Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter fuel allowance 16:24 - Jul 29 with 6935 viewsraynor94

For Pensioners, is going to means tested, oh well ill have to invest in a few blankets

I don't remember this in the Labour manifesto

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Winter fuel allowance on 16:29 - Jul 29 with 1725 viewsWhiterockin

Basically if you are not on benefits you won't get it. It's going hit some just over the cut off very hard.
Winter fuel allowance on 16:36 - Jul 29 with 1705 viewsraynor94

Winter fuel allowance on 16:29 - Jul 29 by Whiterockin

Basically if you are not on benefits you won't get it. It's going hit some just over the cut off very hard.

It certainly will, pensioners paying for above inflation pay rises, a pensioner who has worked all their life and never claimed benefits are going to lose out.

Winter fuel allowance on 16:36 - Jul 29 with 1705 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Not sure how much this will raise, but I would have thought the way to start this approach is to remove it from higher rate tax payers, but I guess there are not enough of them to make a difference.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Winter fuel allowance on 16:40 - Jul 29 with 1698 viewsFlashberryjack

Bloody Tories!!!

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Winter fuel allowance on 16:45 - Jul 29 with 1665 viewsDr_Winston

Good. One of the more obvious benefits to be means tested.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Winter fuel allowance on 16:46 - Jul 29 with 1664 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Winter fuel allowance on 16:45 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

But at what level £12,500 is not a lot to live on.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Winter fuel allowance on 17:08 - Jul 29 with 1609 viewsDr_Winston

Winter fuel allowance on 16:46 - Jul 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

But at what level £12,500 is not a lot to live on.

They'll tie it in with other benefits. Pension Credit probably.

It should be income based, but putting an end to everyone getting it is overdue.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Winter fuel allowance on 17:11 - Jul 29 with 1612 viewsonehunglow

Didn’t take them long

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Winter fuel allowance on 17:47 - Jul 29 with 1571 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Let’s hope global warming kicks in before winter does!

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Winter fuel allowance on 17:52 - Jul 29 with 1563 viewsmajorraglan

Can’t be right when pensioners living in Spain get the winter fuel payment. I think it makes sense to means test it.
Winter fuel allowance on 17:56 - Jul 29 with 1539 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 17:52 - Jul 29 by majorraglan

Can’t be right when pensioners living in Spain get the winter fuel payment. I think it makes sense to means test it.

They are a tiny majority
It’s not the reason for Reeves doing this
What about those on modest incomes who are just above the threshold ,the mugs who worked all their lives,saved as best they could and tried to provide for their old age
Labour hitting those who never complain,again
Lesson is,don’t work meter,have loads of kids, get on the benefit bandwagon and keep at it.
The State will provide your care in a Home too,whilst the mugs sell their terraced house to pay £ 1500 per week to have chicken nuggets for tea .

Labour .
Again

Winter fuel allowance on 18:00 - Jul 29 with 1534 viewsraynor94

Winter fuel allowance on 17:56 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

They are a tiny majority
It’s not the reason for Reeves doing this
What about those on modest incomes who are just above the threshold ,the mugs who worked all their lives,saved as best they could and tried to provide for their old age
Labour hitting those who never complain,again
Lesson is,don’t work meter,have loads of kids, get on the benefit bandwagon and keep at it.
The State will provide your care in a Home too,whilst the mugs sell their terraced house to pay £ 1500 per week to have chicken nuggets for tea .

Labour .
Again

Can't argue with any of that

Winter fuel allowance on 18:05 - Jul 29 with 1492 viewstrampie

Winter fuel allowance on 18:00 - Jul 29 by raynor94

Apart from it's been a Conservative government for the last 14 years.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Winter fuel allowance on 18:05 - Jul 29 with 1522 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 18:00 - Jul 29 by raynor94

It’s why I hate the previous govt.
Leaving us with this lot

Winter fuel allowance on 18:09 - Jul 29 with 1514 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 16:36 - Jul 29 by raynor94

It certainly will, pensioners paying for above inflation pay rises, a pensioner who has worked all their life and never claimed benefits are going to lose out.

My first year of having it , now gone . This is just the beginning and if you think "austerity" was harsh you ain't seen nothing yet. Although I will take comfort at those lording it up in some 4/5 star hotel eating and living for free whilst having contributed exactly zero to our society .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Winter fuel allowance on 18:10 - Jul 29 with 1511 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 16:45 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

Maybe for you not for others .

Winter fuel allowance on 18:11 - Jul 29 with 1508 viewsonehunglow

Winter fuel allowance on 18:09 - Jul 29 by Boundy

My first year of having it , now gone . This is just the beginning and if you think "austerity" was harsh you ain't seen nothing yet. Although I will take comfort at those lording it up in some 4/5 star hotel eating and living for free whilst having contributed exactly zero to our society .

It will redefine austerity

It will get worse

Winter fuel allowance on 18:11 - Jul 29 with 1509 viewsSullutaCreturned

Winter fuel allowance on 16:36 - Jul 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Not sure how much this will raise, but I would have thought the way to start this approach is to remove it from higher rate tax payers, but I guess there are not enough of them to make a difference.

She said 1.4 billion.

So if it's being withdrawn from people not getting benefits then higher rate tax payers won't get it either. There will no doubt be a few just above the line who won't be happy but the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Winter fuel allowance on 18:14 - Jul 29 with 1495 viewsonehunglow

Seeing as care costs now not capped,why would anyone save anything for later life

Winter fuel allowance on 18:21 - Jul 29 with 1471 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 18:14 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Seeing as care costs now not capped,why would anyone save anything for later life

No need to save the state will provide , to some .

Winter fuel allowance on 20:07 - Jul 29 with 1389 viewsmax936

Winter fuel allowance on 16:36 - Jul 29 by raynor94

Its absolutely disgusting and yet I've been criticised for not voting, this is exactly why, nothing that Labour do will be in my name, same shysters under a different banner and in red instead of blue, good job we can't swear on here.

Filling the 20 billion hole the Tories left, but never mind all their grubby mates are in clover and the many dubious aholes who were in Government no doubt.

That said there's little difference between both Labour and Tory's these days.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Winter fuel allowance on 20:11 - Jul 29 with 1372 viewsDr_Winston

Winter fuel allowance on 20:07 - Jul 29 by max936

Its absolutely disgusting and yet I've been criticised for not voting, this is exactly why, nothing that Labour do will be in my name, same shysters under a different banner and in red instead of blue, good job we can't swear on here.

Filling the 20 billion hole the Tories left, but never mind all their grubby mates are in clover and the many dubious aholes who were in Government no doubt.

That said there's little difference between both Labour and Tory's these days.

There is no "£20bn hole". The figures have been available from the OBR for months. It's just a Labour excuse to raise taxes whilst simultaneously blaming the Tories and their supporters are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Meanwhile, despite this apparent huge gap in National finances, more than £11bn has been pledged in overseas climate change aid, and Doctors have been offered a payrise in excess of 20% with no concessions required.

Winter fuel allowance on 20:18 - Jul 29 with 1369 viewsJohnw102

Rachel Reeves is axing winter fuel payments for pensioners, in the hope that the cold will kill off thousands of them and save the new government a fortune in pension payments.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Winter fuel allowance on 20:28 - Jul 29 with 1344 viewsBoundy

Winter fuel allowance on 20:11 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

There is no "£20bn hole". The figures have been available from the OBR for months. It's just a Labour excuse to raise taxes whilst simultaneously blaming the Tories and their supporters are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Meanwhile, despite this apparent huge gap in National finances, more than £11bn has been pledged in overseas climate change aid, and Doctors have been offered a payrise in excess of 20% with no concessions required.

The " books " have openly been available for scrutiny for months if not years and all of a sudden this , great for the doctors who imo deserve a decent rise but then again who doesn't ,nurses support staff etc. We are now seeing a glimpse of the future with the Autumn statement still to come then I predict more misery put upon an already fed up country with the thought that there's at least 5 year ahead .

Winter fuel allowance on 21:12 - Jul 29 with 1272 viewsunion_jack

Winter fuel allowance on 20:18 - Jul 29 by Johnw102

Rachel Reeves is axing winter fuel payments for pensioners, in the hope that the cold will kill off thousands of them and save the new government a fortune in pension payments.

That thought, cynical as it is was the first thing that entered my head!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024