Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers 20:06 - Mar 9 with 4715 viewsenfieldargh

I have seen r's fans at Heathrow waiting for are Linus flights back to Ireland on Saturdays after a game so got me thinking this.

May have been covered by the playoff game at Wembley although Derby got me remembering my own experience.

This does not include coming back from oz or wherever to visit family etc and take in a Rangers game.

Example, I flew back from Los Angeles and went directly from heathrow to loftus road to watch a bore draw v derby back in the day. Derby had Charlie George and I think Bruce rioch sent off and we still didn't win

But more to the point I flew back from Bangkok arrived 7am heathrow , took in qpr v palace 6-0 thumping then flew back at 9pm that night, bonkers

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 14:23 - Mar 10 with 1119 viewsdaveB

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 11:41 - Mar 10 by paulparker

I Remember that game DaveB , they were all over us and I think Pembridge scored a pen for them ,2 late goals from Les which were typical Les goals BTW made it all ok and sent them down from the top flight , I think that was Gerrys first season as manager ?

yeah it was Francis first year and I remember a few were still worried about us going down before that game,it was the first home game after Gurnham Singh day against Spurs.
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 19:07 - Mar 10 with 1065 viewsNoDiddley

I once got a boat, train & coach to watch us away to Gillingham in a pre season friendly. Live in Essex so got Tilbury to Gravesend ferry, Train to Rochester or suchlike then Bus replacement to Gillingham. Won 1-0 Ray Jones scored (RIP)
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 09:26 - Mar 11 with 995 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Flew back om Brisbane for the play off final
Was in London 2 days.
One r the game and 1 to wait for return flight
Does that count ?
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 10:04 - Mar 11 with 974 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 12:29 - Mar 10 by EastR

Towards the end of the 09/10 season I flew into Heathrow on an April Sat morning from Sumatra via Malaysia. Left 30kgs of luggage at Paddington and headed to W12 for breakfast and a few pints before watching us draw 1-1 with Sheff Weds. A couple of post-match libations later I boarded a plane for Kabul for a few very dry months, and the highlight of watching the 2010 WC coverage on Afghan TV.

It seemed so much easier when we could just call Randel at the Gym Bar and get confirmation that he was going to show the QPR game.

Then we'd meet up for a few liveners, watch the game and head off into the Phnom Penh night with the rest of the posse

Happy days fella, happy days indeed.

Phnom Penh Rs 2008-12

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 13:54 - Mar 11 with 957 viewsCopenranger

The annual trip from Copenhagen to LR :)
Missed 2015 tho', but hoping to squeeze two visits in this year :)
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 14:15 - Mar 11 with 948 viewsQPRinCT

About 3,500 miles in September 2014. Left New York City at 7 am on a Friday and was at Loftus Road at 1030 am Saturday.
Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 14:33 - Mar 11 with 941 viewsTonto

Used to live/work in Aberdeen. Drove all the way to Coventry for THAT match when we effectively got relegated, and then drove all the way back to Aberdeen that evening in a less than complimentary mood.

We had a ticket to the Arsenal game at the Emirates in the first season back in the Prem. Booked tickets back from Czech where we were visiting the in-laws to be in time for the gamer - only for the plane to be delayed an hour and a half, and then the baggage reclaim belt broke down with our bag just in view, and that took 45 mins to fix... missed the game.

I am also a massive Dallas Cowboys fan, so for my 40th birthday my wife and I went over to Dallas to see them play a game live for the first time (it had been a massive ambition of mine). They lost that too...
[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 14:37]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 14:36 - Mar 11 with 931 viewsHayesender

I've come to the conclusion some of you are fecking mental

Furthest I've travelled was the night sleeper to Edinburgh (none of us slept much) for a pre-season game against Hibs in 95

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 15:14 - Mar 11 with 917 viewsEastR

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 10:04 - Mar 11 by PlanetHonneywood

It seemed so much easier when we could just call Randel at the Gym Bar and get confirmation that he was going to show the QPR game.

Then we'd meet up for a few liveners, watch the game and head off into the Phnom Penh night with the rest of the posse

Happy days fella, happy days indeed.

Phnom Penh Rs 2008-12

Ah the CambodiR’s!
I believe Randel is no longer of the parish (not in the Grim Reaper sense) and the place is under new management.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 18:44 - Mar 11 with 885 viewsjohncharles

I'm travelling down from Carnoustie. Leaving at 6.00 am and get beck at about 1.00 am Sunday.
My first game since I moved from leafy Ealing about a month ago.

Strong and stable my arse.

Furthest you ever travelled to watch the rangers on 00:20 - Mar 12 with 847 viewsWindsorHoopMan

I was on holiday in Mauritius and came baa day early for the playoff final
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024