Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam Ant. 20:10 - Oct 18 with 2312 viewsDiscodroids

Adam Ant tomorrow night lads. Many of you are probably too young to remember but they were a half decent punk band before all that ‘Prince Charming’' ‘stand and deliver’ ‘goody two shoes’ carcinogenic shit.

Always thought Adam was more than just a pop act.. Jordan. 'Sniffin Glue', Mclaren, vivienne westwood 'sex'. Blitz club, Rusty Egan... a Petri dish mutation of punk and new wave..

First guitar riff i learned at 13 was ‘Dog eat dog’ on East ham Daves battered 60’s six string , Epiphone acoustic.

Not a huge fan Of Adams music after ’81. but there you go . probably be a load of old nostalgic tom tit but ’er indoors Jo deserves a night out..

Fantastical to me ,but according to wiki Adam is 69 and Marco Pirroni is 65!.. i always thought adam was in his early 60's and Marco was 80!

Who knows, probably percolate a tear or two while he knocks out 'Car Trouble' as i think of how young , beautiful , innocent and wonderfully Niave we all were back then before the weight of the world crushed our generation into molecular decimation, with its poison arrows of Mortgages, work, Kids, health, relationships, Divorce, money, Addictions and keeping your head above the plasma pool of basic need as a homo sapien in 2024 .

All that shit that is the knuckle duster of life 24/7 in the one square yard in front of your face.

Before that there was punk. And there was Adam.

Hello , my name is Glenn, I'm 56 and i'm An Adam Ant Addict.

[Post edited 18 Oct 20:13]

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 20:26 - Oct 18 with 1830 viewsGus_iom

Aw, never really got into him, but your general vibe moved me, Disco. I know where you are coming from.
I remember seeing Adam Ant interviewed a while back, and thought 'top bloke'.
Adam Ant. on 20:26 - Oct 18 with 1830 views_tf_

I was too young to see them but remember all the older boys in school (Croydon) coming back from gigs and raving about the original line up (and attendant punch ups). Bought the Zerox single and can still recall how mysterious it all seemed - the D the wrong way round and the struck through O. The moment he jumped into the mainstream he was dead to the original lot. Were Martian Dance any better? That's another story...
Adam Ant. on 20:29 - Oct 18 with 1825 viewsPaddyhoops

Adam Ant. on 20:26 - Oct 18 by Gus_iom

Aw, never really got into him, but your general vibe moved me, Disco. I know where you are coming from.

Always had a coffee in a little cafe in Kensington of a morning .
Sat outside most of the time. Near Gloucester Road if I’m not mistaken.
Adam Ant. on 20:36 - Oct 18 with 1781 viewsHayesender

Saw him must be 12 years ago now at Hammersmith. He did the entire Dirk wears white sox album, before changing into his King's of the wild frontier persona and doing a load of that stuff as well.

One of the best gigs I've ever been to

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Adam Ant. on 20:47 - Oct 18 with 1716 viewsFearless

Adam Ant. on 20:36 - Oct 18 by Hayesender

Saw him must be 12 years ago now at Hammersmith. He did the entire Dirk wears white sox album, before changing into his King's of the wild frontier persona and doing a load of that stuff as well.

One of the best gigs I've ever been to

Lowlands college?
Always thought “room at the top” deserved more success but what do I know?
Great night a Watford colloseum a few years ago
Adam Ant. on 20:47 - Oct 18 with 1709 viewsR_from_afar

I can remember the moment when, as a 16 year old, I was sat in the careers room at secondary school trying to work out what an earth I was going to be in life when another pupil burst into the room singing the words to "Ant music".

Adam and the Ants came up with some brilliant stuff although it wasn't really my bag.

Enjoy the gig.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Adam Ant. on 20:48 - Oct 18 with 1711 viewsDiscodroids

cheers lads, i forgot about dirk's sox and the reverse 'D'. Used to draw this all over my school books.. i can still draw this from memory..

I was a shit non marine reinsurance broker for 16 years.. i'm an average probation officer of 13 years standing. The only thing i've ever been good at is drawing.

[Post edited 18 Oct 20:50]

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 20:54 - Oct 18 with 1691 viewsHayesender

Adam Ant. on 20:47 - Oct 18 by Fearless

Lowlands college?
Always thought “room at the top” deserved more success but what do I know?
Great night a Watford colloseum a few years ago

Hammersmith Apollo. And the place was rammed

Login to get fewer ads

Adam Ant. on 21:02 - Oct 18 with 1661 viewsDiscodroids

nm
[Post edited 19 Oct 13:30]

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 21:09 - Oct 18 with 1625 viewsDiscodroids

Adam Ant. on 20:26 - Oct 18 by Gus_iom

;-)

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 21:13 - Oct 18 with 1611 viewskensalriser

Never saw them and never got any of the records beyond Zerox but always had a bit of a soft spot for Adam.

He was mates with a flatmate of mine in sometime in the late 80s, when he was facing a few personal demons. So unassuming and polite when he called for her. Funny to think now that was only a few years after he was one of the biggest pop stars in the country.

69 though. Jeez. Hope he smashes it for you.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Adam Ant. on 21:24 - Oct 18 with 1562 viewsdanehoop

Must confess to being very confused when Car Trouble, Young Parisians and Dirk wears White Sox merged into Ant Music. Really was a fan of the early stuff and couldn't quite get into what most of the female population of my school at the time were. That said I think he was a unique talent, visionary in places and clearly very smart and savvy about he wanted to do. After getting stiffed by Malcolm McClaren he surrounded himself with very talented musicians and came back stronger.

slightly jealous of you on this one mate, sounds like it will be a cracking gig.

I am looking forward to seeing From The Jam (basically Foxton, Buckler plus Russel Hastings in place of weller) playing the Setting Sons album at Shepherds Bush on 6 December. Ruts DC supporting (having met Paul Fox when I was in my early teens that will be interesting) also have a clash tribute band in support playing called London Calling.

Promises to be fun.

Never knowingly understood

Adam Ant. on 21:24 - Oct 18 with 1559 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bloke I was at school with was a big fan of "Dirk Wears White Sox" era Adam & The Ants and was duly pissed off massively by all the New Romantic stuff.

Little known fact (which probably means absolutely bloody everyone knows it) but Arabella Weir (the "does my bum look big in this" woman in The Fast Show) was backing singer in Bazooka Joe, in which Stuart Goddard/Adam Ant played bass and who headlined the Pistols' first gig. That seems like a bizarre bunch of people to all have been playing at the same gig.
Adam Ant. on 21:33 - Oct 18 with 1511 viewsDiscodroids

Adam Ant. on 21:13 - Oct 18 by kensalriser

Never saw them and never got any of the records beyond Zerox but always had a bit of a soft spot for Adam.

He was mates with a flatmate of mine in sometime in the late 80s, when he was facing a few personal demons. So unassuming and polite when he called for her. Funny to think now that was only a few years after he was one of the biggest pop stars in the country.

69 though. Jeez. Hope he smashes it for you.

I've read his bio a few times mate.. it's up there with Boy Georges 'take it like a man' and Marc Almonds 'Tainted Life'..

No drugs, booze or 48 hour chem sex parties like George and Marc... outside of the music it was just his struggles with Mania, mental health and sex addiction .

One thing that stands out for me was his memorys on being on the saturday night cannon and Ball show' dressed up like a camp spanish Matador being the butt of Bobby balls jokes...

Paraphrasing here but his record company were pushing 'goody two shoes' and told him he had to go through with it as Cannon and ball had 14 million viewers of a saturday night.

Adam said he felt like he had been pimped out for a cheap gag.. it wrecked him being a stooge for 14 million people supping double diamond and skol white top.

He didnt drink ..do drugs.

He was /is a fragile soul.

Some people, kensal , should have 'Handle with care' stamped on them when they are born.
Probaly some of us on here as well.
[Post edited 18 Oct 21:45]

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 21:35 - Oct 18 with 1500 viewscharmr

Definitely someone who I have appreciated more in later years as well as Peroni.
Ant music, what a pop song, what a melody and great lyrics.

Remember so many punks with Adam and the Antz on the back of their jackets before frontier stuff.
My mate Dino used to go on about them all the time.
Adam Ant. on 21:35 - Oct 18 with 1499 viewsDiscodroids

Adam Ant. on 21:24 - Oct 18 by CiderwithRsie

Bloke I was at school with was a big fan of "Dirk Wears White Sox" era Adam & The Ants and was duly pissed off massively by all the New Romantic stuff.

Little known fact (which probably means absolutely bloody everyone knows it) but Arabella Weir (the "does my bum look big in this" woman in The Fast Show) was backing singer in Bazooka Joe, in which Stuart Goddard/Adam Ant played bass and who headlined the Pistols' first gig. That seems like a bizarre bunch of people to all have been playing at the same gig.

well i didn't know that!. c30 c60 c90 go!

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 21:36 - Oct 18 with 1495 viewsloftboy

Bought all their singles back in the day,kings of the wild frontier was my favourite.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Adam Ant. on 21:43 - Oct 18 with 1470 viewsBoston

Well Disco, if you ply me with drink and treat me nice, I'll show you my Adam tat.

Warning, I have a whip in my valise.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Adam Ant. on 21:47 - Oct 18 with 1447 viewsHayesender

Got into them while in my last year of primary school around 81. Loved King's of the wild frontier and Prince charming albums, but never actually knew there was another album before them until probably a year or two later.

Eventually found Dirk wears white sox at a little record shop in Shepherd's Bush Market, and played the bejesus out of it for weeks on end.

In fact I still have it in my record collection in the garage. Unfortunately not the original one I bought all those years ago. Sadly most of my record collection was fcked when the cellar flooded at my mums years ago

Adam Ant. on 21:49 - Oct 18 with 1435 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

To young to remember Ant fully. But, as I say to the most boring generation ever (18 to 30) that I am forced to work with now, 'don't drink don't smoke what do you do?).

Christ they are dull. And yet Adam reminds us what being young SHOULD be like. Fcking fun.

Now, where is my brocoli smoothie?
Adam Ant. on 21:50 - Oct 18 with 1431 viewsDiscodroids

Adam Ant. on 21:43 - Oct 18 by Boston

Well Disco, if you ply me with drink and treat me nice, I'll show you my Adam tat.

Warning, I have a whip in my valise.

what a tune boston!

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 21:56 - Oct 18 with 1411 viewsDiscodroids

Adam Ant. on 21:49 - Oct 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

To young to remember Ant fully. But, as I say to the most boring generation ever (18 to 30) that I am forced to work with now, 'don't drink don't smoke what do you do?).

Christ they are dull. And yet Adam reminds us what being young SHOULD be like. Fcking fun.

Now, where is my brocoli smoothie?

i agree mate. nothing more embarrasing that a middle age missed his boat raver like myself but christ, young people that cross my desk seem more miserable than a khmer rouge dance troop on a bonor regis butlins tour.

i sound like jimmys dad in 'quadrophenia' watching the who on 'top of the pops'..

'sopping wet jeans' bleedin fairys!

A Number One.

Adam Ant. on 22:22 - Oct 18 with 1253 viewsngbqpr

I’ll take your Adam Ant and raise you a Pete Perrett.

That’s my post-match new wave icon gig tomorrow night.

Still writing good songs, but be interesting to see if he can handle a live performance - he was positively skeletal last time I saw him 10-12 years ago.

Truly amazing that he’s survived this long given what he’s put himself through, but so underrated - a brilliant songwriter.

If you’ve only ever heard Another Girl Another Planet - treat yourself and dig deeper.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Adam Ant. on 23:53 - Oct 18 with 816 viewsRamseyR

Adam Ant. on 21:35 - Oct 18 by Discodroids

well i didn't know that!. c30 c60 c90 go!

Wasn't that Anabella Lewin?

Hit it, Pause it, Record it and Play
Adam Ant. on 00:08 - Oct 19 with 756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dressed as Adam Ant for the fancy dress competition in Ardgroom's village festival. Spent ages doing up the cape, boots, buckles. Had a flock of elderly volunteers stitching and sewing. Even got two pistols from an old Dutch neighbour.

I looked amazing. Unreal. And was a cert to win. Until I chose toothpaste to create the white stripe across my face. Burnt like fugg. Had to leave the fancy dress competition early in complete and utter agony. Before it was even judged.

The red stripe washed away to leave a red stripe that was still there when In returned to 5th class on Monday Morning.

Fuggin' hate Adam Ant. Bástard.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024