad and so institutionalised that nowadays, they are like celebrities for a good number of stupid fans and they have bonds with politicians, police, club directors and even some players!

At River Plate (I'm sure you heard the name of the club), their firm were given the task of providing the club with security during matches. Something like the stewards, but a lot more dodgier.

They control the parking spaces several blocks around the stadium (basically, instead of being able to park your car in the street for free -it is during the rest of the week-, you have to pay some guys a large fee -at risk of having your car damaged if you don't-).

They keep a % of the merchandise sold on matchdays around the stadium.

And it got so mental that they even took a % of a player's transfer fee to Europe (it's rumoured they got a cut of the money the club received from Lazio when they sold GK Juan Pablo Carrizo).

A few years ago, you'd fear to get caught in the middle of a ground battle between rival clubs' gangs. That stopped, but not for the better!

These days, it's more normal you'd get in the middle of a battle between two separate gangs FROM THE SAME CLUB, such is the money at stake for this thugs.

It's normal some of these hooligans will have action for a big club and then for a lower league local side. They'd team up with gangs from other clubs to help each other in their internal battles for control of the firm.

They are utter scum. And because they also have links with the forces and the government, they are never sent to jail. And if they are, they walk free the next day.

For a couple of seasons now, it's forbidden to go watch your team when you play away. It's home team supporters only nowadays. And it's taking the best out of our game.

The best thing for everyone that's ever come to Argentina to watch football was the atmosphere (and the fact you can still stand in the terraces), but it's not like it used to be.

That said...next time we play Chelsea, I might put up a word with some people to send them around their team bus or to get them to seat on Ellerslie Road! ;)

Incredible insight,interesting & alarming. thanks.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 09:36 - Apr 18 with 2299 viewsPunteR

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 03:49 - Apr 18 by QPR_ARG

Trust me, YOU DON'T!

Hooliganism here got so bad and so institutionalised that nowadays, they are like celebrities for a good number of stupid fans and they have bonds with politicians, police, club directors and even some players!

At River Plate (I'm sure you heard the name of the club), their firm were given the task of providing the club with security during matches. Something like the stewards, but a lot more dodgier.

They control the parking spaces several blocks around the stadium (basically, instead of being able to park your car in the street for free -it is during the rest of the week-, you have to pay some guys a large fee -at risk of having your car damaged if you don't-).

They keep a % of the merchandise sold on matchdays around the stadium.

And it got so mental that they even took a % of a player's transfer fee to Europe (it's rumoured they got a cut of the money the club received from Lazio when they sold GK Juan Pablo Carrizo).

A few years ago, you'd fear to get caught in the middle of a ground battle between rival clubs' gangs. That stopped, but not for the better!

These days, it's more normal you'd get in the middle of a battle between two separate gangs FROM THE SAME CLUB, such is the money at stake for this thugs.

It's normal some of these hooligans will have action for a big club and then for a lower league local side. They'd team up with gangs from other clubs to help each other in their internal battles for control of the firm.

They are utter scum. And because they also have links with the forces and the government, they are never sent to jail. And if they are, they walk free the next day.

For a couple of seasons now, it's forbidden to go watch your team when you play away. It's home team supporters only nowadays. And it's taking the best out of our game.

The best thing for everyone that's ever come to Argentina to watch football was the atmosphere (and the fact you can still stand in the terraces), but it's not like it used to be.

That said...next time we play Chelsea, I might put up a word with some people to send them around their team bus or to get them to seat on Ellerslie Road! ;)

Thanks for the info QPR Arg , I didn't realise how bad it is.
Sounds like the corruption stems from the top rather then the footie fans/hooligans....
Agree about Chelsea. Be good to make some Chelsea players "disappear".

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 09:36 - Apr 18 with 2298 viewsJamie

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 00:59 - Apr 18 by Hunterhoop

I love Ale Faurlin.

Great man. Great QPR player. The best 'pass and move' centre midfielder I've ever seen play for us (born 86) and I don't say that lightly.

Quality player, who, at the time he did his first ACL had made more tackles in the Prem than any other player that season AND had the second highest pass completion rate at 83%. Would have been picked by Argentina before the end of the season and probably ended up at Spurs or Arsenal.

Such appalling luck to do his ACL twice more.

I really hope he's here next year and orchestrating our midfield like the conductor he truly is (and the conductor Barton wishes he was).

We would all love to see Ale pulling the strings for us yet again. Hell, if I walked in on the guy shagging my wife I'd be proud.

But how many players have ever had any sort of career after 3 ACLs...
Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 11:53 - Apr 18 with 2256 viewsTacticalR

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 19:07 - Apr 17 by ted_hendrix

What surprises me about AF is nobody ever seems to mention the fact that he was a great header of the ball especially defensively.
I think he's been dealt a cruel blow regarding his injuries during his stay with us,

Landing after a jump is one of the two main causes of ACL, so heading is something a player who has had an ACL injury is probably going to think twice about.

Air hostess clique

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 13:37 - Apr 18 with 2210 viewsJonDoeman

Ale Faurlin on the QPR Podcast on 11:53 - Apr 18 by TacticalR

Landing after a jump is one of the two main causes of ACL, so heading is something a player who has had an ACL injury is probably going to think twice about.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024