Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry 22:24 - Jul 22 with 16298 viewseghamranger

Confirmed on sky sports news
Karl Henry on 11:38 - Jul 23 with 1834 viewsRANGERS4EVER

This once again goes back to abusing the team, players and managers before we have even kicked a ball in the Championship yet.Yes, he has not been amazing the past two seasons, and yes we havent signed anyone with creativity, but we are trying to get Hooper and Austin, we still have Remy and Taarabt, and we havent even played a competitive game yet. Im sure we were exactly like this when we brought Orr and Hill and Derry in our Championship winning season. So lets just give them a break and see how they do

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Karl Henry on 11:39 - Jul 23 with 1830 viewstoboboly

Karl Henry on 11:38 - Jul 23 by RANGERS4EVER

This once again goes back to abusing the team, players and managers before we have even kicked a ball in the Championship yet.Yes, he has not been amazing the past two seasons, and yes we havent signed anyone with creativity, but we are trying to get Hooper and Austin, we still have Remy and Taarabt, and we havent even played a competitive game yet. Im sure we were exactly like this when we brought Orr and Hill and Derry in our Championship winning season. So lets just give them a break and see how they do

I would rather Derry now than Henry. I hope he proves me wrong (should he sign) but from what I have seen of him even in his "successful" years he was a terrible player.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Karl Henry on 11:41 - Jul 23 with 1819 viewsrosseeles

Remy is apparently injured and hasnt played a minute in pre season...small matter of a possible court case coming up too. We may still have tarbs, but seems pretty obvious so far he wont be playing.

Hoopers back at Celtic in their squad for tomorrow, so again pretty obvious at the mo he wont be joining us (unless we double the sacks of money were offering no doubt) and Austins failed a medical at Dull

Apart from that, yes i agree lots to be positive about
Karl Henry on 12:00 - Jul 23 with 1745 viewsmakaveli1882

Karl Henry on 11:41 - Jul 23 by rosseeles

Remy is apparently injured and hasnt played a minute in pre season...small matter of a possible court case coming up too. We may still have tarbs, but seems pretty obvious so far he wont be playing.

Hoopers back at Celtic in their squad for tomorrow, so again pretty obvious at the mo he wont be joining us (unless we double the sacks of money were offering no doubt) and Austins failed a medical at Dull

Apart from that, yes i agree lots to be positive about

Also adding to the fact I have watched SWP, JH and the Parks etc over last 2 seasons it's not team bashing or not being positive it's just being honest

GK - Green

DF - Suk young, Hill, Onuoha, Simpson

MD - Hoilett, faurlin, Henry, SWP

FW - Johnson, Zamora

How many goals is this team going to score create???

draws or loses against Sheff Wed and Ipswich and away defeats to Bolton and Leeds live on Sky and we could be all over the papers again and looking for a new manager
Karl Henry on 12:19 - Jul 23 with 1677 viewsSomersetHoops

It is possible to look at our signings so far from the perspective of Harry getting the defence sorted out before he sorts out creative players and strikers.

On the other hand you could say Harry is going for another short term fix of our problems.

As far as Dunne and Henry are concerned I recall the same negative comments when Warnock signed Hill and Derry.

I only hope we have some creative players coming in, but only time will tell whether the players being brought in will work. Once they pull on the QPR shirt we should at least give them a chance and hope Harry knows what he is doing. I think there is a good chance he knows better than those of us on here what the QPR team needs.

Who's Next?

Karl Henry on 12:36 - Jul 23 with 1625 viewsRblockPrior

Alot of ppl are slating this signing but I honestly think it will be a good signing, seems as he is not a household name he is not being given a chance. I will welcome the signing and give him a chance as we have no reason not 2

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Karl Henry on 12:37 - Jul 23 with 1616 viewsSomersetHoops

Karl Henry on 12:19 - Jul 23 by SomersetHoops

It is possible to look at our signings so far from the perspective of Harry getting the defence sorted out before he sorts out creative players and strikers.

On the other hand you could say Harry is going for another short term fix of our problems.

As far as Dunne and Henry are concerned I recall the same negative comments when Warnock signed Hill and Derry.

I only hope we have some creative players coming in, but only time will tell whether the players being brought in will work. Once they pull on the QPR shirt we should at least give them a chance and hope Harry knows what he is doing. I think there is a good chance he knows better than those of us on here what the QPR team needs.

BTW - I am a bit surprised to see we are reportedly paying a fee of £1million for Henry as he is training with the reserve squad and Wolves want him off their wage bill. Are there other Championship clubs fighting to take him on? I would have thought a nominal fee would be appropriate in those circumstances and I hope he has moderated any wage demands - possibly part of the fee is going back to the player to compensate for his reduced earnings?

Who's Next?

Karl Henry on 12:43 - Jul 23 with 1580 viewsR_from_afar

Not a fabulous player but could be cheap and in any case, how many ball winning central midfielders are actually likely to still be with us at the start of the season?Only Ale, Jenas and Derry, I reckon, yet this is a key position. We are going to need a steely, tough tackler in the centre and Henry might just do a job.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry on 12:44 - Jul 23 with 1570 viewsballbag

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/1m-karl-henry-is-sort-of-leader-qpr-nee

“I’ve always liked Karl,” said the QPR manager. “He’s a good sort, he’s a competitor. He looks like he wants to win.

“He’s captain of Wolves and whenever I came up against him he always had that attitude about him that he’s very determined. I think he is what we need at the club.

“He’s a bit of a leader on the pitch and he will be a big asset for us. He is having a medical and it should go through today.”
Karl Henry on 12:45 - Jul 23 with 1565 viewsNorthernr

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

I'd be absolutely amazed. Wolves are desperate to get rid.
Karl Henry on 12:46 - Jul 23 with 1562 viewsNorthernr

Absolutely. No expressing of opinions allowed at all. Just smile and clap.
Karl Henry on 12:55 - Jul 23 with 1533 views00calben

I'm usually fairly optimistic/excited about most signings, but this is an awful signing.

As mentioned above and in other threads (e.g. Nathaniel Chalobah) there is so much better out there we could have signed.
Karl Henry on 13:03 - Jul 23 with 1503 viewsA40Bosh

Karl Henry on 12:55 - Jul 23 by 00calben

I'm usually fairly optimistic/excited about most signings, but this is an awful signing.

As mentioned above and in other threads (e.g. Nathaniel Chalobah) there is so much better out there we could have signed.

"there is so much better out there we could have signed."

If I had a pound for every time someone comes up with that moan when there is a rumoured signing or confirmation of a signing.............

"we could have signed" - No, we couldn't...........

Otherwise, we would have.........

Signed them.

We are not Man Utd
We are not Chel***
We are not Barcalona

When we come knocking on the door of a club all the players probably run and hide and hope its not them. And when it is them, we act all surprised that they dont want to come to the madhouse at LR. So in the past we would have thrown loads of money at them until it changed their mind.

But now, no more final big pay days or bribing players to wear the shirt, they have got to buy into the job at hand to bring the club back up.

So those that are "so much better out there" will not want to come here. If it was that easy and obvious we would all be football agents and managers.

"We've just signed Ronaldo, Messi and RVP today"

"oh, three terrible signings, there is so much better out there we could have bought instead"

Give me strength.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Karl Henry on 13:14 - Jul 23 with 1466 viewsAntti_Heinola

Karl Henry on 12:46 - Jul 23 by Northernr

I'm usually very positive and open minded. I was quite happy with Derry and Hill. I think we can all agree Orr was not really up to it. But this one is flabbergasting, it really is. I'm happy with Dunne and Simpson, but Henry, to me, is something I don't understand. I just don't get it and I'm fed up with us signing older players when we really, really need to look more to the future bearing in mind the age of our squad. Henry can't believe his luck I bet.

Bare bones.

Karl Henry on 13:18 - Jul 23 with 1441 viewsRangersw12

Instead of signing Henry can't we just coach Diakite ?
Karl Henry on 13:18 - Jul 23 with 1440 viewsessextaxiboy

Karl Henry on 12:46 - Jul 23 by Northernr

Not quite , but some of the self flagellating has been laughable .

If we are drawing 0-0 with Wednesday at half time they will probably get booed off.
Karl Henry on 13:21 - Jul 23 with 1415 viewssimmo

Seems to be bought PURELY for the fact that he is 'the right sort' a good character to allow Redknapp to control the dressing room and get the ethos and spirit right. Which in one way is fine, but you have to strike a balance between good attitude and actual ability - needs of the team. I do not see what Henry brings other than a good personality and work ethic.

This also flies in the face of the 'it is not an attitude thing it is an ability problem' that Redknapp touted last season. Absolute bollocks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Karl Henry on 13:22 - Jul 23 with 1412 viewsWeaverQPR

Redknapp building from the back ive got no problems with that. Ive not seen too much of Henry so I will judge him in his performances in a Hoops shirt. Make your team hard to beat and build from there.

@WeavQPR

Karl Henry on 13:23 - Jul 23 with 1410 viewsRangerJim

Karl Henry on 13:18 - Jul 23 by Rangersw12

Instead of signing Henry can't we just coach Diakite ?

Karl Henry on 13:29 - Jul 23 with 1366 viewsbarbicanranger

Wow, this thread has come along way since 23.14 last night...

From reading the above the only real positive of this signing seems to be that no-one has any high expectations, have to say that's quite refreshing after the feeling I had last year when I strolled over the betfair website to put a few quid on us finishing in the top 10.
Karl Henry on 13:31 - Jul 23 with 1362 viewsR_from_afar

Karl Henry on 13:03 - Jul 23 by A40Bosh

"there is so much better out there we could have signed."

If I had a pound for every time someone comes up with that moan when there is a rumoured signing or confirmation of a signing.............

"we could have signed" - No, we couldn't...........

Otherwise, we would have.........

Signed them.

We are not Man Utd
We are not Chel***
We are not Barcalona

When we come knocking on the door of a club all the players probably run and hide and hope its not them. And when it is them, we act all surprised that they dont want to come to the madhouse at LR. So in the past we would have thrown loads of money at them until it changed their mind.

But now, no more final big pay days or bribing players to wear the shirt, they have got to buy into the job at hand to bring the club back up.

So those that are "so much better out there" will not want to come here. If it was that easy and obvious we would all be football agents and managers.

"We've just signed Ronaldo, Messi and RVP today"

"oh, three terrible signings, there is so much better out there we could have bought instead"

Give me strength.

We are not Man Utd
We are not Chel***
We are not Barcalona

Absolutely spot on, well said. Sadly, this is where we are as of today.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Karl Henry on 13:49 - Jul 23 with 1302 viewsderbyhoop

Not a fan but it depends what it leads to. One or more of Barton, Mbia, Diakite going I could live with.
It doesn't look like a side that will be producing free flowing and exciting football. Rather grinding out 0-0s and 1-0s.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Karl Henry on 13:49 - Jul 23 with 1302 viewsderbyhoop

Dp
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Karl Henry on 13:53 - Jul 23 with 1629 viewsrsonist

Not spot on at all. We have the means and standing to attract a variety of players - excepting experienced Prem performers on the fringes of the England squad, sorry Harry - and it's only a lack of imagination that holds us back. If you really think the club is in such a state that only Karl Henry would consider joining then you're ten times more hysterical than anyone slagging him off here.
Karl Henry on 13:54 - Jul 23 with 1619 viewstoboboly

Karl Henry on 13:21 - Jul 23 by simmo

Seems to be bought PURELY for the fact that he is 'the right sort' a good character to allow Redknapp to control the dressing room and get the ethos and spirit right. Which in one way is fine, but you have to strike a balance between good attitude and actual ability - needs of the team. I do not see what Henry brings other than a good personality and work ethic.

This also flies in the face of the 'it is not an attitude thing it is an ability problem' that Redknapp touted last season. Absolute bollocks.

If he's the right sort then why has he been training with the kids and (supposedly) was being allowed to leave on a free when his contract runs until 2016?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024