Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 204684 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 13:03 - Jul 30 with 2039 viewsNed_Kennedys

General Election Thread on 11:56 - Jul 30 by LazyFan

Please do not associate this policy with the left, it's firmly with the pro-capitalists.

All this talk of black holes in budgets is based upon the so-called "Fiscal Rules". What are these must not go against rules? They are rules invented by the Tories, and they are utter garbage.

If we changed to new rules away from these, we would no longer need to cut the allowance as we would not need to meet these old Tory rules. Where does the money come from then?

Either you tax the rich, or you borrow it. It's that simple.
Well, you can also stop paying for PPE that's faulty. Stop paying almost £1bn for Rwanda which would never work and if did would only do it for a small percentage. Stop paying gazillions on housing aslyum seekers in private hotels or even on a barge or using up army barracks (which could be give to homeless veterans instead) and actually build proper accommodation for everyone (even our own) to actually ... wait for it ... save money!

There are many other approaches to investing to cut costs and get a return. Dumping PFI, for example, is another, along with NOT bailing out train companies.

But back to the point. Yes, cutting the allowance is totally wrong and is not left-wing. As I have stated before, Starmer and his lot are Blairites and, therefore, pro-capital. This is an austerity policy and we know these don't work. Sure, they get a quick fix of money, but then what? So, you see, this is how we know it's an austerity policy and not even one for growth, as Starmer claims. This is actually a proper pro-capital policy that the Tories would have loved to do but could not, as that would have lost them votes in their base. We know the right pro-capitalists will be vanking themselves silly at this austerity policy and doubly so, as they will be able to try and claim this is left-wing. Everyone knows Starmer is closer to Truss than Corbyn.

As I have also stated, Starmer is a liar and he will do this as will his cronies, again and again. Mark my words, call him TFS. Two-Faced Starmer. You cannot trust this guy and the real left has been warning about him since day 1.

They have been clever, they have resolved some of the strike issues, but this is a one-off, when the Unions come back for parity in a few years, the answer will be no and then we shall have strikes. They have identified that new homes must be built as this will get many votes if they do it. They won't. It will fail to deliver the 1.5m homes as it relies on the private sector, which has failed to do that time and again, regardless of planning rules (which is just a lame excuse).

They will claim it's impossible, but here is how to do it, as it has already been done before, and it worked.

After WW2, the Labour govt had no money whatsoever a way worse economy than we have now. But they still created the NHS from nothing, they nationalised the railways fully (as it was a disaster during the war and had to be run by central govt or we would have lost the war) and they built 1m homes in the first year of power. Not over five years, but the very first year. They did it by borrowing in a broken economy and through the councils implementing it (not the private sector). Thatcher killed all that and then let the councils sell them off, with no way to replace the stock.

The point is all this talk of there being no money is a complete lie, as a REAL Labour govt after WW2 managed to do all this and way way way more. In addition, it was way harder to do it back then as there was zero infrastructure to baseline on as the country was wrecked due to the war. Then there was the problem of lack of skills due to people dying in the war and so on. There were massive amounts of veterans to look after and all sorts of way more challenging issues than today. We can see with Ukraine how bad a war damages a country. Yet that Labour govt got us out of it and set the standard for the UK for many decades after.

When they say there is no money, they are liars, when they say it cannot be done, they are liars.
We know this as it was done before in way harder times.

TFS (Two-Faced Starmer).

So you are comparing the situation in this country now to that of nearly 80 years ago? Absolute nonsense to do so.
Seems like you’re pining for an alternative reality with Corbyn as the new PM as well.
General Election Thread on 13:19 - Jul 30 with 1985 viewsLblock

General Election Thread on 12:25 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

yep, some bastard on twitter flashed up some pictures on my timeline without warning and they flashed across my pupils for about .23 seconds..

It was enough.. it will haunt me forever.

We're entering savage new times, and we're going to have to be strong, if we're going to survive them. Jesus christ.

Are you telling me that some sickos have shared video of this?

Firstly, what sort of sub human scum are you that your first reaction upon arriving this scene of mind numbing devastation is to get your iPhone 27 out and start filming rather than helping?

Secondly, why on Gods earth would you then decide to upload that footage of the most appalling thing to the www intruding on the gut wrenching and unbelievable grief people involved will ever experience in their lives?

Whoever has done that may a pox be upon them and may they die screaming.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

General Election Thread on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 1948 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 13:19 - Jul 30 by Lblock

Are you telling me that some sickos have shared video of this?

Firstly, what sort of sub human scum are you that your first reaction upon arriving this scene of mind numbing devastation is to get your iPhone 27 out and start filming rather than helping?

Secondly, why on Gods earth would you then decide to upload that footage of the most appalling thing to the www intruding on the gut wrenching and unbelievable grief people involved will ever experience in their lives?

Whoever has done that may a pox be upon them and may they die screaming.

It was pictures, taken in the immediate aftermath of the murders in the street. I believe the pictures were shared by a number of Twitter /x accounts . Their aims were 'to shock/awaken people from their apathy'.

I do not agree with them.
[Post edited 30 Jul 13:26]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

General Election Thread on 13:37 - Jul 30 with 1888 viewsQPR_John

General Election Thread on 11:34 - Jul 30 by colinallcars

Nice to see you've given them a chance !

Time will tell
General Election Thread on 15:28 - Jul 30 with 1757 viewsHayesender

A mere two months ago Starmer blasted the torys for considering removing the winter fuel allowance. Yesterday sir slippy applauded as his party did just that

Poll: Shamima Beghum

General Election Thread on 18:16 - Jul 30 with 1657 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 15:28 - Jul 30 by Hayesender

A mere two months ago Starmer blasted the torys for considering removing the winter fuel allowance. Yesterday sir slippy applauded as his party did just that

I bet politicians and mass media love all this.

Keeps everyone distracted by arguing and trying to score points with each other whilst it just goes around in forever circles. Each side trying to win when neither can.

Take Facebook, it’s patently obvious threads are created to engage arguments and disagreement and people in their thousands all bite, whether the post is just click bait or more sinister such as data harvesting.
[Post edited 30 Jul 19:38]
General Election Thread on 18:55 - Jul 30 with 1592 viewsRanger_Things

General Election Thread on 11:53 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

I can't bring myself to look into the details of that Southport thing yet mate. Hits me hard these days, the little bit I've heard is enough, I don't wanna know any more.

I'm sure it is all entirely predictable and something we were assured would never happen, now happening a lot. I doubt any of the LFW Libs will have the chutzpah to go down the "And here's why it's a good thing:" route, but the silence around these events tells you all you need to know. Tacit acceptance. Fcked mate.

I’ve read this post a few times but would rather you clarify before I reply properly. Are you using a tragic massacre of children to shoehorn in a pop at your fellow QPR fans?
General Election Thread on 19:23 - Jul 30 with 1502 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 18:55 - Jul 30 by Ranger_Things

I’ve read this post a few times but would rather you clarify before I reply properly. Are you using a tragic massacre of children to shoehorn in a pop at your fellow QPR fans?

No, I was primarily relying to Disco who I know and respect. Think that is kinda clear tbh.

If you read it and felt I was offering a criticism of you personally - I wasn't, but if you feel it fits, then you're quite welcome to take it.

And if you don't - Then don't!

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 19:36 - Jul 30 with 1459 viewsPunteR

God, this thread is grim. Fk knows why i read it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

General Election Thread on 20:00 - Jul 30 with 1372 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s objectively mental that the winter fuel allowance wasn’t means-tested. Until fairly recently emigrants to warm countries still received it. Perhaps it’s impacting too many people and obviously our abysmal state pension isn’t going to go wildly up any time soon but if that’s what was needed to get junior doctors a pay rise that still leaves them far worse off than their pre-Tory peers then I don’t think that’s unfair.

I’m over-simplifying it of course and it’s more than just dropping X to afford Y but coming to an agreement with the junior doctors after months and months of the previous government just giving up on it/creating a culture war is praiseworthy.
General Election Thread on 20:13 - Jul 30 with 1323 viewsJuzzie

When people talk about winter fuel and tv licences in conjunction with oap’s it’s as though every single oap in this country is destitute and struggling.
Whilst there probably are ones like that, sadly, there are many, many more that are quite well off, and good luck to them for that. So, i don’t think it’s unfair that they should not get an allowance in order to help others that do need it. Do others disagree with that?
General Election Thread on 20:50 - Jul 30 with 1252 viewsRanger_Things

General Election Thread on 19:23 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

No, I was primarily relying to Disco who I know and respect. Think that is kinda clear tbh.

If you read it and felt I was offering a criticism of you personally - I wasn't, but if you feel it fits, then you're quite welcome to take it.

And if you don't - Then don't!

I’ll be honest mate, as our LFW pet troll you can be quite amusing at times. All your weirdo nutjob conspiracy theory beliefs are fcking hilarious. The racist dog whistle stuff is very tired though, so much that even Baz can’t be bothered to reply anymore, and he bites like a crocodile . Maybe try to find some new angle as it just makes you look very bitter and obsessed.
Anyway, a bit of advice that you are welcome to take or not. Maybe avoid using the heinous murders of little children as a wind up tool eh. It’s a bit dark, even for you. Sure a handful of thumbs from strangers on the internet may boost your ego for a while but i promise it’s not a good look. Plus you wouldn’t have the balls to say it in real life so don’t say it here. Chill out, perhaps take some time away from the internet for your mental health and come back stronger with some better material to entertain us. Also the season starts soon, hopefully that will put you in a more positive place. You do like football don’t you?
General Election Thread on 21:09 - Jul 30 with 1218 viewsLazyFan

General Election Thread on 13:03 - Jul 30 by Ned_Kennedys

So you are comparing the situation in this country now to that of nearly 80 years ago? Absolute nonsense to do so.
Seems like you’re pining for an alternative reality with Corbyn as the new PM as well.

No its not. After WW2 we had it worse but did more.

Therefore, we can do at the very least what we did straight after winning the war. Thats not a big ask, especially as we know we can do it and have done it before. It's not even bold to ask for the same as 80 years ago, when we have way better technology and no after affects of War dragging us down. If anything it would be weak and woke to say we could not achieve that and also a slap in the face for all those heroes who fought in the war to make the UK a better place.

BTW:
Corbyn 10,295,907 votes in 2019.
Starmer 9,686,329 votes in 2024.

So, Starmer got 609,578 fewer votes than Corbyn.

Here is the source from that loony leftie paper the Daily Express:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1919369/labour-landslide-less-votes-jere

Also, the population was 66.8m in 2019 and now it's 67.9m. So, Starmer had another possible million people to vote for him than Corbyn did. You know the sort of people on the right who would say are immigrants who just rocked up, got citizenship and then voted to borderless Labour.
Yet he still got less votes. He's lucky Reform turned up and split the Tory vote.

zzzzzzzzzz

General Election Thread on 21:46 - Jul 30 with 1140 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 20:50 - Jul 30 by Ranger_Things

I’ll be honest mate, as our LFW pet troll you can be quite amusing at times. All your weirdo nutjob conspiracy theory beliefs are fcking hilarious. The racist dog whistle stuff is very tired though, so much that even Baz can’t be bothered to reply anymore, and he bites like a crocodile . Maybe try to find some new angle as it just makes you look very bitter and obsessed.
Anyway, a bit of advice that you are welcome to take or not. Maybe avoid using the heinous murders of little children as a wind up tool eh. It’s a bit dark, even for you. Sure a handful of thumbs from strangers on the internet may boost your ego for a while but i promise it’s not a good look. Plus you wouldn’t have the balls to say it in real life so don’t say it here. Chill out, perhaps take some time away from the internet for your mental health and come back stronger with some better material to entertain us. Also the season starts soon, hopefully that will put you in a more positive place. You do like football don’t you?

Interesting take. I'll give you that. Maybe you could do with a step back yourself?

I'll offer you the same advice I offer everybody who suffers a negative emotional reaction to my posts on here - There is an "Ignore User" button in the bottom right corner of my posts. Click it, restore your echo chamber, and protect yourself from the hurty words that make you sad. Your replies won't be missed.

General Election Thread on 21:54 - Jul 30 with 1092 viewsloftboy

Load of blokes rioting in Southport after a bloke walked past the vigil flashing a flick knife, a mosque and police vehicles attacked.
Asians and Africans fighting each other with machetes in Southend today.
Anyone else worried for this country.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 22:01 - Jul 30 with 1039 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 21:46 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

Interesting take. I'll give you that. Maybe you could do with a step back yourself?

I'll offer you the same advice I offer everybody who suffers a negative emotional reaction to my posts on here - There is an "Ignore User" button in the bottom right corner of my posts. Click it, restore your echo chamber, and protect yourself from the hurty words that make you sad. Your replies won't be missed.

And I'll offer a little bit of 'advice' of my own at this point.

After some initial really interesting discussion from across the spectrum, both threads have now descended down through the bit where everybody who holds the opposite view is either Hitler or a Communist, into some really quite nasty, personal stuff.

It's exactly why I used to just delete these threads and say go elsewhere for that. I've relaxed it this summer on trust, and initially it's produced some really interesting stuff which I've enjoyed reading, but I'm not having the direction both these threads are going now.

Sheffield, that post about other posters' "tacit acceptance" of the slaughter of little kids is, in my opinion, miles and miles over the line.

Everybody here is a QPR fan. We support the same club, we sit in the same stadium, we drink in the same pubs. We think differently about a whole range of issues, and that's okay - people are entitled to hold different views.

The rhetoric gets dialled down now.
We treat each other with respect whether we agree or not.
We remember we're all QPR here together.

Otherwise I'm going to start deleting and locking threads, banning accounts, and if I end up here by myself, well after 20 years I don't give a toss.

That 'Newborns' thread further down the board is us at our absolute best.

This one is becoming us at our worst.

General Election Thread on 22:15 - Jul 30 with 979 viewsCamberleyR

General Election Thread on 21:09 - Jul 30 by LazyFan

No its not. After WW2 we had it worse but did more.

Therefore, we can do at the very least what we did straight after winning the war. Thats not a big ask, especially as we know we can do it and have done it before. It's not even bold to ask for the same as 80 years ago, when we have way better technology and no after affects of War dragging us down. If anything it would be weak and woke to say we could not achieve that and also a slap in the face for all those heroes who fought in the war to make the UK a better place.

BTW:
Corbyn 10,295,907 votes in 2019.
Starmer 9,686,329 votes in 2024.

So, Starmer got 609,578 fewer votes than Corbyn.

Here is the source from that loony leftie paper the Daily Express:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1919369/labour-landslide-less-votes-jere

Also, the population was 66.8m in 2019 and now it's 67.9m. So, Starmer had another possible million people to vote for him than Corbyn did. You know the sort of people on the right who would say are immigrants who just rocked up, got citizenship and then voted to borderless Labour.
Yet he still got less votes. He's lucky Reform turned up and split the Tory vote.

10m votes but how many seats gained from the Tories?

I'll give you a clue. It's greater than zero and less than two. That doesn't win Labour elections.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

General Election Thread on 22:26 - Jul 30 with 937 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 22:01 - Jul 30 by Northernr

After some initial really interesting discussion from across the spectrum, both threads have now descended down through the bit where everybody who holds the opposite view is either Hitler or a Communist, into some really quite nasty, personal stuff.

It's exactly why I used to just delete these threads and say go elsewhere for that. I've relaxed it this summer on trust, and initially it's produced some really interesting stuff which I've enjoyed reading, but I'm not having the direction both these threads are going now.

Sheffield, that post about other posters' "tacit acceptance" of the slaughter of little kids is, in my opinion, miles and miles over the line.

Everybody here is a QPR fan. We support the same club, we sit in the same stadium, we drink in the same pubs. We think differently about a whole range of issues, and that's okay - people are entitled to hold different views.

Otherwise I'm going to start deleting and locking threads, banning accounts, and if I end up here by myself, well after 20 years I don't give a toss.

Special mention to the insects thread. Lovely.
General Election Thread on 22:28 - Jul 30 with 924 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 22:01 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Well look, I disagree on many points, but I'll accept it should've been a PM rather than posted on the board for all to see. I'm not trying to wind people up with that, it's just how I see it. Sorry if that's a little reactionary but having 2 young kids will do that.

General Election Thread on 22:30 - Jul 30 with 910 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 22:15 - Jul 30 by CamberleyR

10m votes but how many seats gained from the Tories?

I'll give you a clue. It's greater than zero and less than two. That doesn't win Labour elections.

Even I concede this situation is untenable. Labour just pissed an election with fewer votes than Corbyn, who got smashed. Make it make sense.

General Election Thread on 22:43 - Jul 30 with 835 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 22:30 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

Even I concede this situation is untenable. Labour just pissed an election with fewer votes than Corbyn, who got smashed. Make it make sense.

I’ll make it make sense… it’s not about number of overall votes, it’s about numbers of seats won. You could win one seat by a majority of ten million votes but still lose the election if your opponent gets more seats by a majority of just one vote per seat.
General Election Thread on 22:46 - Jul 30 with 825 viewsSheffieldHoop

General Election Thread on 22:43 - Jul 30 by Juzzie

I’ll make it make sense… it’s not about number of overall votes, it’s about numbers of seats won. You could win one seat by a majority of ten million votes but still lose the election if your opponent gets more seats by a majority of just one vote per seat.

I dunno Juzzie, I think the system may have either A) Outlived its usefulness or B) Have been a load of bollocks all along

General Election Thread on 22:50 - Jul 30 with 803 viewsHayesender

General Election Thread on 22:46 - Jul 30 by SheffieldHoop

I dunno Juzzie, I think the system may have either A) Outlived its usefulness or B) Have been a load of bollocks all along

It's all very Dunny on the wold

Poll: Shamima Beghum

General Election Thread on 22:58 - Jul 30 with 1674 viewsnumptydumpty

Crikey there's a lot of nastiness on this thread

People's politics are down to the individual

We all have differing views and there's nowt wrong with that but some of these posts here are just downright nasty. Condescending to others also.

But scoring points about something as horrific as these three poor young little girls. That's bordering on criminal. It's an horrific situation that puts such petty disagreements online into total perspective and everyone can agree, whether they have kids or not and whatever their politics also, that this incident is about as horrendous a situation as anything could be.

Probably time to take a chill pill and think on what matters and what really doesn't.

Politics and religion - its never going to be debates where cosy agreements occur.
Best avoided I say.

Have a cup of tea, stand on your head, spin round seventeen times and watch Jimmy Dunninho's last minute screamer. Have your horlicks and get some shuteye everyone...
[Post edited 30 Jul 23:01]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

General Election Thread on 00:18 - Jul 31 with 1547 viewsDannyPaddox

Just in case the thread does get locked my favourite bit was when Discorrhoids mysteriously got it in his head that SheffieldTroll had been banned and he bowled in with mate mate mate how very dare they. And SheffieldTroll replied with no mate I haven’t been banned. The feeling of disappointment between the two was so palpable I actually felt a bit sorry for them. Did make me think of this tho 😁 …

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024