Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup 07:50 - Aug 23 with 19749 viewsHullDale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:54 - Aug 23 with 3109 viewsDaleFan7

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:51 - Aug 23 by James1980

Going out on a limb here the players aren't the talentless fools they are being accused of being. They are lacking in fitness and extremely lacking in confidence.

You can have all the quality in the world but if you don't have a competitive attitude then you've got no chance and most of these players don't have that.

Confidence can't have been an excuse in the first few games and if they weren't fit enough to start the season then they either didn't work hard enough in preseason or weren't told to.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:55 - Aug 23 with 3060 viewsD_Alien

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:54 - Aug 23 by DaleFan7

You can have all the quality in the world but if you don't have a competitive attitude then you've got no chance and most of these players don't have that.

Confidence can't have been an excuse in the first few games and if they weren't fit enough to start the season then they either didn't work hard enough in preseason or weren't told to.

The (former) manager thought we'd had a good pre-season, so has to be the latter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:17 - Aug 23 with 2843 viewsSheffield_dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 17:53 - Aug 23 by Dalenet

Will somebody attending tonight take their binoculars to scan the visiting directors area of the home stand. We need to know who is accompanying them tonight.

Graham Coughlan was there tonight after allegedly having an interview at the club yesterday.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:18 - Aug 23 with 2831 viewssuffolkdale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:41 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

The quality, though it isn’t great, is far from the biggest problem.

Sincerely hope you are right and I am wrong.........only time will tell!
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:20 - Aug 23 with 2788 views442Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:51 - Aug 23 by James1980

Going out on a limb here the players aren't the talentless fools they are being accused of being. They are lacking in fitness and extremely lacking in confidence.

They aren’t as bad as the ‘worst in 50/60/70/since the Jurassic era’ comments and the confidence thing is certainly valid but there is zero excuse for not putting in a shift. Watching some players amble back isn’t acceptable.

As noted, it started in the warm-up. Totally disjointed and lackadaisical.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:22 - Aug 23 with 2726 views442Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:17 - Aug 23 by Sheffield_dale

Graham Coughlan was there tonight after allegedly having an interview at the club yesterday.

A coach at Sheff U according to Wikipedia so that could explain his presence - watching Seriki.

If he is in for the job, would take him tomorrow. Did well at Bristol Rovers before moving to Mansfield.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:25 - Aug 23 with 2700 viewsdingdangblue

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:54 - Aug 23 by DaleFan7

To be fair the 2nd half v Crewe we could have got a draw. The win v Burton was excellent and confidence carried us into that 1st half v Grimsby where we really should have been 2 or 3 goals up. Since then it's been appalling and cost Stockdale his job. To say Saturday is a must win game is an understatement - ideally with our new manager in place.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:26 - Aug 23 with 2696 viewsSheffield_dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:22 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

A coach at Sheff U according to Wikipedia so that could explain his presence - watching Seriki.

If he is in for the job, would take him tomorrow. Did well at Bristol Rovers before moving to Mansfield.

I said that to the guy who knows him. Apparently he's no longer there and is looking for a management role.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:30 - Aug 23 with 2663 viewsHullDale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:36 - Aug 23 with 2605 viewsNewbury_Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:30 - Aug 23 by HullDale

Too close to the players (understandable, he's still a player). But just doesn't have the right mindset for management.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:39 - Aug 23 with 2580 viewsHopwoodblue

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:30 - Aug 23 by HullDale

He felt sorry for the players ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:46 - Aug 23 with 2513 viewsDaley_Lama

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:37 - Aug 23 by dalenumber2

Well done to the die hard Dale fans who travelled tonight. I heard from a Wednesday fan that they were in fine voice

Well, in-between breaking seats the singing was loud - although i think Jimmy Saville was from Leeds (who they don’t like) and Rochdale’s history in this area aint much to write home about.

Poll: DF in or out

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:08 - Aug 23 with 2380 viewsBlueMessiah

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 22:39 - Aug 23 by Hopwoodblue

He felt sorry for the players ?

Didn't he say before the match that he wanted them to "have fun"?
Maybe they didn't and that's why he feels sorry for them.
I didn't have fun either - strangely.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:12 - Aug 23 with 2332 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 21:29 - Aug 23 by Newbury_Dale

The last two performances suggest to me that Big Jim needs to leave the football club too. He hasn't inspired the players, so to retain him under the new manager would be worthless IMO.

Sort of, bin Interim Jim?
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:14 - Aug 23 with 2314 viewsdingdangblue

"It was tough to break against them as they are such good athletes - against our players" ...

Who aren't?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:46 - Aug 23 with 2191 viewsnordenblue

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:14 - Aug 23 by dingdangblue

"It was tough to break against them as they are such good athletes - against our players" ...

Who aren't?

That stuck out to me, probably just a slip of the tongue but he seems too overwhelmed for the managers job full stop, it would be much eaier.for him if he wastn coming from "one of them" i suppose, he's on a hiding to nothing to be fair to him.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 00:01 - Aug 24 with 2123 viewsbluevein64

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 23:14 - Aug 23 by dingdangblue

Who aren't?

Yes, that's exactly what I thought, Big Jim talked himself into a dead end there !
Good athletes v Not so good athletes, I think that with the benefit of a "take two" he'd choose his words more carefully, having said that it was a passionate interview, he's doing his best (my opinion ) and it's easy to pick the the bone's !
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 00:52 - Aug 24 with 2000 viewsBrierls

He made sure the players went over to clap the fans. That’s it. That’s all he’s got. FFS.

We can talk all we want about formations, starting Xi, performance, conceding worldies etc but how can we not make substitutions until so late in the game. Fair enough if Jim has an idea of starting Xi that isn’t dissimilar to Stockdale, but in that case why not sub some of them when it’s 3-0 to rest them for Saturday? The game was gone. We are sleepwalking through the season. It’s pathetic.

Malley again showed in a far too limited cameo that he can retain possession and move the ball forwards. How the hell are we going to get him match fit if he’s getting 5 mins here, 5 mins there.

We’re in a situation where we have to rush an appointment. We cannot go a minute longer without proper leadership.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 07:37 - Aug 24 with 1673 viewsDale_4_Life

It's so painful to watch.

I am clinging on to Burton was ok / pretty good and we should have been 2 or 3 up v Grimsby and that first half was pretty good.

Thanks Jim... Stepped up when asked and is a Top bloke however he is Not a manager by some distance and I hope we have our new man and a new voice in place by Saturday.

After 5 league games we are staring down a barrel. Our new manager whoever that might be needs balls of steel and when we appoint he needs to be given the remaining 41 games.

I have said previously give me 5th or 6th tier rather than Morton House in charge. This scenario is looking increasingly likely. Us fans need to also find something special and that starts on Saturday. More than anything let's see a shift a la Burton on the pitch and that should be enough to give us some hope and get our first point or even 3 on the board.

Over to Simon and the board.. I am sure he never signed up for this but I wish him the best of luck and I will do my best on the Terrace to keep supporting.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 7:40]
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:14 - Aug 24 with 1577 viewsMalley

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 00:52 - Aug 24 by Brierls

He made sure the players went over to clap the fans. That’s it. That’s all he’s got. FFS.

We can talk all we want about formations, starting Xi, performance, conceding worldies etc but how can we not make substitutions until so late in the game. Fair enough if Jim has an idea of starting Xi that isn’t dissimilar to Stockdale, but in that case why not sub some of them when it’s 3-0 to rest them for Saturday? The game was gone. We are sleepwalking through the season. It’s pathetic.

Malley again showed in a far too limited cameo that he can retain possession and move the ball forwards. How the hell are we going to get him match fit if he’s getting 5 mins here, 5 mins there.

We’re in a situation where we have to rush an appointment. We cannot go a minute longer without proper leadership.

You are not alone in that opinion, thr Dale fans are clamouring for him and Brierley to start. Thing is JM is going with what he feels safe with and needs to take the blinkers off. I am not knocking the present team but it simply is not working. They need to be taken out of the firing line even if they don’t like it as every pro wants to play. Hopefully the board can get someone in really quickly. Pretty sure if we can get a first win we will see a transition in confidence and belief, we can not all be Ronaldos but you can play with passion, desire and commitment
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:28 - Aug 24 with 1523 views442Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:14 - Aug 24 by Malley

You are not alone in that opinion, thr Dale fans are clamouring for him and Brierley to start. Thing is JM is going with what he feels safe with and needs to take the blinkers off. I am not knocking the present team but it simply is not working. They need to be taken out of the firing line even if they don’t like it as every pro wants to play. Hopefully the board can get someone in really quickly. Pretty sure if we can get a first win we will see a transition in confidence and belief, we can not all be Ronaldos but you can play with passion, desire and commitment

Another poster mentioned this, with your username it’s possibly going to come across you have links to our recently signed midfielder if you are promoting his inclusion! Hope not.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:34 - Aug 24 with 1502 viewsMalley

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:28 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

Another poster mentioned this, with your username it’s possibly going to come across you have links to our recently signed midfielder if you are promoting his inclusion! Hope not.

Links or not the facts speak for themselves. Last night was an ideal opportunity to put these lads in. It was a no brainer, a wonderful opportunity for game time which was not taken
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:36 - Aug 24 with 1488 viewsfrenzied

Jim clearly doesnt want the role nor do the board wish him to have it any longer than necessary...it is like giving Harry Maguire the role at Man Utd..

I dont think we have particulary bad players at all..they simply could not adapt to any system RS tried to put into place whilst others appear to have gone AWOL,,,What is happening with Charman and Campbell?

Whoever the new guy is coming into place has got a hell of a job ,,but could it really get any worse than it is at present?

Odd really because i felt pre season we looked reasonable.
Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:38 - Aug 24 with 1479 views442Dale

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:34 - Aug 24 by Malley

Links or not the facts speak for themselves. Last night was an ideal opportunity to put these lads in. It was a no brainer, a wonderful opportunity for game time which was not taken

Yes, we know. But if there are links to a player and that person continues to post, at some point they will be doing him no favours at all.

A bit like when that picture circulated before the signing was announced.

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:48 - Aug 24 with 1444 viewsMalley

Sheffield Wednesday (a) Match Thread - Carabao Cup on 08:38 - Aug 24 by 442Dale

Yes, we know. But if there are links to a player and that person continues to post, at some point they will be doing him no favours at all.

A bit like when that picture circulated before the signing was announced.

I see your point however anything I posted has not been vulgar, demeaning or overly critical of anyone. Are you advocating that I should desist from posting. And no I had nothing to do with the photo

Thanks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024