Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's Game ? 19:00 - Sep 8 with 30517 viewsconnell10

I presume all football games will be cancelled on Saturday.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saturday's Game ? on 09:19 - Sep 10 with 2362 viewsWatfordR

Saturday's Game ? on 18:17 - Sep 9 by BklynRanger

Your thirdly isn't really a thirdly but great belief in your fellow citizens anyway. Cancel the lot because you fear a few loons, that's the spirit.

Isn’t that how we ended up with Brexit?

Saturday's Game ? on 09:20 - Sep 10 with 2356 viewsnix

Saturday's Game ? on 07:52 - Sep 10 by traininvain

The funeral is expected to be Monday 19th September so it’s not even on the day of most the games next weekend. But policing and logistical issues are now expected to mean more postponements according to this: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/09/premier-league-clubs-fear-more-

Apparently the football decision makers were unable to foresee this situation when they made the decision yesterday to postpone this weekend’s games despite it being blatantly obvious.

They really are a useless bunch of idiots. This was so obvious. But they actually met the Minister too so surely they told them about the policing situation? Was the Minister not briefed? Or did they think it was sensible to begin a fixture pile up in September.

Two/three matches being postponed when you also have the World Cup to factor in already makes things difficult. You only need a few more cancellations for various reasons, like waterlogged pitches, cup clashes etc and you get a Rotherham level situation.
Saturday's Game ? on 09:57 - Sep 10 with 2246 viewsStreathamRanger

My son's team (under 11s) was due to play a friendly against the under 12s from the same club tomorrow but it has just been cancelled. Club are worried about people seeing club shirts and putting negative stuff on social media after the FA inexplicably banned all grassroots games. What a joke! No professional football for two weekends and now kids can't even have a kick about in the park. The FA are a complete shambles.
Saturday's Game ? on 10:12 - Sep 10 with 2213 viewsted_hendrix

Saturday's Game ? on 07:23 - Sep 10 by traininvain

There’s now talk about having to postpone next weekend’s games as well. What a mess the football league and Premiership have made of this situation.

It’s going to create a lot more resentment towards the royal family so it’s completely counterproductive.

*There’s now talk about having to postpone next weekend’s games as well.*

Seriously?

Today's postponents was bad enough but with a shrug of the shoulders we just as usual put up with It, there quickly needs to be a line drawn under It, many people and businesses are going to be 'out of pocket' this weekend and It really doesn't have to happen again next weekend.

The sympathy from the the country shown since last Thursday afternoon's news broke has been admirable but that will soon disappear, It's amost like a 'calm down' 'calm down' everybody and let's think about this properly before we make any rash decisions.

I honestly can't believe they'll postpone next weekends fixtures too, It'll be madness and for what purpose?

I'm running out of mourn already.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saturday's Game ? on 10:49 - Sep 10 with 2145 viewsChrisNW6

With all that has and is happening today, I think Football had to take a back seat. This is once in a lifetime stuff for most of us and it wouldn't be right for large sporting events to take place today.

I think we all need time to take in the magnitude of the events we are seeing.

Hopefully midweek games will happen as well as next weekends.
Saturday's Game ? on 11:46 - Sep 10 with 2026 viewstraininvain

Saturday's Game ? on 10:12 - Sep 10 by ted_hendrix

*There’s now talk about having to postpone next weekend’s games as well.*

Seriously?

Today's postponents was bad enough but with a shrug of the shoulders we just as usual put up with It, there quickly needs to be a line drawn under It, many people and businesses are going to be 'out of pocket' this weekend and It really doesn't have to happen again next weekend.

The sympathy from the the country shown since last Thursday afternoon's news broke has been admirable but that will soon disappear, It's amost like a 'calm down' 'calm down' everybody and let's think about this properly before we make any rash decisions.

I honestly can't believe they'll postpone next weekends fixtures too, It'll be madness and for what purpose?

I'm running out of mourn already.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/09/premier-league-clubs-fear-more-

Apparently due to policing and logistical issues as London will be completely mobbed ahead of the funeral.

All very predictable which begs the question why the football league and Premiership voluntarily decided to postpone this weekend’s fixtures.

I was feeling broadly sympathetic on Thursday/Friday morning but I’m now completely sick of this circus.
Saturday's Game ? on 11:50 - Sep 10 with 2019 viewsnix

Saturday's Game ? on 10:49 - Sep 10 by ChrisNW6

With all that has and is happening today, I think Football had to take a back seat. This is once in a lifetime stuff for most of us and it wouldn't be right for large sporting events to take place today.

But you do realise that the cricket test match is happening today, as well as rugby matches and the Great North Run? It's the football that's being cancelled not all sporting events.
Saturday's Game ? on 11:59 - Sep 10 with 1992 viewshamptonhillhoop

Saturday's Game ? on 11:46 - Sep 10 by traininvain

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/09/premier-league-clubs-fear-more-

Apparently due to policing and logistical issues as London will be completely mobbed ahead of the funeral.

All very predictable which begs the question why the football league and Premiership voluntarily decided to postpone this weekend’s fixtures.

I was feeling broadly sympathetic on Thursday/Friday morning but I’m now completely sick of this circus.

Completely agree. Next weekend was always the one that would require a postponement because of policing issues. It makes the decision to postpone this week's all the more shortsighted. The police presence at the Palace this weekend will be minimal compared to next week in the run up to the funeral. At the moment it will be monitoring a largely peaceful crowd. Next week will be all the preparation that goes into staging a state funeral and all the security issues that entails
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's Game ? on 12:03 - Sep 10 with 1983 viewsdavman

Utterly annoying.

Instead of travelling to LR, am I sitting at home watching the wall to wall coverage of the only Monarch I have known, whose death hit me like it would if it had been a relative I was very fond of, or am I having to do the mundane list of chores my wife has asked me to do "seeing as I am not doing anything else today"?

Am I stopping painting to reflect on the latest thing Nicolas Whitchall has said to try to get people to forget that our new King once referred to him as "that horrible little man"?

I am gutted, I loved her as our ruler am it really is a sad time and I will grieve with the nation when the funeral goes ahead.

...BUT I have a life too and want to watch a game of football with my lad, singing the old and new national anthem and clapping my heart out for that lovely lady who has passed.

Then realising that this was the choice of the Administrators who run our game who, without any consultation with the fans (surprise, surprise...), have unilaterally decided to cancel everything maybe not just this weekend, but next too.

...and before anyone calls me disrespectful, READ what I have said above - that lady deserves a massive amount of respect, which I gave to her during her life and continue to do so now that she has passed. But, she loved FUN, she loved people having FUN and she would be mortified if she saw people being stopped from having FUN.

They say celebrate her life, then make us sit at home doing nothing but wallowing.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Saturday's Game ? on 12:25 - Sep 10 with 1953 viewstraininvain

Saturday's Game ? on 09:57 - Sep 10 by StreathamRanger

My son's team (under 11s) was due to play a friendly against the under 12s from the same club tomorrow but it has just been cancelled. Club are worried about people seeing club shirts and putting negative stuff on social media after the FA inexplicably banned all grassroots games. What a joke! No professional football for two weekends and now kids can't even have a kick about in the park. The FA are a complete shambles.

Meanwhile, walking past my local independent school this morning and both rugby and cricket were in full flow. Starting to wonder if it’s a class thing.
Saturday's Game ? on 13:22 - Sep 10 with 1871 viewsgobbles

Saturday's Game ? on 12:25 - Sep 10 by traininvain

Meanwhile, walking past my local independent school this morning and both rugby and cricket were in full flow. Starting to wonder if it’s a class thing.

Rugby league on as well, so you can park that "class" angle.
Maybe those are just sports that have people organising them that actually care about the fans
Saturday's Game ? on 13:43 - Sep 10 with 1829 viewsManinBlack

So am I to understand Millwall and Stoke will be off? Bad news losing two 3pm Saturday home games on consecutive weekends which will probably become night games in the middle of winter just when power cuts arrive threatening midweek games. Me cynical?
Saturday's Game ? on 13:43 - Sep 10 with 1828 viewsdaveB

Saturday's Game ? on 11:46 - Sep 10 by traininvain

A cynic would suggest that it's a plot by the Premier League to ensure the fA Cup drops replays and hammer another nail in the league cup making the semi final 1 leg to make time for these 2 games
Saturday's Game ? on 13:50 - Sep 10 with 1786 viewsSonofpugwash

"Now that you're not going to football you can finally put those shelves up".

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Saturday's Game ? on 13:54 - Sep 10 with 1772 viewstraininvain

Saturday's Game ? on 13:43 - Sep 10 by ManinBlack

So am I to understand Millwall and Stoke will be off? Bad news losing two 3pm Saturday home games on consecutive weekends which will probably become night games in the middle of winter just when power cuts arrive threatening midweek games. Me cynical?

Why wouldn’t the Millwall game go ahead? I’m sure the midweek champions league games will be played.
Saturday's Game ? on 13:55 - Sep 10 with 1767 viewsBklynRanger

I fear that is painfully accurate...
Saturday's Game ? on 14:08 - Sep 10 with 1718 viewsRanger_Things

Saturday's Game ? on 19:06 - Sep 9 by daveB

I only know about ITV, no idea what the other channels are doing

Bollocks to it all, I’m watching Cromwell on DVD.
Saturday's Game ? on 14:12 - Sep 10 with 1703 viewsManinBlack

Saturday's Game ? on 13:54 - Sep 10 by traininvain

Why wouldn’t the Millwall game go ahead? I’m sure the midweek champions league games will be played.

Well if it is 10 days or whatever of mourning I would not be surprised if all football suspended. Nothing surprises me these days.

We had two winnable home games now likely both to be off so if we play Millwall then that is a must lose as we have an abysmal away record in London derbies. This has the potential to be a bad week if we only play one of three fixtures and lose the one we do play.
Saturday's Game ? on 18:45 - Sep 10 with 1505 viewsStreathamRanger

Saturday's Game ? on 09:57 - Sep 10 by StreathamRanger

We've decided to ignore the FA and have a 'training session' which may involve some interaction with the under 12s who are also coincidentally training at the same time. There may even be a minute's silence before the 'training session' as a mark of respect.
Saturday's Game ? on 19:04 - Sep 10 with 1471 viewsdenhamhoop2

Saturday's Game ? on 10:49 - Sep 10 by ChrisNW6

So a Test Match at the Oval and the St Leger don't count as major sporting events both of which happen this weekend
Saturday's Game ? on 19:33 - Sep 10 with 1398 viewsAirtomoreira

Has anyone considered that the reason why sports such as cricket / golf / horse racing et al are able to go ahead, but football is not, has something to do with the amount of police resources that are required at the respective events? You'll not see large amounts of police at any of the sports that are taking place this week, simply because they can, by and large "police themselves". Sadly, due to the tribal nature of football fans, that is not true of the game we love.
Saturday's Game ? on 19:48 - Sep 10 with 1349 viewsconnell10

God this day has been f ucking boring ! I'm going to bed wake me up when it's all over!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saturday's Game ? on 20:58 - Sep 10 with 1268 viewsozranger

It's Huddersfield and Stoke, but that is not important. We are at Millwall on Wednesday, hopefully.

We are actually lucky that we are at home for these two as they will no doubt be placed as midweek games in an already packed schedule. The good news, if you can call it that, is that when we do have to play these games, they are at home. Imagine if we had to travel for them and how that would affect both the players and the fans.

While I totally disagree with the decision, I think that QPR have been rather lucky that Huddersfield and Stoke will eventually have to travel to us midweek and not the other way around.
Saturday's Game ? on 21:23 - Sep 10 with 1220 viewstoboboly

Saturday's Game ? on 19:33 - Sep 10 by Airtomoreira

Has anyone considered that the reason why sports such as cricket / golf / horse racing et al are able to go ahead, but football is not, has something to do with the amount of police resources that are required at the respective events? You'll not see large amounts of police at any of the sports that are taking place this week, simply because they can, by and large "police themselves". Sadly, due to the tribal nature of football fans, that is not true of the game we love.

That would be a good point however non-league and childrens football has also been cancelled/postponed and they have no police presence.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Saturday's Game ? on 21:42 - Sep 10 with 1189 viewsChrisNW6

Saturday's Game ? on 21:23 - Sep 10 by toboboly

That would be a good point however non-league and childrens football has also been cancelled/postponed and they have no police presence.

Football is the national sport and I think the decision to postpone all football was made as a national mark of respect.

Other sports were postponed on Friday to show respect so it would have been strange if football did nothing.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 21:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024