Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! 20:43 - Oct 15 with 10255 viewsWingstandwood

Now I know its only an opinion poll, but who would ever have thought this.
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-10-15/poll-lead-with-welsh-voters-suggests-b

Argus!

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:43 - Oct 18 with 1731 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:23 - Oct 18 by LeonWasGod

And getting worse, thanks to this madness.

I understand, but can I blame them? I'm not sure. It's easy to want to lay blame, but I suppose ultimately they (we) are the victims. It shouldn't take much to realise that our own government(s) have FAR bigger sway over people's lives than the EU. Yet if we keep voting in the same people...

I don’t know what you’ve been up to today but I’ve been listening to LBC as it takes a vox pop around the UK. From Aberafan to South Shields, Wigan to Tamworth and the thing that unites all the geographically disparate locales is anger - real, palpable and rising.

I don’t think for one minute that the EU is at the root of it, it’s the process of globalisation that is providing both motor and accelerant. It’s befouling the present and robbing the future.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:57 - Oct 18 with 1726 viewsAnotherJohn

I've got a lot of respect for the northern Labour MPs who remember what they signed up for in supporting the referendum. Unfortunately there aren't many Welsh Labour MPs showing the same degree of integrity. They remind me of the patrician Tories of yesteryear who also thought they knew better than the voters. Surprisingly Stephen Kinnock may be an honorable exception. There is a huge rebuilding task ahead if Labour is to re-emerge as a party for working people.
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 14:24 - Oct 18 with 1712 viewsCatullus

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:23 - Oct 18 by LeonWasGod

And getting worse, thanks to this madness.

I understand, but can I blame them? I'm not sure. It's easy to want to lay blame, but I suppose ultimately they (we) are the victims. It shouldn't take much to realise that our own government(s) have FAR bigger sway over people's lives than the EU. Yet if we keep voting in the same people...

The same people is the problem, thing is though the faces change the people don't. Because politicians these days seem to be hand picked in some kind of nepotism based plan to design the future political class.
We keep churning out the same politicians time and again. By the same I mean the deceitful, lying, self serving type who say everything we want to hear, until they get into power. Then they become "do as I say not as I do" types who prove to be totally out of touch.

Or am I too cynical?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:50 - Oct 18 with 1692 viewsFlashberryjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 19:54 - Oct 17 by HCMC

Labour will be punished that is for sure,and not just in Wales.

Especially when they see c^nts like Chris Bryant asking for expenses for MP's with children to pay for child care for attending the HoC on a Saturday.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:52 - Oct 18 with 1691 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:57 - Oct 18 by AnotherJohn

I've got a lot of respect for the northern Labour MPs who remember what they signed up for in supporting the referendum. Unfortunately there aren't many Welsh Labour MPs showing the same degree of integrity. They remind me of the patrician Tories of yesteryear who also thought they knew better than the voters. Surprisingly Stephen Kinnock may be an honorable exception. There is a huge rebuilding task ahead if Labour is to re-emerge as a party for working people.

How is brexit going to help the working person in an ever globalised world?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:56 - Oct 18 with 1687 viewsbluey_the_blue

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:43 - Oct 18 by Lohengrin

I don’t know what you’ve been up to today but I’ve been listening to LBC as it takes a vox pop around the UK. From Aberafan to South Shields, Wigan to Tamworth and the thing that unites all the geographically disparate locales is anger - real, palpable and rising.

I don’t think for one minute that the EU is at the root of it, it’s the process of globalisation that is providing both motor and accelerant. It’s befouling the present and robbing the future.

Yet those angry with globalisation, Loh, are the same happy to buy stuff online cheaper, often made in China, undercutting British manufactured produce.

Can't have it both ways.
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 16:16 - Oct 18 with 1666 viewsHighjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:50 - Oct 18 by Flashberryjack

Especially when they see c^nts like Chris Bryant asking for expenses for MP's with children to pay for child care for attending the HoC on a Saturday.

How many children does Chris have to look after?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:10 - Oct 18 with 1639 viewsCatullus

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 16:16 - Oct 18 by Highjack

How many children does Chris have to look after?

He has 2 kids with his partner, Katriona Stirling who is apparently a barrister. So they aren't short of a few bob then and he asks for more, well no you greedy b'stard you can't have more, enough is enough.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:30 - Oct 18 with 1626 viewsjonesw

Wales have become little England, we've suck up to them ,the Irish and Scotts would never do they have pride. How must the Welsh miners who sacrificed there lifes for workers right and conditions feel when there fellow welsh men starts listening to public school boys toffs who don't and never will care about wales
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:43 - Oct 18 with 1617 viewsKilkennyjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 13:43 - Oct 18 by Lohengrin

Two ways of dealing with globalisation, of course ....

Dress up as King Kanute and try to stop it by shouting loudly at it, or,
Get the right modern skills, work hard, and embrace the opportunities it will bring ...

The first option is unlikely to work.
The second option has a better chance if your nation is already part of one of the largest trading blocks in the world.

Its not easy - and the nation state has to get Its people skilled up and ready.

If people believe in a North Korea type model where Britain simply opts out of globalisation then thats all a bit well unicorns. 🦄

Beware of the Risen People

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:55 - Oct 18 with 1608 viewsCatullus

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:43 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

Get the right modern skills, work hard, and embrace the opportunities it will bring ...

The second option has a better chance if your nation is already part of one of the largest trading blocks in the world.

If people believe in a North Korea type model where Britain simply opts out of globalisation then thats all a bit well unicorns. 🦄

The UK isn't trying to opt out of globalisation and you remainers need to stop spouting the lie.
Brexit isn't about isolation it's about opportunity.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 18:34 - Oct 18 with 1595 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 15:52 - Oct 18 by waynekerr55

How is brexit going to help the working person in an ever globalised world?

Anyone?

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 18:51 - Oct 18 with 1582 viewsKilkennyjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:55 - Oct 18 by Catullus

The UK isn't trying to opt out of globalisation and you remainers need to stop spouting the lie.
Brexit isn't about isolation it's about opportunity.

So ....leaving the EU and all its many trade deals, to have none of that, is not isolationist ? Really ?

And you use the word ‘opportunity‘ , whereas the word ‘guess’ might be better ?

🇰🇵 🇬🇧 🇰🇵 🇬🇧 #surrenderjohnson

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 18:57 - Oct 18 with 1577 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 18:34 - Oct 18 by waynekerr55

Anyone?

How did being in the EU help any UK working person in a globalised world?
It gave us VAT and import duties and stopped us making our own deals.
It forced our government to put Large Commercial Projects out to to tender, so that we had to compete with Low wage structure countries in the EU that the EU were helping with our cash.
As an organisation it paid itself Billions of Euros sucking the life out of the contributing nations.
As an organisation it paid billions of Euros out in Aid to stupid causes, just like our Government.
It's Environmental policies zealously adopted by our stupid politicians cause flooding. Which also stops farmers using dredging silt (great fertilisers) on their fields.
It

Yes the EU were very helpful indeed to us working folk.
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 19:11 - Oct 18 with 1562 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:30 - Oct 18 by jonesw

Wales have become little England, we've suck up to them ,the Irish and Scotts would never do they have pride. How must the Welsh miners who sacrificed there lifes for workers right and conditions feel when there fellow welsh men starts listening to public school boys toffs who don't and never will care about wales

Top post.
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 19:21 - Oct 18 with 1558 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 18:57 - Oct 18 by A_Fans_Dad

How did being in the EU help any UK working person in a globalised world?
It gave us VAT and import duties and stopped us making our own deals.
It forced our government to put Large Commercial Projects out to to tender, so that we had to compete with Low wage structure countries in the EU that the EU were helping with our cash.
As an organisation it paid itself Billions of Euros sucking the life out of the contributing nations.
As an organisation it paid billions of Euros out in Aid to stupid causes, just like our Government.
It's Environmental policies zealously adopted by our stupid politicians cause flooding. Which also stops farmers using dredging silt (great fertilisers) on their fields.
It

Yes the EU were very helpful indeed to us working folk.

Nobody forced anything on us, we chose to follow European law. Parliament is sovereign.

Tendering is exactly that. Any company is free to use local workers.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/nov/11/chuka-umunna-favouring-uk-firms

Care to point out the specific legislation that we couldn't opt out of?

Balance that against a falling pound, rapid increase in raw materials. Still, we can all go to Margate for our summer break,hey?

And if you think Wales will get anywhere near the investment it does now, think again
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 19:24]

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 19:38 - Oct 18 with 1546 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 19:21 - Oct 18 by waynekerr55

Nobody forced anything on us, we chose to follow European law. Parliament is sovereign.

Tendering is exactly that. Any company is free to use local workers.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2011/nov/11/chuka-umunna-favouring-uk-firms

Care to point out the specific legislation that we couldn't opt out of?

Balance that against a falling pound, rapid increase in raw materials. Still, we can all go to Margate for our summer break,hey?

And if you think Wales will get anywhere near the investment it does now, think again
[Post edited 18 Oct 2019 19:24]

"Nobody forced anything on us, we chose to follow European law. Parliament is sovereign. "

Exactly, well now we can choose to NOT follow those laws unless they are to our benefit.

Fancy quoting The Guardian and Chuka Umunna as an expert source on EU legalities LOL.

The only Legislation that we can legally Opt out of is Schengen Agreement, The Charter Of Fundemental Rights & The Area of Freedom, Security and Justice. The Euro & Eurozone.
Everything alse we have to follow unless we go for a formal opt out as we have done for those 4.
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 20:20 - Oct 18 with 1530 viewsKilkennyjack

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:30 - Oct 18 by jonesw

Correct - welsh people have an historic duty to stand against Tory exploitation of the working class.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 20:54 - Oct 18 with 1517 viewsCatullus

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 18:51 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

So ....leaving the EU and all its many trade deals, to have none of that, is not isolationist ? Really ?

And you use the word ‘opportunity‘ , whereas the word ‘guess’ might be better ?

🇰🇵 🇬🇧 🇰🇵 🇬🇧 #surrenderjohnson

Well maybe because we can forge our own trade deals, deals that suit us better. You'd think we were building a wall around the islands and threatening to shoot anyone trying to enter or leave.
To be fair, it's not like anyone ever left these islands, you know, pre EU and went off into the big wide world looking for opportunity. That would just be mad.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:12 - Oct 18 with 1501 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 19:38 - Oct 18 by A_Fans_Dad

"Nobody forced anything on us, we chose to follow European law. Parliament is sovereign. "

Exactly, well now we can choose to NOT follow those laws unless they are to our benefit.

Fancy quoting The Guardian and Chuka Umunna as an expert source on EU legalities LOL.

The only Legislation that we can legally Opt out of is Schengen Agreement, The Charter Of Fundemental Rights & The Area of Freedom, Security and Justice. The Euro & Eurozone.
Everything alse we have to follow unless we go for a formal opt out as we have done for those 4.

We were always able to choose to opt out. For example, the ECHR was seen as embarrassing not to follow.

I'm afraid it's successive governments who have played the 'twas them bastàrd ewros line.

I will add that I do understand why people voted that way. For example, Wingstand talks about foreign labour undercutting us, the Governmeny simply didn't fund the apprenticeships scheme well enough. I know someone who was regularly told "why would I want an apprentice when I can get someone fully qualified from Europe in 12 hours?".

Add into the mix chronic waste and bent college principals and you have the chaotic mix and justification as to why education isn't funded.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:14 - Oct 18 with 1499 viewswaynekerr55

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 19:38 - Oct 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Well Ummuna was a practicing solicitor in EU law, so he probably knows a damn sight more than the red tops and any of us.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:17 - Oct 18 with 1496 viewsLeonWasGod

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 20:54 - Oct 18 by Catullus

Well maybe because we can forge our own trade deals, deals that suit us better. You'd think we were building a wall around the islands and threatening to shoot anyone trying to enter or leave.
To be fair, it's not like anyone ever left these islands, you know, pre EU and went off into the big wide world looking for opportunity. That would just be mad.

Better negotiating power as part of a larger block though innit. Brexit justified in terms of more trade deals is a lie; it sounds good but it’s been shot down by countless trade experts who’ve looked at the detail over slogans.
Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:26 - Oct 18 with 1492 viewsDr_Winston

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:17 - Oct 18 by LeonWasGod

Better negotiating power as part of a larger block though innit. Brexit justified in terms of more trade deals is a lie; it sounds good but it’s been shot down by countless trade experts who’ve looked at the detail over slogans.

The EU share of global trade has shrunk consistently over the last 10-15 years. Being free to negotiate our own deals may be a benefit, may be a hindrance.

Nobody can say for certain, despite 90% of people being convinced that they can say for certain.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 21:59 - Oct 18 with 1469 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 17:43 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

Read, son. Every chance you get. As widely and as often as time allows. Read, read and inwardly digest. Read.

Think for yourself, son. Perhaps then your arguments won’t just parrot her’s...

[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 0:17]

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 00:19 - Oct 19 with 1417 viewsLohengrin

Welcome to Tory Heartland Wales! on 20:20 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

Correct - welsh people have an historic duty to stand against Tory exploitation of the working class.

See above.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024