Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our captain 17:28 - Jan 17 with 1810 viewsJackfath

Spent the vast majority of the second half holding his shoulder. Why didn't he get substituted? We had two centre halfs on the bench.

I am at a loss as to know why he stayed on.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Our captain on 17:44 - Jan 17 with 1714 viewslondonlisa2001

Because he indicated that he was fine to carry on. When Barrow came on for Dyer, he was asked and said he wanted to stay on.

He looked in particular pain every time one of their players skinned him though.
Our captain on 17:54 - Jan 17 with 1644 viewsGeoffThom

Should have been taken off ,was in no fit state to stay on and could gave done more damage to himself bad management not to haul him off
Our captain on 17:56 - Jan 17 with 1624 viewsDieLoo

He was nursing his injured ego all the way through the match. Pulled his jersey over his head at one point. Inspirational.
Our captain on 17:58 - Jan 17 with 1598 viewsblaine_scfc

Our captain on 17:56 - Jan 17 by DieLoo

He was nursing his injured ego all the way through the match. Pulled his jersey over his head at one point. Inspirational.

Quality defender on his day, and when you are protecting a lead he can be outstanding, but when things go against us, he hides and brings others down with him. He'll always be a legend to me here, but it's to late in the day for him to change now.
Our captain on 18:00 - Jan 17 with 1574 viewsJackfath

Absolutely clueless. If injured the decision shouldn't have been his. If he's playing on with a damaged shoulder knowingly then he needs a severe hoof up the arse.

Not impressed.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Our captain on 18:02 - Jan 17 with 1563 viewsheadcleaner

often the first player with his hands on his hips when we conceded and his head always seems to drop saying that has more pluses going for him than criticism against him
Our captain on 18:13 - Jan 17 with 1492 viewsPacemaker

I couldn't understand Ash staying on the game was gone he was only ever going to make any injury worse and/or let the side down due to the injury, shouldn't have been his decision in my opinion but to be fair to Monk if your Capt indicates he is fine to play on you accept that.

I did see Ash putting an arm around Carroll, Fernandez and Olivera speaking to them during the game it's the first time I have seen him doing that for a while but perhaps today was a day for bawling players out rather that putting an arm around them?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Our captain on 21:27 - Jan 17 with 1327 viewsJackfath

There's been many a person question him as a captain but today he was far far from that.

I don't normally criticise players, but today Mr Williams, you let us all down.

Login to get fewer ads

Our captain on 21:34 - Jan 17 with 1292 viewsyogibear_412

Our captain on 21:27 - Jan 17 by Jackfath

There's been many a person question him as a captain but today he was far far from that.

Yeah sure, he was the reason we lost. You really talk utter bollocks sometimes.
Our captain on 21:39 - Jan 17 with 1264 viewsWindy_Miller

Dyer, Routs and Williams have become too comfortable in their positions under their old 'Mucka' the manager imo.

Need to drop a few regulars for the remainder of the season to get the quality back. Maybe Garry needs to get a bit more ruthless like Mr Mourinho does with his stars?

Poll: After last seasons, which team would you like to beat the most next season?

Our captain on 21:39 - Jan 17 with 1264 viewsJackfath

Our captain on 21:34 - Jan 17 by yogibear_412

Yeah sure, he was the reason we lost. You really talk utter bollocks sometimes.

Did I say he was the reason we lost?

Our captain on 21:40 - Jan 17 with 1259 viewsMyFinalHeaven

He was injured, and it was clear he needed to be taken off despite what he thought. Don't know why Monk let his captain overrule him. The manager should always be in charge.

This is not a good sign. Monk sacrificed the good of the team for his captain's ego.

Come on you Swans.

Our captain on 22:02 - Jan 17 with 1202 viewsbargoedjack

Our captain on 21:39 - Jan 17 by Windy_Miller

Dyer, Routs and Williams have become too comfortable in their positions under their old 'Mucka' the manager imo.

Need to drop a few regulars for the remainder of the season to get the quality back. Maybe Garry needs to get a bit more ruthless like Mr Mourinho does with his stars?

Dyer was dropped every week almost when Montero was fit.

Ash is still our best defender imo and while Barrow is pushing for a start, I still think Routs is better starting most of the games since he's better defensively ...

I can see Barrow taking his place sooner rather than later though if Barrow keeps improving and Routs doesn't start getting closer to his old self ...

Having said that Emnes has been pushing harder too ...
[Post edited 17 Jan 2015 22:04]
Our captain on 22:04 - Jan 17 with 1194 views50pencehead

The way our bench was set up today it seemed obvious that a change at centre half was a sensible option, was Barrow going to get us back into the game at 4 nil down?

Ash had a stinker today tho 💩

Feet like a Toblerone

Our captain on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 1182 viewsDarran

Our captain on 22:04 - Jan 17 by 50pencehead

The way our bench was set up today it seemed obvious that a change at centre half was a sensible option, was Barrow going to get us back into the game at 4 nil down?

Ash had a stinker today tho 💩

The bench set up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our captain on 22:11 - Jan 17 with 1162 viewsjack_lord

My feelings too. Ash and Monk should really have a word with themselves about this. We have two centre halves on the bench and we stick Barrow on when we have no chance but the old boys decide to risk further injury and damage to our captain. When is magic mushroom season?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Our captain on 22:15 - Jan 17 with 1142 viewsBobJack

Our captain on 21:27 - Jan 17 by Jackfath

Just criticising Williams and Cornell today, fairplay.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Our captain on 22:16 - Jan 17 with 1136 viewsJackfath

Our captain on 22:15 - Jan 17 by BobJack

Just criticising Williams and Cornell today, fairplay.

I am surprised that you are against fans voicing opinions about players. Are they above the criticisms of those who pay to watch them?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024