Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sue Gray steps down 13:32 - Oct 6 with 1357 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Oh Dear Kier not finding establishing the Number 10 operation easy.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Sue Gray steps down on 13:45 - Oct 6 with 1041 viewsraynor94

What a pigs ear of government they have made so far

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sue Gray steps down on 13:53 - Oct 6 with 1027 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sue Gray steps down on 13:45 - Oct 6 by raynor94

Pigs ear Keir would make another good nickname. He’s got an unfortunate name really hasn’t he?

Reverse gear Keir,
Two Tier Keir,
Free gear Keir,
Starmergeddon,
Queer starmer was trending last week I have no idea why? 🤷‍♂️

I’m sure there’s a few I’ve missed.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Sue Gray steps down on 13:54 - Oct 6 with 1022 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If Starmer appoints McSweeney we are back in Cummins territory. You couldn't make this up.

Sue Gray steps down on 14:00 - Oct 6 with 1011 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sue Gray steps down on 13:54 - Oct 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

If Starmer appoints McSweeney we are back in Cummins territory. You couldn't make this up.

And he has, Morgan McSweeney...remember that name.
Sue Gray steps down on 14:03 - Oct 6 with 1002 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sue Gray steps down on 14:00 - Oct 6 by SullutaCreturned

And he has, Morgan McSweeney...remember that name.

McSweeney is cut from the same cloth as Cummins, a political tactician who is happy to create division. The left of the Labour party are going to go nuts.

Sue Gray steps down on 14:12 - Oct 6 with 991 viewsonehunglow

Sue Gray steps down on 14:03 - Oct 6 by JACKMANANDBOY

McSweeney is cut from the same cloth as Cummins, a political tactician who is happy to create division. The left of the Labour party are going to go nuts.

Just as well they have just had their PP Conference

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sue Gray steps down on 14:50 - Oct 6 with 948 viewsAnotherJohn

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/sue-gray-out-morgan-mcsweeney-in/
Sue Gray steps down on 16:02 - Oct 6 with 899 viewsmax936

Sue Gray steps down on 13:45 - Oct 6 by raynor94

The worrying thing is, is that there's no politician or party who look capable of doing a decent job either.

I'll say it again British Politics needs a complete overall, cause its in a shocking state, can't stand Starmer, Reeves or Rayner, I've no need to mention any of the Tory politicians cause it's all been said and don't get me started on that Reform idiot Farage.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Sue Gray steps down on 16:57 - Oct 6 with 854 viewsSullutaCreturned

Sue Gray steps down on 16:02 - Oct 6 by max936

The worrying thing is, is that there's no politician or party who look capable of doing a decent job either.

I'll say it again British Politics needs a complete overall, cause its in a shocking state, can't stand Starmer, Reeves or Rayner, I've no need to mention any of the Tory politicians cause it's all been said and don't get me started on that Reform idiot Farage.

The foxes aren't just in the henhouse, they are in charge of it. Whichever party, whichever government, OHL said we'd regret voting Labour well more and more people just regret voting at all because whoever we elect, the politicians win.
Sue Gray steps down on 17:27 - Oct 6 with 798 viewsRobbie

At least the Tories took 14 years to end up being the laughing stock and liars they were .

This lot 100 days in Government and total ineptitude at the top table .

Wage demands going through the roof , the Unions calling the shots with strike actions.
So much for Border Controls too , big words from The Home Office , as usual , but another 900 + came across yesterday . No Political Party will have the guts to slam the door shut .

People will say give him a chance , early days , we were left in a mess etc .
More hot air after his election win , we will hit the ground running blah blah .

Opinion polls show he in a nosedive now , another 5 years of this Human Rights lawyer at the helm .

How can the working man vote for a Sir to become their leader , I certainly did not .
Sue Gray steps down on 17:40 - Oct 6 with 770 viewsraynor94

Sue Gray steps down on 17:27 - Oct 6 by Robbie

At least the Tories took 14 years to end up being the laughing stock and liars they were .

Wage demands going through the roof , the Unions calling the shots with strike actions.
So much for Border Controls too , big words from The Home Office , as usual , but another 900 + came across yesterday . No Political Party will have the guts to slam the door shut .

More hot air after his election win , we will hit the ground running blah blah .

Opinion polls show he in a nosedive now , another 5 years of this Human Rights lawyer at the helm .

How can the working man vote for a Sir to become their leader , I certainly did not .

Excellent post👏

Sue Gray steps down on 18:24 - Oct 6 with 744 viewsonehunglow

Sue Gray steps down on 16:57 - Oct 6 by SullutaCreturned

The foxes aren't just in the henhouse, they are in charge of it. Whichever party, whichever government, OHL said we'd regret voting Labour well more and more people just regret voting at all because whoever we elect, the politicians win.

Probably right Cat

Sue Gray steps down on 18:36 - Oct 6 with 732 viewsmajorraglan

I didn’t vote for him or his party either, but it is early days. The country was left in a mess which is why Sunak called the early GE as he knew things were going to get worse, but Starmer should have done better over the last 3 months.

There’s lots of sniping, some is coming from the Conservatives which is totally expected, and there’s a lot coming from the traditional Conservative press/media which is either owned by Conservative supporters or the papers are run by ex conservatives e.g. Gove at The Spectator. On the other side of the coin Starmer is being criticised by the left on his party who seem to be too dull to release if Starmer hadn’t changed things about and moved more to the centre then they’d still be in the political wilderness.

In terms of pay rises, since 2019 public sector pay has risen 1% in real terms against 6% in the private sector.
Real public sector pay at the end of 2023 was still 1% lower than its level at the beginning of 2007.
Real private sector pay increased by 4% from 2007 to 2023.
Those figures are shocking and clearly illustrate the fall in living standards we’ve experienced.

The current government have in most cases honoured the recommendations made by the “independent” Pay Review Bodies. The last government failed to set the affordability parameters that they usually did for the pay review bodies to consider as part of the review process so the bodies made what they perceived to be fair pay rises on the evidence provided by the staff and management sides, I’d hardly call that the unions calling the shots.

In terms of the illegal immigrants, I’d agree that more needs to be done, but the previous government weren’t able to sort things out after 5 years so expecting the new government to do it in 3 months is a big ask.

[Post edited 6 Oct 23:13]
Sue Gray steps down on 12:33 - Oct 7 with 558 viewsBaptist

14 years ?

Yeah right, cos they were absolutely 'king great right up to this year weren't they !?

When were the riots again ? The EU Ref - great idea...
Really enjoyed May's dancing and her rubber trousers interview...
Johnson - where to start...
Truss

I'm no Keir fanboy but get a grip ffs.
[Post edited 7 Oct 12:40]
Sue Gray steps down on 14:11 - Oct 7 with 472 viewsScotia

Sue Gray steps down on 18:36 - Oct 6 by majorraglan

I didn’t vote for him or his party either, but it is early days. The country was left in a mess which is why Sunak called the early GE as he knew things were going to get worse, but Starmer should have done better over the last 3 months.

There’s lots of sniping, some is coming from the Conservatives which is totally expected, and there’s a lot coming from the traditional Conservative press/media which is either owned by Conservative supporters or the papers are run by ex conservatives e.g. Gove at The Spectator. On the other side of the coin Starmer is being criticised by the left on his party who seem to be too dull to release if Starmer hadn’t changed things about and moved more to the centre then they’d still be in the political wilderness.

In terms of pay rises, since 2019 public sector pay has risen 1% in real terms against 6% in the private sector.
Real public sector pay at the end of 2023 was still 1% lower than its level at the beginning of 2007.
Those figures are shocking and clearly illustrate the fall in living standards we’ve experienced.

The current government have in most cases honoured the recommendations made by the “independent” Pay Review Bodies. The last government failed to set the affordability parameters that they usually did for the pay review bodies to consider as part of the review process so the bodies made what they perceived to be fair pay rises on the evidence provided by the staff and management sides, I’d hardly call that the unions calling the shots.

In terms of the illegal immigrants, I’d agree that more needs to be done, but the previous government weren’t able to sort things out after 5 years so expecting the new government to do it in 3 months is a big ask.

A nice dose of realism right there.
Sue Gray steps down on 14:12 - Oct 7 with 468 viewsScotia

Sue Gray steps down on 16:02 - Oct 6 by max936

We do. Starting with people actually voting.

I also think we need serious reformation of the media too.
Sue Gray steps down on 15:54 - Oct 7 with 406 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sue Gray steps down on 18:36 - Oct 6 by majorraglan

The precedent was set (correctly so) during the Truss and Johnson administrations that poor performance and/or constant sleaze would not be tolerated and they were both unceremoniously forced from office in disgrace. As it should be.

Now a hundred days in to Starmer reign we’ve had constant flip flops, the reversal of key election pledges, a haphazard rolling out of the reform of the WFA, general disarray at the heart of Starmers team with them all arguing and bickering whilst jockeying for power leading to a complete breakdown of relations leading to multiple “resignations”.

We’ve also seen blatant cronyism with key appointments and peerages given to Starmers lawyer mates or allies of the Blair/brown governments such as Jaqui smith who has been out of the public eye for over a decade after being booted out by the voters for her own expenses shenanigans around her husbands love of naughty films. Constant sleaze regarding free gifts and key access to the heart of Downing Street for those willing to feather the cabinet ministers nests. A general feeling of doom and gloom that have spooked the markets and influenced people into spending less. A controversial hand over control of a key strategic island to starmers best mate from his chambers and a call for the return of the sausages.

Now we have people calling for them to be given a free pass because it’s “early days” and they’ve “inherited a mess”, well there’s been enough free passes flying around as it is and that’s half the problem.

We need to apply the same standards to all and every PM, minister or MP regardless of what colour rosette they wear.

Sue Gray steps down on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 405 viewsonehunglow

Sue Gray steps down on 15:54 - Oct 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The precedent was set (correctly so) during the Truss and Johnson administrations that poor performance and/or constant sleaze would not be tolerated and they were both unceremoniously forced from office in disgrace. As it should be.

Now a hundred days in to Starmer reign we’ve had constant flip flops, the reversal of key election pledges, a haphazard rolling out of the reform of the WFA, general disarray at the heart of Starmers team with them all arguing and bickering whilst jockeying for power leading to a complete breakdown of relations leading to multiple “resignations”.

We’ve also seen blatant cronyism with key appointments and peerages given to Starmers lawyer mates or allies of the Blair/brown governments such as Jaqui smith who has been out of the public eye for over a decade after being booted out by the voters for her own expenses shenanigans around her husbands love of naughty films. Constant sleaze regarding free gifts and key access to the heart of Downing Street for those willing to feather the cabinet ministers nests. A general feeling of doom and gloom that have spooked the markets and influenced people into spending less. A controversial hand over control of a key strategic island to starmers best mate from his chambers and a call for the return of the sausages.

Now we have people calling for them to be given a free pass because it’s “early days” and they’ve “inherited a mess”, well there’s been enough free passes flying around as it is and that’s half the problem.

We need to apply the same standards to all and every PM, minister or MP regardless of what colour rosette they wear.

Jacqueline was Home Secretary wasn’t she ?
Yikes

Sue Gray steps down on 16:04 - Oct 7 with 401 viewsmax936

This 100%

I didn't vote the berk in either, in fact I had no faith in any of them so I never voted, whoever you voted for is like Turkeys voting for Christmas

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sue Gray steps down on 16:18 - Oct 7 with 379 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sue Gray steps down on 15:58 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

Jacqueline was Home Secretary wasn’t she ?
Yikes

She was also Chief Whip which coincidentally is the title of another of her husbands favourite films.

Sue Gray steps down on 17:20 - Oct 7 with 315 viewsonehunglow

Sue Gray steps down on 16:18 - Oct 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

She was also Chief Whip which coincidentally is the title of another of her husbands favourite films.

Clever

I would though

Or would have

Sue Gray steps down on 19:06 - Oct 7 with 269 viewsGwyn737

Sue Gray steps down on 15:54 - Oct 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I don’t think there is a comparable precedent.

What has Starmer done that’s similar to the Boris with Chris Pincher, Owen Patterson or Partygate?

What’s he done that’s as bad as crashing the entire economy a la Truss?

The Labour start has been poor, but nothing compared to the omnishambles since 2016.

False equivalences keep being drawn. How many times has ‘unions driving things’ been brought up? All that’s happened in most cases are independent pay review bodies recommendations have been agreed and the majority of strikes ended.
[Post edited 7 Oct 19:25]
Sue Gray steps down on 19:56 - Oct 7 with 235 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Sue Gray steps down on 19:06 - Oct 7 by Gwyn737

What has Starmer done that’s similar to the Boris with Chris Pincher, Owen Patterson or Partygate?

The Labour start has been poor, but nothing compared to the omnishambles since 2016.

False equivalences keep being drawn. How many times has ‘unions driving things’ been brought up? All that’s happened in most cases are independent pay review bodies recommendations have been agreed and the majority of strikes ended.

Starmer is getting hoisted by his own petard, he made a big play of ending the ' sleaze and chaos '. He's either arrogant or stupid. I think the former as the gifts and favours were being taken as he complained about those very things.
He may not be as bad as the Tories but he told us all that behaviour would end.
[Post edited 7 Oct 19:59]

Sue Gray steps down on 20:43 - Oct 7 with 185 viewsraynor94

Labour have made a big mistake with the wfa, a rushed in policy which needed more thought.

It was announced at the same time as Kier and the front bench had their snouts firmly in the trough.

But the backtracking over the freebies has been embarrassing, and now the Sue Gray fiasco, it certainly hasn't been an auspicious start.

Sue Gray steps down on 20:44 - Oct 7 with 183 viewsonehunglow

Might not be as bad but it doesn’t make it good
He’s been found out
More to come

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024