Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 04:34 - Jan 26 with 6287 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Hard to believe that he’s been with us for 2.5 years now, albeit a year of that injured.

How do we think he’s getting on? I see some similarities with Luongo, both good and bad. I do wish he’d push forward more and make more progressive passes rather than defaulting to pass back.

I think he’ll be very important if we’re to make a push.
Luke Amos on 23:08 - Jan 27 with 1551 viewsnix

Luke Amos on 09:47 - Jan 27 by francisbowles

I think Luke seems to be a quiet, more reserved type of character whose confidence has been affected by his injuries and he maybe needs constant praise and encouragement as he builds that confidence back up.

I think he's coming along nicely. We just need a bit of patience and need to remember that mental recovery comes after physical recovery and takes longer for some individuals than others.

Absolutely this. Warbs says that about both Willock and Amos that they have to believe more in their own abilities.

I also think we need a thumping win to get everyone back on track and feeling invincible again.
Luke Amos on 23:24 - Jan 27 with 1487 viewsLazyFan

Amos was quality. A regular run and he will come good.

zzzzzzzzzz

Luke Amos on 04:37 - Jan 30 with 1305 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Bringing this thread back because he basically made me eat my own words from the OP. Exceptional today. Picked a pass, defended well, and took his opportunities to run at the defense. Another excellent job.
Luke Amos on 07:35 - Jan 30 with 1183 viewsLeedsR

Luke Amos on 04:37 - Jan 30 by EmpireStateRanger

Bringing this thread back because he basically made me eat my own words from the OP. Exceptional today. Picked a pass, defended well, and took his opportunities to run at the defense. Another excellent job.

Fair play Empire. I thought Amos played really well today. Good energetic press and harrying(?) of the opposition, moved around well, and he played with so much more confidence and conviction, and thoroughly deserved his goal. Really pleased for him.

He is coming along very nicely indeed!
Luke Amos on 08:18 - Jan 30 with 1088 viewsswisscottage

He really has the makings of a genuine box to box midfielder.

Its been a while since we had a good one of those, Jojo's more an Ale Faurlin/Wilkins Type, whereas Amos is more of a Bryan Robson type in my mind.

Not saying any of then are at the same level of those players yet, but if Amos continues to improve he's another one who could progress to top player status with another two seasons under his belt if he doesn't get injured.
Luke Amos on 08:27 - Jan 30 with 1044 viewsBAWHoops

Amos and Field returning to full fitness gives us so much more bit and guile in the middle along side Stef.
A step up from Dozell and Ball at the moment

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Luke Amos on 08:33 - Jan 30 with 1019 viewsstevec

Amos started and finished his goal, best box to box effort here for a very long time, probably since Sir Gerry Francis.
Luke Amos on 08:38 - Jan 30 with 1007 viewsslmrstid

Luke was absolutely immense yesterday and I really hope he can kick on from it.

There's definitely a great footballer within him, but I've always been a bit unsure about his ability to dictate and control a game in the middle like Johansen has the ability to.

Poor opposition, but yesterday was a sign of him being able to do that. Really pleased for him because he's a really likeable character (although I feel that about most of our squad at the moment!)
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 08:45 - Jan 30 with 983 viewsDorse

I genuinely like Amos. What strikes me most about him is his attitude. For a player of his age to have 2 potentially career-ending injuries and still have the stones not only to come back, but to come back and play the kind of fearless football he does is quite exceptional. It really shows the kind of character that goes way beyond just a position or transfer fee.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luke Amos on 09:51 - Jan 30 with 872 viewsessextaxiboy

Luke Amos on 08:33 - Jan 30 by stevec

Amos started and finished his goal, best box to box effort here for a very long time, probably since Sir Gerry Francis.

I only realised that this morning, the little flicked pass to clear the ball was class followed by a lung busting run and finish .

Really pleased for him ...
Luke Amos on 09:58 - Jan 30 with 844 viewsBostonR

Sometimes players compliment each other. Field and Amos are very powerful together and that pairing could be the difference between automatic promotion or the play-offs. It was brilliant to watch them yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024