Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
face it lads 16:13 - Dec 19 with 9698 viewsJBG

we have been sold out to a INVESTMENT group, nothing else, Morgan,Jenkins, and the rest of the money grabbing gits have taken the cash without a worry of the so called club they love, Jenkins has won the lottery FFS, from a twice bankrurpt to a multi millionaire on half a million pound a year, saved the club my arse, saved his fhucking self more like
The yanks have had 48 million back already only another 20 million and they are in profit, sell siggy and modo all their money back in January
Take the parachute payments and they have giving their investors a nice big profit,get on a plane out of Swansea, and move on to the next mugs please,
If any of you think any different you are all deluded

The x directors and the trust can not do fhuck all about it

I would like to say i am not 2 faced and will give them aforementioned x directors a piece of my mind,if/when i bump into them again, i do know 2 of them, i've been a supporter for 44 years and watched our directors make a fortune on US the supporters backs

Time the grabbing tvvat's felt their not welcome at our club or on wind street anymore, i hope we can survive this, i really hope

[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 16:42]
face it lads on 20:27 - Dec 19 with 1639 viewsmahoss

face it lads on 19:51 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

I wouldn't say they specificaly intend to get us relegated.

As long as they don't spend any money, there's money to be made wether we stay up or go down.

The only sure way that they'll lose money is if they do as others have done, and throw money at the club in an effort avoid relegation, they may know feck all about football, but they sure as hell know the dark arts of business.

Send no money relegation

I think they'll spend money in January,how much is going to be the question.
I don't think it will be a lot,it,ll be players coming to the end of contracts like this guy from Holland,and maybe a loan or two hoping that will be enough to turn it around.
There may be a couple leaving,Ki and possibly Fernandez are prime candidates,we shall see !
face it lads on 20:28 - Dec 19 with 1635 viewsTheResurrection

face it lads on 19:27 - Dec 19 by PawelAbbott

I think we're going to see large amounts spent in January.
I also think it will be funded by player sales, probably Gylfi, Ki, Bartley and Gomis.
If the Ki to China rumours are true, could be worth £50M + in total.

You're clearly off your nut with your last 2 posts mate

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

face it lads on 20:45 - Dec 19 with 1581 viewsTheResurrection

face it lads on 19:51 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

I wouldn't say they specificaly intend to get us relegated.

As long as they don't spend any money, there's money to be made wether we stay up or go down.

The only sure way that they'll lose money is if they do as others have done, and throw money at the club in an effort avoid relegation, they may know feck all about football, but they sure as hell know the dark arts of business.

Send no money relegation

How is there money to be made from relegation? They are only 68% shareholders remember so 32% of any money taken out wouldn't go to them. We'd still have to have a playing squad and the wages would still be quite hefty even if they did trim it down, which in all fairness we would have to and should. We don't own the stadium, the training facilities are shared with the University so unlikely to make any sort of killing there so that leaves the Landore Academy and meagre parachute payments.

If we go down they have a massive headache, they'd be better off trying to sort the high earners out whilst keeping us competitive to get us back up so they can get back on plan.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

face it lads on 21:02 - Dec 19 with 1530 viewsplasjack

face it lads on 20:45 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

How is there money to be made from relegation? They are only 68% shareholders remember so 32% of any money taken out wouldn't go to them. We'd still have to have a playing squad and the wages would still be quite hefty even if they did trim it down, which in all fairness we would have to and should. We don't own the stadium, the training facilities are shared with the University so unlikely to make any sort of killing there so that leaves the Landore Academy and meagre parachute payments.

If we go down they have a massive headache, they'd be better off trying to sort the high earners out whilst keeping us competitive to get us back up so they can get back on plan.

Sorry repeating myself, but to profit for parachute payments which i don't think they can due to P/L rules, would take 3 years, don't think they will be here that long.
face it lads on 21:03 - Dec 19 with 1527 viewsNeathJack

face it lads on 21:02 - Dec 19 by plasjack

Sorry repeating myself, but to profit for parachute payments which i don't think they can due to P/L rules, would take 3 years, don't think they will be here that long.

They absolutely can.

Exhibit A) Blackpool
face it lads on 21:05 - Dec 19 with 1519 viewsplasjack

face it lads on 21:03 - Dec 19 by NeathJack

They absolutely can.

Exhibit A) Blackpool

But it will take 3 years.
face it lads on 21:05 - Dec 19 with 1519 viewsLandore_Jack

face it lads on 21:03 - Dec 19 by NeathJack

They absolutely can.

Exhibit A) Blackpool

Exhibit B) Blackburn Rovers

#backtojack

face it lads on 21:07 - Dec 19 with 1511 viewsFlashberryjack

I wouldn't call in excess £75 million in parachute payments meagre.

I'm certainly no financial expert, but there are ways and means around everything, especially if there's money involved.

As someone has already alluded to, their intentions will become much clearer when the January transfer window opens.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

face it lads on 21:42 - Dec 19 with 1461 viewsSwansNZ

Hang on, we were sold to an investment group, and not someone who was going to take us to the next level?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

face it lads on 21:48 - Dec 19 with 1445 viewsFlashberryjack

face it lads on 21:42 - Dec 19 by SwansNZ

Hang on, we were sold to an investment group, and not someone who was going to take us to the next level?

They are taking us to another level...........the question is which level.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

face it lads on 21:59 - Dec 19 with 1423 viewsSwansNZ

face it lads on 21:48 - Dec 19 by Flashberryjack

They are taking us to another level...........the question is which level.

well, I guess we've never been in the conference before.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

face it lads on 22:00 - Dec 19 with 1422 viewsPawelAbbott

face it lads on 19:29 - Dec 19 by Shonky

Surely we aren't going to take less than £30M for Gylfi and given the fees paid by Chinese clubs £15M is not unusual for Ki.
Probably spend about £25M of that on 4-5 players
face it lads on 22:04 - Dec 19 with 1413 viewsdameedna

face it lads on 21:42 - Dec 19 by SwansNZ

ps not meant to quote other post.

Costs will be cut more drastically if we fall to the Championship, failure will be a reality if we fall to League 1/2.

On building an asset, it takes an investment group on average 5 or 6 years to design, build and recalibrate the engine. A lot of the engine work will focus on control and management of costs in the initial years.

Laudrup's plan was interesting whereby he wanted 15/16 top earners, supported by youth. Clearly some of the Board members moved against this idea and the current plan has been followed for a number of years including selling players.

What is interesting is that the new owners are being forced to make fast decisions due to poor results. That means the next 4 games are critical and they have to decide what to do - either put money in now when we are still in the EPL, or tough it out as we are not attractive while at the bottom and losing heavily.

Tough decisions as if it was my money I'd be keeping it in my pocket and hoping Bob can turn the corner and look for good offers for 1 or 2 players that may want to leave and bring in some like for like, if they'll come for scrap.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 22:16]
face it lads on 23:32 - Dec 19 with 1315 viewsSwanseajill

I can't say whether they've made 48M or not JBG, but with over 3,000 staff to pay each month that cost is a stretch.
What I will say is that almost coming up to 4 months into the season I recall the new owners wanted to target the commercial dept which was in the doldrums and needed a kick up the a*s. I've seen no sign of that.
What contacts for new...and I would suggest expensive players, does Bob have? Because buying like for like is never going to get us out of this mess that we are currently in.
All of us could see the signs at the very start of the season, yes the window was closed, were loan players not an option?
It won't be right on the night this time, too little, too late..
face it lads on 23:43 - Dec 19 with 1289 viewsTheResurrection

face it lads on 23:32 - Dec 19 by Swanseajill

I can't say whether they've made 48M or not JBG, but with over 3,000 staff to pay each month that cost is a stretch.
What I will say is that almost coming up to 4 months into the season I recall the new owners wanted to target the commercial dept which was in the doldrums and needed a kick up the a*s. I've seen no sign of that.
What contacts for new...and I would suggest expensive players, does Bob have? Because buying like for like is never going to get us out of this mess that we are currently in.
All of us could see the signs at the very start of the season, yes the window was closed, were loan players not an option?

Loan players after the window had shut?

Dear me.

face it lads on 23:50 - Dec 19 with 1272 viewsSwanseajill

face it lads on 23:43 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Loan players after the window had shut?

Dear me.

Stop picking on me, I'm to tired and fed up to argue with you.
face it lads on 00:11 - Dec 20 with 1248 viewslonglostjack

face it lads on 23:32 - Dec 19 by Swanseajill

Good point on the commercial department. You'd imagine the founder of Oaktree would have a few contacts to do a deal, even if it were only for PR purposes to deflect attention from their obvious incompetence in other areas.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

face it lads on 00:30 - Dec 20 with 1222 viewsLord_Bony

When they took over last summer we were reasured of their intentions including...

Plans to push ahead with the purchase and expansion of the Liberty Stadium
Aims to provide finance to invest in the playing squad this summer and improve club infrastructure

Keeping chairman Huw Jenkins in his frontline role at the club
Protecting the club’s unique set-up at Premier League level with the Supporters Trust retaining both their share and their seat on the board
To invest in new squad players to retain us in the league...

They stressed the importance of keeping close links with the trust on all matters crucial to the club....heh... did nt quite go to plan some of that did it?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

face it lads on 00:52 - Dec 20 with 1205 viewsairedale

January transfer window, as someone else said, may reveal the club's intentions.
face it lads on 02:20 - Dec 20 with 1179 viewsDJack

68% now, come May and they can(could?) dilute the shares and leverage it against the dividend they will pay afterwards. Ayew's , Ash's and (potentially) Siggy's money... a shit load of cash.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

face it lads on 10:36 - Dec 20 with 1066 viewsJBG

face it lads on 02:20 - Dec 20 by DJack

68% now, come May and they can(could?) dilute the shares and leverage it against the dividend they will pay afterwards. Ayew's , Ash's and (potentially) Siggy's money... a shit load of cash.

like talking to a brick wall
face it lads on 10:41 - Dec 20 with 1057 viewsSmellyplumz

face it lads on 00:52 - Dec 20 by airedale

January transfer window, as someone else said, may reveal the club's intentions.

They have no intention of investing they don't care if we go down, it's that simply, they will make money of us regardless, they do not care one jot about football or sport or fans, scfc could be a car factory for all they care, we are just a vehicle for making profit.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

face it lads on 11:00 - Dec 20 with 1035 viewsJBG

face it lads on 10:41 - Dec 20 by Smellyplumz

They have no intention of investing they don't care if we go down, it's that simply, they will make money of us regardless, they do not care one jot about football or sport or fans, scfc could be a car factory for all they care, we are just a vehicle for making profit.

This

how can't the rest not see it
face it lads on 11:24 - Dec 20 with 1005 viewsSmellyplumz

face it lads on 11:00 - Dec 20 by JBG

This

how can't the rest not see it

Denial I'm afraid.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

face it lads on 11:45 - Dec 20 with 978 viewsTheResurrection

face it lads on 02:20 - Dec 20 by DJack

So how would they dilute the shares then? By injecting new capital the other shareholders couldn't afford to buy?

So they would do that only to then blatantly make the Trust's holding worth less, only to take huge dividends?

Whilst I'm sure most things are possible if you're devious enough then if we didn't have a case already for Unfair Prejudice, we certainly would then, especially the way in which the Club was sold.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024