Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hate em... The Fakes... 09:28 - Aug 2 with 2383 viewsRangerJim

...But any legal eagles out here have any idea what this could mean for them?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/reading/10217043/Reading-kick-of

Reading will begin their Championship campaign at home to Ipswich on Saturday with a threat of a government investigation into the club’s financial affairs.

The club’s owner, Anton Zingarevich, and his supermodel wife Katsia are frequent visitors to the Madejski Stadium since he paid for 51 per cent of the shares last May and are expected to take their seats in the directors’ box.

But Telegraph Sport has learnt that the club’s Gibraltar-registered parent company, Thames Sports Investment, which Zingarevich used to take over the club, has not filed accounts since it was incorporated in January last year.

That has prompted an inquiry by Companies House, the government administrator of British companies into the UK subsidiary, Reading Football Club Limited. It wants to know why, in the absence of accounts for TSI, the UK-based company did not file a mandatory cash-flow statement in its own accounts for the 2011-12 season.

In its accounts Reading claimed it was exercising an exemption from reporting the details over cash movements. But the exemption requires its parent company to have provided them instead.

A senior source at UK Companies House said: “TSI is a Gibraltar company and there has been no disclosure or reference to Reading in any consolidated accounts. That wouldn’t make it eligible not to file a cash-flow statement here. We’re writing to [Bryan Stabler] the secretary of Reading Football Club Limited to ask him to explain why there is no cash-flow statement here” .

I wouldnt wanna be Bryan right now.

I hate em... The Fakes... on 10:49 - Aug 2 with 2253 viewsJuzzie

I eally hate the term "the fakes". It's what a 7 year old would say. It's like Fulham fans calling us bitters, makes them sound like 7 year olds too.

I couldn't give a fig who had the hoops 'first'. Do Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Exeter, Brentford etc all argue over whoever had red/white stripes first or Chelsea, Everton, Birmingham etc with blue shirts and so on?

One thing I will say, we've had the hoops longer (they chopped and changed a lot especially during the 80's) and we are synonymous with the blue & white hoops.

See them and people think QPR. So much so, someone on another football forum mentioned that the Championship now has quite a few teams in hoops and listed QPR, Doncaster & Yeovil and promptly forgot about Reading! The thread was even entitled "Super hoops thrice", that's how much people forget about Reading!
I hate em... The Fakes... on 10:52 - Aug 2 with 2238 viewsbob566

I hate em... The Fakes... on 10:49 - Aug 2 by Juzzie

I eally hate the term "the fakes". It's what a 7 year old would say. It's like Fulham fans calling us bitters, makes them sound like 7 year olds too.

I couldn't give a fig who had the hoops 'first'. Do Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, Exeter, Brentford etc all argue over whoever had red/white stripes first or Chelsea, Everton, Birmingham etc with blue shirts and so on?

One thing I will say, we've had the hoops longer (they chopped and changed a lot especially during the 80's) and we are synonymous with the blue & white hoops.

See them and people think QPR. So much so, someone on another football forum mentioned that the Championship now has quite a few teams in hoops and listed QPR, Doncaster & Yeovil and promptly forgot about Reading! The thread was even entitled "Super hoops thrice", that's how much people forget about Reading!

this.

I really don't give a s**t who wore a kit first. Who wore red first. United or pool. Who gives a toss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024