Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawrence Vigouroux 20:01 - Oct 5 with 3459 viewsDr_Winston

Based on his performances so far, Vigouroux might just be our best value acquisition in yonks. He's good at everything that goalkeepers need to be good at. Calm under the high ball, very strong at distribution and his shot stopping is all that you could want it to be.

I will confess to having been slightly nervous after one early game where he two-fisted punched a ball away that would have been easier to catch, but since then he's been basically immaculate. I have no problem in believing that he could do a job for a team a level higher.

Probably the biggest plus point of the Williams era so far.
[Post edited 5 Oct 20:06]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:06 - Oct 5 with 2617 viewsLuther27

A great acquisition to the club which makes a pleasant change. Hope Chile give him a chance.

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:07 - Oct 5 with 2617 viewsWhiterockin

Agreed, I think it was his first game he dribbled round the oncoming forward and I thought what have we got here. Now he just seems to be getting better every game. Only one criticism from me, don't over hit the clearances to the wide players.
Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:22 - Oct 5 with 2562 viewsJust_Dave

Not missed Rushworth, that says it all for me
Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:23 - Oct 5 with 2558 viewsvetchonian

Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:07 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

Agreed, I think it was his first game he dribbled round the oncoming forward and I thought what have we got here. Now he just seems to be getting better every game. Only one criticism from me, don't over hit the clearances to the wide players.

and he needs to be more vocal .....twice today he could have easily claimed the ball yet defenders intervened...... Darling on one occasion ....and the ball though cleared wasnt 100% safe....otherwise top siging Carl who?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:34 - Oct 5 with 2493 viewsTrallwnJAC

With all respect to him, he’s tremendous, but a keeper at his level with a non existent right boot? Really?

The amount of times he has to take the ball to his left and faffed about at the back instead of leathering it or passing it off.

His all round game is excellent though, great acquisition
Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:35 - Oct 5 with 2491 viewsKeithHaynes

Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:23 - Oct 5 by vetchonian

and he needs to be more vocal .....twice today he could have easily claimed the ball yet defenders intervened...... Darling on one occasion ....and the ball though cleared wasnt 100% safe....otherwise top siging Carl who?

A top keeper, but I would imagine he’s on top dollar, maybe not 🤷🏻‍♂️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Lawrence Vigouroux on 21:02 - Oct 5 with 2410 viewsTreforys_Jack

He was shocking in the friendly against that Portuguese side and I thought we were in big trouble, but he really has been excellent fair play.
Lawrence Vigouroux on 22:02 - Oct 5 with 2228 viewsKeithHaynes

Lawrence Vigouroux on 20:35 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

A top keeper, but I would imagine he’s on top dollar, maybe not 🤷🏻‍♂️

Had a few texts to say he is on 750k a year, that’s around 14k a week. The most allegedly he has ever earned in his career.

Will try and find out.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Lawrence Vigouroux on 22:03 - Oct 5 with 2219 viewsDr_Winston

Lawrence Vigouroux on 22:02 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Had a few texts to say he is on 750k a year, that’s around 14k a week. The most allegedly he has ever earned in his career.

Will try and find out.

One of the few who is earning it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Lawrence Vigouroux on 22:49 - Oct 5 with 2057 viewscontroversial_jack

He's better than Rushworth who was very good
Lawrence Vigouroux on 00:47 - Oct 6 with 1851 viewsDJack

My only complaint was that his boot was a bit too strong today.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Lawrence Vigouroux on 10:15 - Oct 6 with 1591 viewsRichardO

Lawrence Vigouroux on 00:47 - Oct 6 by DJack

My only complaint was that his boot was a bit too strong today.

He has a very limit back lift, it is the type of thing that enables him to get the ball away quicker and allows strikers that spit second of time to get the shot away before the defence can react but it is hard to control how much power you get on the ball, not a problem if the striker get too much on the ball on shots towards goal but a goalie putting his foot through the ball must take a bit of skill to control.
[Post edited 6 Oct 10:29]
Lawrence Vigouroux on 14:23 - Oct 7 with 1310 viewsEagleEye

The way we are playing at the moment it could well be another season where our goalkeeper is the player of the season.
Lawrence Vigouroux on 15:52 - Oct 7 with 1223 viewsonehunglow

Lawrence Vigouroux on 14:23 - Oct 7 by EagleEye

The way we are playing at the moment it could well be another season where our goalkeeper is the player of the season.

He has been outstanding
As good as Rushworth fir shit stopping and distribution far better
One who should already have been offered an extended improved contract

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lawrence Vigouroux on 15:59 - Oct 7 with 1205 viewsWhiterockin

Lawrence Vigouroux on 15:52 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

He has been outstanding
As good as Rushworth fir shit stopping and distribution far better
One who should already have been offered an extended improved contract

His contract is for 2 years and a one year option so 3 years in total, there is no need for a new contract.
Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:02 - Oct 7 with 1195 viewsonehunglow

Lawrence Vigouroux on 15:59 - Oct 7 by Whiterockin

His contract is for 2 years and a one year option so 3 years in total, there is no need for a new contract.

Recall who have been given extended four year deals
This fella is vital to us right now
He is keeping Lukey a job for a start

Lawrence Vigouroux on 08:58 - Oct 8 with 984 viewsswancity

He’s done well so far but it’s only nine games. Let’s hope he can keep it up.

He’s been at Leyton Orient and Swindon. This is a step up for him and so far he’s responded superbly but talk of a contract extension at this point is laughable.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Lawrence Vigouroux on 09:21 - Oct 8 with 967 viewsmagicdaps10

Rushworth was a breath of fresh air and even more so Vigouroux.

Doesn't reflect well on Fisher.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Lawrence Vigouroux on 13:31 - Oct 8 with 879 viewsonehunglow

Lawrence Vigouroux on 08:58 - Oct 8 by swancity

He’s done well so far but it’s only nine games. Let’s hope he can keep it up.

He’s been at Leyton Orient and Swindon. This is a step up for him and so far he’s responded superbly but talk of a contract extension at this point is laughable.

Not really.
What was laughable ?
Let me count the ways
Larry has been outstanding yet for some reason undervalued by some,whilst the ludicrous love for Grimesy endures unabated .
Vig has saved us and gained us points
Grimes hasn’t
He never has

Remember this …Fir too long ,we had Fish ,on a four yr contract,between the sticks.
We dreaded corners as he hasn’t the guts to catch them and recoiled when any forward bore down on our goal.
Now,we can be comforted that Larry will come for such balls and then won’t boot the ball into touch ,as Rushworth often did

Ludicrous indeed
[Post edited 8 Oct 13:40]

Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:10 - Oct 8 with 793 viewsjack247

Lawrence Vigouroux on 13:31 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Not really.
What was laughable ?
Let me count the ways
Larry has been outstanding yet for some reason undervalued by some,whilst the ludicrous love for Grimesy endures unabated .
Vig has saved us and gained us points
Grimes hasn’t
He never has

Remember this …Fir too long ,we had Fish ,on a four yr contract,between the sticks.
We dreaded corners as he hasn’t the guts to catch them and recoiled when any forward bore down on our goal.
Now,we can be comforted that Larry will come for such balls and then won’t boot the ball into touch ,as Rushworth often did

Ludicrous indeed
[Post edited 8 Oct 13:40]

Grimes gets constantly hammered on here, he’s easily our most criticised player. I’m not sure where you’re seeing the unabated ludicrous love?
Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:21 - Oct 8 with 778 viewsWhiterockin

Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:10 - Oct 8 by jack247

Grimes gets constantly hammered on here, he’s easily our most criticised player. I’m not sure where you’re seeing the unabated ludicrous love?

Some blindly confuse love with an acceptance of a player or coaches ability be it good or bad. By all means criticise when it's required but also praise when they do well. Praise when deserved doesn't automatically translate to love.
Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:36 - Oct 8 with 743 viewsDr_Winston

Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:21 - Oct 8 by Whiterockin

Some blindly confuse love with an acceptance of a player or coaches ability be it good or bad. By all means criticise when it's required but also praise when they do well. Praise when deserved doesn't automatically translate to love.

On of Perchy's more common issues unfortunately. There's no middle ground with him. He's either effusive about someone or they're the devil incarnate. I

Most people know where I stand on the Grimes issue at this point. He's clearly talented but we see it maybe 10% of the time and he should be nowhere near a guaranteed fixture in the side, especially when he's in one of his "slow stuff down just for the hell of it" moods.

Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:51 - Oct 8 with 724 viewsjack247

Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:36 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

On of Perchy's more common issues unfortunately. There's no middle ground with him. He's either effusive about someone or they're the devil incarnate. I

Most people know where I stand on the Grimes issue at this point. He's clearly talented but we see it maybe 10% of the time and he should be nowhere near a guaranteed fixture in the side, especially when he's in one of his "slow stuff down just for the hell of it" moods.

Yep. Wasn’t suggesting he doesn’t deserve criticism. Just couldn’t really see where the adulation was coming from.

Back on topic. Vigouroux arguably player of the season so far. Stiff competition from Cabango and Franco.
Lawrence Vigouroux on 17:01 - Oct 8 with 708 viewsWhiterockin

Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:51 - Oct 8 by jack247

Yep. Wasn’t suggesting he doesn’t deserve criticism. Just couldn’t really see where the adulation was coming from.

Back on topic. Vigouroux arguably player of the season so far. Stiff competition from Cabango and Franco.

I noticed on Saturday that where before our players would always look to pass to Grimes to dictate the play, now they are also looking for Franco. This now makes it much more difficult for the opposition to stifle our play.
Lawrence Vigouroux on 17:25 - Oct 8 with 671 viewsonehunglow

Lawrence Vigouroux on 16:10 - Oct 8 by jack247

One of Winston's traits is an inability to comment on something I post without a subtle piece of invective
He's done this for 20 yrs
It's why he uses my former username that was banned by his mates on PS
It's to try to ridicule
Cowardly really
Pity we can't meet up
He agrees with what I post regarding GrimrsJust look

Back on topic , I comment as I see it
I have the confidence to stick my head about the parapet and deal with those who cannot discourse with respect
Most do so
You do so and I respect your views

Grimes IS as I described many times A great professional and role model but that's not been mentioned , has it

Sadly, for whatever reasons , he has been stifled. And maybe we should discuss that instead of continuing old spats

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024