Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 questions 21:50 - Sep 28 with 5612 viewsAguycalledJack

That you would like to ask coleman/ levine?

Keep it respectful as they apparently read this site and may in some way respond.

We can only hope.
2 questions on 21:52 - Sep 28 with 2221 viewsWhiterockin

What are your ambitions for SCFC.

How do you intend to achieve this.
2 questions on 01:14 - Sep 29 with 2119 viewsdobjack2

I'd only want to ask them questions if Dr Cal Lightman (as played by Tim Roth) was observing them.
2 questions (n/t) on 07:52 - Sep 29 with 2020 viewsQJumpingJack

1) why don't you appoint experienced executives to run the club?

2) what learnings have you made from the mistakes made since 2016?
[Post edited 29 Sep 7:54]
2 questions (n/t) on 08:31 - Sep 29 with 1887 viewsjack247

2 questions (n/t) on 07:52 - Sep 29 by QJumpingJack

1. Why do you fall out, to a greater or lesser extent, with every manager?

2. Why don’t you empower the chairman to speak freely and honestly? If the answer to that is we do, Why doesn’t he know if the club is about to be sold.

Edit - didn’t mean to quote QJumping
[Post edited 29 Sep 8:38]
2 questions (n/t) on 11:59 - Sep 29 with 1751 viewsKeithHaynes

2 questions (n/t) on 07:52 - Sep 29 by QJumpingJack

Birch ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

2 questions on 12:07 - Sep 29 with 1743 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why do you keep making managers promises you never keep?

Why do you never learn form your (many) mistakes?
2 questions (n/t) on 13:53 - Sep 29 with 1692 viewsReslovenSwan1

2 questions (n/t) on 08:31 - Sep 29 by jack247

1. Why do you fall out, to a greater or lesser extent, with every manager?

2. Why don’t you empower the chairman to speak freely and honestly? If the answer to that is we do, Why doesn’t he know if the club is about to be sold.

Edit - didn’t mean to quote QJumping
[Post edited 29 Sep 8:38]

That is easy. Coleman job is to run SCFC not the LLC. Fans need to be explained that

a) Darlings contract is Colemans job not Levien's.

b) Selling the club is Levien,.'s not Colemans job.

If you ask Jason about the status of Darling he will say " have no idea". If you ask Coleman about selling the club he will say ' I do not know". It is not his job..

Wise sage since Toshack era

2 questions (n/t) on 13:55 - Sep 29 with 1688 viewsKeithHaynes

2 questions (n/t) on 13:53 - Sep 29 by ReslovenSwan1

That is easy. Coleman job is to run SCFC not the LLC. Fans need to be explained that

If you ask Jason about the status of Darling he will say " have no idea". If you ask Coleman about selling the club he will say ' I do not know". It is not his job..

Seems the situation is becoming muddier by the week.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

2 questions on 14:27 - Sep 29 with 1655 viewsonehunglow

When are you leaving
Are you flying cattle class

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

2 questions (n/t) on 14:40 - Sep 29 with 1653 viewsQJumpingJack

2 questions (n/t) on 11:59 - Sep 29 by KeithHaynes

Birch ?

Birch was an excellent appointment at the time.
He worked well with Cooper. There was a clear strategy - using England U17 world cup winners on loan deals and it delivered two play-offs - under tricky circumstances with the pandemic.

And when Jenkins remained up until 2019 some good decisions were made. ie Jenkins pulling the Dan James to Leeds deal.

We need a Birch/Jenkins type person running the club day to day.
How much football league experience do Ken, Andy and Watson have combined?
2 questions (n/t) on 18:45 - Sep 29 with 1490 viewsjack247

2 questions (n/t) on 13:53 - Sep 29 by ReslovenSwan1

If you are implying that Levein would not inform his ‘man on the ground in Swansea’, who also happens to be a shareholder in the LLC, that the club is about to be sold, you are in need of a wake up call. However if you genuinely believe that’s how things work, it would explain a lot of your posts.

It’s the real world, not some imaginary binary ecosystem where the clubs main owners and its chairman are completely oblivious to what each other are doing.

I can guarantee you that Jason Levein is well aware that Harry Darling is out of contract at the end of the season.
2 questions (n/t) on 19:13 - Sep 29 with 1460 viewsReslovenSwan1

2 questions (n/t) on 18:45 - Sep 29 by jack247

If you are implying that Levein would not inform his ‘man on the ground in Swansea’, who also happens to be a shareholder in the LLC, that the club is about to be sold, you are in need of a wake up call. However if you genuinely believe that’s how things work, it would explain a lot of your posts.

It’s the real world, not some imaginary binary ecosystem where the clubs main owners and its chairman are completely oblivious to what each other are doing.

I can guarantee you that Jason Levein is well aware that Harry Darling is out of contract at the end of the season.

You logic is suspect. Consider a situation where there is no interest in Swansea City.

Coleman is asked is the club about to be sold. What should he say?

Ideally he would say " it is not my remit speak to Levien" He said " I do not know". It is not his job to comment on this.

The journalist has taken this comment and turned it into "an issue" because he knows thd forum are easily agitated and do not need an excuse for Anti Owner hysteria.

"What we need is a nice friendly Englishman like Birch who understands football". Yuk. He was a wandering football jobber using Swansea as a temporary home for a few months on the way to the FA. He handed the club's services over to far left foreign Marxist lobby group for free publicity without due diligence.

You clearly believe the club is about to be sold as surely the Coleman would know this. It is fake in my opinion. But many on the forum believe it is and say it is "obvious" . I have news for you they are almost always wrong.

The fans ran to those nice English lawyers who took them for a cool £400k. They never learn and wers easy meat they had a " strong case" Yeah right.

Of course Jason might know about Darling's contract . He pays Coleman to sort it out and will not interfere unless Coleman asks for help.

2 questions (n/t) on 19:15 - Sep 29 with 1457 viewsGwyn737

2 questions (n/t) on 19:13 - Sep 29 by ReslovenSwan1

You logic is suspect. Consider a situation where there is no interest in Swansea City.

Ideally he would say " it is not my remit speak to Levien" He said " I do not know". It is not his job to comment on this.

The journalist has taken this comment and turned it into "an issue" because he knows thd forum are easily agitated and do not need an excuse for Anti Owner hysteria.

"What we need is a nice friendly Englishman like Birch who understands football". Yuk. He was a wandering football jobber using Swansea as a temporary home for a few months on the way to the FA. He handed the club's services over to far left foreign Marxist lobby group for free publicity without due diligence.

You clearly believe the club is about to be sold as surely the Coleman would know this. It is fake in my opinion. But many on the forum believe it is and say it is "obvious" . I have news for you they are almost always wrong.

The fans ran to those nice English lawyers who took them for a cool £400k. They never learn and wers easy meat they had a " strong case" Yeah right.

Of course Jason might know about Darling's contract . He pays Coleman to sort it out and will not interfere unless Coleman asks for help.

Would it have been better if the lawyers were Welsh?
2 questions (n/t) on 19:21 - Sep 29 with 1438 viewsunion_jack

2 questions (n/t) on 19:15 - Sep 29 by Gwyn737

Would it have been better if the lawyers were Welsh?

He wears that chip proudly on his shoulder doesn’t he?!😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

2 questions (n/t) on 19:21 - Sep 29 with 1441 viewsjack247

If there is no interest in the club, Coleman will know this and say so. He’s the chairman and a shareholder in the LLC, not some lackey who isn’t important enough to be kept up to date.

You’ve gone from ‘Levein will have no idea about Darlings situation’ to ‘of course he might know’. I can guarantee you he will.

Whether he interferes or not is not the point you were making. You were strongly implying neither had any idea what the other was doing. You even said fans needed to understand that.
2 questions on 19:23 - Sep 29 with 1429 viewsGeoffThom

Have you any genuine ambition
Have you any money at all
2 questions (n/t) on 19:36 - Sep 29 with 1405 viewsReslovenSwan1

2 questions (n/t) on 19:21 - Sep 29 by jack247

If there is no interest in the club, Coleman will know this and say so. He’s the chairman and a shareholder in the LLC, not some lackey who isn’t important enough to be kept up to date.

You’ve gone from ‘Levein will have no idea about Darlings situation’ to ‘of course he might know’. I can guarantee you he will.

Whether he interferes or not is not the point you were making. You were strongly implying neither had any idea what the other was doing. You even said fans needed to understand that.

I said Levien would say "no idea" if he was not furnished with the latest information. I argue he has delegated this to Coleman who he might speak to one a week perhaps?

One question could be " how often do you speak to Jason.?"

Ev n if Coleman did know something he h would not tell the journalist. " No idea " ends the conversation route Coleman night want to go down. He is experienced..

You must know Levien better than me. I do not know how closely he follows the club since he put Coleman in charge. I do not accept your guarantee as Levien lives his life as he like with family interests DC and the Aussie team in his list of things to attend to. Fans know better of course.

I stated both would not tread on each others toes as they are experienced business people. It is common in business to define responsibilities for a "single voice". You may understand this or you may not. No mixed signals.

2 questions (n/t) on 19:51 - Sep 29 with 1379 viewsjack247

2 questions (n/t) on 19:36 - Sep 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I said Levien would say "no idea" if he was not furnished with the latest information. I argue he has delegated this to Coleman who he might speak to one a week perhaps?

One question could be " how often do you speak to Jason.?"

Ev n if Coleman did know something he h would not tell the journalist. " No idea " ends the conversation route Coleman night want to go down. He is experienced..

You must know Levien better than me. I do not know how closely he follows the club since he put Coleman in charge. I do not accept your guarantee as Levien lives his life as he like with family interests DC and the Aussie team in his list of things to attend to. Fans know better of course.

I stated both would not tread on each others toes as they are experienced business people. It is common in business to define responsibilities for a "single voice". You may understand this or you may not. No mixed signals.

Don’t go back in yourself. In your original response to me you stated Coleman would say ‘I do not know’ regarding whether the club was being sold and Levein would say ‘I have no idea’ about Darlings status. You did not caveat either of these statements in any way, please do not pretend you did, it’s further up the thread.

Your third paragraph I agree with. I questioned why he would agree to this chat and put himself in a position where he looks foolish in another thread yesterday.

Maybe a good question would be - If there is a change of ownership, do you feel you have done enough to keep your job?

Maybe he does and maybe he has. In fairness to him, it’s not his fault we’re paying league one wages in the championship and can’t offer key players what they want to stay.

Edit - Again, there is a huge difference between not treading on each others toes and not knowing what the other is doing because ‘that’s his job not mine’ are totally different things. I’m certain you grasp that. You originally stated the former.
[Post edited 29 Sep 20:03]
2 questions (n/t) on 20:12 - Sep 29 with 1338 viewsReslovenSwan1

2 questions (n/t) on 19:51 - Sep 29 by jack247

Don’t go back in yourself. In your original response to me you stated Coleman would say ‘I do not know’ regarding whether the club was being sold and Levein would say ‘I have no idea’ about Darlings status. You did not caveat either of these statements in any way, please do not pretend you did, it’s further up the thread.

Your third paragraph I agree with. I questioned why he would agree to this chat and put himself in a position where he looks foolish in another thread yesterday.

Maybe a good question would be - If there is a change of ownership, do you feel you have done enough to keep your job?

Maybe he does and maybe he has. In fairness to him, it’s not his fault we’re paying league one wages in the championship and can’t offer key players what they want to stay.

Edit - Again, there is a huge difference between not treading on each others toes and not knowing what the other is doing because ‘that’s his job not mine’ are totally different things. I’m certain you grasp that. You originally stated the former.
[Post edited 29 Sep 20:03]

Swansea has been paying Championship wages and losing £1.5m a month. Clubs who pay " championship" wages are ALL losing money.

Swansea need to get promoted paying £5k a week not £10k a week. Darling has to go in January. Cullen and Cabango should accept £5k with bonuses. It is a real good wage outside the Premier league. If a PL clubs comes in no player will see their future blocked.

2 questions (n/t) on 20:19 - Sep 29 with 1321 viewsjack247

2 questions (n/t) on 20:12 - Sep 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea has been paying Championship wages and losing £1.5m a month. Clubs who pay " championship" wages are ALL losing money.

Swansea need to get promoted paying £5k a week not £10k a week. Darling has to go in January. Cullen and Cabango should accept £5k with bonuses. It is a real good wage outside the Premier league. If a PL clubs comes in no player will see their future blocked.

That’s a different point and one I don’t disagree with.

However, while we are paying £5k a week and most of our peers are paying £10k a week, we aren’t going to get promoted. Even less likely when the squad is so thin in key areas.

Cabango shoud accept the best deal for him and his family, taking everything into account. Finances, how settled he is here, what he can achieve here vs elsewhere any anything else relevant to him.

Coleman knows if we’re being sold or not.
2 questions on 20:28 - Sep 29 with 1310 viewsSwans9

When we run out of players to sell for undervalue will the training ground be sold. Will you come to a game last one I remember was Charlton away that I was at which we won 2 1..
2 questions (n/t) on 20:34 - Sep 29 with 1291 viewsWhiterockin

2 questions (n/t) on 20:19 - Sep 29 by jack247

That’s a different point and one I don’t disagree with.

However, while we are paying £5k a week and most of our peers are paying £10k a week, we aren’t going to get promoted. Even less likely when the squad is so thin in key areas.

Cabango shoud accept the best deal for him and his family, taking everything into account. Finances, how settled he is here, what he can achieve here vs elsewhere any anything else relevant to him.

Coleman knows if we’re being sold or not.

£5K a week is what Cullen asked the club to discuss and they refused. At the time Res said it was too much, now he is saying it's what he should be paid. More reversing.
2 questions (n/t) on 20:45 - Sep 29 with 1266 viewsReslovenSwan1

2 questions (n/t) on 20:34 - Sep 29 by Whiterockin

£5K a week is what Cullen asked the club to discuss and they refused. At the time Res said it was too much, now he is saying it's what he should be paid. More reversing.

Cullen has had a good start to the season fair play to him. He must earn his rise. His finish just week was razor sharp. I do not recall saying £5k a week was too much but he is playing better anyway. He will get his £5pw if he keeps scoring.

2 questions (n/t) on 20:59 - Sep 29 with 1246 viewsSullutaCreturned

Yet more anti English nonsense. It is clearly anti English as you don't have an issue with Americans.

PS, if Coleman doesn't know the club is about to be soild the right answer might just be "not as far as I know"

Many on the forum HOPE our club is about to be sold but we don't know anything of real consequence and your constant defence of the Americans, attacks on the English and criticism of fellow Welsh people mark you down as, at the very best, a stooge.

Jason now is it, best mates are you? Of course he knows about contracts, unless he really doesn't bother having anything to do with the Swans. Yet if Coleman really is in charge and has anything at all about him, he can see that not getting them an acceptable deal will be far more costly to the club and its owners in the long run. Losing them on free transfers, having to buy and pay replacements or risk the club sliding back down the table after an encouraging start. If Coleman is in charge he can do that, if he has to make a case to the others then he should already have done that.
They are inflicting harm on their own investment and a relegation will cost them dearly. The clubs value falls, the players value falls and after all their "investments" do they want that?

Commin sense says no, lets assume they have some eh.
2 questions (n/t) on 21:08 - Sep 29 with 1224 viewsjack247

2 questions (n/t) on 20:59 - Sep 29 by SullutaCreturned

Yet more anti English nonsense. It is clearly anti English as you don't have an issue with Americans.

PS, if Coleman doesn't know the club is about to be soild the right answer might just be "not as far as I know"

Many on the forum HOPE our club is about to be sold but we don't know anything of real consequence and your constant defence of the Americans, attacks on the English and criticism of fellow Welsh people mark you down as, at the very best, a stooge.

Jason now is it, best mates are you? Of course he knows about contracts, unless he really doesn't bother having anything to do with the Swans. Yet if Coleman really is in charge and has anything at all about him, he can see that not getting them an acceptable deal will be far more costly to the club and its owners in the long run. Losing them on free transfers, having to buy and pay replacements or risk the club sliding back down the table after an encouraging start. If Coleman is in charge he can do that, if he has to make a case to the others then he should already have done that.
They are inflicting harm on their own investment and a relegation will cost them dearly. The clubs value falls, the players value falls and after all their "investments" do they want that?

Commin sense says no, lets assume they have some eh.

It’s a make believe world where Coleman and Levein bimble along merrily without discussing work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024