Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough away 23:01 - Jul 22 with 1319 viewsKeithHaynes

General admission £32.
Coach £48
4am start.

A few beers, food etc and you are knocking on for around £120.

Worth it ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Middlesbrough away on 23:07 - Jul 22 with 1296 viewstrampie

Probably not, unless the Swans win.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Middlesbrough away on 04:09 - Jul 23 with 1242 viewsGixerJack

That’s not bad for a bus from Spain to Middlesbrough, it’d cost me that in petrol from my place
Middlesbrough away on 04:12 - Jul 23 with 1240 viewsQJumpingJack

It is live on Sky Sports+
Middlesbrough away on 04:34 - Jul 23 with 1233 viewsWhiterockin

Middlesbrough away on 04:12 - Jul 23 by QJumpingJack

It is live on Sky Sports+

Yes.
Middlesbrough away on 07:30 - Jul 23 with 1182 viewsguthrieintherain

£48 for the coach that surprised me the other day.
A lot of cash that especually if you are taking the kids as well.

With the new sky deal clubs are going to have to drop ticket and coach prices or attendances will see a big hit.

One for the Trust to sort

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Middlesbrough away on 07:48 - Jul 23 with 1147 viewsWhiterockin

Middlesbrough away on 07:30 - Jul 23 by guthrieintherain

£48 for the coach that surprised me the other day.
A lot of cash that especually if you are taking the kids as well.

With the new sky deal clubs are going to have to drop ticket and coach prices or attendances will see a big hit.

One for the Trust to sort

It's going to be very hard to drop coach prices. Anyone who has booked a coach in recent years will know the increase in charges. Middlesbrough is about 7 hours each way on the coach plus about 4 hours there. That's an 18 hour day for the drivers excluding picking up the coach and dropping it back. 2 drivers and normally one security gives you a wage bill over £600 for each coach, excluding fuel and normal coach running costs. I can't see how the price can come down unless it's subsidised and I don't think that will happen.
Middlesbrough away on 07:51 - Jul 23 with 1143 viewsAzzuriswan

good point that..reduce the price of tickets and sponsor coach prices so that supporters that want to travel can pay less. So that is a drain on the clubs finances for a couple of hundred fans that would travel up on a coach. Most fans travelling to Middlesborough would probably fly or drive and stay oop north for a couple of days. There wont be a record breaking contingent crowd of Swans fans up there for a 12.30ko and its live on sky.
Middlesbrough away on 07:58 - Jul 23 with 1125 viewsWhiterockin

Middlesbrough away on 07:51 - Jul 23 by Azzuriswan

good point that..reduce the price of tickets and sponsor coach prices so that supporters that want to travel can pay less. So that is a drain on the clubs finances for a couple of hundred fans that would travel up on a coach. Most fans travelling to Middlesborough would probably fly or drive and stay oop north for a couple of days. There wont be a record breaking contingent crowd of Swans fans up there for a 12.30ko and its live on sky.

I would hazard a guess that at least 50% of travelling Swansea supporters don't start from Swansea.
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough away on 08:13 - Jul 23 with 1097 viewsguthrieintherain

Middlesbrough away on 07:51 - Jul 23 by Azzuriswan

If you are prepared to get up about 3 AM for a 14 hour return trip then yes you deserve to travel for less than £48.

I don't live in Swansea but would be more than happy for the club to help with the costs.
[Post edited 23 Jul 8:14]

Middlesbrough away on 09:14 - Jul 23 with 1033 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough away on 08:13 - Jul 23 by guthrieintherain

If you are prepared to get up about 3 AM for a 14 hour return trip then yes you deserve to travel for less than £48.

I don't live in Swansea but would be more than happy for the club to help with the costs.
[Post edited 23 Jul 8:14]

Less than a three hr drive for me
I’d like to go
I’d like to feel proud watching our team
It’s the drive home after that hurts
Boro are well run and set up.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough away on 09:46 - Jul 23 with 999 views1983

Always feel there should be a gentleman's agreement with clubs like Sunderland Middlesbrough...etc and the likes of us lot down here and in the West Country a tenner off here and there won't harm surely

Middlesbrough away on 11:27 - Jul 23 with 964 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough away on 09:46 - Jul 23 by 1983

Always feel there should be a gentleman's agreement with clubs like Sunderland Middlesbrough...etc and the likes of us lot down here and in the West Country a tenner off here and there won't harm surely

Couple of lads driving from Taunton for this one, known them since the old GITS days. They’ve booked a hotel and going out in Newcastle Friday night. Big bucks for them, day off work. When they’ve asked in the last to be picked up at a convenient location they haven’t received a reply.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Middlesbrough away on 12:39 - Jul 23 with 922 views3swan

Middlesbrough away on 11:27 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

Couple of lads driving from Taunton for this one, known them since the old GITS days. They’ve booked a hotel and going out in Newcastle Friday night. Big bucks for them, day off work. When they’ve asked in the last to be picked up at a convenient location they haven’t received a reply.

This post has been edited by an administrator

The MAGS were much more accommodating, picking up at the Motorbike Museum A45/M42 junction.

Middlesbrough away on 13:07 - Jul 23 with 908 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough away on 12:39 - Jul 23 by 3swan

The MAGS were much more accommodating, picking up at the Motorbike Museum A45/M42 junction.

We aimed to please at a non profit rate 😂

Middlesbrough away on 20:53 - Jul 23 with 783 viewsQJumpingJack

Bring back FOSCFA!

An easy win for Coleman and Gude would be to subsidise the first game of the season. A missed opportunity?
Middlesbrough away on 21:55 - Jul 23 with 738 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough away on 20:53 - Jul 23 by QJumpingJack

Bring back FOSCFA!

An easy win for Coleman and Gude would be to subsidise the first game of the season. A missed opportunity?

I recall the night when FOSCFA was founded in Pembroke Dock at the football club, late 1979 ? yes that’s where it started. Pat McQuillan’s father was the driving force. Now whether that was FOSCFA’s start in life is open to debate, but it was definitely the first time they formed an association.

There may be one or two on here who remember the coaches we ran from Milford and Haverfordwest, it started in 1980. Some of us were not that well behaved, and the learning curve for an enthusiastic teenager on away trips regularly began.

Middlesbrough away on 07:52 - Jul 24 with 641 viewsguthrieintherain

Middlesbrough away on 20:53 - Jul 23 by QJumpingJack

Bring back FOSCFA!

Yes would even go as far as to suggest the club could pay for the travel like they did in that huge game with Sunderland in the Prem.
Would have been a good way to get the fans onside.

Sky and the EFL have a lot to answer for 640 mile round trip for the first game of the season with an early kick off.

Middlesbrough away on 08:36 - Jul 24 with 613 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough away on 21:55 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

I recall the night when FOSCFA was founded in Pembroke Dock at the football club, late 1979 ? yes that’s where it started. Pat McQuillan’s father was the driving force. Now whether that was FOSCFA’s start in life is open to debate, but it was definitely the first time they formed an association.

There may be one or two on here who remember the coaches we ran from Milford and Haverfordwest, it started in 1980. Some of us were not that well behaved, and the learning curve for an enthusiastic teenager on away trips regularly began.

Can’t imagbe yiu being anything but well behaved teen

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough away on 11:02 - Jul 26 with 465 viewsSwans9

Still getting over trip on national express to Boro when it was announced the game was off at the start of COVID because Arteta had come down positive test all games called off. Man it's a long way on the coach it took us 11 h there and back to Newcastle on the national express. I got the plane from Bristol after that. Mad thing was the south shields v man u fans formed team game went ahead on that Saturday. Respect all do that trip up and back in a coach car or mini bus. Last time I did a trip that far up and back on the same day on swans supporters coaches was Newcastle 1993 in the cup. We had beat Boro the round before and we stopped in spenymoor on the bus on the way up which was full of Boro fans
Middlesbrough away on 11:07 - Jul 26 with 454 viewstrampie

I would think Boro will be quite strong favorites to beat the Swans in this match with the bookies.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Middlesbrough away on 12:00 - Jul 26 with 421 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough away on 11:02 - Jul 26 by Swans9

Still getting over trip on national express to Boro when it was announced the game was off at the start of COVID because Arteta had come down positive test all games called off. Man it's a long way on the coach it took us 11 h there and back to Newcastle on the national express. I got the plane from Bristol after that. Mad thing was the south shields v man u fans formed team game went ahead on that Saturday. Respect all do that trip up and back in a coach car or mini bus. Last time I did a trip that far up and back on the same day on swans supporters coaches was Newcastle 1993 in the cup. We had beat Boro the round before and we stopped in spenymoor on the bus on the way up which was full of Boro fans

Great day out that, Newcastle fans were idiots by the buses. For them it was a bit like going back to school.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024