Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? 23:52 - Feb 9 with 6554 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 12:02]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:04 - Feb 11 with 545 viewsBadlands

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 21:57 - Feb 11 by SullutaCreturned

Well if his contract is up in May they should be able to afford that? Assuming we are actually not stony broke and that's why we didn't bring any first team players in?

My son desperately wants to renew our seasons even though he also complains about the manager. He'll be disappointed, I'm keeping the money and putting it towards a holiday in Italy in the summer!

A true fan

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:06 - Feb 11 with 535 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:48 - Feb 11 by BillyChong

Not sure if they can be given much credit for the “invested more than any other owners” point. It’s more a question of are they backing the club enough given our stage in the clubs recent history. CLN’s and the rest of it aren’t really benefitting the quality of the squad. Signing the likes of Rory Fallon and Amankwaah in the mid-2000’s were bigger investments on the playing squad than the current owners are up to when considering the position of the club then vs now.

Blame the recruitment team for that then.

Their job is simply to back the management and recruitment teams. They are doing that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:29 - Feb 11 with 498 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:04 - Feb 11 by Badlands

A true fan

Hey, for 50 years I have supported through thick and thin. I was there at the march against Petty, I was there in the old 4th division. I have spent god knows how much money following the Swans home and away. I have kept the faith in worse times than these but when push comes to shove I guess I fell out of love with football, it was the Premier league days that really caused that. All that greed, all that trouble caused by relegation where so many teams have gone broke and why, so a few palyers can earn mind boggling amounts of money. Then to see our club being run down by our "next level" owners.

Football was the most important thing to me for a very large part of my life but it's not that important any more.

If you think you're a better fan than me then crack on. It doesn't worry me. My opinion is that only a mug, a first class fool, would pay a lot of money to go watch something he doesn't enjoy any more. I haven't enjoyed it for a while, I stuck with it for a while but enough is enough.

I have better things to do.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:34 - Feb 11 with 494 viewscockneyswan

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 19:17 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

We had to pay compensation for Martin. Other managers were free. Ergo Martin was not the cheap option by any definition of the word.

Just goes to show how poor management decision making is, Cameron Toshack would have done a better job, or better still should have backed Steve Cooper.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:41 - Feb 11 with 486 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:06 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Blame the recruitment team for that then.

Their job is simply to back the management and recruitment teams. They are doing that.

Did a cracking job of backing the management and recruitment teams in January.
How many signings did we make in January again ?
How many millions did we spent in January again?
Totally baffling why your viewpoint is so pro the owners, regardless of your feelings towards Martin ?

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:43 - Feb 11 with 486 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:04 - Feb 11 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s so lazy.

You know how a football club works. They don’t go buying players on their own hunches. Very dishonest to suggest if.

A recruitment team combined with a management team sources players and then asks the owners for backing to get them.

Do we want our owners to back our managers or not?

At the moment they are being slated for not doing so. When you point out they have, they are slated for that too.

Lazy? That's hysterical. They stopped backing the manager. Any dedline from here on in is solely down to poor management from the top down. Martin will not improve things with the squad he has and they would not give him any new players, they did not back him in the last window.

Even then, after they intervened in deals and pulled the plug on thse deals, they blamed the recruitment team.

I never suggested the owners bought players on their own hunches either, that's very disingenuous of you. You do that a lot though. I said they had stopped backing Martin and they wouldn't sack him.

Of course I could wake p tomorrow and read that they have sacked him, who knows.
Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:47 - Feb 11 with 484 viewsSTID2017

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:43 - Feb 11 by SullutaCreturned

Lazy? That's hysterical. They stopped backing the manager. Any dedline from here on in is solely down to poor management from the top down. Martin will not improve things with the squad he has and they would not give him any new players, they did not back him in the last window.

Even then, after they intervened in deals and pulled the plug on thse deals, they blamed the recruitment team.

I never suggested the owners bought players on their own hunches either, that's very disingenuous of you. You do that a lot though. I said they had stopped backing Martin and they wouldn't sack him.

Of course I could wake p tomorrow and read that they have sacked him, who knows.

Good post

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:53 - Feb 11 with 472 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who Do Posters On Here Blame Most ? on 22:43 - Feb 11 by SullutaCreturned

Extremely lazy yes, you can’t blame the owners for not backing the manager and recruitment team
In one breath and then slate them for backing them in the next.

You have to pick one.

Are we blaming them for not backing the manager, or are we blaming them for backing him?

Which deals did they pull the plug on?

If they sacked him now it would cost the club a fortune. Realistically we aren’t going up now and we aren’t going down. It’s a crazy time to get rid, especially when our options increase of quality of manager in the off season.

It seems your desperation to blame them is confusing you a little and you can’t decide what you are annoyed at.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024