Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes? 09:58 - Mar 26 with 2636 viewsdingdangblue

Is that the end for him at Dale. Really thought he might have a part to play in keeping us up when he was put back in the team after Colemans arrival. His goals v bury and Huddersfield were class but obviously something has gone on when he was subbed at ht v Tranmere for him not even to be in the squad against Brentford. Problems it seems with Widdowson and Adams too with them not featuring recently. In the position we are in we cant afford an unhappy camp - there are still 21 points to play for and some very winable games - but only if everyone is pulling in the same direction. Lets hope there are some clear the air talks before Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Grimes? on 17:23 - Mar 26 with 736 viewsSalwaDale

My take on the Grimes situation falls into both camps.

1) The boy is one talented footballer at this level. He has great feet and a real eye for goal. To utilise him we MUST build the side around him and make sure he has a target man to play off and we must allow him to play his game, he will score the goals to bring us back up.

2) Far too lazy, sulky, petulant and very bad as a team player, we MUST get rid ASAP.

I'd happily accept option 1 or option 2 but I really, really don't want him here next season as a bit part player as he has become. All or nothing, don't mind which. The only thing is that JC choosing option 1 would mean he had to allow a little extra slack to Grimes. Plenty of managers have done it before (Ferguson and Cantona being one example) but I don't know whether it is the right option for us.

TBBT

Grimes? on 17:32 - Mar 26 with 722 viewsRalphs12

As col has said the relagation, if it comes, could work wonders for Grimes and us. If we keep him (really hope we do as I rate him) and he bags them for fun, which I'm fairly sure he can, its only going to draw attention and he may be our next 300k sale.

I really don't think 3 managers in a season has done him or any of the players for that matter any favours.
Grimes? on 19:02 - Mar 26 with 689 viewsBeckWMG

Grimes? on 17:32 - Mar 26 by Ralphs12

As col has said the relagation, if it comes, could work wonders for Grimes and us. If we keep him (really hope we do as I rate him) and he bags them for fun, which I'm fairly sure he can, its only going to draw attention and he may be our next 300k sale.

I really don't think 3 managers in a season has done him or any of the players for that matter any favours.

Grimes is a quality striker. We need to keep him.

If you look back on how many games he's started out of position, been subbed off, started on the bench when he's our top goal scorer think I'd be pissed off to be fair.

Looking back on the season I can't think of one player who's stood out so to say he's not up to it, attitude problem is abit unfair I think.

The whole squad need to look a themselves and realise they have under-performed.

Put Grimes in a 4-4-2, not a crappy 4-5-1 come 4-3-3 and he'd do the business.

Grimes? on 19:05 - Mar 26 with 684 views49thseason

Grimes? on 16:53 - Mar 26 by TalkingSutty

Grimes isnt playing for a reason, JC isnt the first manager not to include him in the team this season, the other two also saw fit not to select him. That tells me everything i need to know about this lad. They cant all be wrong.

You dont refuse to play your leading goalscorer for no reason, he wasnt even on the bench on Saturday. Some people are suggesting he can put two fingers up to everybody connected with the club (Lack of effort), disrespect anybody he wants, sulk and throw his toys out of the pram and then we should build the team around him.

The statement that he "lights up when we get to the opposition penaly area" is a insult. How many times have crosses flashed across the six yard box, only for nobody to be on hand to tap it into a empty net. Grimes would be the first out of the club if i was in charge. His whole body language stinks !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Its not easy to get on the end of crosses, when no one expects the cross to come in - even the players responsible (JLAA or Adams) don't seem to be able to deliver telling early crosses.

If we had a proper winger who could reliably beat a fullback and cross a ball without passing back to his full back twice (which means that that when the cross does eventually arrive all the defenders are facing the half way line looking for runners to mark, rather than facing the goal and trying to look over their shoulders for runners), then I think we would see an entirely different Grimes.

He must be hugely frustrated that he never gets an early cross, never gets a ball played into the space he creates and never (up to Huddersfield anyway) gets a knock down in an area he can do something with. The guy needs service .. feed the Grimes .. he will score!

Grimes? on 19:12 - Mar 26 with 679 viewsSuddenLad

Grimes? on 19:05 - Mar 26 by 49thseason

Its not easy to get on the end of crosses, when no one expects the cross to come in - even the players responsible (JLAA or Adams) don't seem to be able to deliver telling early crosses.

If we had a proper winger who could reliably beat a fullback and cross a ball without passing back to his full back twice (which means that that when the cross does eventually arrive all the defenders are facing the half way line looking for runners to mark, rather than facing the goal and trying to look over their shoulders for runners), then I think we would see an entirely different Grimes.

He must be hugely frustrated that he never gets an early cross, never gets a ball played into the space he creates and never (up to Huddersfield anyway) gets a knock down in an area he can do something with. The guy needs service .. feed the Grimes .. he will score!

Everything you say about Grimes is correct, but he MUST cut out the sulky fits, and improve the body language.

It irritates the supporters, and I'm sure his team mates don't take kindly to it either.

He has ability, but lets himself down.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Grimes? on 19:23 - Mar 26 with 673 viewsShun

He has to play for me. Similarly to WiganDale though, I'd build the side around him. That might not be as difficult as it first sounds. Play him in a front 2 with Grimes, two wingers supplying crossing (Adams and JLAA perhaps) and he'll score tonnes, especially in League Two.
Grimes? on 19:32 - Mar 26 with 660 views49thseason

Grimes? on 19:12 - Mar 26 by SuddenLad

Everything you say about Grimes is correct, but he MUST cut out the sulky fits, and improve the body language.

It irritates the supporters, and I'm sure his team mates don't take kindly to it either.

He has ability, but lets himself down.

I don't think he would be sulking if he got some decent service. The lad thrives on scoring goals (what forward doesn't). Give him the football in areas he can do something and he will be fine. He hasn't got Dagnall's work ethic but I would back him to score more one on ones if only we had a midfielder to play him in.
Grimes? on 19:51 - Mar 26 with 646 viewsseasidedale

grimes is contracted to end of next season
Login to get fewer ads

Grimes? on 19:57 - Mar 26 with 642 viewspnc4eva1

Grimes works best with another forward making runs not on his own.

With Ball he looked good. With Symes he has shown glimpses of his ability.

As a loan target man he looks poo.

Confidence is the key to getting the best out of him. Not dropping him and putting him on the bench

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Grimes? on 20:11 - Mar 26 with 626 viewsClivert

We only ever had a chance of getting out of this mess by scoring goals once that Long had been brought in to improve the feeble defence we had and Grimes was/is the only player that we have in the squad who was capable of scoring those goals. I think that JC just doesn't fancy him as a player and therefore has seldom used him.
Grimes? on 22:06 - Mar 26 with 579 viewsdingdangblue

Grimes? on 20:11 - Mar 26 by Clivert

We only ever had a chance of getting out of this mess by scoring goals once that Long had been brought in to improve the feeble defence we had and Grimes was/is the only player that we have in the squad who was capable of scoring those goals. I think that JC just doesn't fancy him as a player and therefore has seldom used him.

The front 3 of Grimes supported by adams and akpro that ripped bury to shreds was used once more the following game v Scunthorpe. Had Adams scored the open goal chance we may have stuck with it a bit longer. In came Symes, Akpro got injured and we havent seen it since.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Grimes? on 13:23 - Mar 27 with 529 viewsSaxonDale

Grimes? on 19:23 - Mar 26 by Shun

He has to play for me. Similarly to WiganDale though, I'd build the side around him. That might not be as difficult as it first sounds. Play him in a front 2 with Grimes, two wingers supplying crossing (Adams and JLAA perhaps) and he'll score tonnes, especially in League Two.

I think a return to League 2 would at least see 442 used more regularly, if that's going to be the case then I can't think of many strikers I'd rather have at League 2 level than Grimes.
Grimes? on 14:55 - Mar 27 with 490 viewsolympicdale

Grimes? on 13:23 - Mar 27 by SaxonDale

I think a return to League 2 would at least see 442 used more regularly, if that's going to be the case then I can't think of many strikers I'd rather have at League 2 level than Grimes.

442 has to be the formation played in L2,we need to attack teams from the off, and if Grimes wants to stay we MUST keep him, because he will definitely do a job in that league, with someone like Grant/Symes/ alongside him.

Life is a game of fate.

Grimes? on 15:38 - Mar 27 with 459 viewsBarryStrange

Grimes? on 16:53 - Mar 26 by TalkingSutty

Grimes isnt playing for a reason, JC isnt the first manager not to include him in the team this season, the other two also saw fit not to select him. That tells me everything i need to know about this lad. They cant all be wrong.

You dont refuse to play your leading goalscorer for no reason, he wasnt even on the bench on Saturday. Some people are suggesting he can put two fingers up to everybody connected with the club (Lack of effort), disrespect anybody he wants, sulk and throw his toys out of the pram and then we should build the team around him.

The statement that he "lights up when we get to the opposition penaly area" is a insult. How many times have crosses flashed across the six yard box, only for nobody to be on hand to tap it into a empty net. Grimes would be the first out of the club if i was in charge. His whole body language stinks !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That post is funnier if you take word "language" out of the last sentence. It would also explain his negative impact on the dressing room.
Grimes? on 16:36 - Mar 27 with 439 viewsmaybee

Grimes? on 15:38 - Mar 27 by BarryStrange

That post is funnier if you take word "language" out of the last sentence. It would also explain his negative impact on the dressing room.

Well spotted Barry. No need to ask how you came up with your username.
Grimes? on 19:04 - Mar 27 with 363 viewsdingdangblue

Grimes? on 16:36 - Mar 27 by maybee

Well spotted Barry. No need to ask how you came up with your username.

Away from the messageboard he's just known as Strange Barry,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024