Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread 18:32 - Oct 24 with 23011 viewsmawdlamjack

can see us winning this one by two or three goals. we have a great shot of reaching the last 32

pinch me i'm dreaming.

bloomin loves it i do, innit mun.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:31 - Oct 24 with 2784 views_Kieran

Shelvey provided no end product or quality whatsoever and goes missing in midfield, he and Canas didn't do a very good job when Kuban were in possession.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2013 22:36]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:32 - Oct 24 with 2780 viewsmidswan

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:24 - Oct 24 by KingBony

You're right of course, doesn't get rid of the frustration though. I'd have taken a draw as they looked quite dangerous on occasions but when you're 1-0 like that in injury time grrrrrr!!!!

I thought Amat was mom he's already coming on with almost every game he plays. Big player in a few years. Reminds me of Ash to start with.

I'd agree with that..improving player without a doubt.
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:33 - Oct 24 with 2763 viewsmawdlamjack

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:24 - Oct 24 by KingBony

You're right of course, doesn't get rid of the frustration though. I'd have taken a draw as they looked quite dangerous on occasions but when you're 1-0 like that in injury time grrrrrr!!!!

I thought Amat was mom he's already coming on with almost every game he plays. Big player in a few years. Reminds me of Ash to start with.

spot on,amat was first class tonight,read the game well and put in some crucial tackles. rangel again showed the difference he makes to the team, we improved significantly when he came on. poz continues to frustrate by drifting to far inside but showed nice touches again and great assist for the goal.vasquez took up some good positions and gave us options. canas was mediocre at best today. bony was anonymous but the ball rarely got to him.
lets hope thats the last poor performance and we pick up the pace against the ammers

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:38 - Oct 24 with 2700 views_Kieran

Amat, Chico, Taylor and Rangel all performed well, deserved a clean sheet.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:42 - Oct 24 with 2674 views3swan

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:33 - Oct 24 by mawdlamjack

spot on,amat was first class tonight,read the game well and put in some crucial tackles. rangel again showed the difference he makes to the team, we improved significantly when he came on. poz continues to frustrate by drifting to far inside but showed nice touches again and great assist for the goal.vasquez took up some good positions and gave us options. canas was mediocre at best today. bony was anonymous but the ball rarely got to him.
lets hope thats the last poor performance and we pick up the pace against the ammers

Again a game where we played off tempo and the performance suffered. A 15 min spell in the second half we showed what we are capable of but then showed our naive side. We lacked a leader on the pitch to control our game, we rushed simple passes and gave the ball away. Very biased towards Leon but without him we are half a team.
They threatened to score in the way they did a few times in the first half but did we learn. Shelvey, long passes in the first half, then simple passes in the second............. did ML have a quiet word at half time?
Nowhere near the end of the world, but shows that we rely on 3 or 4 players being ever present
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:43 - Oct 24 with 2662 viewsDr_Winston

Not a good day at the office.

Pozuelo in particular had a mare, but the entire offensive unit suffered from the same problems we did for the first 45 minutes against Sunderland. Someone received a pass, then just f*cking stood there waiting for an opportunity to offload it. Nobody wanted the ball, nobody tried to make anything happen. Just passing for the sake of it, even if the opportunity was there to carry it forward.

It was like a bad Rodgers performance.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:01 - Oct 24 with 2529 viewsPureRockFury

It was a bit like the Sunderland game, but without the 2nd-half wake-up call.

Pozuelo, Tiendalli and Canas were dogsh*t, and the rest weren't up to much either. As for dicking around in the last minute of injury-time like amateurs...then again, I was so bored rigid by the game I was barely woken from my slumber to give 2 sh*ts about the penalty.

File under Nights to Forget.

Even the bad times were good.

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:03 - Oct 24 with 2509 views_Kieran

Wasn't Pozuelo's best game but he still provided the moment of quality with the assist, like Pablo when he plays he can be ineffective for 80 minutes but he usually creates a few chances.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:03 - Oct 24 with 2508 viewsmawdlamjack

can't do it mate, nights like this give me nightmares

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:07 - Oct 24 with 2483 viewsNogginthenog

To be fair I thought they were good enough for a draw, but to let it happen like that was farcical. Everything is so narrow that the midfield gets crowded and that makes it inevitable that passes will go astray, when we do get the ball wide we haven't a clue what to do and pass back inside. As someone said earlier a few were dogshit tonight but it's a draw so lets forget it and move on.
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:25 - Oct 24 with 2408 viewsStarsky

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:04 - Oct 24 by SgorioFruit

Not once did i refer to bony as the reason we threw two points away.
On a serious note, £12 million for a fat lazy shit is just out of swansea's depth. Doesnt suit our play what so ever.

Oh shurrup ffs.
If we used him properly then you might see a difference.
When you've got 2 wingers who wont go past the full back and put in some decent crosses then all you're going to see is some neat layoffs... which he did most of the night.

It's just the internet, init.

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:35 - Oct 24 with 2358 viewsymaohyd

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:38 - Oct 24 by _Kieran

You can't be serious? Deserved a clean sheet! For me they Kuban) deserved a draw. Could have scored on numerous occasions in the first half. Amat did ok, however it shows how the strength of the squad can be so varied. At the back, with that defence, I can't see us picking up many points in the league on the road.

One of the most unprofessional performances I have seen in a long while. ML hit the nail on the head before the game about being focussed etc in discussing his previous experience in Europe, yet the team went out and did exactly the opposite.

Of the players we signed in the summer, Pozuelo could become a huge player for us. He needs to be played though just behind Michu who I would play up top on his own. ML likes his wide players to play narrow, however, Pozuelo isn't a wide player in any shape or form.

For years, one of the few criticisms I'd have of the Swans would be that when things aren't going our way we haven't had a player to come on and bully the opposition and change the dynamic of the game.

In Shelvey and Canas I thought we might have changed that. On tonight's showing for both I'm not sure. I thought Canas would add huge personality and work ethic to us in playing just in front of the back 4. For me he looked very lethargic tonight. We didn't look tight at the back and we missed Ash hugely.

Shelvey has huge talent, he needs a strong captain to talk him through a game and give him encouragement to drive forward, again lacking tonight.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:37 - Oct 24 with 2349 viewslovejuicejack

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:25 - Oct 24 by Starsky

Oh shurrup ffs.
When you've got 2 wingers who wont go past the full back and put in some decent crosses then all you're going to see is some neat layoffs... which he did most of the night.

This. to call him a fat lazy sh1t is just foolish, what has happened to our wingers? we really need to start taking on and beating the oppo players.
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:43 - Oct 24 with 2323 viewsDarran

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:37 - Oct 24 by lovejuicejack

This. to call him a fat lazy sh1t is just foolish, what has happened to our wingers? we really need to start taking on and beating the oppo players.

Well what you saw tonight from Poz was one of the most ill-disciplined performances you'll ever see from a professional footballer.
It's totally irrelevant if he's a winger or not,did he not know when we kicked off that he had been picked to play wide in the left?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:45 - Oct 24 with 2318 viewslovejuicejack

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:43 - Oct 24 by Darran

Well what you saw tonight from Poz was one of the most ill-disciplined performances you'll ever see from a professional footballer.
It's totally irrelevant if he's a winger or not,did he not know when we kicked off that he had been picked to play wide in the left?

Its all wrong at the moment for me Darran, shape has gone a bit innit.
The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:46 - Oct 24 with 2312 viewsDarran

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:45 - Oct 24 by lovejuicejack

Its all wrong at the moment for me Darran, shape has gone a bit innit.

I absolutely agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 00:08 - Oct 25 with 2267 viewsymaohyd

Sometimes, too much can be taken from a game. I can't believe though, how poor we looked tonight compared to the Malmo home game. Every year we have got better, however the movement etc in the Malmo game was something else. The best I have seen the Swans ever play, apart from West Brom home game in the first half last year.

Yet a few months on and tonight we weren't at the races. I haven't got a problem with things not quite going your way, yet you look at the bench and there seems to be very little strength in depth, particularly in terms of game changers. Lamah!! He hasn't had much of a chance, but come on!

You realise now how good a team we had back in the championship. In my opinion the current squad contains the greatest player ever to play for the Swans..Leon and the best..Michu. Yes I know Michu wasn't with us then, but when we send Rangel on and he looks our best option of adding width, it speaks volumes.

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 00:08 - Oct 25 with 2262 viewsJohnw102

Just got home after driving through pissing rain, tired,hungry, fed up! The 2 halves tonight and that first half v Sunderland has put years on me. Sat isolated in the N/E nobody to talk too, got glared at by a family when shouted some advice to Tiendalli yet I will be back there on Sunday full of hope and faith. Life is great as a Swan!!!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 00:18 - Oct 25 with 2239 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:38 - Oct 24 by _Kieran

from where I was sat Taylor was totally out of his depth. Captain! Having a laugh or what. Slow in thought, action and a complete lack of leadership. On Poz from kick off and may have unsettled the young Spaniard.

Shelvey - another poor display
Tiendalli - another poor display and was lucky to have stayed on the pitch
Canas - forgot he was on the pitch
Bony - another poor display
Gerry - my hero .. a poor game
Poz - a poor game

Amat - much improved
Chico - thank god for Chico
Dyer - played with for no support until Rangel came on and we looked a different team - then he went off!
Shelvey - when he was passing the ball short a good game but he still takes several touches to play a first ball
Michu - played well

Rangel - excellent
Lamah - or Katherine (am I bothered) Tate
Vazques - or Schecter and he's becoming known as (personally I play him from the start in a few games to see if he adapt to our game better than Bony.

Seriously cheesed off tonight - an amateur performance with two poor teams cancelling each other put.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 00:24 - Oct 25 with 2228 viewsScoobyWho

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 23:25 - Oct 24 by Starsky

Oh shurrup ffs.

He should be laid off, proper time, oh how much do i wish he would prove me wrong.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 00:39 - Oct 25 with 2221 viewsymaohyd

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 00:18 - Oct 25 by Dull1Thomas

from where I was sat Taylor was totally out of his depth. Captain! Having a laugh or what. Slow in thought, action and a complete lack of leadership. On Poz from kick off and may have unsettled the young Spaniard.

Shelvey - another poor display
Tiendalli - another poor display and was lucky to have stayed on the pitch
Canas - forgot he was on the pitch
Bony - another poor display
Gerry - my hero .. a poor game
Poz - a poor game

Amat - much improved
Chico - thank god for Chico
Dyer - played with for no support until Rangel came on and we looked a different team - then he went off!
Shelvey - when he was passing the ball short a good game but he still takes several touches to play a first ball
Michu - played well

Rangel - excellent
Lamah - or Katherine (am I bothered) Tate
Vazques - or Schecter and he's becoming known as (personally I play him from the start in a few games to see if he adapt to our game better than Bony.

Seriously cheesed off tonight - an amateur performance with two poor teams cancelling each other put.

Very good post. Agree with all player analysis. At this stage I think Vazques could have a big future. Better suited to our play than WB, but, far from the finished article. Signs though of a really good player.

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 01:23 - Oct 25 with 2184 viewsDavillin

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:08 - Oct 24 by duckling

Shelvy is an interesting player, in general a good long shot and a fair amount of drive, however he needs to learn when to let go of the ball...
I'm not certain but doesn't he tend to take far more shots than even the strikers?(even when discounting the freekicks) sure his shot got power to it, but his role on the team isn't to be the main target man.

Half the team didn't click today, did ok but below their standard.
Should have scored a second goal with the amount of possesion the team had in the second half.

Valencia is waking up and going by tonights results could probably end up takingh first place eventually, so it's all about making sure the swans get a victory in one of the remaining 3

"Good long shot"?

One goal plus "...doesn't he tend to take far more shots than even the strikers?" That doesn't add up to "good long shot."

What "he needs to learn" is the Swansea way of keeping possession, short sharp passing, and the team game, and then play it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 01:27 - Oct 25 with 2182 viewsDavillin

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 22:18 - Oct 24 by Gowerjack

Are you learning Welsh Dav ?

O.K., if you insist. Atebolrwydd.

Edit: Oops! Just re-read your post. Very Clever! No, it was a typographical errorr.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2013 1:48]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 02:15 - Oct 25 with 2150 viewsSgorioFruit

Ah well

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 05:01 - Oct 25 with 2122 viewsraynor94

The Official Swans V Kuban Krosnador Thread on 02:15 - Oct 25 by SgorioFruit

Ah well

Stick to the welsh league, more your style

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024